• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokn

Banned
you think thats bad?
hwOGZrg.png

brian!

would it be fun if I didn't like ffxiv
boken that sounds pretty fun and better than ffxiv where I pretended that I was the best spear-user in the land and killed a bee 24 times

bokn

Banned
I had to kill some things

would it be fun if I didn't like ffxiv
boken that sounds pretty fun and better than ffxiv where I pretended that I was the best spear-user in the land and killed a bee 24 times

yea but it wasnt a quest
i think the fella was trying to bring the boat to his house

Ferrio

Banned
you think thats bad?
hwOGZrg.png

No queues on my server. Also 600 person queue is nice compared to what it was.

Currently building my house, so much stone. Found a sweet spot where no one can build next to me... got away from the surburban sprawl.

Bacon

I got the attempting to reconnect icon for like 3 minutes straight and I just said fuck it and quit out... Didn't even try to reboot the game like I usually do.

Fuck this shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
ib0cUipFvXHc3T.png

first real azir game. got carried pretty hard by that yasuu but other than that laning was sort of ok and i was dealing pretty nice damage overall. he's so clunky tho and csing is so awful, even with the little soldier guys it's pretty "not-simple" to just clear a wave. at least coming from ori the previous game with like 320 cs at 35m this is pretty brutal.

he's fun tho, dunno if worth the trouble, maybe with a few qol buffs.

i dunno about this build, i was thinking of building tear but with blue buff i was pretty ok. without blue buff it hurt but i was thinking of maybe selling morellos and buying athenes when i have to get rid of the dorans.

The god is back:

And it hurts, I hate the new lore direction :(
yay lendokhar's back :)

bokn

Banned
No queues on my server. Also 600 person queue is nice compared to what it was.

Currently building my house, so much stone. Found a sweet spot where no one can build next to me... got away from the surburban sprawl.

which server is that? i hear oce ppl r on kyrios or ollos

pigeon

Banned
no like

as far as lore and canon is concern there's no explanation to what happens when you play the game or who you are.

I wish that they'd kept summoners and just said "Oh, yeah, summoners just make copies of heroes for their own twisted deathmatches. The champs don't actually hang out in the League, that obviously makes no sense."

I actually always thought that WAS the canon and was kind of disturbed to discover that Riot apparently always thought that Garen and Draven and Amumu and Vel'Koz were really all just hanging out together in the green room all the time until they got summoned. No wonder they wanted to change that.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol the vo on new darius is hilarious

fiddlesticks!.... spooky...

arrghhh!!! .... you suck...

i love it lol

I wish that they'd kept summoners and just said "Oh, yeah, summoners just make copies of heroes for their own twisted deathmatches. The champs don't actually hang out in the League, that obviously makes no sense."

I actually always thought that WAS the canon and was kind of disturbed to discover that Riot apparently always thought that Garen and Draven and Amumu and Vel'Koz were really all just hanging out together in the green room all the time until they got summoned. No wonder they wanted to change that.
yeah i mean they could've done that which i think is like the dota thing? but like who cares, really

like ever since they changed the lore thing we've gotten lots of cool lore stuff so i'd say it's def for the better

Azir should be tanky AP imho. My end-game build ends up with Sorc, Grail, Nashor, Rylai, Liandry and Abyssal/Zhonya. His damage is loaded into W. Nashor on-hit doesn't work with his soldiers, but the other stats are just way too good.

bokn

Banned
The reason Riot r divorcing themselves from summoners is so that the lore of the world isn't completely dependent on League of Legends

Dis allows them to create a more full world so that they can create their new MMO

Subtle

Champions from opposing factions wouldn't hang together. Canonically, the city states of Valoran would decide who's on their team. So a Demacian would have a team full of Demacian champions who wouldn't mingle with the opposing team. Overall I think the old lore was pretty flexible if they were willing to put in work, but I'm not complaining since we're getting actual story lines now. Well the Sion is just a retread but w/e

Edit: like every champion released to date has a decent fan reason for joining the league. For example, Yasuo would join for info and asylum. But riot just threw it aaaaall away

Edit: bokn a world with a disempowered and weak League leads to the same results while not breaking everything we had before.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pretty much, lore never directly translated to gameplay since Swain, Jarven, Darius, and Garen could all be on the same team. I miss summoners but I'm mostly okay with the recent developments since Riot can develop the surrounding world. I just wish we could get reason as to why these champions are in the rift fighting each other since the Institute of War no longer exists. Might as well just pull a street fighter and say there's another fighting tournament!!111.

Subtle

yea but not every1 has a reason to ever be in the league in the 1st plce

There's pretty grounded reasons for most champions whether it be influence, protection, fame, knowledge, or just because they have no where else to go without being a threat to others (Gnar).

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the soraka rework is gonna be pretty broken

she just got a shitload of cc

also sona, lulu and zilean are now the last standing members of the no-hard non ulti cc band :(

Ferrio

Banned
which server is that? i hear oce ppl r on kyrios or ollos

Celia or something?

Also I take back people building next to me. Logged in today to find some assholes to the left and right of me... one put a scarecrow right where my front door will be... fucking asses.

Ferrio

Banned
Pretty much, lore never directly translated to gameplay since Swain, Jarven, Darius, and Garen could all be on the same team. I miss summoners but I'm mostly okay with the recent developments since Riot can develop the surrounding world. I just wish we could get reason as to why these champions are in the rift fighting each other since the Institute of War no longer exists. Might as well just pull a street fighter and say there's another fighting tournament!!111.

To destroy the Ancients.

Blizzard

Banned
i feel like the soraka rework is gonna be pretty broken

she just got a shitload of cc

also sona, lulu and zilean are now the last standing members of the no-hard non ulti cc band :(
Lulu transform is hard CC I thought -- it makes you unable to do anything (can you even flash?) and interrupts channels.

Jeff-DSA

I can talk about my win streak because it just ended. 18 in a row. All ranked. I was terrified to say anything. So just to make sure I didn't get to 20, Riot gave me a constantly DC'ing support Sona and a Bronze Yasuo that locked him in after we already had a mid, so he went and fed top against a Gold Vladimir like crazy. We got demolished.

But maaaaan, I so wanted 20 straight. I've had 10 straight more than once. I've had 15 straight once before. Never 20. Probably never get so close again.

I can talk about my win streak because it just ended. 18 in a row. All ranked. I was terrified to say anything. So just to make sure I didn't get to 20, Riot gave me a constantly DC'ing support Sona and a Bronze Yasuo that locked him in after we already had a mid, so he went and fed top against a Gold Vladimir like crazy. We got demolished.

But maaaaan, I so wanted 20 straight. I've had 10 straight more than once. I've had 15 straight once before. Never 20. Probably never get so close again.
i once had the longest win streak in team objective halo.

287 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom