• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Lost a game where I was doing great top as Garen against Irelia. Never died once by my bot lane fed like crazyyyyyyyyyy. I didn't risk taking on their Lucian, but agreed to surrender even after getting a double kill when Talon, Irelia and Blitz invaded top haha.

zkylon

zkylewd
bought viktor. dunno if i'll play him since he doesn't seem to help much my roster but what i played of him pre-rework was fun and the q ms buff thingie is awesome (you're still gonna evolve e first 100% of the times tho)

i don't know what to build the dude tho

i'm thinking like athenes or dfg into evolved e, then situational. prolly not evolve things past e for most of the game, it didn't seem to give enough stats or damage to be worth it.

So riot just fixed Sona's Q...
yeah the lower range was driving me nuts

range is one of those things that sticks in your brain and change takes a lot getting used to

happy they fixed it, it's not a small buff

Ocho

How does our jungler, who is in Gold die trying to solo dragon? How does she constantly feed? How does our Janna not buy a single ward and end up buying Thornmail and still be in Gold?

These had to be purchased/boosted accounts, right? The two Gold players were easily the two worst on our team.

k0pUn2p.png

Maybe I want to go back to low Silver. People seem smarter there.

Not buying wards is inexcusable, but I build something like that when I'm up against an AD only team (although thornmail is usually my last item). Considering she also has Magic Resist, she was lost as ducks.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Come on! Defeat the world boss by releasing Ult Skills Dynamically!

Good thing now we have their address in Google Play!

drawkcaB

It only lasts for a second and only for as long as you sit on it. If she hits you at the edge of the AoE and you walk out, you can cast spells again.

Yep. I've watched Impakt stream a few Soraka games and it's not particularly dangerous on its own during laning phase. I think she needs an ADC who can apply a decent movement CC because combo'ing it with Soraka's new Starcall is iffy - seems to be more up to the opponent positioning poorly more than anything else when Soraka manages to land the snare on her own. I'd love to run new Soraka with Ashe, seems like a strong pairing.

Zkylon said:
happy they fixed it, it's not a small buff

Certainly will be noticeable. I actually did appreciate the short time with the bug though because it made the cast range of Q about the same as her AAs so it gave me a good feel of when I'm in range to AA-Q-(powerchord)AA. But yeah, many a bot laner escaped by clutches because Q would was slightly out of range.

bought viktor. dunno if i'll play him since he doesn't seem to help much my roster but what i played of him pre-rework was fun and the q ms buff thingie is awesome (you're still gonna evolve e first 100% of the times tho)

I'll defer to Achtius and whatever the good Viktor's end up doing, but I wouldn't be surprised if evolving Q or E (or leveling order for that matter) is match-up dependent.

I really need to finish my support marathon so I can finally try to sort my mid picks again.

Jeff-DSA

Come on! Defeat the world boss by releasing Ult Skills Dynamically!

Good thing now we have their address in Google Play!

I'll do it for great justice.

Tried out Zyra tonight. Oh, my. She can be mean. I'm excited to learn her well and start messing teams up.

Edit: Zyra tips are currently being accepted and appreciated.

zkylon

zkylewd
Certainly will be noticeable. I actually did appreciate the short time with the bug though because it made the cast range of Q about the same as her AAs so it gave me a good feel of when I'm in range to AA-Q-(powerchord)AA. But yeah, many a bot laner escaped by clutches because Q would was slightly out of range.
i hated it, it always felt wrong in my head but felt like maybe i was just rusty with sona

I'll defer to Achtius and whatever the good Viktor's end up doing, but I wouldn't be surprised if evolving Q or E (or leveling order for that matter) is match-up dependent.
i dunno, i don't see a mid laner ever choosing anything over 40% more damage

we just like shiny things too much

The lazers obviously. Lux has a far wider range than viktor and can bully him indefinitely in lane.

no one beats lux in lasers

no one

What do you mean? If you troll and lose, you will still get demoted, and/or kicked out of ranked and rewards if you get chat-restricted.
afaik if you lose games and your elo goes to shit you can still fall to silver/brozne

your lp doesn't decay, that's all that's changed

Fracas

#fuckonami
I only played Viktor a couple times on the PBE and am mixed overall. He offers much more utility now but the laser nerf hurts him.

At full build + lich bane tho, his Q alone does a ton of damage.

drawkcaB

I'll do it for great justice.

Tried out Zyra tonight. Oh, my. She can be mean. I'm excited to learn her well and start messing teams up.

Edit: Zyra tips are currently being accepted and appreciated.

I saw you trying her out last night but for some reason I couldn't spectate the match. Was gonna offer you some tips at that time.

Skill order can vary, but I prefer to start E. Against certain match-ups you can be a lil' shit and start W and W-E-W on an early level 2 against low-mobility ADCs to 99% guarantee an early flash. Starting Q is fine too. Get a point in all three skills first at then you max Q, but you can max E as well when the opposing duo have low mobility and your own ADC benefits greatly from the improved snare duration and easier time landing the knock-up on Zyra's ult.

First things to get a handle on with Zyra IMO is her seeds. Q or E then plant the seed. Both Q and E have decent cast time while W is instant. This let's you confirm hits on Q and E so that the W seed won't be wasted. Also doesn't give your opponents a chance to crush your seed or give them advanced notice of your intent to attack. Zyra's plants will auto-attack the nearest champion on sprouting, and then will attack whoever Zyra AAs. Be very mindful of that. If you put E-W to get the slow plant and you then AA a champion out of that plants range, it`ll just attack random shit. Also, don't ignore that your plants can act as mini wards in a pinch- particularly useful in the lane bushes to set traps.

Her ult is better as a mid-fight disrupt or disengage than as an engage tool. Try to hold onto it after the engagement has occurred and you can nail several targets.

General core build is FQC, Sightstone, Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise.

Zyra really isn`t a particularly nuanced champion. Just keep it simple and you`ll develop your own style and strategies as you go along.

i hated it, it always felt wrong in my head but felt like maybe i was just rusty with sona

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll take the buff!

i dunno, i don't see a mid laner ever choosing anything over 40% more damage

we just like shiny things too much

I suspect that's true for most match-ups particularly mid where wave clear is just so critical, but it doesn't seem particularly hard to avoid evolved E's explosions. I can see some good use cases for evolved Q in top lane (where I think Viktor can do a good job, maybe not competitively viable, but he's certainly capable of being there).

Hell, pretty sure that now that his kit is more well-rounded and cohesive playing him as an off-support in the bot lane (like Veigar or Brand) is perfectly doable for shits and giggles.

Jeff-DSA

I saw you trying her out last night but for some reason I couldn't spectate the match. Was gonna offer you some tips at that time.

Skill order can vary, but I prefer to start E. Against certain match-ups you can be a lil' shit and start W and W-E-W on an early level 2 against low-mobility ADCs to 99% guarantee an early flash. Starting Q is fine too. Get a point in all three skills first at then you max Q, but you can max E as well when the opposing duo have low mobility and your own ADC benefits greatly from the improved snare duration and easier time landing the knock-up on Zyra's ult.

First things to get a handle on with Zyra IMO is her seeds. Q or E then plant the seed. Both Q and E have decent cast time while W is instant. This let's you confirm hits on Q and E so that the W seed won't be wasted. Also doesn't give your opponents a chance to crush your seed or give them advanced notice of your intent to attack. Zyra's plants will auto-attack the nearest champion on sprouting, and then will attack whoever Zyra AAs. Be very mindful of that. If you put E-W to get the slow plant and you then AA a champion out of that plants range, it`ll just attack random shit. Also, don't ignore that your plants can act as mini wards in a pinch- particularly useful in the lane bushes to set traps.

Her ult is better as a mid-fight disrupt or disengage than as an engage tool. Try to hold onto it after the engagement has occurred and you can nail several targets.

General core build is FQC, Sightstone, Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise.

Thanks, man!

By the end I caught onto the whole idea of casting the seeds after the Q and E. That definitely upped my rate. I built FQC, Sorc's, Haunting Guise, Morellonomicon, and Rylai's for my items. Seems I was in the right area, but may need to tweak.

I can already see really big play potential with her. You can get so much mileage out of her snare with those seeds. I ran her with ignite, but I'll probably do exhaust in most cases. I didn't think about using her seeds to check bushes or for vision, that's a really nice tip.

Also, I had no idea what to do with skill order, so I kind of spread the points around evenly with E being the last to max. I like your start E suggestion. I started Q, so I'll try your skill order tonight.

Lost a game where I was doing great top as Garen against Irelia. Never died once by my bot lane fed like crazyyyyyyyyyy. I didn't risk taking on their Lucian, but agreed to surrender even after getting a double kill when Talon, Irelia and Blitz invaded top haha.

Garen beats Irelia top. Q to remove the slow, avoid her when her W is up, and you can out sustain her with your passive (she also burns mana fast if she's aggressive). But yeah, Lucian will kite you all day.

drawkcaB

Thanks, man!

By the end I caught onto the whole idea of casting the seeds after the Q and E. That definitely upped my rate. I built FQC, Sorc's, Haunting Guise, Morellonomicon, and Rylai's for my items. Seems I was in the right area, but may need to tweak.

I can already see really big play potential with her. You can get so much mileage out of her snare with those seeds. I ran her with ignite, but I'll probably do exhaust in most cases. I didn't think about using her seeds to check bushes or for vision, that's a really nice tip.

Also, I had no idea what to do with skill order, so I kind of spread the points around evenly with E being the last to max. I like your start E suggestion. I started Q, so I'll try your skill order tonight.

Running Ignite is perfectly fine, generally preferred in lane. Again, Zyra isn't really nuanced. It's largely a kill lane, play and build accordingly. Pick exhaust if you happen to see a snowballing champ on their side and you think there's a good chance they'll do exactly that because of the match-up.

Viktor is amazing. I adore his rework. I loved Viktor before, but he's even better now.

His new Q feels amazing, ult is even more awesome with the increased speed and the W vacuum is cool.

I've been enjoying the Q augment first. The low cooldown combined with the movement speed makes everything so slick.

zkylon

zkylewd
I suspect that's true for most match-ups particularly mid where wave clear is just so critical, but it doesn't seem particularly hard to avoid evolved E's explosions. I can see some good use cases for evolved Q in top lane (where I think Viktor can do a good job, maybe not competitively viable, but he's certainly capable of being there).

Hell, pretty sure that now that his kit is more well-rounded and cohesive playing him as an off-support in the bot lane (like Veigar or Brand) is perfectly doable for shits and giggles.
the way i see it even if it's unrealiable it's at the very worst a huge boost to his waveclear and you know the dude comes with a slow+stun so if you get the slow off you're prolly gonna get the double e proc. so not a huge buff to his poke but it's improving his burst and his zoning

that's the way i see it as a mid laner, waveclear + zoning/burst vs a conditional ms buff. decision between q and w second is kind of interesting but tbh i dunno at what poin tof the game is it that you upgrade it again

JesseZao

Anyone else have the Rumble in the Jungle Skin? I've noticed in the last couple of weeks it's been bugged. It always looks like I'm overheating/sparking. Anyone else notice this? Rito pls.

Einbroch

Banned
New Soraka feels weird. Her heal is absolutely insane. They wanted to make the best healer, they made it. Holy cow. Her passive is also really cool, but it falls off very easy. I think it would be better if it lasted even 0.5 seconds after the target was healed.

Her E may be good, but it feels super clunky. Since it doesn't slow or anything it's almost impossible to get the root. Again, this could just need practice, but it's very hard to land the root. Her Starcall is also interesting. It's not like Nami. If you use it right next to you it's basically instant. Far away? Has a delay on when it lands.

Need to play her more to really make a concrete opinion, but she kind of feels like a mess. I like the idea of heal to starcall to starcall to heal, but I don't know if it's implemented the best.

Ferrio

Banned
yea that's why that rito message of "players that have negative attitude lose 68% or something more games". well no shit rito who has a negative attitude when winning

I've seen it. Winning game, our Jax all of a sudden has a hissy fit and decides to afk at fountain and taunt us for the rest of the game.

Newt

Sometimes when in GAF games that we're winning too hard, we purposely baron throw. Usually we search in 4, so I feel bad for the poor souls that get matched with us.

zkylon

zkylewd
New Soraka feels weird. Her heal is absolutely insane. They wanted to make the best healer, they made it. Holy cow. Her passive is also really cool, but it falls off very easy. I think it would be better if it lasted even 0.5 seconds after the target was healed.

Her E may be good, but it feels super clunky. Since it doesn't slow or anything it's almost impossible to get the root. Again, this could just need practice, but it's very hard to land the root. Her Starcall is also interesting. It's not like Nami. If you use it right next to you it's basically instant. Far away? Has a delay on when it lands.

Need to play her more to really make a concrete opinion, but she kind of feels like a mess. I like the idea of heal to starcall to starcall to heal, but I don't know if it's implemented the best.

i think the idea is prolly to e on someone and then instantly q to slow them inside the root thingie

Did two gifts, Super Galaxy Rumble and then Hazmat Heimer.

Wurf.

you lucky bitch

I've seen it. Winning game, our Jax all of a sudden has a hissy fit and decides to afk at fountain and taunt us for the rest of the game.
well u know there's always SOMEONE but like usually ppl don't start fighting each other until someone makes a mistake

outside of champion select at least

Bacon

Soraka's rework reminds me of the time when she was played mid for a couple patches this season.

What a horrible time that was.

Bacon

well now in lane her passive and w will be useless so i think lane soraka is pretty much dead

i hope

I haven't seen her lane in a while now anyway but there were a couple patches there when she was a legitimate pick mid lane and even top.

Enemy gets close? Press q.

Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom