• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why did they completely destroy Cassiopeia?
I dunno if things were really working well before. They'll tweak stuff. She'll eventually wind up in a better place, and I think they're on the right track.

I just realized that the leblanc skin and the wu skin are going to be the harrowing skins probably.

that's boring.
What do you mean you don't want another green monkey skin?

You have the most success with him as a mage because he's essentially an anti-caster. Long ass silence matched with tanky stats to negate burst. When they finally take a look at him I suspect they'll push him further into that niche sort of like, "vs. double AP comp? Pick Cho'Gath!".

For Trundle they added an on-hit mini-slow to his Q to give him a bit more sticking power on top of his E and W and they changed his W field from reducing CC effects to enhancing all health regen sources. He may have gotten a base stat change here or there and some numbers changes to Q and W, can't remember. It was quite a while ago.
Cho's also a bit of anti-assassin with the right build, since someone like Fizz / Zed / Talon / Kha'zix / Katarina can't escape due to the silence + Rupture if timed correctly, and they'll lose all-in trades to him at level 6. Feast + Ignite is a lot of sudden damage whilst you're likely healthier than them, and his other skills aren't anything to scoff at either over time. He's surprisingly effective against Swain too, never mind that Cho's also the only instance I'll ever be positive about a Warwick jungle given that the low cooldowns on both their ults means you'll have a near-guaranteed kill every minute (or less post-CDR) when facing a squishy.

Secondly, Trundle's tweaked Q didn't really help him out despite Riot's intentions. It used to be more practical to stick on people with the old Trundle since his old auto-attacks felt significantly snappier and you could cancel the Q animation much easier than how it is now to the point you could walk up right besides your enemy rather than instantly falling behind, mini-slow be damned. Before you could do auto-attack -> Q -> cancel that into another auto-attack -> smartcast W -> another auto-attack with some practice, which is now nigh-on impossible to execute. I hate it.

i feel if anything they should make his silence be pbaoe (think blitz ult) since how it works now is kinda wonky, specially if you want to use it reactively (say zed ults you)

also i think they should prolly replace his e with something a bit more high impact, like a ms buff or something.

i dunno, i feel like cho should be a straight tank or "ap bruiser" but all my memories of playing him was like bursting people with like a glass cannon build
The things that really don't fit are his E and his passive. I'm really not sure what his E is for -- I mean, it makes his trades scale with AP and gives him a little more waveclear, but I don't really see why he needs those things. And his passive is just another lackluster sustain passive, one of the worse ones.

Here's my Cho rework:

* Reduce the AP ratio on Q. Q's AoE size starts smaller than it is now, but scales in size with Feast stacks.
* Instead of its current behavior, E is basically Kayle's E, with no range boost. While it's active, Cho's melee attacks do AoE damage around the target and have an AP ratio. AoE size scales with Feast.
* Remove or reduce AP ratio on R. (To keep mage Cho from getting out of control.)
* His passive does...something else. I dunno. Either something to keep him in lane that is a little more interesting (and mana-effective) than "last hitting is good", or something to make him really scary to stand next to in teamfights.
Cho's E is fine; the worst I can say is that it's an uneventful skill. He needs it early on because his mana pool is shit (non-issue as the match progresses), it clears waves with minimal effort, makes him tick when jungling (whenever CC tanks are in style again) and it can allow for some good sustained damage against select top laners or a squishy melee who sticks around for too long. It's admittedly low-profile on the audiovisual side of things, so that'd be the only area where I'd look to improve it aside from giving it some late game relevance.

I dislike most of the suggested tweaks, never mind that his E already does AoE damage with an AP ratio and a larger radius per Feast stack. Also, the thing that keeps Mid'gath from getting out of control is his lack of mobility and range, plus the glaring weakness of spec'ing Q first that a lot of players are illogically fond of. Rushing Rod of Ages is also oddly high on their to-do list, despite it being a trap purchase that's easily punished.

Newt

thanks I'll check it out, and kinda what I thought. Is ghostblade a viable item on her? sounds like it might be nice with her w, but not sure if it is or not.
It is viable, but I honestly would take Shiv just because Sivir is mostly an auto based damager.

brian!

AfgHOKb.png

Nekofrog

Banned
having to be the three others players on a trick-sirchez duo has to be frustrating.

to be honest i'd trust them to have my back

a lot of the times the games are 80% harder because of trick, sirhcez plays great in even straight up hard counter matchups

80% harder but as long as the team knows how to play with the gates duo it comes down to like 20% harder imo

it's just a standard 1/3/1 splitpush with abnormally heavy amounts of pressure even in sometimes the wrong situation.

Korten

Banned
Jesus, I mean't to play as Garen instead of Riven, for some reason I accidently thought that Riven countered Irelia and made a wrong pick. Fed Irelia, got to 7 deaths, build a shit ton of health and armor- won and the game and didn't die again until the very end of the match when we won. Tanky Riven, while not sure if a good thing, was very powerful. :D We so should have lost the game- but while I pity the enemy team, around level 14 their Leona began to just blast their team and stay at spawn...

At 45 LP...

Repo Man

Thinking of finally giving LoL a go, I've played a bit of DotA but I find it lacks certain refinement which puts me off it. I have a question though, I'm thinking of luring my missus into it aswell as we like playing co-op games so if I form my own group and only invite her into it can the rest of the team be filled with random players through matchmaking ? Also can we team up in the same fashion for the "league" or ranked games or whatever you may call them. Sorry for any vagueness as I'm a complete novice, havent even installed the game yet :p

bokn

Banned
Thinking of finally giving LoL a go, I've played a bit of DotA but I find it lacks certain refinement which puts me off it. I have a question though, I'm thinking of luring my missus into it aswell as we like playing co-op games so if I form my own group and only invite her into it can the rest of the team be filled with random players through matchmaking ? Also can we team up in the same fashion for the "league" or ranked games or whatever you may call them. Sorry for any vagueness as I'm a complete novice, havent even installed the game yet :p

Yes to all your questions

Hit us up if you need any advice

Ferrio

Banned

Yes, but it'll be awhile until you have access to ranked games. Might wanna play a few bot games first to get the feel of the game, then just play regular blind matchmaking.

Sofo

Jesus, I mean't to play as Garen instead of Riven, for some reason I accidently thought that Riven countered Irelia and made a wrong pick. Fed Irelia, got to 7 deaths, build a shit ton of health and armor- won and the game and didn't die again until the very end of the match when we won. Tanky Riven, while not sure if a good thing, was very powerful. :D We so should have lost the game- but while I pity the enemy team, around level 14 their Leona began to just blast their team and stay at spawn...

At 45 LP...

Nice! Don't pity enemy team when they get an AFK, surely has happened / will happen to you at some point, and you won't get the pity from enemy team.

I think tanky Riven can be ok if you are behind because she can be very disruptive and fuck up positioning for enemy team. Idk, someone sure can correct me as I do not have that much insight on Riven!

Korten

Banned
Nice! Don't pity enemy team when they get an AFK, surely has happened / will happen to you at some point, and you won't get the pity from enemy team.

I think tanky Riven can be ok if you are behind because she can be very disruptive and fuck up positioning for enemy team. Idk, someone sure can correct me as I do not have that much insight on Riven!

Sadly I won a game after that, then lost 2. Back down to 30 LP. :(

Musician

Also, if someone DC's (stands completely still even though you are attacking them) you kill them. Yes, the enemy team will complain but you can bet your ass they would do the same to you.

nbraun80

Yeah, BT or defensive item.

first game of the sivir wagon

had to carry purdy hard beings sona was the second most damage dealt to champs on the team. lol She was nuts. Quite nice baiting out morg q for some free mana. ha team fights were quite tough dodging two snares, morg ult, and trynd and lee diving for me. Bashee's was nice though blocking one snare if i get hit, and then I save e for lux ult.

Alex really can't catch a break. Having a family and all, unless things really go in his favor I can see him retiring somewhat soon.

---

+30LP in a single match! I think this is my highest LP gain so far. #elotrain

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well my friend is just one win away from getting out of bronze hell and making it to silver. Don't know if I should help him on his last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom