• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

EDIT: In what order should I learn my abilities in when playing Swain?

Now this was a good match
http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/959631453/205390904?tab=stats

We start out slow with our Red being taken and a few deaths here an there, but by Mid game we were ahead. We did lose a few fights but I managed to get the Dragon as many times as possible and we got Baron twice. We stomped them by the end game and took the win.

Zed was bot support :V
I know I should've gone Youmuu, but they had an irelia that was ahead a bit, and wanted to have some more health to survive her BS.

You guys seen the leaked stuff about the Sion update?

Tell me more of this I've been wanting to hear about his Rework.

Sofo

My god do I need more practice on Syndra, I did so horribly bad ;_; Lost to an Ahri that really wasn't that great but the pressure of my first Normal with Syndra was too much. The rest of our lanes did poorly and our jungle had no lane presence which didn't make me feel so bad. I managed to land some good stuns but we really didn't have much of a frontline so my positioning was really off. I also kept eating Ahri's charm and from then on it went kinda south. Of course the 22/8/13 Tristana of the enemy team didn't help at all, and our Blitzcrank didn't ward anything at all, which made me doubtful of his S3 Diamond (bought account maybe?).

Anyway, was cool to play her regardless, but I have much to learn. Later we did some normals and I got to jungle as Evelynn, was pretty nice though all lanes were winning. Got to try Khazix but I did a terrible job, as I let the top Riven snowball hard and basically she could outdo us. The enemy Katarina on mid started to get big as well at that point it was kinda gg. Also I kept going bot but they didn't follow on my engages (I guess I need to ping harder) and by then Tristana was so fed she could basically 1v3 us.

I am happy because I am changing my attitude on the game atm, I used to rage quite a bit and get stressed/on tilt easily, but somehow I've tamed down a bit, which helps on my perception/reaction times. Like I still get stressed/upset but after all, it's just a game and sure isn't paying my bills.

Fun times.

My god do I need more practice on Syndra, I did so horribly bad ;_; Lost to an Ahri that really wasn't that great but the pressure of my first Normal with Syndra was too much. The rest of our lanes did poorly and our jungle had no lane presence which didn't make me feel so bad. I managed to land some good stuns but we really didn't have much of a frontline so my positioning was really off. I also kept eating Ahri's charm and from then on it went kinda south. Of course the 22/8/13 Tristana of the enemy team didn't help at all, and our Blitzcrank didn't ward anything at all, which made me doubtful of his S3 Diamond (bought account maybe?).

Anyway, was cool to play her regardless, but I have much to learn. Later we did some normals and I got to jungle as Evelynn, was pretty nice though all lanes were winning. Got to try Khazix but I did a terrible job, as I let the top Riven snowball hard and basically she could outdo us. The enemy Katarina on mid started to get big as well at that point it was kinda gg. Also I kept going bot but they didn't follow on my engages (I guess I need to ping harder) and by then Tristana was so fed she could basically 1v3 us.

I am happy because I am changing my attitude on the game atm, I used to rage quite a bit and get stressed/on tilt easily, but somehow I've tamed down a bit, which helps on my perception/reaction times. Like I still get stressed/upset but after all, it's just a game and sure isn't paying my bills.

Fun times.

I need to do this more, too. I get too angry at myself when things go poorly for me. And I might need to redefine what I consider poorly, too.

Nev

Banned

E-Q-W. Use E on the enemy from early on so you can force a summoner's or even a kill at level 3-4 when you land a nevermove (you have to land them or you will be useless not only in lane but the whole game, it's by far the most important and hard mechanic of Swain, throwing the combo afterwards is the easy part). Use Q to help yourself lasthitting, think of it of a slightly less powerful autoattack since the first hit is instant. You have to master that if you want to be able to have decent farm.

Fracas

#fuckonami

No matter what, e is always first. From there, it's up to you. I normally go w second, as it gives some reliable waveclear and does a surprising amount of damage.

Tizoc

My brother has been playing ascension all week. He likes using Fiddle, Ulti>Steal Xerath.

Won my first match as Swain, and getting the hang of him.
Just need to get used to roaming the map and invading other lanes.
My path atm is Rod of Ages>Hourglass+boots>Rylai>Liandry as per a gaffer's suggestion but I figure if I make Rylai first instead of Hourglass I can use my E to set up my W and go from there.

Jeff-DSA

I'm that guy now. I created a smurf account for practicing champions. I decided I'd rather not crap up normals for people, so I went ahead and smurfed. It's funny how many things you forget about that people do when they first start, like people get legit bugged if you want to jungle, because they prefer a duo top. Also, there's no concept of picking roles, just pick a champ and choose a lane. I've had some weird match ups already, like going against Blitzcrank as Yasuo and stuff like that. It's fun in a really weird way. I haven't lost yet, even in a couple of matches that ended up 3v5 since it's easy to carry so hard.

As for my main account, I'm at Silver 2 in the mid-50s LP. Getting close to that Silver 1 tier and then I'll have plenty of time to push for Gold.

Einbroch

Banned
Team Builder is literally for people like you, though. That's where they want people to test their champions, and testing against level 1 people may teach you bad habits.

Q8D3vil

I know its not ideal at all, but i like building azir as an ap bruiser instead of glass cannon because his kit seems to be about sustain damage more than doing burst.

Jeff-DSA

Team Builder is literally for people like you, though. That's where they want people to test their champions, and testing against level 1 people may teach you bad habits.

I'm only doing it to learn the mechanics of champions, not to improve general skills. I used to use Team Builder, but the 10-20 minute waits became ridiculous.

I'm only doing it to learn the mechanics of champions, not to improve general skills. I used to use Team Builder, but the 10-20 minute waits became ridiculous.

if you want a stress free environment to test the mechanics of champions just do co-op vs AI.

You won't learn much about the champions from low level games and will just pick up bad habits.

Bacon

When I made a smurf it was interesting to see what the low level players would argue over. It was always over inconsequential shit that post-30 players don't even think about anymore. I can't remember specifics but I remember finding it amusing. It was almost as if they knew that they needed to get mad at something in League but weren't exactly sure what to get mad about.

Then I stopped playing on my smurf because it's boooooooring.

zkylon

zkylewd

play custom games against bots

much much better

playing without runes and masteries, no flash/ignite against new players and raging bronze smurfs is not useful at all

Jeff-DSA

if you want a stress free environment to test the mechanics of champions just do co-op vs AI.

You won't learn much about the champions from low level games and will just pick up bad habits.

So far I've been most doing AI.

I do want a smurf account for other reasons though. I have some low Bronze friends that want to duo, but I'm getting close to Gold and I won't be able to do that anymore. I'll need a low level account just to play with them until they start moving up (if that ever happens).

Sofo

Damn, props to the people that support as Morgana. I kinda went for a late Zhonyas and to be honest, would have saved me so many deaths! We were pretty garbage at bot but it was still a fun game. It helped that their Shaco was pretty bad!

But yeah, like, I failed so many bindings! I'm used to mechanics such as Thresh/Leona's hooks but Dark Binding is soooo slow, ungh. Also, when I tried to predict the person to move, they wouldn't! /shakesfist

I ended with the embarrassing super feederino 4/14/30, which is at least 10 more deaths than what I'd like to have, but I had like no synergy with the ADC and jungle. ADC was Ezreal which I kinda don't like much tbh. They had Graves and Kayle (I just checked and she was Plat V, same with their Ziggs - our team it was just one Gold so I guess it kinda worked out for us) which tbh was a bit hard for us.

@NihonTiger90 Just don't let it get to you, I know exactly how you feel! Just think that it's ok to make mistakes, it's also (kinda) ok for people to make mistakes and well, if there's things out of your control then what are you gonna do about it? Not like it helps beating yourself up for it or getting pissed off about it! Hope it helps!

Pd. there's some vids from foxdrop on Youtube where he explains a bit about tilting/dealing with team mates, they sure helped me!

Bot games can lead to bad habits too. I've never seen so many tower dives.

Team Builder is good for trying new roles if you're support or jungle. Mid/top is almost always filled.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I play with bots when I just want to screw around. If I'm learning a new champ, I'll go in trial by fire into normals.

Though I remember in my very first ranked match, I tried out Olaf for the first time. Didn't go so great.

Sofo

I like playing bots in terms of becoming familiar with combos/range of abilities but then when you get to Normals, nothing like that matters. I mean, you can basically have a 100% cs farm on bots because you know how the bot will react to certain actions, but that is not necessarily what a person would do. I am being captain obvious I know.

Jeff-DSA

The only champion I played for the first time in ranked was Darius, because it was immediately obvious how to use him. I carried, because Bronze.

blackhand.JPG

Mothman91

You guys ever in a ranked match where your mid laner(syndra) gets her ass handed so bad, she resorts to getting her first item a banshees veil while double dipping into Athenes and Zhonyas??

Yeah I had that last night, think she broke 200 ap by like 35 minutes.

I hoped waking up today that was a nightmare, nope.

Newt

You guys ever in a ranked match where your mid laner(syndra) gets her ass handed so bad, she resorts to getting her first item a banshees veil while double dipping into Athenes and Zhonyas??

Or the ADC goes Frozen Mallet + Atmas Combo.

zkylon

zkylewd

not really i'm usually the mid syndra and 700 ap by 35 ty very much <3

tho i love getting second item banshees veil against someone like lebonk or something specially if i'm doing good

i think i once did like double dorans + blasting wand into banshees with lux and you know i was kind of unkillable lol

Blizzard

Banned
You think the idea of atma's weapon is scary -- did you all know that moonflair spellblade still exists? You could use it in ascension, and I guess in dominion.

bcl0328

I'm that guy now. I created a smurf account for practicing champions. I decided I'd rather not crap up normals for people, so I went ahead and smurfed. It's funny how many things you forget about that people do when they first start, like people get legit bugged if you want to jungle, because they prefer a duo top. Also, there's no concept of picking roles, just pick a champ and choose a lane. I've had some weird match ups already, like going against Blitzcrank as Yasuo and stuff like that. It's fun in a really weird way. I haven't lost yet, even in a couple of matches that ended up 3v5 since it's easy to carry so hard.

As for my main account, I'm at Silver 2 in the mid-50s LP. Getting close to that Silver 1 tier and then I'll have plenty of time to push for Gold.

easier said than done! i've dropped out of silver 1 twice. it's like the closer i get to gold, the worse my teams are.

Ferrio

Banned

But that doesn't really help you practice, except mechanically. Hell I'd say it'd hurt more cause you begin to have a skewed view of how to play the game.

drawkcaB

I don't really think playing with bots is something that's very useful to improving your mechanics.

I disagree, there's quite a few things you can learn by playing with bots. It's a low stress way to learn how to look at the enemy champion and keep minions on the periphery of vision and how to time harass with enemy AAs.

But if you approach it like, "faster I kill bots faster I can kill real people!" then no, you won't learn shit.

Ferrio

Banned
I disagree, there's quite a few things you can learn by playing with bots. It's a low stress way to learn how to look at the enemy champion and keep minions on the periphery of vision and how to time harass with enemy AAs.

But if you approach it like, "faster I kill bots faster I can kill real people!" then no, you won't learn shit.

Except bots have no real concept of harass. They don't react anywhere near what a real person does when harassed. They don't suddenly play smarter, or more defensive... no they either just keep hitting minions or they charge you like a dumbass taking even more damage.

Jeff-DSA

Except bots have no real concept of harass. They don't react anywhere near what a real person does when harassed. They don't suddenly play smarter, or more defensive... no they either just keep hitting minions or they charge you like a dumbass taking even more damage.

Yeah, they either sit behind minions or they're hyper aggressive. It's funny when you get the latter and they literally will chase you into turrets.

I wish Riot could make a better bot. Even the Intermediate bots are terribad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom