• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's another hook. Companies do it all the time. Reward systems offer little incentives that keep people returning and spending money.

I could see for every $50 worth of rp spent over $100, offer $5 off the next purchase of $50 or more. Something along those lines. These people are already spending 2x the price of a normal video game.

yeah i was thinking something like that or like discount vouchers but i feel like a reward should be a shiny free thing, not a discount thing

from mystery gifts you can give your friends (you already spent a lot of money on the game so things you can buy at the shop aren't as appealing i think), cool unique icons, real life swag (free shipping pls!!), tickets for lcs/ogn/local tournaments, etc.

not asking for those things since i believe they're actually a good deal of money on rito's part but i feel like anything below that would be kind of disappointing

Being a dick is a reportable offense, and it should be. It's not that hard to not be a dick, just don't chat anything. It's what will happen anyway when you get chat restricted.
saying "easy" is taunting which may get people understandably upset. i personally don't report ppl that say it but i can understand those who do

so yeah, don't say anything, i'm surprised so many people have trouble with that. i actually give honor to everyone that doesn't say anything (or ppl that only say "gg" or positive stuff).

that's why i think rito should disable /all chat entirely. in my 3k games or whatever i think i've seen a handful of good interactions with the enemy team at best. it would cut down negativity coming from both teams as you wouldn't get whiney people saying "DIS JUNGLER" in all chat and all that crap

Sofo

Being a dick is a reportable offense, and it should be. It's not that hard to not be a dick, just don't chat anything. It's what will happen anyway when you get chat restricted.

I like to just keep it classy with maybe a GL/HF at the start on all chat (not always) and a ggwp at the end regardless of how the game was. Honestly anything else is superfluous and will probably just merit people to jump on you. People are so damn desperate to do so, might as well not give them a chance.

Nev

Banned

It's a goddamn ARAM game and it's not serious. Light "trashtalking" (really not the most appropiate word) like "easy", "cya", "nice try" and such has been a part of online games since their beginning and I don't know a single person who feels offended by these things in fun, normal modes. They actually have the potential to turn a boring match into a funny one and a funny one into a hilarious one. Riot put in jokes, taunts and laugh for a reason, and it is a completely different thing than wishing cancer on someone or calling someone faggot.

If people don't understand what the report system is for then Riot should just remove all emotes from the champions because as it is right now they're an auto-report feature and nothing else, which is kinda pathetic but what can you expect from Lol community. And definitely remove the automated chat restriction, also known as the "chat restriction for someone who just beat you" or the instant cheap rage revenge button.

drawkcaB

These people are already spending 2x the price of a normal video game.

I fucking wish.

generally i feel like expecting rewards for spending lots of rp is kind of weird. an icon or something like that would be nice but anything other than that is wishful thinking i guess. like exclusive skins or being able to buy new champions for 6300 on the 7800 week or something all feel pretty shit for regular players

something like a couple free mystery skin gifts would be nice tho

(i think rito could do like one refund token a year or something for everyone tho)

Same on the yearly refund token. Give it out on sign-up anniversaries or something. I understand where Riot is coming from regarding exclusive icons, etc. for people who spend RP might send the wrong message to non-paying players, but to me more refund tokens is the best solution. Let's make the safe assumption that a player is more likely to refund an RP purchase than an IP purchase, so giving RP buyers more refund tokens simply returns their RP back to their "bank" - RP which is already bought and which non-paying players won't have anyways so it's not like they're losing out by having only 1 refund token in a year as opposed to 2 or 3.

No one ever buys atma's (except people who are mocked). No one ever bought moonflair spellblade either, until the point where Riot just plain deleted it from Summoner's Rift.
ok lets recap what moonflair spellblade gives you in stats

50 AP
50 Armor
50 MR
35% Tenacity

just the base stats themselves are super gold efficient, never mind the added tenacity, which is almost priceless on any tank. theres pretty much no item in the game like this.

now look at atmas.

45 armor
15% crit
15 ad for every 1000 health

it takes around 1200 hp for it to become gold efficient and it takes more thank 3k health for it to match the damage of a B.F. sword. It doesn't give an hp+armor bonus like randuins, has no cdr like frozen heart and has less armor than a thornmail.

theres a pretty huge difference between the two.

Einbroch

Banned
Trash talking is a part of the game. A few non-hateful words are fair game and shouldn't be punished.

2 ez, scrubs, get rekt, etc are all fine as long as you're not obnoxious about it. If you don't want to hear it, turn off all chat. It's off by default. Now, throwing out personal insults and hateful words should be punished.

Some people get upset too easily over stuff that comes with the territory in these kinds of games.

Also, Spellblade is legit in 3s. Are people saying it's bad?

Jeff-DSA

I've found that even when I want to help someone I have to do it in the most coddling way possible. Like one time I laned against a Talon (who I play well) with Katarina and I totally wrecked his face. Normally that's a tougher matchup for Kat since he can silence her and also easily escape her ult. It's just tough. Anyway, his biggest issue was that he just kept screwing up the engage combo, so after the game I said, "Hey man, I main Talon, and you almost had me a few times. I think the only reason I lived is that you didn't get that E off on me and I could E out right away."

He then freaks out and starts inviting me to 1v1 him and that I can pick Talon and choose any champion for him and that he'd prove that I didn't know anything about match ups. Then he reported and blocked me.

Cool.

pigeon

Banned
It's a goddamn ARAM game and it's not serious. Light "trashtalking" (really not the most appropiate word) like "easy", "cya", "nice try" and such has been a part of online games since their beginning and I don't know a single person who feels offended by these things in fun, normal modes.

You do now, because you got reported by them enough times that you got chat restricted.

Riot's reporting system gives a lot of weight to getting multiple reports and diminishes the weight of individual reports that aren't corroborated, specifically to filter out rage reporting people for beating you. If you caught an 80-game chat restrict, it's because you were getting reported repeatedly and across several games, which means that a large number of the people you played with felt that your behavior was objectionable. Sorry! Maybe it's a valuable lesson about the community! You may not think that trash talking is offensive, but League players in general clearly do or you wouldn't get punished for doing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm legit surprised that I haven't been chat restricted yet.

noot the bottom left corner of your avatar is distracting in dark gaf pls change eet to this

ibtCLOWRFtg1yO.png

thanks <3

Same on the yearly refund token. Give it out on sign-up anniversaries or something. I understand where Riot is coming from regarding exclusive icons, etc. for people who spend RP might send the wrong message to non-paying players, but to me more refund tokens is the best solution. Let's make the safe assumption that a player is more likely to refund an RP purchase than an IP purchase, so giving RP buyers more refund tokens simply returns their RP back to their "bank" - RP which is already bought and which non-paying players won't have anyways so it's not like they're losing out by having only 1 refund token in a year as opposed to 2 or 3.
i mean the problem i see with this is that it's just pretty darned unexciting

like your reward for buying lots of stuff is undoing purchases

that feels kind of messed up lol

i say rito just gives out the crazy amount of one (1) refund token a year without being able to go past 3.

then maybe i'll be able to refund riven for the third time lol

Trash talking is a part of the game. A few non-hateful words are fair game and shouldn't be punished.

2 ez, scrubs, get rekt, etc are all fine as long as you're not obnoxious about it. If you don't want to hear it, turn off all chat. It's off by default. Now, throwing out personal insults and hateful words should be punished.

Some people get upset too easily over stuff that comes with the territory in these kinds of games.
i feel "2 ez", "scrubs", "get rekt" and other such fine words wouldn't be missed if all chat was removed entirely

at least from ranked if the idea is to make ranked heaven

you can still spam /taunt if that is for some reason important to you

Blizzard

Banned
ok lets recap what moonflair spellblade gives you in stats

50 AP
50 Armor
50 MR
35% Tenacity

just the base stats themselves are super gold efficient, never mind the added tenacity, which is almost priceless on any tank. theres pretty much no item in the game like this.

now look at atmas.

45 armor
15% crit
15 ad for every 1000 health

it takes around 1200 hp for it to become gold efficient and it takes more thank 3k health for it to match the damage of a B.F. sword. It doesn't give an hp+armor bonus like randuins, has no cdr like frozen heart and has less armor than a thornmail.

theres a pretty huge difference between the two.
Let's make the comparison legitimate though, from patches 118 up until 152.

Moonflair spellblade, for 1290 gold, gave you in stats:

50 AP
0 Armor
0 MR
25% Tenacity, later buffed to 35% Tenacity.

In patch 152, the item was removed entirely. It wasn't until it was remade and added back as a non-summoner's-rift item that it got the nice stats you mention. :p

Nev

Banned
which means that a large number of the people you played with felt that your behavior was objectionable. Sorry! Maybe it's a valuable lesson about the community! You may not think that trash talking is offensive, but League players in general clearly do or you wouldn't get punished for doing it.

No, it means that they got absolutely wrecked as the silvers they are and they got mad and reported me for using /laugh in nexus. 100% accurate of 99% of reports.

clemenx

Banned
I'm legit curious about what goes through an intentional feeder's mind, it's perplexing.

I just had a Jinx who raged at me because I missed a couple of hooks as Blitz so he proceeds to insult me and selling all of his items for mobi boots, and goes feeding the mid lane until the 20th minute. We didn't even die or lost lane! Just missed some missed hooks.

zkylon

zkylewd
No, it means that they got absolutely wrecked as the silvers they are and they got mad and reported me for using /laugh in nexus. 100% accurate of 99% of reports.
lol oh nev

I'm legit curious about what goes through an intentional feeder's mind, it's perplexing.

I just had a Jinx who raged at me because I missed a couple of hooks as Blitz so he proceeds to insult me and selling all of his items for mobi boots, and goes feeding the mid lane until the 20th minute. We didn't even die or lost lane! Just missed some missed hooks.
i'd guess "not much"

fortunately she'll not be long in this world if she keeps it up

Blizzard

Banned
This is obviously something you can't know, since the tribunal is down and you don't work for Riot so you don't have the statistics.

I have never had a chat restriction and I'm not even sure if I know anyone besides you with a chat restriction. I type a TON in chat too, and I should type less since that annoys people. I have to believe that for such a huge restriction compared to everyone else having nothing, you must have been reported especially regularly.

pigeon

Banned

Maybe make a GD thread and ask whether that's the reason you got reported, then. That would seem unjust!

Nev

Banned
Maybe make a GD thread and ask whether that's the reason you got reported, then. That would seem unjust!

Your efforts to make me mad won't work, I really don't care so don't bother. Anyways I know exactly why the restriction is because you get a message when you get reported and it's always been after an ARAM game. I can sort of understand it tho since for the low elo drove that populates that mode, every ARAM match is a tryhard serious match so it makes sense to be offended for a -in their minds only- "disrespect" emote.

garath

Do you get notified after every report? I've only seen it once.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the notification only pops up if you've been reported a lot recently. Or it was if multiple people report you in a game. It says something if you're getting notified a lot....

Jeff-DSA

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the notification only pops up if you've been reported a lot recently. Or it was if multiple people report you in a game. It says something if you're getting notified a lot....

I think I got the notification because it was my first time getting reported. It said something along the lines of it not being my best day and that we all have them or something like that. I got that for helping someone, so I didn't really care.

I can tell when someone sees the pop-up though, because they blurt out, "REPORTED?! REALLY?!!?!" in chat before leaving. That's always kind of funny.

Nev

Banned
Do you get notified after every report? I've only seen it once.

You get them if more than 1 reports you, and ARAM bronze tryhards tend to go premade so no surprise. I always make sure to wait a few seconds to see if it pops up in order to proceed reporting them back. You want to give me chat restriction because I use a fucking feature of the game? Nice, have one yourself too.

Newt

You get them if more than 1 reports you, and ARAM bronze tryhards tend to go premade so no surprise. I always make sure to wait a few seconds to see if it pops up in order to proceed reporting them back. You want to give me chat restriction because I use a fucking feature of the game? Nice, have one yourself too.
Cmon Nev, don't blame those poor souls that faced your harsh abuse.

Nev

Banned
This reminds me, I was once in ARAM "trash talking" in /all everytime I killed someone. I was TF and I was saying stuff like "Yes? Mr. Ezreal? There seems to be a letter for you here, it comes in a yellow envelope." or "Fate's Delivery Service, now also delivering in the Howling Abyss. Have a look at our new colored cards and get them delivered to your face today!" after using an ult and killing someone.

The enemy was asking for more in /all during the whole match. I got x3 honorable opponent. That's the kind of "trash talking" I do in ARAM. But now some bronzes decided /laugh was too offensive for them so I can't liven up ARAM matches. The dumbasses. If I lose rewards for this I switch to Dota.

drawkcaB

So there's a possibility I've never been reported? Damn, I am one classy son-of-a-bitch. Which is funny as hell because I've done and said lots of things that would make me report someone else at the drop of a hat.

The only trash talking I tolerate is clever shit. Saying "ez" or "this X" and such is fucking stupid. Hit me with something actually clever, particularly based on the champs being played, and I'll shoot the shit with you, gladly. Had a Volibear one match against my team that went on a rampage. Told us we'd just have to "grin and BEAR it" and from there on out just pun after pun. There's a pretty clear line between shit talking for levity and fun and shit talking to piss the other players off.

Ferrio

Banned
So why was tribunal even removed? Was it not working? Having stuff out in the open and knowing exactly why you were banned was a nice thing.

Nev

Banned
nev do you twitter

i want a direct constant feed of your thoughts

I'm gonna create a twitter account named "Karma's a bitch" for your LoL rant needs.

I remembered more stuff. I was Nidalee and I sniped someone, I said: "What's X favorite artist? Britney Spears". And another, with Varus, also sniped someone: "What's X favorite TV show? Arrow". Not reported in any of them. I guess people just don't like cheap trash talking.

Blizzard

Banned
Your efforts to make me mad won't work, I really don't care so don't bother. Anyways I know exactly why the restriction is because you get a message when you get reported and it's always been after an ARAM game. I can sort of understand it tho since for the low elo drove that populates that mode, every ARAM match is a tryhard serious match so it makes sense to be offended for a -in their minds only- "disrespect" emote.
I'm almost POSITIVE you don't "get a message" when you get reported. You may get a message when you get reported a lot.

There's supposedly a warning message you can get, but people say they are going to report people, during 400+ silver games in season four alone, you would think I would have seen that message at least once, right? Nope, never have. I've also played a ton of ARAM. Never seen a popup.

What the person replying to you offered is a reasonable suggestion: If you are telling the truth, you have nothing to fear from making a thread on GD and asking if the reason you were banned was because of typing "easy" in ARAM games. Riot Lyte or someone else can presumably then check the chat logs and confirm it. It's a simple thing to do, with no risk for you, right?

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm gonna create a twitter account named "Karma's a bitch" for your LoL rant needs.

I remembered more stuff. I was Nidalee and I sniped someone, I said: "What's X favorite artist? Britney Spears". And another, with Varus, also sniped someone: "What's X favorite TV show? Arrow". Not reported in any of them. I guess people just don't like cheap trash talking.

keep me updated on this

also i would never report someone that goes through so much trouble to know people's favorite stuff

Leezard

I'm almost POSITIVE you don't "get a message" when you get reported. You may get a message when you get reported a lot.

There's supposedly a warning message you can get, but people say they are going to report people, during 400+ silver games in season four alone, you would think I would have seen that message at least once, right? Nope, never have. I've also played a ton of ARAM. Never seen a popup.

What the person replying to you offered is a reasonable suggestion: If you are telling the truth, you have nothing to fear from making a thread on GD and asking if the reason you were banned was because of typing "easy" in ARAM games. Riot Lyte or someone else can presumably then check the chat logs and confirm it. It's a simple thing to do, with no risk for you, right?

I haven't got a single message as well, and I know I've gotten reported at least once. I generally don't do the all chat trash talk, but a friend reported me and told me he did after a game. He did it to our whole premade team, just for fun. One other guy on our team actually got a message then.

Your Jinx was stupid. I have had supports miss hooks or binds repeatedly and gotten upset on my end, but I haven't ripped someone apart for it and I just keep playing as best I can. No reason to tear them apart in chat or worse. It doesn't teach them a lesson or something.

You just play. I had Morg I lanes with who missed about 80 percent of her binds, but I just kept playing on. Not much you can do. (We lost the game eventually.)

Jeff-DSA

A missed hook just means that they were pushed out of position anyway. Yeah, you would prefer to land all those hooks, but just the fact that you are harassing helps with positioning. It's far more annoying when you have a support burning all their mana on damage and then not having CC available when it counts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A missed hook just means that they were pushed out of position anyway. Yeah, you would prefer to land all those hooks, but just the fact that you are harassing helps with positioning. It's far more annoying when you have a support burning all their mana on damage and then not having CC available when it counts.
Huh? The second I see a hook blown I'm going to go in there and mess the enemy up.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol it's totes the opposite

if blitz or morg miss their super cc now the lane is yours for 10-20s. even when threshie misses his you can find yourself capable of punishing them

still no reason to be toxic but like if your support is blitzcrank or morgana and they're constantly missing their main spell they're losing you your lane bro

That's a man, baby
don't tell me who i'm attracted to

Without any context there is no way I'd realize that's leona.
what do u mean

she's a readhead

and she's got that parrot thing going on

it's not gonna be fucking twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom