• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

A couple weeks ago I played against a Yasuo top lane that was getting dumpstered by our riven and proceeded to say with all sincerity that Riven was a broken champion who needed to get nerfed/reworked. It was pretty funny hearing that come from instabanned/picked yasuo.

bokn

Banned
A couple weeks ago I played against a Yasuo top lane that was getting dumpstered by our riven and proceeded to say with all sincerity that Riven was a broken champion who needed to get nerfed/reworked. It was pretty funny hearing that come from instabanned/picked yasuo.

his name?
deadnames

zkylon

zkylewd
Cynical, angry, and generally unhappy?

Yes.

more like unapologetically whiny

like u seem so out of sync with how this game is designed i'm surprised you're still playing it. like it's not a coincidence that high mobility champions don't have mana, no resources is what allows them to do have high mobility -_-

MaxiLive

;^)

I got the point.

If they're going to have high mobility they need some tradeoff somewhere.

To me it seems like Riven's weakness is getting CC'd due to generally glass cannon builds meaning very minimal defence/HP meaning she can be popped super quickly.

Laning phase she is just a bully who requires the minion wave, if you beat them at that then you can poke for days without them being able to do much or your tankiness out trades them. Riven's tend to only become scary if fed or someone is actually really good with them and cancel animations and do the instant auto attack magic.

I think Riven is in a good place and has been for a while she only seems dominant in the hands of a really good player or someone who is fed. While is the same for Irellia's, Yasuo's and any other top hyper carries I can't think of the name of :D

The larger problem with Riven is the same as Thresh and some other champs is more people seem to main them as they are super fn to play so players tend to be a lot better at them compared to other champs as they know their ins and outs a lot more plus matchups.

He lacks counterplay. Same with Fiddle and Amumu.

Fiddle's a whole different conversation, but I don't think Rammus has no counterplay.

I think that in a solo queue environment, providing he can do basic jungle clears, people are very poor at dealing with Rammus' pretty unique ganks.

Rammus does very little damage, has a really bad clear and is pretty vulnerable in the early game.

It's just hard for solo queue players to deal with Rammus ganks.

Dodging bandage toss is a perfectly valid form of counterplay.

unless you're all really clumped up and in a bad position Amumu doesn't really have a lot of tools if he doesn't hit a bandage toss.

I guess he can still use his ult for disengaging and re-engaging, but meh

zkylon

zkylewd
rammus still prolly deserves to be looked at

like correct me if i'm wrong but isn't his ult like widely considered useless?

DeadNames

Banned
Dodging bandage toss is a perfectly valid form of counterplay.

unless you're all really clumped up and in a bad position Amumu doesn't really have a lot of tools if he doesn't hit a bandage toss.

I guess he can still use his ult for disengaging and re-engaging, but meh

I was just commenting on how the hit box puts more to shame.

garath

You know better than to use logic like that Garath :/.

Oh yeah. My bad. Sry.

Still, it is remarkable that he has such a high winrate. I'd almost say lolking is bugged. His winrate is almost identical at all ranks in solo queue. I KNOW diamond players know how to counter him.

Newt

Oh yeah. My bad. Sry.

Still, it is remarkable that he has such a high winrate. I'd almost say lolking is bugged. His winrate is almost identical at all ranks in solo queue. I KNOW diamond players know how to counter him.
He's the most scary in diamond. I haven't seen him lose a game yet.

To be honest, I have no idea how to counter him. As ADC, he'll just zone the shit out of me, and as I try to kill him I just end up doing no damage and losing all my health. Even if you QSS his taunt, it's not like he's gone. He can easily kill an ADC just with autos and ult.

Rammus could just be overtuned honestly, because I don't think he lacks counterplay.

I think it's hard to beat a Rammus in a late game and the early game is where you need to stop him.

Early game junglers should be able to counter gank him and invade him pretty easily.

I don't think it's on the ADC to counter the Rammus except for just not dying a lot early.

garath

To be honest, I have no idea how to counter him. As ADC, he'll just zone the shit out of me, and as I try to kill him I just end up doing no damage and losing all my health. Even if you QSS his taunt, it's not like he's gone. He can easily kill an ADC just with autos and ult.

That is true. His ult is really really strong and he gets a lot of free stats from his passive and W.

He has to be especially scary against an all AD team where he gets to just stack armor.

pigeon

Banned
Nice try slick, last time I played Yasuo was vs shyvana.

Yas could use a rework too imo. No reason a champ with zero resource should have that much mobility and CC. And his double crit is dumb.

So Riven is broken. Yasuo is broken. Quinn is broken. Ryze is broken. Nasus is broken.

What top lane champs do you think aren't broken?

Unrelatedly, what top lane champs do you tend to play?

Leezard

Play vayne, condemn him into a wall when he tries to roll over you. Also, percentage max health true damage wrecks him.

The support / tank should do his job and peel /body block his roll.

Newt

Rammus could just be overtuned honestly, because I don't think he lacks counterplay.

I think it's hard to beat a Rammus in a late game and the early game is where you need to stop him.

Early game junglers should be able to counter gank him and invade him pretty easily.

I don't think it's on the ADC to counter the Rammus except for just not dying a lot early.
You're just wrong, Phillip. His ganking potential in solo lanes is ridiculous, a single gank and he probably has a guaranteed flash blown, unless the champion has a super escape. Sure you can invade him, but it's very easy for an invade on Rammus to go wrong. There's nothing easy about invading him in solo q. As for counterganks, they probably work well pre 6, but that's only a short portion of the game. The window to beat him is just so incredibly short.

Play vayne, condemn him into a wall when he tries to roll over you. Also, percentage max health true damage wrecks him.

The support / tank should do his job and peel /body block his roll.
Yes, but if I play Vayne new problems arise. Basically I'm losing all map pressure bottom.

You're just wrong, Phillip. His ganking potential in solo lanes is ridiculous, a single gank and he probably has a guaranteed flash blown, unless the champion has a super escape. Sure you can invade him, but it's very easy for an invade on Rammus to go wrong. There's nothing easy about invading him in solo q. As for counterganks, they probably work well pre 6, but that's only a short portion of the game. The window to beat him is just so incredibly short.

Yes, but if I play Vayne new problems arise. Basically I'm losing all map pressure bottom.

yeah maybe you're right, I don't play against Rammus a whole lot but when I do I don't feel he lacks counterplay.

Like I said it could just be a case of him being overtuned and he needs to be toned down a bit in some aspects.

I think the problem with taunt is that tenacity itemization sucks for ADCs. Sure, you could grab Zephyr as a "7th" item but that's looking at 50 minute games. Grabbing mercs will just make you do less damage and that's not good.

Bacon

I wonder what I'm doing wrong when I play Rammus because I never feel like i'm that strong. I haven't played that many games with him so maybe I just don't get him.

Newt

I think the problem with taunt is that tenacity itemization sucks for ADCs. Sure, you could grab Zephyr as a "7th" item but that's looking at 50 minute games. Grabbing mercs will just make you do less damage and that's not good.
I don't even feel like his main issue is the taunt. Yes it's a strong ability, but It would find if balanced if the rest of his kit wasn't broken.
iYWSbp9.png

Leezard

Oh, nvm didn't see the sarcasm in your last post, lol.
Well, Vayne is seriously good against Rammus, but like you said in your post above, you gain so many other problems by picking her. I think caitlyn is a decent pick against Rammus as well, but in most cases you will have to rely on a teammate to body block the roll. With decent vision Rammus can't get straight to the adc very easily. In lane it can certainly be more difficult, but you might be able to position behind minions such that he will have difficulties ganking unless he uses flash.

Unless you play cait / vayne, you will have to rely on your team to avoid Rammus. That does make him good in solo queue.

Newt

Well, Vayne is seriously good against Rammus, but like you said in your post above, you gain so many other problems by picking her. I think caitlyn is a decent pick against Rammus as well, but in most cases you will have to rely on a teammate to body block the roll. With decent vision Rammus can't get straight to the adc very easily. In lane it can certainly be more difficult, but you might be able to position behind minions such that he will have difficulties ganking unless he uses flash.
I feel like his strength isn't even getting to the ADC, but having the ability to zone them out of a fight. If you're having your tank trying to body block Rammus, and then the ADC peeling back you've probably lost the fight. In competitive you can have the whole team disengage and peel back, but that's not happening in solo q.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't even feel like his main issue is the taunt. Yes it's a strong ability, but It would find if balanced if the rest of his kit wasn't broken.
iYWSbp9.png
yea that's what i mean with looking at his ult

crazy damages yet widely unappreciated at least in low elo

DeadNames

Banned
So Riven is broken. Yasuo is broken. Quinn is broken. Ryze is broken. Nasus is broken.

What top lane champs do you think aren't broken?

Unrelatedly, what top lane champs do you tend to play?

Huh? When did I say Nasus/Yasuo/Ryze/Quinn are broken? I never said that lol.

Don't get me wrong, Ryze and Quinn make me want to gauge my eyes out, but they're no Nidalee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom