• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mid jax?

why did you build thornmail -_-

you also got mega outfarmed tho that needs context

Is that Ezreal mid and Jax was bot? Otherwise I can't explain the low amount of assists on Thresh.

kind of an odd team to rush a thornmail against.

I was reading a guide and it said Thornmail is good against Nasus. *shrug* Probably should've gone Sunfire or maybe some MR but I didn't think Kat would get fed.

Jax was mid: first pick thought he was OP.

I got 3-man ganked top and had to help our other lanes so Nasus pushed and free-farmed.

I was reading a guide and it said Thornmail is good against Nasus. *shrug* Probably should've gone Sunfire or maybe some MR but I didn't think Kat would get fed.

I got 3-man ganked top and had to help our other lanes so Nasus pushed and free-farmed.
tip 1 for lol

dont read mobafire guides.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't really play garen or bruisers/tanks but yea i prolly wouldn't ever suggest rushing thornmail

even against a heavy ad team (which they weren't, amumu + kat meant lots of magic damage, also if you were dueling nasus you were eating a fair amount of magic damage from his ult) i'd never recommend going thornmail first. try sunfire or randuins next time.

thornmail just isn't a good item against nasus and it's generally not that great an item overall, specially early on.

and yea try to stay away from guides. if you're unsure about something go to lolwiki, check the enemy team's champions and build according to that.

bcl0328

AHHHHHHHH i DID IT!

FQSHpZV.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

If you're going to lane vs. Nasus as Garen it's probably not worth running TP and building tanky. He will just outscale you. Run Ignite, build heavy for damage, and look for kills.

i dunno how you can hate jungle fights as a mage it's basically ppl in a narrow corridor for you to dump all your aoe plus wall protection against flanks on the sides

it's like easy skillshots land.
I love that aspect of it, especially with my huge laser beam. I hate getting pincered though, or having team shift positions in a way that leaves me completely vulnerable. I'm bored, so I'll probably draw up a stupid map and give some specifics on what I find happening to me a ton.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Any of you guys played Viktor much since the rework? I've used him a couple matches. I like him. His AOE damage feels weaker, but his new utility in teamfights from the w is awesome. Plus that Q plus lich bane just melts people.

zkylon

zkylewd
Any of you guys played Viktor much since the rework? I've used him a couple matches. I like him. His AOE damage feels weaker, but his new utility in teamfights from the w is awesome. Plus that Q plus lich bane just melts people.

been meaning to but i'm intimidated by how weird he is to build -_-

should search probuilds already

(btw lone_prodigy probuilds is a much better site to look for build info than anywhere else)

(tho all the good pros are in korea right now so probuilds is kinda useless, plus faker doesn't play azir :<)

Fracas

#fuckonami
been meaning to but i'm intimidated by how weird he is to build -_-

should search probuilds already

(btw lone_prodigy probuilds is a much better site to look for build info than anywhere else)

(tho all the good pros are in korea right now so probuilds is kinda useless, plus faker doesn't play azir :<)

Yeah, new Viktor is incredible. He may even be OP.

I admittedly don't really know what I'm doing yet, but I've been upgrading the core twice then going into lich bane early on. Finish the core then it's full on nuke time.

Thornmail can be decent, but only situationally so later into a game. Not something you'd want to rush outright.

Skip Sunfire Cape, Randuin's is always better bang for buck in terms of survivability and Garen doesn't need the negligible wave clear the former provides.

Yeah, new Viktor is incredible. He may even be OP.
Viktor always had crazy damage though, for what it's worth. They just Xerath'd him with the rework: doesn't hit as hard but a lot less clunky to use.

Edwardo

If Lee Sin Q's over Jinx's traps, will he get rooted on them?

Or will he travel the full distance and still be rooted at the end?

Or nothing?

V_Arnold

I bought Janna, played two games with her...

You gotta be fucking kidding with me.
Why is there even a decision to bring someone else to the support role? (Other than maybe Thresh and Morg, obviously :p)

I mean...aoe CC every 4-5 secs with Q? Aoe heal? Movement speed? Bubble? Enemy movement debuff? Passive movement buff?

WHAT?

If Lee Sin Q's over Jinx's traps, will he get rooted on them?

Or will he travel the full distance and still be rooted at the end?

Or nothing?
I'm pretty sure he gets snared at the destination
I bought Janna, played two games with her...

You gotta be fucking kidding with me.
Why is there even a decision to bring someone else to the support role? (Other than maybe Thresh and Morg, obviously :p)

I mean...aoe CC every 4-5 secs with Q? Aoe heal? Movement speed? Bubble? Enemy movement debuff? Passive movement buff?

WHAT?
Because Nami does almost everything Janna does better while being far stronger in lane.

Not that Janna is bad or anything. She's probably among the top 5 supports

dimb

Because Nami does almost everything Janna does better while being far stronger in lane.

Not that Janna is bad or anything. She's probably among the top 5 supports
Janna has better disengage than Nami, better anti-siege, and better actual siege. She provides better map control and movespeed buffs, has instant channel disruption, and she scales better into late.

Janna has better disengage than Nami, better anti-siege, and better actual siege. She provides better map control and movespeed buffs, has instant channel disruption, and she scales better into late.
How so? Because of the siege potential?

Yeah, sieging is Janna's thing, specially if you go for a double/triple shield comp.

Blizzard

Banned
In the category of things everyone knew but me, I just now realized that Lissandra tells a story if you let an ARAM map sit idle after the victory logo comes up.

dimb

How so? Because of the siege potential?
Janna just outperforms Nami in teamfights while having superior escape and AP scaling to Nami. I honestly don't think Nami is very good right now. Like, her synergy with what's good out there is just pretty low, and her matchups against the strong supports are pretty weak.

Musician

Janna just outperforms Nami in teamfights while having superior escape and AP scaling to Nami. I honestly don't think Nami is very good right now. Like, her synergy with what's good out there is just pretty low, and her matchups against the strong supports are pretty weak.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

dimb

The resurgence of Blitzcrank into the meta has a dramatic effect on what supports you want to pick. Nami deals with him and his counters poorly. sry

tip 1 for lol

dont read mobafire guides.

You can read Mobafire guides. I read them all the time.

The difference is learning to differentiate between a good guide and a bad guide. Some people have put a lot of time into their guides and they can be labors of love backed with tons of experience.

Janna probably has the best disengage/peel among supports but if your team does no damage and can't position you can't do anything. Nami at least provides sustain.

Dropped to Silver IV. IV is too easy and III is too hard. I dunno anymore.

You can read Mobafire guides. I read them all the time.

The difference is learning to differentiate between a good guide and a bad guide. Some people have put a lot of time into their guides and they can be labors of love backed with tons of experience.
Problem is if you can differentiate a good guide from a bad guide you likely already know what you're supposed to be building anyways.

So if you cant differentiate them you go into say the Mundo page and 2 of the top rated guides are telling you to buy Atmas.

Oh and the highest ranked Nasus build that tells you to buy Zeke's. But it's ok, it's from a Diamond player, what could possibly go wrong.

Problem is if you can differentiate a good guide from a bad guide you likely already know what you're supposed to be building anyways.

So if you cant differentiate them you go into say the Mundo page and 2 of the top rated guides are telling you to buy Atmas.

Oh and the highest ranked Nasus build that tells you to buy Zeke's

The build items are one thing but the lane matchups are also another. Good guides will tell you how to play against certain lanes as well if you are new to the champ. Playstyle, in my opinion, is the most important segment of the guide.

The build items are one thing but the lane matchups are also another. Good guides will tell you how to play against certain lanes as well if you are new to the champ.
Yeah, I can see the value in reading about the actual champion, tips and whatnot. But for builds per se, Mobafire needs to be avoided.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i try to avoid guides nowadays. just read too many guides saying dumb stuff and i'd rather just figure out for myself as much as possible and ask here for the rest.

also daily ahri

she prolly shouldn't be poledancing but i like it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom