• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

dont really like soraka rite now
her numbers are prtty high
but i wish she had something she could use to kite
her q seems prtty simple to dodge and her second e proc is like swain status

prefer it vastly to old sol0 lane soraka tho
wouldn't like to see a tunky new soraka either, that would suck to go against

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Starcall is easy to dodge when it's the only thing coming out, but in the chaos of a teamfight it's something that is going to start to land no matter what, and the AOE on it is pretty wide too.

Riot forgot to upload new ability videos in the client so I don't know how much they really care about her as long as she doesn't get an out of control win rate.

dimb

I see lots of Rivens. And she got picked at LCS. She seems like she's in an alright spot.

pigeon

Banned
What are the people in this thread building on Raka?

From my perspective, AP is actually her most important stat by far. It scales both her W heal (so she can use it less) and her Q heal (so she gets more health back), so it's actually a big double dip on her survivability. If you're building, like, mana into tank, or heavy CDR, or something, then I can understand thinking her heal is awful and her tank is always empty.

brian!

her ratios suk
well they are dependent i guess

i cant really see ppl building her glassy
my main problem w/ her is that she is food

if you are playing a support I think it's weird to invest in an ap item that isn't morello or mejais

TomShoe

Banned
dis aram cray

GyGBw.jpg

xEILR.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
the only thing i miss about old soraka is taking her into arams and being able to practically 1v5 at full item build (tanky ap).

also, good thing panda and i got our freelo in before the servers pooped out

dimb

I just don't see Soraka as being the sort of champion to get away with an AP heavy build. Or maybe I just don't see the point. Without any traditional escapes it just leaves Soraka herself as a susceptible target to burst. Tanky Soraka gets early access to high CDR builds that let her push into fights rather than skirt helplessly around them. AP ratios are conditional. Did you land the centered Starcall? Did you get both procs off on the E? If you didn't you're looking at 40% AP scaling and below.

Also, let's be real about skill leveling here. You have to max Q first. Highest gains on damage / slow percentage increase / and drops the cooldown enough for it to be heavily spammable. Maxing W gives you...what? Each point in the skill boosts ally heals by 30, and self heals by ten. Maxing E boosts root time and significantly boosts the base damage, while bringing the cooldown to a manageable 14. The heal is weak, and that's okay. It should be ignored because the rest of the kit is strong.

pigeon

Banned
I mean, yeah, if you don't max W, and you don't build AP, then your experience will be that Soraka is bad at healing, that makes sense. Those are the things that make Soraka more effective at healing.

60% AP scaling seems lousy, but it's the best scaling on a heal spell in the game by quite a bit.

In terms of escapes, the AP item I'd probably target is Zhonya's, because it gives Raka a brief answer to "what do I do if everybody's focusing me." Obviously between Coin, SS, and Mikael's you might not have time to get Zhonya's, but I'd definitely build it over any pure tank item.

I think I'm done with taking ranked seriously. I'll use it to practice my mechanics and play champs I like, but otherwise I'm not going to bother trying to climb. If I get carried, I'll take it. If we get stomped, I'll work on getting better.

http://i.imgur.com/e7fL5aS.png

I need to work on my mid-game: once laning is over I tend to roam too much. Probably should've TP'ed a couple times to split push or something.

brian!

she's not bad at healing, it has a 3 sec cd

if you prioritize a skill that hurts you in a situation where they have no real incentive to hit the ad when there is a juicy no escape has to get kinda close dood to kill instead
i dunno

i wouldnt get a coin either

like her not being able to heal herself, and the spell actively damaging her, really sets the tone for the spell and how ppl should lane against her at bot

uh yes. sorry your waifu's kit is inherently broken.
so inherently broken that she's seen next to no play in competitive league since her nerfs.

riven has 0 tools for trading with meta top laners. she has great early and midgame damage but since her hp regen is so shit she has to buy lots of pots until she can build a decent chunk of lifestsal in order to sustain through the ranged harass that most meta toplaners have.

i don't get how u can reach so many wrong conclusions without evidence. u did this with draven and vayne and syndra and orianna.

brian!

i think an argument can be made for staggering the levels in her spells tho for sure
but maxing w is like
the enemy has to play into particular conditions in order for maxing that to be valuable

it's like putting all your points into morg shield immediately

Newt

I play against Deadnames and make him think Sivir is op :^).

"You can't even catch her out, she just spell shields the ability away."

"Don't even think about getting away from her, that op speedboost will make the whole team catch up."

"Wow its literally impossible to get close to azir his soldiers just attack me every time wtf"

"Olaf is such a bullshit champion. CC removal, permaslow and true damage?"

"Does anyone else think master yi is the strongest champion in the game? Impossible to slow does true damage and resets all of his skills instantly."

Newt

"Holy shit, Urgot ults me and I get stuck in the whole enemy team."

"Wtf, Zac can fly over walls and gank that easily? Even if you kill him he just turns into blobs while the rest of the team cleans up."

Tizoc

I mean, yeah, if you don't max W, and you don't build AP, then your experience will be that Soraka is bad at healing, that makes sense. Those are the things that make Soraka more effective at healing.

60% AP scaling seems lousy, but it's the best scaling on a heal spell in the game by quite a bit.

In terms of escapes, the AP item I'd probably target is Zhonya's, because it gives Raka a brief answer to "what do I do if everybody's focusing me." Obviously between Coin, SS, and Mikael's you might not have time to get Zhonya's, but I'd definitely build it over any pure tank item.

Gangplank's W applies 100% AP+base amount for his healing.
ACTIVE: Gangplank eats a large amount of citrus fruit, instantly removing all crowd control effects and healing himself.

HEAL: 80 / 150 / 220 / 290 / 360 (+ 100% AP)

Can't wait for his new ult. to be added to base game, Void Staff as a last troll item will be lulzy :V

brian!

how much is a large amount of citrus fruit

like i can get through one of those small crates of clementines prtty easily maybe I am good enough to join the league of legends

dimb

The only reason Riven doesn't seen more competitive play is probably because nobody wants to 2v1 on her. I wouldn't really read into it in regards to her match ups against other top laners.

No, but like, why would you max W? The gains on it per point are just super low, even if you were building AP. The other part of Soraka's kit is that if you are building for AP losing 10% of your total health pool becomes a bigger and bigger deal. You max it and you literally just heal for 100 more.

Zhonya's is not an escape tool. It doesn't remove you from a situation, it just delays it. More than that using a Zhonya's just blocks you from protecting your team or contributing to the fight. What is it really going to accomplish? Someone like Morgana can lock fights down by being inside of them and benefits from Zhonya's, but that's also because she can just fire off all of her abilities and wait for the cooldowns while in stasis. Soraka needs to regularly contribute to fights.

Also, tanky builds are godlike on supports because they contribute to the entire team and tend to provide CDR. Why bother building an item that will boost your heal by 80 when you can pick up a Locket or Frozen Heart or something like that? Like xcloser is pointing out, the fact that Soraka cannot heal herself sets the tone of the kit. There is no point in being able to heal others when Soraka can be burst down with ease. But what is the answer to a tanky Soraka? She will mitigate way more damage than whatever pittance building AP heals.
i think an argument can be made for staggering the levels in her spells
No. Max Q.

brian!

maxing q is def great and cookie cutter i think but i always advocate leveling situationally
like in situations where you can guarantee both e procs, putting levels in e is just more damage

a lvl 5 with 2q 2e 1w for a gank for example, the amount of potential dmg when you put a point into e is kind of obscene

but a regular chilling lane yeah max q

dimb

maxing q is def great and cookie cutter i think but i always advocate leveling situationally
like in situations where you can guarantee both e procs, putting levels in e is just more damage

a lvl 5 with 2q 2e 1w for a gank for example, the amount of potential dmg when you put a point into e is kind of obscene

but a regular chilling lane yeah max q
Unless you are laning with Sion or something you probably aren't going to find a situation where you are guaranteeing double E procs.

brian!

yeah tru, just thinking about all the rammus jarvan bros
q is def the best thing to max in most situations

wait nevermind, if we are thinking about situations where we can land both q and e perfectly, it doesn't really matter

I don't really think the 2v1 really matters all that much to Riven considering the trend towards double jungling and the 2v0 lane freezes.

If there's one thing holding her back from competitive play, it's how she has to take so many more risks in order to achieve what other top laners can accomplish. Compared to a Maokai or Ryze she takes far more mechamical precision to get the same results as they do.

dimb

It's about flexibility. Top laners can run into situations where they get zoned, so people just play stuff that can't get locked out of games.

Like...Riven has one of the best winrates for a top laner in solo. She has shown up in competitive. I dunno what you want. She doesn't fill the same role as Ryze or Maokai.

Jeff-DSA

Honestly, low Golds seem to be way worse than high Silvers. I've seen some stupid crap the past few days that would make Bronzies rage. Last pick support picks Brand, starts to feed immediately. This guy is in Gold. Somehow.

So the other team sees that we have a really stupid bot, so they just camp top nonstop. I'm actually holding my own just fine until our dumb jungler tries to start "helping" and feeds three kills in my lane on tower dives and bad counter ganks. Now we're behind in every single lane and there's no hope of coming back. Everybody is on tilt and it just sucks.

Seriously, the Gold players are screwing games up far more than the Silver guys I'm playing with. It's insane.

garath

Couldn't you buy Spirit Stone and then determine whether to rush Hourglass based on how the match is going?

If I'm going to get a spirit stone, might as well finish the spectral wraith. That way you get the AP and CDR. But no, grabbing a spirit stone for 700 sets you back even further for the hourglass rush.

Looking over probuilds, the only real jungler on there right now (with Worlds going on) is Benji and he seems to USUALLY go spirit stone but I see a couple of hourglass rush games too.

I'll try it again but I think it makes more sense to go spectral wraith first, then hourglass. It smooths his power curve a bit instead of crappy into huge spike.

DeadNames

Banned
All I said was riven needed a rework, but of course, like all riven players, they are too blinded by their jizz stained body pillows to have appropriate reading comprehension.

Mothman91

All I said was riven needed a rework, but of course, like all riven players, they are too blinded by their jizz stained body pillows to have appropriate reading comprehension.
Ya know, I hate riven players as much as the next person,

You aren't that next person though.

Edwardo

If I'm going to get a spirit stone, might as well finish the spectral wraith. That way you get the AP and CDR. But no, grabbing a spirit stone for 700 sets you back even further for the hourglass rush.

Looking over probuilds, the only real jungler on there right now (with Worlds going on) is Benji and he seems to USUALLY go spirit stone but I see a couple of hourglass rush games too.

I'll try it again but I think it makes more sense to go spectral wraith first, then hourglass. It smooths his power curve a bit instead of crappy into huge spike.

I've only played Fiddle a few times this season, but I've gotten success from Spectral Wraith and then Zhonyas. I'll get Sorc shoes too somewhere in there, but I can see Mobis being good too.

Why does she need a rework?

DeadNames

Banned
Insane mobility, insane damage and to top it off zero resource.

She's in a manageable state ATM, but there's room for a rework IMO.

Edit: not removing my post. Let it stand as a monument to what happens when I snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom