• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
if it's any respite you won't be in the same league as your friends tho

the league thing doesn't work for shit heh

but yeah gold is a nice achievement to reach but don't be too stressed about it. it's just a border and a shitty skin. if you don't get it this season, you'll get it next one

also it's depressing that victorious morgana will make me own 3 morg skins since we got that morg skin for free when moving to latam server. i still use tree morg cos that's the best tho

Just play to get better. Rewards are nice but I didn't even hope to get them in S2. I was just not good enough to hit gold. I had friends in Plat at that time but I didn't let that bother me. I still have my Bronze S2 icon and I wear it proudly.

In S3 I had to put a lot of effort to get Gold. I think I got it in a span of 150 matches? Didn't exactly carry, but played above average fairly consistently. I kept jumping up and down between Silver 5 and Silver 2. Kept playing normals after stopping Gold V and practicing all roles especially non FotM champs.

I mostly stopped playing normals and just stuck to ARAM and Yoloqueue after getting 900 wins in normals. Yoloqueued my way to Gold 2 and judging from my LP gain I'll probably skip Plat 4 if I get promoted. I probably carried 20% of the time (aka getmy carry fed). 50 games so far.

pigeon

Banned
Why would you bench col Pr0lly and ROBERTxLEE?

I hope they dont replace RxL with Chaox....

From the press release it looks like RxL wanted to take a break. They're probably not super pleased about it given that they're having to hold tryouts for ADC.

Prolly has been benched twice already for team communication issues on different teams.

Korten

Banned
FUCKING BEEN DEMOTED TO SILVER II, literally didn't even let me lose one game at zero, game decided to just fucking send me back.

Fuck it, I give up. There's no point in trying, if I do good, everyone else does bad. I just fucking give up.

Every fucking game I get the same assholes who think they're hot shit... I just... FUCK.

At this point I'd get more done just smashing my head against a wall.

The dream just died.

Ferga

FUCKING BEEN DEMOTED TO SILVER II, literally didn't even let me lose one game at zero, game decided to just fucking send me back.

Fuck it, I give up. There's no point in trying, if I do good, everyone else does bad. I just fucking give up.

Every fucking game I get the same assholes who think they're hot shit... I just... FUCK.

The dream just died.

When you win/lose over 0lp in a decent amount of games (5 or so) and then drastically fall, the system makes it so when you fall to 0, you have already dropped the tier in terms of mmr.

Don't expect a grace period when you've already spent a reasonable amount of games in a tier that isn't tier 5. (badge demotion)

Sofo

The dream just died.

Game isn't going to pay your bills. Don't let it get you so worked up. I get your frustration but try to watch the replays of your games and analyze what you could have done better. Of course some games are unwinnable but even in those where you think you did well, there will be room for improvement.

Play to improve and not to win and eventually you'll get wherever division you wanna get to.

Pd. I'm an unranked scrublord but I think this is pretty sound advice no matter your rank/situation!

The dream just died.
End of the season ranked is far more toxic because of latecomers who want to just powergrind to gold.

If you managed to get to Silver 1 it's very likely you'll get Gold in the next season.

Edwardo

The dream just died.

Yea you only get a grace period right when you rank up. Once you gain some lp, it goes away.

Holy_Chic

Banned
End of the season ranked is far more toxic because of latecomers who want to just powergrind to gold.

If you managed to get to Silver 1 it's very likely you'll get Gold in the next season.

seems like everyone who was gold last season is plat this season. id guess its the same with silver and gold

Holy_Chic

Banned
Nah I've been stuck in Silver 1 two seasons in a row D:

well my only advice for people struggling is focus on self improvement. like theres been a few ppl raging in here lately. the first thing to realize is stop blaming your teams. anytime you blame others and not yourself youre never going to advance.

sure sometimes you can play well and deserve not to lose, but its another thing entirely where you play so well that you deserved to win because you stomped the game and actually carried. carrying your team versus just having a decent game/lane phase are two different things entirely.

if your not good enough to actually carry but stuck in silver then i would just mass normals and practice one role with maybe 1-2 champs. get really good at them and understand every matchup and go back into ranked and start your climb.

zkylon

zkylewd
Qbhe1GkrLaicwnFh

loved this vi

Yesterday played my first game on Team Builder with Janna. She is fun but most of the time we were 3v5, Mundo jungle disconnected and Riven purposely fed Cho'Gath, that ended up being bigger than Baron. ._. Really sucked because in the Team Builder prematch chat Riven seemed nice but ugh. Reported anyway.

Even then, I need to watch the replay on Janna because I was definitely overusing shield as well as staying in the back. I am just so scared of her squishiness! I tend to play tankier supports so when I play a squishy one, particularly now because it's the first time, I was too scared.
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1725047657/206655443

You usually keep Janna in the back to disengage/peel for your ADC. Shield is used defensively and offensively so if you have the mana don't be afraid to use it often.

seems like everyone who was gold last season is plat this season. id guess its the same with silver and gold
Last season I tried to grind through Silver to grab gold in time for the shitty Elise skin, never made it. Got gold literally the week after the cutoff for the rewards.

If you managed to get to the higher divisions, chances are you'll get in the next tier easy once people calm the fuck down. You're likely already playing with low Golds/Plats/Diamonds anyways.
loved this vi
What's with the heels and tutu

how to play zilean in the late game

1.) press E

2.) press W

3.) press Q if enemy is near

4.) press R when a carry is dying

5.) repeat because W has a 4 second cooldown.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how it's a 2 hour game and there is only one frigging red trinket

edit: lol syndra placed 4 fucking wards

what elo is this

Tizoc

how to play zilean in the late game

1.) press E

2.) press W

3.) press Q if enemy is near

4.) press R when a carry is dying

5.) repeat because W has a 4 second cooldown.

Don't you mean, Q, W, Q? The first bomb detonates if you put another one on the same target.

Hero

Anyone able to carry my Silver II ass to Gold in Duo Ranked? Was in Silver I and decayed due to some personal stuff and want to make sure I make gold this season.

i love how it's a 2 hour game and there is only one frigging red trinket

edit: lol syndra placed 4 fucking wards

what elo is this
challenged 5.

as to the zilean question, his incredible late game scaling is based off of the fact that he has a 30 second full revive once he gets his full CDR and can basically eternally spam his W and make assassins his bitch in fights.

He doesn't have the greatest damage scaling but he is impossible to beat out utility-wise, which makes him a huge threat past 35 minutes.

as to the zilean question, his incredible late game scaling is based off of the fact that he has a 30 second full revive once he gets his full CDR and can basically eternally spam his W and make assassins his bitch in fights.

He doesn't have the greatest damage scaling but he is impossible to beat out utility-wise, which makes him a huge threat past 35 minutes.
Yup. Zilean makes assassins irrelevant in situations that you desperately need someone deleted. Forget his damage, if you can't delete something 3 times back to back you're in a load of trouble

I can't even comprehend how to gain knowledge from these championship games. They're on such a level beyond me. The idea of lanes almost doesn't even exist---they shift between lanes so much. And they group up right off the bat for early team fights. Aaaand their ward placement aaallll over the place.

I must learn.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't even comprehend how to gain knowledge from these championship games. They're on such a level beyond me. The idea of lanes almost doesn't even exist---they shift between lanes so much. And they group up right off the bat for early team fights. Aaaand their ward placement aaallll over the place.

I must learn.
well competitive play is pretty different from solo queue. like if you watch streams you'll see high elo solo queue is played the same as you play, just, u know, better

watching competitive does help for like playing ranked 5s or stuff like that. i mean it'll help in general because you can understand a lot of important details that most ppl don't think about (power spikes, timing dragons, fast pushing vs freezing, team comps, vision control) but you know, one thing at a time

if you got any specific questions about competitive ppl can try and answer <3

or you can just watch ogn for the kpop like most people

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't see the problem. Yellow trinkets have a 35 minute cooldown on carries, right?

i'm often surprised by how much people wastes their trinkets, even my friends who are generally logical people. specially adcs, i'll see adcs put like 4 wards in a whole game

like what are you doing use that shit the second's off cooldown -_-

Feebastic

There's definitely something to be said for saving trinkets for chases/ attempted brush jukes/ etc and buying wards, but however you look at it 4 wards placed is nuts.

Q8D3vil

I think being toxic is really good for the game because there is chance the noobs u are cursing will stop playing it eventually.

#hopefullthinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom