• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
2 wins 2 losses for gold v promos.

cant be salty about the losses being that i fed pretty hard in those.

yeah i try to avoid guides nowadays. just read too many guides saying dumb stuff and i'd rather just figure out for myself as much as possible and ask here for the rest.

also daily ahri

she prolly shouldn't be poledancing but i like it anyways

The pose is all wrong. Is she falling because her feet aren't keeping her up.

garath

Fiddle jungle again. I really like him. I still don't have my fingers trained for him though. I missed a couple easy kills because I canceled drain or forgot to E first.

I tried not going spirit stone this time and just doing double dorans and rush zhonyas. I didn't like it at all. I had a real low point before I got the rod where I wasn't clearing very quickly and didn't have a lot of damage output on ganks. Going the spirit route first gives you a chunk of AP, much faster clears and more gold income. I think its mandatory unless you manage to start snowballing and get that rod gold super quick. Its hard when you're looking for those mobis and buying wards.

Don't let her get through banning phase period.

Riot really, REALLY fucked up another rework. W is completely broken.

she feels incredibly strong against lucian. the silence fucks up your dueling potential big time, and if you e in she can just snare you.

With just a spellthief's she was doing about a quarter of my health with each landed Q. crazy.

Blizzard

Banned
A negatron should help with Soraka Q problems, and if she maxes Q then it costs 80+ mana per shot. She cannot keep that going early game.

I tried Soraka top lane and did okay -- the enemy top lane Vayne didn't even connect / come to top lane until I was level 4 or 5 so I was laning against minions. That's the power of Soraka for you.

Blizzard

Banned
I still don't know if solo lane soraka is viable or not since her w would be useless to her outside of the passive.
That's the advantage -- she's so much better without using it since she doesn't have to burn 10% of her health plus mana. :p

(It's probably a bad idea since it requires you to hit Q and E and as mentioned Q burns a ton of mana)

drawkcaB

Fiddle jungle again. I really like him. I still don't have my fingers trained for him though. I missed a couple easy kills because I canceled drain or forgot to E first.

I tried not going spirit stone this time and just doing double dorans and rush zhonyas. I didn't like it at all. I had a real low point before I got the rod where I wasn't clearing very quickly and didn't have a lot of damage output on ganks. Going the spirit route first gives you a chunk of AP, much faster clears and more gold income. I think its mandatory unless you manage to start snowballing and get that rod gold super quick. Its hard when you're looking for those mobis and buying wards.

Couldn't you buy Spirit Stone and then determine whether to rush Hourglass based on how the match is going?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
qAKjyEl.jpg

and that's how you carry neko back into gold 1.

i dont think ive ever met someone so fucking bad at technology before in my life.

my roommate in my apartment somehow managed to cut the power to the router while trying to fix a dns server issue

like wtf.

Korten

Banned
Bought 3 mystery skins with $10 + my left over RP...

AND...

Prom Annie (meh)
Headhunter Caitlyn (Sweeeeet)
Samurai Yi (cool)

So- was it worth? D:

I think she's pretty damn good. The heals are insane.
The early ranks of her heal are too damn high. Can't trade at level 1, she'll heal for 30% of an ADC's health. Can't set up level 6 spikes, the ADC leaves vision for like 5 seconds and he'll be topped up. Her heal is overtuned as fuck, the combination of bases CD and costs give her basically early Season 2 Soraka levels of sustain, how do I fight that shit? Ignite does nothing if she's healing outside of combat.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like I'm playing a different Soraka than you guys. Still seems strong, but I don't care about the heal that much. I'll throw it out in teamfights because why not, it'll help if I'm not getting focused, but the big thing she has going for her is just the sustained damage and ultimate.
The early ranks of her heal are too damn high. Can't trade at level 1, she'll heal for 30% of an ADC's health. Can't set up level 6 spikes, the ADC leaves vision for like 5 seconds and he'll be topped up. Her heal is overtuned as fuck, the combination of bases CD and costs give her basically early Season 2 Soraka levels of sustain, how do I fight that shit? Ignite does nothing if she's healing outside of combat.
I don't understand. If she was healing people in this scenario she'd go low. Also, why would Soraka take heal at level one? That would be so bad and you could punish it so hard. Not even worth taking until four.

Just had the most satisfying win I've ever had playing this game.

Enter lobby, Kat autolocks and says she's going bot. Lulu does the same. I try to convince them otherwise but before I can say much the game starts. Here we go again I think...
Kat, Lulu, Sona and I all start going bot until Kat wises up and goes mid while Lulu goes top with Zed. (no jungler)

Sona and I destroy bot and as we're getting a lead, my client crashes. Luckily I'm able to rejoin quickly but by the time I have Kat has also left.
Great, 4v5.
My CS lead was still considerable on their ragtag Annie/Thresh botlane (lol wut) so I quickly caught up level-wise.
I absolutely despise when people leave early game because it becomes a war of attrition until 20min when you can surrender and I decided that wasn't happening tonight.

So I channelled my inner C9 Hai and started shot calling like no tomorrow....and my previously toxic-seeming teammates actually listened.
Their bot lane was already exposed so we pushed there until we got ganked due to their extra player. Once I respawned I pushed mid as the rest of my team engaged bot again and managed to expose their inhib.
Eventually that went down.
Then had someone push bot until that inhib was exposed while by that time their middle inhib had fallen.
Then a couple of teamfights occurred in which they were too hesitant and 4v5 I scored a triple kill and ended up the only one standing.
So I pushed top and got to their inhib turret before getting ganked.
When I respawned I did the same while keeping an eye on my ward near their red buff and my team delayed them long enough for me to take down their inhib.
With two inhibs down we started stalling a bit until we could push bot and get their final inhib.....

and then they agreed to a 5-0 surrender from all the map pressure lol

Sorry for the wall of text but man it was fun and so nice to have a team that decided to listen especially when we were down a person.

There goes NA again
I feel like I'm playing a different Soraka than you guys. Still seems strong, but I don't care about the heal that much. I'll throw it out in teamfights because why not, it'll help if I'm not getting focused, but the big thing she has going for her is just the sustained damage and ultimate.

I don't understand. If she was healing people in this scenario she'd go low. Also, why would Soraka take heal at level one? That would be so bad and you could punish it so hard. Not even worth taking until four.
I mean at rank 1. It's as much as a one point wonder as it gets, 120 HP on a 4 second CD is nothing to laugh at.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There goes NA again

I mean at rank 1. It's as much as a one point wonder as it gets, 120 HP on a 4 second CD is nothing to laugh at.
I just don't see the use case scenario where you would need to heal that much. And for every 120 HP you heal you're looking at like 50+ damage on Soraka herself. Like, you hit one good Soraka Q and it's 105 damage at rank one with a 2 second slow. How do you say no to that?

I just don't see the use case scenario where you would need to heal that much. And for every 120 HP you heal you're looking at like 50+ damage on Soraka herself. Like, you hit one good Soraka Q and it's 105 damage at rank one with a 2 second slow. How do you say no to that?
I was just playing her with a Vayne against Cait / Nami - until the server went to shit and they finished the match, I lose LP and get a "leave" for that, thank you so much Riot - was able to withstand so much poke by just throwing Ws around - they had Xerath as well.

Playing against her earlier, Lucian Soraka, I just couldn't kill the little shit. It's so much sustain and if I eat one of said Qs she's also healing herself. If her heals are indeed the lesser part of her kit I don't want to see what a good Soraka can do.

Sofo

Just had the most satisfying win I've ever had playing this game.

Enter lobby, Kat autolocks and says she's going bot. Lulu does the same. I try to convince them otherwise but before I can say much the game starts. Here we go again I think...
Kat, Lulu, Sona and I all start going bot until Kat wises up and goes mid while Lulu goes top with Zed. (no jungler)

Sona and I destroy bot and as we're getting a lead, my client crashes. Luckily I'm able to rejoin quickly but by the time I have Kat has also left.
Great, 4v5.
My CS lead was still considerable on their ragtag Annie/Thresh botlane (lol wut) so I quickly caught up level-wise.
I absolutely despise when people leave early game because it becomes a war of attrition until 20min when you can surrender and I decided that wasn't happening tonight.

So I channelled my inner C9 Hai and started shot calling like no tomorrow....and my previously toxic-seeming teammates actually listened.
Their bot lane was already exposed so we pushed there until we got ganked due to their extra player. Once I respawned I pushed mid as the rest of my team engaged bot again and managed to expose their inhib.
Eventually that went down.
Then had someone push bot until that inhib was exposed while by that time their middle inhib had fallen.
Then a couple of teamfights occurred in which they were too hesitant and 4v5 I scored a triple kill and ended up the only one standing.
So I pushed top and got to their inhib turret before getting ganked.
When I respawned I did the same while keeping an eye on my ward near their red buff and my team delayed them long enough for me to take down their inhib.
With two inhibs down we started stalling a bit until we could push bot and get their final inhib.....

and then they agreed to a 5-0 surrender from all the map pressure lol

Sorry for the wall of text but man it was fun and so nice to have a team that decided to listen especially when we were down a person.

Is this a level 30 game or? o_o Everything is so bizzarre. Anyway, GJ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom