• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
the ratio buff is more than double, so basically at like 150 ap you'll be dealing more damage than before and that's not much

with like 500 ap you'll be dealing like 150 more damage at level 16 so it's not a big buff or anything, specially if you fall behind or something

The Vel'koz changes won't really do too much. Until they buff his other ratios so that he can actually scale throughout the game, he'll remain this incredibly squishy glass cannon that needs to land literally everything so that he can actually hurt people.

the ratio buff is more than double, so basically at like 150 ap you'll be dealing more damage than before and that's not much

with like 500 ap you'll be dealing like 150 more damage at level 16 so it's not a big buff or anything, specially if you fall behind or something

nah, at 220 AP at level 6 it evens out.

330 at level 16.

It makes early game Vel'Koz worse but late game Vel'Koz better.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah, at 220 AP at level 6 it evens out.

330 at level 16.

It makes early game Vel'Koz worse but late game Vel'Koz better.

i might be doing the math wrong but i think it's 180/225/270 ap (lvl 6/11/16)

basically you gotta make a 200/250/300 base damage nerf in that 0.9 ap difference which is where i get 180/225/270 ap

i'm not great at this stuff so i might be thinking it wrong

a 25% nerf on his ult slow is kinda big so i guess it'll even out in like actual damage you deal with people more easily running away from your laser?

scy

Damage to be made up (200, 250, 300) divided by the ratio change (0.9 in all three cases) for finding the point they even out. Basically, ~222, ~278, ~333.

zkylon

zkylewd
Damage to be made up (200, 250, 300) divided by the ratio change (0.9 in all three cases) for finding the point they even out. Basically, ~222, ~278, ~333.

yea i did 200 * 0.9 instead of 200 / 0.9, idea was there but that's why you shouldn't math and bugfix at the same time

That is a big fat Vel'Koz nerf. Seems unnecessary since he was already relatively weak.

it's not really a nerf, more a redistribution of power. One of Vel'Koz' issues is that he doesn't scale super well into the late game because of low ratios. He makes up for that somewhat with high base damages and a lot of true damage in his passive. I guess Riot just wanted to add better scaling to one of his abilities (his biggest impact one) so he had a little more late game power.

I don't think it'll make him a super viable champion, but we'll see!

zkylon

zkylewd
i think velkoz's ok, he just needs the right meta

like he's got pretty surprising amounts of damage at early levels and good lane presence and he can push pretty easy

some people play him really well mid already, i've played against a couple really good velkoz players that were pretty cray

lee sin nerfs will help him more than ult buffs

Moodmon

Neo Member
So after my busy schedule of wanting to play League, falling asleep then only playing the one match before bed, I decided to try out new Lucian. I'm with Thresh, and against an Ashe/Nami lane.

One threshing later and despite a late throw we win, relatively comfortably. I built him as I have been doing recently (IE rush) and he's still good. The Q minion damage buff is ridiculous when you have a few items. You can pretty much one shot a minion line, even more than before.

The extra dashes feel nice but keep forgetting they are there and mana free, might need a few games to get used to them. Maybe at higher levels the range is more of a problem, and you might poke holes in my highly scientific measure of one game.

On the other hand I'm technically a scientist of some sort, so by the power of science I give Lucian one of the highest honours you can give to a newly tweaked champ. A big blue Grover.

i6JtoRvB9szks.jpg

pigeon

Banned
it's not really a nerf, more a redistribution of power. One of Vel'Koz' issues is that he doesn't scale super well into the late game because of low ratios. He makes up for that somewhat with high base damages and a lot of true damage in his passive. I guess Riot just wanted to add better scaling to one of his abilities (his biggest impact one) so he had a little more late game power.

I don't think it'll make him a super viable champion, but we'll see!

I don't see this being better scaling into late game, though. At level 18, he needs to build 333 ability power just to break even with his current damage. That's a Deathcap and 136 more AP. Meanwhile, old Vel'koz was building spell penetration with the gold you now need to use to get back to his previous power level.

I don't see this being better scaling into late game, though. At level 18, he needs to build 333 ability power just to break even with his current damage. That's a Deathcap and 136 more AP. Meanwhile, old Vel'koz was building spell penetration with the gold you now need to use to get back to his previous power level.

136 AP is nothing considering you get 80 from Void Staff alone. Zhonya's is another 120 AP. Liandry's is 50. You still have another slot to add more.

Let's say you're Vel'Koz build is Morello's, Sorc's Shoes, Deathcap, Void Staff, Zhonya's, Liandry's.

that's 585 AP without runes or masteries. Let's add the 15 AP from AP quints to hit ~605.

that's about 1508 damage from his rank 3 ult with the changes.

pre changes, his ult would have done 1263 damage. That's 245 extra damage. Almost a 20% damage increase, if my math works out.

it's not an insignificant amount. Whether it's enough remains to be seen.

edit: void staff is 70 so it's slightly less but you get what I mean. I'm not doing all the math again

Blizzard

Banned
I accidentally clicked queue ranked instead of ARAM.

Now I'm ingame with a support who says they're stoned, and an enemy team with Jax + Yasuo + Master Yi.

I'm laning Fiora against Jax.

PLACE YOUR BETS

brian!

So after my busy schedule of wanting to play League, falling asleep then only playing the one match before bed, I decided to try out new Lucian. I'm with Thresh, and against an Ashe/Nami lane.

One threshing later and despite a late throw we win, relatively comfortably. I built him as I have been doing recently (IE rush) and he's still good. The Q minion damage buff is ridiculous when you have a few items. You can pretty much one shot a minion line, even more than before.

The extra dashes feel nice but keep forgetting they are there and mana free, might need a few games to get used to them. Maybe at higher levels the range is more of a problem, and you might poke holes in my highly scientific measure of one game.

On the other hand I'm technically a scientist of some sort, so by the power of science I give Lucian one of the highest honours you can give to a newly tweaked champ. A big blue Grover.

i6JtoRvB9szks.jpg

haha i only read the last sentence to this post but it was worth it

fuck i missed fred durst playing call of duty on twitch

Fracas

#fuckonami
Got a penta with first game of post-patch Lucian. He actually feels good. I was wrong.

granted they had an intentionally feeding renekton but I only killed him once before I got it

zkylon

zkylewd

Now I'm ingame with a support who says they're stoned, and an enemy team with Jax + Yasuo + Master Yi.

PLACE YOUR BETS

ranked is arams with an introductory laning phase anyways

Blizzard

Banned
I bet a thousand fun dollars on you
You win!

PLACE YOUR BETS
The expected result happened:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1456934748/38569565

I roamed mid to get first blood. The stoned Sona player disconnected at level 8, later briefly reconnected, but never played any more. The enemy team got no towers the entire game. The enemy team basically built no defense or tank items. We almost killed the nexus at 25 minutes, but died with maybe 20% health left on it. We then grouped, pushed up mid again, and won.

Just goes to show, even if you meant to play ARAM instead of ranked, and have an AFK on your team, and no one banned Jax, the result can be better than you expect.

I have two questions though. One, do the new jungle icons look weird and blurry to anyone else? This is my screen: http://abload.de/img/jungle_iconslioxh.png

Two, is there any way to see ward placement details in postgame summary stuff? I only see champion and building kill locations.

because nobody varies their build path on jax

they always rush phage even when they're losing and they always get fucked. nobody rushes a chain vest against renekton.

Repgnar

The Vel'Koz changes are disappointing. Not talking about mid Vel but support Vel, which i've seen more of than solo lane Vel, got his level 6 burst hit pretty hard. With the low ratio + high base damage on the ult you could get away with building mostly support items and a few AP items but it looks like the changes are requiring you to get the big AP items to break even. I guess Vel support would still work with his poke but the changes will certainly hurt him in the bot lane.

MAN.

*fuck* Feral Flare jungle buyers.

The shit just makes the game so much harder when you're playing 4v5 for 15 minutes, I swear to christ. I'm top and start off 0-2 because of some well-timed jungler ganks (during the expiration period for my trinket) and the enemy top is clearly about to try to put some heavy damage on the tower. I see my jungler moving in that general direction from mid and i'm thinking "cool, jungler is coming too" so I tp back to top tower and a nice melee ensues. The *entire fight* the jungler is hitting on the white wraith, either oblivious or indifferent. If he simply walks to the lane and stuns, that's a won fight and we not only hold our tower, but take theirs. The shit is just baffling.

edit:

BAnF0el.png

why make the game so much harder for everyone else? Creating that item may have been the single most frustrating item decision I've seen Riot make. It shits up the game one way or another.

edit2: he didn't even visit top for any reason until 20:21. How do you, as a jungler find any measure of acceptability in not visiting a lane for the first 20 minutes of a game? Against a top who has no escape mechanism?

zkylon

zkylewd
19 deaths ahri didn't help either lawl

not like she had a ga or anything

edit: also feral flare was a terrible idea and i feel so redeemed about it that it got nerfed to shit lol.

Back in my day, it was always Ashe mid, and we liked it that way.

I'm having mixed feelings with new Lucian. He just emphasized how much Graves needs to be buffed, because the latter feels pretty redundant at the moment. Maybe additional cooldown reduction on Quick Draw for every enemy champion that was hit by more than 1 bullet from Buckshot and slightly better passive scaling?

zkylon

zkylewd
if they're going for a niche with graves i'd love it if they did tanky adc

i'd make his passive more reliable, make it so that every shit gives him a stack (and q, w and r can give him multiple stacks) and like i said earlier a shield on his e would be pretty cool

but that's just one style of graves and probably wouldn't be any good in this meta, i just like that idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom