• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

irelia doesnt even get a hit in

because he's so mobile that is why
this guy
im so happy
im so happy he has proven that lucian is the best
it's like no one can touch lucian now
like that video dreams visions posted isn't a school play about some worms crawling around after it rains

thank you EUpsiheya
jYvJiKO.png

V_Arnold

irelia doesnt even get a hit in

because he's so mobile that is why
this guy
im so happy
im so happy he has proven that lucian is the best
it's like no one can touch lucian now
like that video dreams visions posted isn't a school play about some worms crawling around after it rains

If you post regularly like this, I have a feeling I will enjoy being a LOL-Gaffer in the next few months (years? :D) Keep it up! (Seriously! :D)

Leezard

Just let the changes linger for a while, and then we'll judge how good he is. I must say that my initial impressions are positive. His Q hits like a truck and wave clears well, at least.

brian!

ok for real post about lucian and new champs or reworks

please don't jump to conclusions, especially when viewing videos that have a snowballed champ with about 2700 extra gold barely surviving against a team that is reluctant to even touch him or show that they have any idea of what they want to do in a given situation

lucian on paper is getting a nerf against players that know what they are doing
it remains to be seen whether the compensation given to him is good enough for that nerf or whether the compensation is relevant at all against people who know what they are doing
and lucian's playstyle, build, and spikes have changed, so u know how ppl were playing with/against lucian all the time, but now they are playing against this guy and he's kind of different?

his e is the same as vayne tumble; it has more range, but both are dependent on landing autos

you dont tumble into people with vayne

you dont give reddit threads titles like "x clearly..." because it lures out the worst kind of thinking

expect a letter riot

Leezard

It really just comes down to how common his ideal situation actually happens, basically. Too early to make any real calls.

It is indeed too early to properly judge his strength.
The emerging build gives an early 40% cdr and maxes E second for 2 seconds cd on E after E-auto. After this, he really doesn't need the E-a-Q-a-E combo, so the "ideal situation" is a moot point after that. In lane, from experience fights look more like E-auto-(QWauto)-E-auto, and it seems to suffice.
I think this build might make him weak when behind.

Brian is right on that the counterplay for new Lucian hasn't emerged yet, and it is way too early to jump to conclusions.

brian!

in any situation lucian needs to land autos to get cdr on his e

like theoretically, if he wants to use the buffs to his kit, he has to get in range to die
i dunno if the reset to e will give his combo enough speed to be able to do this relatively safely

but in general this is a nerf to his mid/late where you can get blown up as an ad, and any smart bot lane doesn't die in a 2v2
he also doesn't get the levels onto his e until around 12-13

but i mean if lucian is the kind of champ who can rotate all of his spells safely in a scenario where he has to dash in, which I don't really see, sure he could be really strong

fuk it, any ad that has to blow their mobility spell to go in, in a situation where they aren't finishing off priority targets, is fukkin wack

Edwardo

I've been playing Lucian in team builder, but all i'm facing are other Lucians. :(

Except for that one Twitch, but he wasn't very good. Tbh, I like all the dashes.

scy

It is indeed too early to properly judge his strength.
The emerging build gives an early 40% cdr and maxes E second for 2 seconds cd on E after E-auto. After this, he really doesn't need the E-a-Q-a-E combo, so the "ideal situation" is a moot point after that. In lane, from experience fights look more like E-auto-(QWauto)-E-auto, and it seems to suffice.
I think this build might make him weak when behind.

While the rotation itself becomes less relevant, it's still a "dash in, do something" thing. Come late game, this is really just a lot of extra risk for him without really adding much. A lot of the kit now becomes a question of how fast can he reset his E. Given the ability to do it fast enough, however, he'll be pretty scary in general just since it allows him to zone so well. But if it doesn't work out ...

More of a late game concern, really, as this style becomes riskier and riskier as time goes by.

Brian is right on that the counterplay for new Lucian hasn't emerged yet, and it is way too early to jump to conclusions.

This, basically. Just too early to tell with people snowballing ahead or playing against people misplaying or whatever other various scenarios that exist.

don't worry costy next champion is a top laner!

secretly will be jungler

Leezard

While the rotation itself becomes less relevant, it's still a "dash in, do something" thing. Come late game, this is really just a lot of extra risk for him without really adding much. A lot of the kit now becomes a question of how fast can he reset his E. Given the ability to do it fast enough, however, he'll be pretty scary in general just since it allows him to zone so well. But if it doesn't work out ...

More of a late game concern, really, as this style becomes riskier and riskier as time goes by.

This, basically. Just too early to tell with people snowballing ahead or playing against people misplaying or whatever other various scenarios that exist.
Yup, I can see his midgame in general being stronger, while late the range nerf will be felt as range is extremely important late game.

Jeff-DSA

Lucian looks like a male Vayne with all those dashes. He's probably going to be crazy deadly in a great player's hands and a mess with a lesser skilled player. I might be ok with that. No more freelo, but just an absolute monster for those that can push up against his skill cap.

brian!

also all the "good" ads right now bring the pain late-mid/late game and have unforgivable range
let it be known tho that you don't have to play the strongest shit to have success, the game is not as out of wack as comp. play would have you believe, it's just that a lot of solo/general play is heavily influenced by comp. play, which plays under different conditions than 99% of league of legends games

let it be known that lucian's power was his ability to be da bomb at all times
and that unless the changes increase his effective range up to or past 550 it's a fukkin nerf because he will not be da bomb once he has to stand close to someone and use a bunch of spells that require him to stand still so he can get out of range again

zkylon

zkylewd
if he's too strong he'll get nerfed, that's kind of the whole point of this thing

obviously after like 8 hours it's too fucking early to tell but the point of this whole thing was nerfing lucy, not leaving him as he was, so i bet this is just early crazyness talking

at a quick glimpse he looks more enjoyable to play tho, i always felt he wasn't snappy enough for me so this might be enough to get me to give him a serious try

also if damage is ok i can see him half-working top lane or maybe even mid. 500 isn't really forgiving for mid but i bet he might get pretty cray with levels

secretly will be jungler
for every champion out there there's at least one insane jungler trying to make her work

i guess i shouldn't complain since midlane is always trying to get like the shittiest champions ever like sion and soraka and alistar to work :p

Jeff-DSA

If the nerf is too heavy handed, maybe his dash could be augmented to a teleport where he can't get targeted during the dash. That would allow him to walk in and dash out if the trade isn't going well, sort of like Katarina's Shunpo.

Moodmon

Neo Member
If the nerf is too heavy handed, maybe his dash could be augmented to a teleport where he can't get targeted during the dash. That would allow him to walk in and dash out if the trade isn't going well, sort of like Katarina's Shunpo.

You want to give an adc an ability to avoid any and all cc that can be reduced to a super low cooldown with a burst combo? I would say I hope Riot don't read this thread, but we already have that one guy.

Einbroch

Banned
I sort of like the idea, but what I think would be awesome for Riot to do is a weekly "state of the game".

Have some interviews with people about upcoming features, recent changes, vision for the future, and so on. WildStar does this excellent livestream called the "Nexus Report" where they spend about 10 minutes on recent patch notes or changes, 10 on upcoming stuff, 10 on an interview with someone from the staff, and then wrap it up with fan art, poems, and just general fan submitted creations with a Q&A. It's compact, funny, and informative.

League could totally do that, especially since they seem to have that lounge area set up.

Jeff-DSA

You want to give an adc an ability to avoid any and all cc that can be reduced to a super low cooldown with a burst combo? I would say I hope Riot don't read this thread, but we already have that one guy.

It wouldn't be as big of a change as you're thinking. He's already hard to hit while dashing, but this is only something to consider if he falls off hard because of the range nerf. If there's no hard fall, don't do it. It would be better than giving his range back and putting right back where he was.

zkylon

zkylewd
statikk is a cool guy, i liked him

tbh kind of a boring patch to kick things off but series will be welcome

i still want morello in there just cos he's morello

also phreak probably a better host as everyone loves him already plus his serious mode is really good

zkylon

zkylewd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom