• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Syndra provides way more utility and AOE over LB.

The reason I hate Syndra is because her ult turns her from a skillshot reliant burst mage to one who can miss most of her spells and just press R. And her Q costs like no mana. It's annoying but manageable.
have you ever even played the champion?

maybe its different in dumbfuck silver land but i have never seen a syndra 100/0 anyone after missing a q-e-w because most people are smart enough to realize that syndra has a massive level 6 power spike and avoid trying to fight her unless her stun's down.

Nekofrog

Banned
Not to mention that just pressing R is 100% bullshit anyway. Add in ball management micro to the list of things you need to be good at

DeadNames

Banned
have you ever even played the champion?

maybe its different in dumbfuck silver land but i have never seen a syndra 100/0 anyone after missing a q-e-w because most people are smart enough to realize that syndra has a massive level 6 power spike and avoid trying to fight her unless her stun's down.

Dude her Q is on like a 4 second CD and costs no mana with a decent hitbox. Her kill potential at 6 is bonkers when paired with her retarded poke.

Edit: what I'm trying to say is her laning phase is far too safe. And yes, I've played her.

Ferrio

Banned
Dude her Q is on like a 4 second CD and costs no mana with a decent hitbox. Her kill potential at 6 is bonkers when paired with her retarded poke.

Edit: what I'm trying to say is her laning phase is far too safe. And yes, I've played her.

You can make any champion in the game seem strong if you pick and choose their strengths like that to present in an argument. That's like classic LoL General Forums shit posting.

Not to mention she goes outta mana very quickly, so I don't know what your'e talking about. She's very vulnerable to ganks too.

holy shit its like talking to a brick wall with you.

syndra's only going to kill you if you

a.) stay below 50% health (which im guessing you do.)

b.) play like a pussy after she uses her stun

DeadNames

Banned
You can make any champion in the game seem strong if you pick and choose their strengths like that to present in an argument. That's like classic LoL General Forums shit posting.

Not to mention she goes outta mana very quickly, so I don't know what your'e talking about.

Maybe if you're spamming your spells literally every time they're off CD she'll go OOM.

If she's behind, she can just sit behind her minions and farm with Q

If she's ahead, she can just keep poking you and poking you and poking you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys are really overselling the complexity of Syndra. In reality she is one of the safest mages in the game, and she can stun fish for combos from unapproachable zones.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Guys Tankmo is fuckin OP

He just runs around everywhere dropping darts on everyone and you can't even kill him

rito pls nerf

DeadNames

Banned
You just contradicted your first sentence with your second one.

Not really. Nowhere in my second sentence did I say "spam your Q as soon as you can".

farming with it =! spamming it

You guys are really overselling the complexity of Syndra. In reality she is one of the safest mages in the game, and she can stun fish for combos from unapproachable zones.

Really though.

Edit: fav posters ATM: Nev and dimb, because they tell it like it is and they aren't afraid to voice their opinions.

Ferrio

Banned
Not really. Nowhere in my second sentence did I say "spam your Q as soon as you can".

farming with it =! spamming it

You can't farm with Q and not run outta mana. Maybe after chalice/athenes ya you can do it for a bit before going OOM, but before that..no way.

DeadNames

Banned
You can farm with Q and not run outta mana. Maybe after chalice/athenes ya you can do it for a bit before going OOM, but before that..no way.

Well no duh. If you're like level 3 and you QQQQQQQQQ all lane OFC you'll run go OOM.

But if you have chalice you're set.

Hey Ghost how does it feel knowing the Gnome Child is defacing your oh so precious waifu :^)

im not saying that she's hard (she's not) but you're really stretching how strong syndra is in the laning phase, acting like it's impossible to go near her without her killing you instantly even after missing everything.

every mage in the game is going to kill you if they poke you with their spells and then you're dumb enough to stay. it's not like syndra's the only one that can do this. orianna, zed, yasuo, fizz, etc etc will do the exact same thing to you if you don't respect their level 6 power spikes. it's not exclusive to syndra.

Hey Ghost how does it feel knowing the Gnome Child is defacing your oh so precious waifu :^)
7700c781f50a1962d110cd52518b694c.png

nice to know you're trying so hard to annoy me.

no lie, you remind me of this guy i once knew on bnet.
lol funny. All Ive ever been accused of ITG is driding Whale and nobody knows the truth, here goes. When Whale and I met back in H3, we were both around the same skill, you could even say I was a bit better. He had never played on any of his 50s before and was worried about losing them, but I knew he had the skill and I encouraged him and gave him a push and we ended up searching doubles on our 50s together. We ended up being really good, not because we had amazing teamwork or anything, Whale was always the one with the teamwork but my shot could get me out of any situation and make for some nasty plays. It was the perfect combination of brains and gunskill.

As we progressed, my skill kind of capped and Whale just kept getting better and better and its been frustrating all these years watching as he's become a top tier player and Ive remained a worthless random that will (lets face it) never get any respect from anybody and always be known as second best and overshadowed by "the mighty killer whale" Fact of the matter is we were a really good team for H3, we could beat just about anybody in default 2s and if we ever lost, it was usually because of dumb mistakes. The only pair that ever really outskilled us beyond repair was Cell (L L e C) and Pwnage. We were really good and I tried establishing a friendship with Brian because I thought he was funny and cool and enjoyed hanging out with him, and on top of that we wrecked. Turns out he never really had the same interest. I guess he just played with me because we won games. I still remember after 3 or 4 years of playing together I was like: "Yo Brian, im not as good at reach so I wont be on a lot add me on FB brah" and I still remember his response: "sorry I dont add random people off the internet." TL;DR we never had a friendship to begin with I suppose, as much as I would have liked one.

Fast forward to Reach and the team sucks, Whale plays really passive and I play extremely agressive, we both look for the exact opposite types of openings to engage the enemy. We are literally 100% disfunctional as a team. I try my best to play differently to support him but no matter how hard I try I end up dropping atrocious negative bombs (althroughout reach) to people I could literally steak no problem with other teammates.Pretty upset right now dont remember why I posted this probably to get the point across we met as more or less equals and were friends long before he became better than me so i think its sad i get called a drider when I played with whale before everybody on FT secured a spot on his nuts and now whenever i want to play with an old friend, I am a dependent drider according to everybody, you can just tell the view everybody else must have by gunkomas post

zkylon

zkylewd
well i consider syndra to be among my "mains" and i'd say that imo a few things are right and some are wrong

a) she's a lane bully and if the one playing her is pretty decent at skillshots she's gonna make you miserable. she can w a minion into you, then qe and aa and do all of that without retaliation. if you're not good at playing the matchup she's gonna shit on you. lane bullies work this way, also true for ori, ziggs, zed, azir, you name it. she's the (old) renekton of mid lane, if she knows how to play she's gonna win lane because she's that strong. learn how to play around it and the magic that is building correctly and taking advantage of power spikes and ganks and you'll be winning lane and carrying games in no time

b) her r is not a hurr durr kill button. that's just stupid and completely unaware of how the champion works. syndra needs a fair bit of setup to one shoot you and it often requires using ignite. in most cases you won't get 100-0'd so that's really a non issue. as for it not being a skillshot, well, welcome to league of legends where champions have kits that go beyond one specific skill. if syndra ult wasn't a skillshot it'd actually be even stronger as when you're usually killing someone they're stunned so it's not like you would miss that shit anyways

c) like soda says it's true she's not that hard to play. she's got a high skillcap but she's not the monumental feat that she's sometimes made to be. she's super strong in lane and being able to q, w and r while moving helps a lot with positioning.

d) i also agree her stun width should be nerfed. maybe not jarvan eq levels but really making picks with syndra is a bit too easy right now and she can take the nerf and it would help counterplay and all that crap

e) mana issues wtf no mid has mana issues why are you even talking about this is beyond me

7700c781f50a1962d110cd52518b694c.png

nice to know you're trying so hard to annoy me.

no lie, you remind me of this guy i once knew on bnet.
what's bnet

some of us aren't into your leetspeak lingo

zkylon

zkylewd
huh

is it something dirty

That's not a problem with syndra, that's a problem with chalice. Which yes I agree chalice is a stupid fucking item.
i'm still wondering if the game would be more fun if you could spam less

i mean the game should be absolutely balanced as it's not like you're missing 80% of your spells and just shooting randomly, so say you can cast half as many spells and they were higher impact

would that be better?

like there's already doto

pigeon

Banned
There were sure a lot of shots fired in this thread!

For the record, I don't know that Riot would actually want to cut max mana pool, I was just brainstorming ways to make max mana and mana regen differentiated. The easy answer is to create situations of short-term demand (burst) and long-term demand (sustain), which generally means increasing costs.

There are other alternatives! Like all mana regen could be percentage of base mana, and then max mana and mana regen are multiplicative stats for mages. I dunno. Again, fundamentally, what I'd like to understand is what Riot wants mana to actually do.

applies to fighters and bruisers and melee champions all the same

yeah i'm thinking cases like kass or kog ults in which mana costs go high up to levels that are impossible to sustain with just athenes

maybe making some more champions rely on that with very pronounced highs and lows?

or something?

i'm really curious what riot means with all of this, i kinda wish they hadn't said anything as this just makes me confused

Oh yeah, Kog and Kass are actually a really good point. It really seems like sometimes Riot wants to use mana as a pretty hard gating mechanism, sometimes Riot wants to use mana to soak up your itemization slots, and sometimes Riot just puts mana on people because they feel bad about making manaless champs. They need to differentiate more! That is a lot for one mechanic to handle.

When I read their comment the thing I actually thought of was in-combat vs. out-of-combat health and mana regen. But the more I thought about that the more I don't know that it really works, because in general you're always in combat while you're in lane. So all it does is give you an option to back "a little bit" and get your out-of-combat regen. Doesn't make a big difference. We'll have to wait and see! It's like only a week to wait.

Ok, that's it. I'm done with League. Quinn is so broken and Rito is doing nothing to fix this freelo chump. What other champion can 100/0 you within a fraction of a second and just fly away in order to escape follow up? If you are going to have her kit contain so much flexibility, reduce her dmg output. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if she replaces Urgot as the premiere ADC for marksman mains. Garbage.

#Kappa

pigeon

Banned
i'm still wondering if the game would be more fun if you could spam less

i mean the game should be absolutely balanced as it's not like you're missing 80% of your spells and just shooting randomly, so say you can cast half as many spells and they were higher impact

would that be better?

like there's already doto

I honestly don't think so. I like casting spells! It makes you feel like your champion is doing something.

You know what champion has higher-power spells with longer cooldowns making them individually more relevant?

Tristana.

Einbroch

Banned
Ok, that's it. I'm done with League. Quinn is so broken and Rito is doing nothing to fix this freelo chump. What other champion can 100/0 you within a fraction of a second and just fly away in order to escape follow up? If you are going to have her kit contain so much flexibility, reduce her dmg output. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if she replaces Urgot as the premiere ADC for marksman mains. Garbage.

#Kappa

Finally someone sees how great Quinn is.

zkylon

zkylewd
its a super exclusive club for people who tried too hard in halo.

ewww

yeah it's actually fairly interesting because making mana regen and mana stacking easier to differentiate is a cool idea but also it's a very important part of the game like it is right now

like every role has "enabler items" that allow them to do their job. maybe you change the order in which you buy them but an adc that doesn't buy ie is prolly gonna be pretty damn useless. or a support without sighstone or boots 5 or whatever.

i think the big problem with mana is that a cool thing about mages is mana management and you're effectively buying an item to remove a mechanic from the game. that's kind of lame i think but you know, it's what you need to do your job, it's like a jungler without a machete, it doesn't work

so yeah i think it's interesting and tbh i would like to see what riot comes up with but i feel like, say, removing athenes altogether would be a pretty scary proposition

league is a game of little moments, of skirmishes and poking and catching people and all that. having more people go oom more often doesn't sound like it would add much fun to the game

i would be interested tbh in seeing more ap items build out of chalice, items that maybe add some damage based on your current mana, silly stuff like that

like give us more things to do, not less

I honestly don't think so. I like casting spells! It makes you feel like your champion is doing something.
yeah, that's the thing

high fire rate skillshot thing is just fun

but you know, game mechanics

OK. Just played my second game with Thresh, and he is definitely fun as hell. Ended 3/6/18, so I think I did decent? I think my biggest piece I need to work on is figuring out which champions are dangerous to pull in, and which aren't. I assume I don't want to pull any tanky-tanks for ADCs in?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There's something strange with dominion and twisted treeline. For some reason, my allies and enemies sometimes act like they're bots. I have never seen this happen until a week ago. They stand perfectly under tower and take hits, buy weird items in specific orders, don't respond, and just seem to wander. Just look at the two garen's build. Identical. Are people getting crafty and creating botting algorithms?

There's something strange with dominion and twisted treeline. For some reason, my allies and enemies sometimes act like they're bots. I have never seen this happen until a week ago. They stand perfectly under tower and take hits, buy weird items in specific orders, don't respond, and just seem to wander. Just look at the two garen's build. Identical. Are people getting crafty and creating botting algorithms?
Dominion is my favorite game mode, but it is absolutely riddled with bots. I was stubborn and kept on playing, until about a month ago. It became so bad that I played a game where myself and 1 person on the other team were the only non-bots. Based off your screenshot, they may have changed up the bot dynamics again? By the time I quit, the tell-tale sign of a bot was that they immediately spent all their gold on tier 2 boots, then rushed for spirit visage. Also, the whole standing-under-towers thing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Dominion is my favorite game mode, but it is absolutely riddled with bots. I was stubborn and kept on playing, until about a month ago. It became so bad that I played a game where myself and 1 person on the other team were the only non-bots. Based off your screenshot, they may have changed up the bot dynamics again? By the time I quit, the tell-tale sign of a bot was that they immediately spent all their gold on tier 2 boots, then rushed for spirit visage. Also, the whole standing-under-towers thing.
I looked on the riot board and it does seem to have changed.
(image from 2013)
They sure changed the algorithms.

Bacon

Got 22 kills as Lucian, no one knows how to peel for me against yi, yi walks right up to me and kills me in about three autos.

We had malphite, ap trist, thresh and fidd.

Malphite and trist say they have to ult Ashe because she's the adc, even though Ashe is so far behind she is doing negative damage.

Ahh the pleasures of low elo.

Newt

Got 22 kills as Lucian, no one knows how to peel for me against yi, yi walks right up to me and kills me in about three autos.

We had malphite, ap trist, thresh and fidd.

Malphite and trist say they have to ult Ashe because she's the adc, even though Ashe is so far behind she is doing negative damage.

Ahh the pleasures of low elo.
Should've went with Sivir. (Faster than Yi)

Bacon

What should I buy on Lucian when I'm super fed like that? I think my build path was infinity->Cdr boots->bortk->lw->ga->bt. I felt like I fell off at the end a little bit so I'm wondering if I itemized wrong.

Newt

What should I buy on Lucian when I'm super fed like that? I think my build path was infinity->Cdr boots->bortk->lw->ga->bt. I felt like I fell off at the end a little bit so I'm wondering if I itemized wrong.
Yeah, you itemized wrong.

If you're super fed go, IE>Zerkers>PD>BT/LW>GA

Bacon

Yeah, you itemized wrong.

If you're super fed go, IE>Zerkers>PD>BT/LW>GA

Ahh thanks! I'm trying to get better at adc so there's a bit of a learning curve right now. I haven't really played adc since the item changes in 4.10 or whatever it was.

zkylon

zkylewd
OK. Just played my second game with Thresh, and he is definitely fun as hell. Ended 3/6/18, so I think I did decent? I think my biggest piece I need to work on is figuring out which champions are dangerous to pull in, and which aren't. I assume I don't want to pull any tanky-tanks for ADCs in?

yea don't pull the tanky tanks

also i'd say most engages post lane are not worth double q'ing on

just let your team follow up, you're better suited flaying people off your carries than their carries into your frontline

not every time but generally speaking some threshes i see get the lee sin q thing of always following up on qs and end up doing their teams no favors

also 3/6/18 is a good score gj

Blizzard

Banned
I just came up with the next skill idea for Riot.

There are at least three tether skills that break if you get out of range, a pull-to-yourself (Blitz), some pull-to-them (Thresh, Leona), and a pull-to-middle (Nautilus).

But maybe a new skillshot or ultimate skill could apply a tether that cannot be broken for a couple of seconds. If it's a skillshot then that would allow counterplay. The idea would be that if someone flashes or ghosts away, it will drag you along with them so that they cannot fully escape until the tether breaks.

Ferrio

Banned
I just came up with the next skill idea for Riot.

There are at least three tether skills that break if you get out of range, a pull-to-yourself (Blitz), some pull-to-them (Thresh, Leona), and a pull-to-middle (Nautilus).

But maybe a new skillshot or ultimate skill could apply a tether that cannot be broken for a couple of seconds. If it's a skillshot then that would allow counterplay. The idea would be that if someone flashes or ghosts away, it will drag you along with them so that they cannot fully escape until the tether breaks.

So skarners ult?

edit: Oh ... wait read it wrong. That'd be a horrible skill, it's like asking them to drag you into their team. Like those horrible times you Mao W to someone, they flash and you go along for the ride.

Blizzard

Banned
So skarners ult?

edit: Oh ... wait read it wrong. That'd be a horrible skill, it's like asking them to drag you into their team. Like those horrible times you Mao W to someone, they flash and you go along for the ride.
Yes, precisely like Mao W or Vi R taking you along for the ride, which can be really bad, but the idea being that you could actually do autoattacks and skills and AOE at the same time, unlike those cases. And you could potentially press the button again to break the tether yourself if it looks bad.

maybe an ult that roots both players right next to each other in melee range

kinda like legion commander
This might be more fun, but there are plenty of ways to root people already. You can then stand still yourself to simulate the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom