• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

That Ranked matchmaking tho.

qsVy8tX.png

Yikes.

Tizoc

I need to start roaming the map when I'm Swain and the mid champ isn't around, this is one thing I've not been doing since I started using him.
...but damn does he need a VU, etc. hope they get around to him after Victor.

A lot of people go cdr glyphs. I usually just go vanilla ap caster - hybrid pen marks, ap quints, armor seals and scaling mr glyphs. Mostly because I'm too poor for more runes though.

Guess I'll go for that, although I'm down to like 1000ish IP, so will see what I can get in a few days :p

Newt

I remember Achtius and I had a 26 game winstreak at one point. It got me from Gold II to Plat I and him from Gold III to Plat II.

Of course at that time, Sivir was the best ADC in the game and Annie was the best support.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh man, Kha'zix is fucking awesome. Gonna keep playing him for awhile.

I max W-Q-E right? I've been evolving W then E then Q last.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, guys. I have a major announcement. I just had a Vayne on my team that carried and wasn't toxic. I'm not making it up. I got her going early with some ganks and then it got nasty fairly quickly.

Fiora is so fun in the jungle. Not the best at the role, but man, if you get her rolling she's a monster.

sleepykyo

Pretty much, lore never directly translated to gameplay since Swain, Jarven, Darius, and Garen could all be on the same team. I miss summoners but I'm mostly okay with the recent developments since Riot can develop the surrounding world. I just wish we could get reason as to why these champions are in the rift fighting each other since the Institute of War no longer exists. Might as well just pull a street fighter and say there's another fighting tournament!!111.

Wasn't that the whole point of the recent reboot? For all anyone knows, the champions haven't fought each other in the rift. That being said I'd like to see the gameplay still have some relation to the story like it did in the L5R card game, where future iterations of the card and the storyline reflected major tourneys/player votes. Like, the emperor of Shurima depends on which champions do well. Granted, under the currrent meta, looks like Xerath defeats Azir.

idlewild_

peeps be straight trolling in ranked tonight, lol

had a 5 melee game (wukong adc,) a game with jayce jungle, and now a game with blitz mid and vi top. fun times on the rift

edit: apparently an ap j4 in the jungle too

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
peeps be straight trolling in ranked tonight, lol

had a 5 melee game (wukong adc,) a game with jayce jungle, and now a game with blitz mid and vi top. fun times on the rift

edit: apparently an ap j4 in the jungle too
Great, the non lp decay planned backfired.
There goes the dream...

drawkcaB

Not for long. W is already in Riot's sights. Welcome the change, I hear it's good.

Who the hell buys Infinity Edge on Darius? Seems like a waste in an otherwise great VO set.

zkylon said:
i feel like the soraka rework is gonna be pretty broken

The kit in general looks quite strong, I'm having trouble figuring out how the specific numbers pan out though. I didn't have any prior intentions of doing so, but I think I'll try out new Soraka at some point in the near future. Playing as and against old Soraka left a bad taste in my mouth.

Subtle

Guys, guys. I have a major announcement. I just had a Vayne on my team that carried and wasn't toxic. I'm not making it up. I got her going early with some ganks and then it got nasty fairly quickly.

Fiora is so fun in the jungle. Not the best at the role, but man, if you get her rolling she's a monster.

The news here is that the team with Vayne and Fiora jungle didn't lose!

Ferga

Oh man, Kha'zix is fucking awesome. Gonna keep playing him for awhile.

Don't level E second.

Only reason to ever level up E is to shorten its cooldown but it works as a reset so there's no point

Sofo

4 pages and nobody mentioning Tristana, we're progressing guys!

That Leblanc skin looks so good ._. I'd say it's her best to date. Zky, help.

pigeon

Banned
I'm pretty excited about newraka. I'm not quite sure what to build on her yet. Coin, Zhonya's, Mercs are inevitable. Vesh suggested Frozen Heart but I don't see that. He also said GA which is a little better. Pretty sure Spirit Visage is a net minus for her. It's also unfortunate that building a Sightstone will make Soraka's heal more expensive.

Her E is actually kind of huge, and now does damage. I feel like that's going to be really quite strong in teamfights, especially near objectives.

Should be pretty interesting!

Jeff-DSA

How does our jungler, who is in Gold die trying to solo dragon? How does she constantly feed? How does our Janna not buy a single ward and end up buying Thornmail and still be in Gold?

These had to be purchased/boosted accounts, right? The two Gold players were easily the two worst on our team.

k0pUn2p.png

Maybe I want to go back to low Silver. People seem smarter there.

pigeon

Banned
How does our jungler, who is in Gold die trying to solo dragon? How does she constantly feed? How does our Janna not buy a single ward and end up buying Thornmail and still be in Gold?

These had to be purchased/boosted accounts, right? The two Gold players were easily the two worst on our team.

k0pUn2p.png

Maybe I want to go back to low Silver. People seem smarter there.

I like that at least that Janna wasn't fucking around. She didn't build a little tank, she built full tank, fuck the meta.

Tizoc

I am now hype for the new Garen changes
Passive - Perseverance
YOUR PUNY WEAPONS ARE USELESS Perseverance is no longer removed by non-epic monsters at level 11 and above
HEALTH REGENERATION 0.4% maximum health per second at all levels ⇒0.4% / 0.8% / 2.0% maximum health per second at levels 1/11/16
COOLDOWN 9 seconds at all levels ⇒ 9/6/4 seconds at levels 1/11/16

Aren't Golem and Elder Lizard Epic Monsters though?

Reading up on Soraka's changes (at work so i can't watch videos or various websites) what happens if you use her heal on herself, or is that no longer possible?

W: Astral Infusion
Passive: Soraka heals herself whenever she hits an enemy champion with Starcall.
Active: Soraka sacrifices her own health to heal a nearby ally.

New Viktor is intriguing, his Q gives him the shield when you cast it it seems, as opposed to say Kassadin's projectile.

Not for long. W is already in Riot's sights. Welcome the change, I hear it's good.

Who the hell buys Infinity Edge on Darius? Seems like a waste in an otherwise great VO set.

Do his 3 offensive abilities even Crit hit? I mean yeah the damage and crit chance is nice, but I too don't see any benefit from it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Golem =/= Ancient Golem. Only Dragon and Baron are classified as epic monsters.

Leezard

Do you recommend any particular streamers? And yeah...I got forced into playing Vel support when someone else saw I wasn't ranked after the game started, and stubbornly took over mid to all my teams protest. To make it easy, I said screw it and went support. It went better than expected, and I kinda liked it.
I just wanted to chime in and say that support vel'koz is legit, don't listen to those who say otherwise. There is definitely some skill cap involved in playing that well.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like lebonk buffs, as someone that really enjoyed playing her while everyone was banning her and hating her i gotta say i'm happy they went and buffed her juking which is the most fun part about her kit

like they say in the rundown thingie, buffing her in this direction will make her a more unique champion among her assassin peers, so like zed's a splitpusher, ahri's a mage/assassin hybrid and lebonk will be jukemaster.

she'll prolly need a bit more help tho

Lulu transform is hard CC I thought -- it makes you unable to do anything (can you even flash?) and interrupts channels.
Polymorph?
yea i wasn't sure if that counts since it's kind of a weird silence thing but sure if you think it's only sona and zilean it's even more interesting

i mean i guess what's interesting is not so much that they're the only ones without hard cc but that all the supports they've added since i started playing had so much of it, specially with morg and zyra and annie suddenly turning support and stuff

The kit in general looks quite strong, I'm having trouble figuring out how the specific numbers pan out though. I didn't have any prior intentions of doing so, but I think I'll try out new Soraka at some point in the near future. Playing as and against old Soraka left a bad taste in my mouth.
i don't get why riot gave her an instant ranged aoe silence->root

that sounds super frustrating to play against

Leezard

i like lebonk buffs, as someone that really enjoyed playing her while everyone was banning her and hating her i gotta say i'm happy they went and buffed her juking which is the most fun part about her kit

like they say in the rundown thingie, buffing her in this direction will make her a more unique champion among her assassin peers, so like zed's a splitpusher, ahri's a mage/assassin hybrid and lebonk will be jukemaster.

she'll prolly need a bit more help tho

yea i wasn't sure if that counts since it's kind of a weird silence thing but sure if you think it's only sona and zilean it's even more interesting

i mean i guess what's interesting is not so much that they're the only ones without hard cc but that all the supports they've added since i started playing had so much of it, specially with morg and zyra and annie suddenly turning support and stuff

i don't get why riot gave her an instant ranged aoe silence->root

that sounds super frustrating to play against

You can at least walk out of it. It's no longer countered by Braum and Yasuo!

I haven't played her yet so I dunno how it works in practice, but anything is better than the old passive heal bot Soraka. That was boring to play and to play against.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea just impressions from reading the kit, might be balanced but i don't like how it sounds. i bet it has like a 20-15s base cd or something

and you're right on the other stuff, old raka was all around awful boring

yea just impressions from reading the kit, might be balanced but i don't like how it sounds. i bet it has like a 20-15s base cd or something
It only lasts for a second and only for as long as you sit on it. If she hits you at the edge of the AoE and you walk out, you can cast spells again.

Rosenskjold

Someone teach me how you deal with solo ranked, it's just so unbearable xD

1st game our ashe decided to stand in front of the team all the time, so she get's stunlocked and has no escape .....

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1708533734/29056505

2nd game other team's adc has dc, so we get ahead and win even though it's almost thrown

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1708539100/29056505

3rd game ...... I pick riven top and yi is picked for jgl. Follow up composition: Akali/Lux and caitlyn. Neither akali or lux can decide who goes where, so we end up with no exhaust :/

At blue buff I say like "care for ww's ult since we have no tanks", and yi asks "What is WW's ult???" .....? ....? -__-

So yeah, yi trolls entire game and we end up losing it.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1708557388/29056505

---
How do you enjoy it, honestly?

I find most players aren't toxic if they get fed and are winning. However I had this Rengar one game who got sooooo pissed at us for not pushing mid. It was like 25-3 with us dominating. Never seen a guy on the winning team get so angry. Wasn't even ranked...

zkylon

zkylewd
It only lasts for a second and only for as long as you sit on it. If she hits you at the edge of the AoE and you walk out, you can cast spells again.
i dunno i see it possibly as a pretty annoying thing specially coupled with her slow and hard cc from some other champion like jinx or ashe or a jungle gank.

I find most players aren't toxic if they get fed and are winning.

yea that's why that rito message of "players that have negative attitude lose 68% or something more games". well no shit rito who has a negative attitude when winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom