• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
also that post quite unceremoniously announces that morg's is the victorious skin champion

fitting shit line skin for shit champion

garath

so normals will be flooded with ragers?

this sounds very dangerous

why not just temp ban those people

If they continue their poor behavior in normals it'll prevent their return to ranked at the very minimum. They get re-evaluated at the end of their mandatory normal games.

drawkcaB

Except bots have no real concept of harass. They don't react anywhere near what a real person does when harassed. They don't suddenly play smarter, or more defensive... no they either just keep hitting minions or they charge you like a dumbass taking even more damage.

Which has little to nothing to do with what I was talking about.

garath said:
Riot is now going to prevent chat restricted people from playing ranked. Good for them.

Fuck. Because weeding out variables when I'm evaluating my champion pool isn't difficult enough without an overabundance of shit-cocks.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
so normals will be flooded with ragers?

this sounds very dangerous

why not just temp ban those people

I'd rather have normals filled with ragers and trolls then ranked. Then again, a temp ban is probably the best solution.

Leezard

also that post quite unceremoniously announces that morg's is the victorious skin champion

fitting shit line skin for shit champion

Eh, victorious line is fine. Especially considering it's a free skin that is easy to get.

Also, ranked restrictions? Awesome.

Ocho

I feel removal from ranked has more impact than a temporal ban. This way, people will be forced to play without being complete assholes and hopefully bring that over to ranked. Good job Riot, perfect choice.

This paragraph:

Related to Ranked Restrictions, we've determined that Ranked Rewards should reward positive sportsmanship just as much as they reward great play, so the most negative players who are Ranked Restricted at the end of the season will be ineligible to earn ranked end of season rewards such as the loading screen borders or Victorious Morgana champion skin.

The tears are coming.

Also, whoever doubted victorious wasn't Morg? Best champion.

zkylon

zkylewd
i get the idea that "if you can't handle ranked pressure stay out" but tbh i find about the same amount of toxicity in ranked than normals and i play lots of normals so don't want most of my games to be filled with ranked rejects

i enjoy the idea of taking away ranked rewards from toxic people. feels like a victory for the good guys

I'd rather have normals filled with ragers and trolls then ranked. Then again, a temp ban is probably the best solution.
this shouldn't be a choice

if you're actively ruining games for other people you should get one or two warnings and then you're out

if after your temp ban you're back to your old habits then you're out forever

I feel removal from ranked has more impact than a temporal ban. This way, people will be forced to play without being complete assholes and hopefully bring that over to ranked. Good job Riot, perfect choice.

This paragraph:

The tears are coming.

Also, whoever doubted victorious wasn't Morg? Best champion.
i had no doubt but i really wish it wasnt morg.

zkylon

zkylewd
Who said there's only ragers in Ranked?

All you're getting they're getting is our share.

iGUHkKjwboMhv.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Normals won't be any less ragey than they already are

Don't forget these people can't exactly speak more than 5 times, anyways
yea i think it's worth a shot i'm just scared normals will become a dumping ground for toxic people

5 messages is more than enough to ruin a game as toxic jerks tend to set other people off

Man, I must be in perfect non-ragey ELO because I never run into ragers. Or, very, very, very occasionally only.
depends what you mean by ragers

usually people are just not helping by talking but they don't go on abusive rampages telling you to get aids. i encounter lots of people that go like "why" or "gg" 5 minutes in or "fucking top lane fed all game" or "why are you taking my cs" that i wouldn't necessarily say are major ragers but probably shouldn't be talking if they're gonna negatively contribute to our chances of winning

Fracas

#fuckonami
In my 4 or 5 ranked matches since I hit silver, I somehow haven't had a rager. Everyone was calm and admitted mistakes, and we worked as a team.

I feel like I'm pressing my luck every time I play though.

Bacon

In my 4 or 5 ranked matches since I hit silver, I somehow haven't had a rager. Everyone was calm and admitted mistakes, and we worked as a team.

I feel like I'm pressing my luck every time I play though.

The rage is strong in low silver, friend. Just you wait ;)

I find normals have more weird comps but it's not any more or less ragey than ranked.

ARAM/Dominion is pretty chill. No one cares if you feed and no one criticizes other builds. You might get some "gg" and "afk" if the other team is a poke comp against 5 bruisers, but the worst I've seen are people getting upset over health relics.

zkylon

zkylewd
we already had a picture of her face.
well the picture didn't say morgana and even if it was obvious you'd think rito would try and at least try and get some unveil hype or something

this is like shoved in the last part of an unrelated forum post that's like "oh btw if you're toxic you're not getting gold morgana skin"

Nev

Banned
So, people with chat restriction will not gain rewards? Does Riot realize the automated chat restriction system is even more stupid than the tribunal? People will report you for ANYTHING just because they know they can give you a chat restriction, even because they just don't like you?. Most streamers have restrictions because of this. I have 80 restriction games literally for trying to make ARAM more fun by saying non-offensive, clearly not serious stuff like "ez" and using emotes. Why do they even put /laugh /taunt and such in the fucking game then? Are they THAT stupid?

Jesus Christ this company.

Edwardo

So, people with chat restriction will not gain rewards? Does Riot realize the automated chat restriction system is even more stupid than the tribunal? People will report you for ANYTHING just because they know they can give you a chat restriction, even because they just don't like you?. Most streamers have restrictions because of this. I have 80 restriction games literally for trying to make ARAM more fun by saying non-offensive, clearly not serious stuff like "ez" and using emotes. Why do they even put /laugh /taunt and such in the fucking game then? Are they THAT stupid?

I always found it laughable that saying "easy" is a reportable offense.

There you go

Ah ya now I remember. I thought it was just a pic of elise again. Didn't really look into it, but ya that's def morg.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
well the picture didn't say morgana and even if it was obvious you'd think rito would try and at least try and get some unveil hype or something

this is like shoved in the last part of an unrelated forum post that's like "oh btw if you're toxic you're not getting gold morgana skin"

eh, it was the same type of reveal we got for elise.

Ocho

I guess the system can be abused. In LAN, people will verbal abuse report you even if you didn't say a single word. A friend kept getting reported by the other team because he kept recking them, without saying a single word throughout the game. However, I believe in Riot and that their system will be able to distinguish real reasons.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Even as a Dominion player, I sort of agree. I played it quite a bit, though, mostly because my queue time was 20 seconds instead of 20 minutes. At least I ended up with a 2:1 W:L ratio on Ascension.
Yeah, my main blight was that there was no minions. They were essential for certain champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bat ears
Emo bangs
Crying makeup

Who else was it gonna be, Trist?
they purposely withheld saying it was morg when they showed that picture so i figure they were planning on making a reveal/announcement thing

it's weird that they come out and say oh btw it was morg in an unrelated blog post

lol

Leezard

I encountered a strange Azir bug yesterday. Apparently you can somehow use Azir's passive on the fountain, which gives a permanent turret (the turret regens health due to the fountain), and makes it so you can't use his passive for the rest of the game.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I encountered a strange Azir bug yesterday. Apparently you can somehow use Azir's passive on the fountain, which gives a permanent turret (the turret regens health due to the fountain), and makes it so you can't use his passive for the rest of the game.
That means you can't put any more turrets, right? Thats bad.

drawkcaB

I had a bug using Azir's ult. Enemy champion got stuck in the wall and bounced along the length of the wall until he was properly pushed back once he got to the tip. This was against bots though so maybe that had something to do with it.

Kinda regretting that I bought Azir. He's actually really fun and right up my alley being a utility mage and all, but my initial impressions is that he requires a considerable commitment to play him well, which really isn't in the cards for me these days. Doesn't help that he is a buggy mess of a champion. AA animations for Azir disappear, Soldiers refuse to AA targets in range, the AA soldier range indicator itself is beyond stupid...

I don't understand why Riot doesn't dole out more refund tokens in light of the news that they don't know what rewards they should give players who buy RP.

Sofo

Kinda gotta agree that the "oh yeah not getting morg skin reward" is kinda anticlimactic.

By the way, how do I get my lolreplays to work? It's managing to record but somehow when trying to play them on the LoL client, it just stops working after the loading screen (with the champions and all). Anyone familiar with that?

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like allowing more players to regret their purchases as an incentive for spending lots of rp sends a weird message lol

generally i feel like expecting rewards for spending lots of rp is kind of weird. an icon or something like that would be nice but anything other than that is wishful thinking i guess. like exclusive skins or being able to buy new champions for 6300 on the 7800 week or something all feel pretty shit for regular players

something like a couple free mystery skin gifts would be nice tho

(i think rito could do like one refund token a year or something for everyone tho)

garath

i feel like allowing more players to regret their purchases as an incentive for spending lots of rp sends a weird message lol

generally i feel like expecting rewards for spending lots of rp is kind of weird. an icon or something like that would be nice but anything other than that is wishful thinking i guess. like exclusive skins or being able to buy new champions for 6300 on the 7800 week or something all feel pretty shit for regular players

something like a couple free mystery skin gifts would be nice tho

(i think rito could do like one refund token a year or something for everyone tho)

It's another hook. Companies do it all the time. Reward systems offer little incentives that keep people returning and spending money.

I could see for every $50 worth of rp spent over $100, offer $5 off the next purchase of $50 or more. Something along those lines. These people are already spending 2x the price of a normal video game.

pigeon

Banned
I always found it laughable that saying "easy" is a reportable offense.

Being a dick is a reportable offense, and it should be. It's not that hard to not be a dick, just don't chat anything. It's what will happen anyway when you get chat restricted.

Blizzard

Banned
why would he associate it with moonblade then?

that item is ridiculous.
No one ever buys atma's (except people who are mocked). No one ever bought moonflair spellblade either, until the point where Riot just plain deleted it from Summoner's Rift.

*edit* Speaking of bugs, I had a weird Nasus ult bug where I think the ult happened, but the icon looked like it was still off cooldown, and I couldn't use the ult anymore. My team later asked me why I didn't use my ult (I guess the circle on the left was green too). After dying and respawning I was able to use it again, though. My best guess is some odd interaction with Quinn vault and Nasus skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom