• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
How to solve ping issue: license wtf fast for a premium league of legends account system that includes all champions unlocked and free access to all runes. And don't forget you get Free rotating skin every week. All for the low low price of just 9.99 a month!

What was that price again?

9.99!

Join the lolnetwork today and get a free lolipoppy skin

9.99!

garath

NA getting new servers in November

Suck it, EUW

Yay new servers. No more DDoS?

Boo west coast still. Fuck you riot.

To clarify the hearty fuck you, even if they manage to improve routing to the tune of maybe getting 80ms at best, it is still stupid. Having central servers would give the entire country between 40-60 as opposed to completely shafting a whole side of the country with 80+ ping.

Ferrio

Banned
Yay new servers. No more DDoS?

Boo west coast still. Fuck you riot.

To clarify the hearty fuck you, even if they manage to improve routing to the tune of maybe getting 80ms at best, it is still stupid. Having central servers would give the entire country between 40-60 as opposed to completely shafting a whole side of the country with 80+ ping.

My ping would go up about 50-70 if they put it centrally.

pigeon

Banned
i dunno about the mana regen thing

i maybe would rather have the difference between having lots of mana and having lots of mana regen to be accentuated more than just removing one buying option altogether -_-

That would probably mean reducing base mana pool and max mana items, so that buying max mana was the "burst" option and buying regen was the "sustain" option. Tough to balance effectively, but could be interesting.

In some ways the real problem with mana balancing is that there are too many champions that have mana as an explicit non-resource, like Volibear. Basically it's clear from their design that a lot of champs aren't meant to be gated by mana but for some reason have mana as a resource anyway. I am not sure what the point of that is, but maybe they need to go through and take that off some of them.

Am I the only player who hardly touches Athenes? I guess I understand the nice resist side of it, if needed. But with the Chalice of Harmony, I never run out of mana for the rest of the game.

Having bursty mages that go oom fast would guarantee that they would never be played ever again

Annie is very much playable even if you don't buy any regen on her. So was Diana when she was good.

Burst + low mana pool is fine. DPS + low mana that is unplayable.
Am I the only player who hardly touches Athenes? I guess I understand the nice resist side of it, if needed. But with the Chalice of Harmony, I never run out of mana for the rest of the game.
You upgrade Chalice for the damage, CDR and the extra MP5 passives, not for the MR. If you're going to just sit on a Chalice might as well just buy tear.

third ranked game in a row where i win lane easily but mid and bot feed 10+ kills in under 10 minutes. T.T

t'was 5-30 @ 15 min

the struggle is real.

Leezard

i know but i'm not good enough to deal with a 8-0 trist at 12 min while my lane gets pushed in hard.

Then the opponents won their lane much harder than you won yours. If the opponents win both mid and bot, you really shouldn't expect to win the game by winning top.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh, I read it as mid. Point still stands, TP down bot, gank the lane, force dragons and TP back up top, you're only irrelevant if you want to be.

Against an 8/0 tris at 12 mins? If a trist is that fed that early you going to trust that bot lane to actually back you up on this?

it's not like i did nothing against it, in fact i was the player that tried the hardest to still win while all other players just gave up.

i'm just saying that i'm not good enough to deal against a similar skilled player with way more kills than me at the 10 min mark. i'm trying to be but atm i'm not.

Against an 8/0 tris at 12 mins? If a trist is that fed that early you going to trust that bot lane to actually back you up on this?
u cant play like a bitch as a tp top laner. contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of extremely strong early game champs that can take tp like a lulu or a riven and they can fuck people up. also, if the trist is 8/0, you may as well take the chance to shut her down before she can get her 3rd big item and become god.

Leezard

i'm top tho

i know. i'm not complaining, just saying that i'm not good enough to deal with it. (and i got it three times in a row)

You can't carry all games, that's a fact. Sometimes shit gets so out of hand nobody could salvage it. Luckily it averages out over time, even if it feels bad when it happens in back-to-back games.

You might have been able to do stuff differently to pull out a win, but sometimes it just gets out of hand, especially when teammates give up.

Nekofrog

Banned
top lel

so now they actually have to think about using their spells instead of poking you down then pressing R on you (Hi, Syndra!)

No it's just the fact that even if they burst down a target then they're probably out of the fight too making it a 1 for 1 trade without even dying. Then they more of a liability than ever because when veils and ga's start showing up then there's literally no use for them

We already see this with shit like LeBlanc even before her nerf. Can get fed as fuck but once those items come out offers next to nothing. So now a burst mana gated champ will fall of faster in multiple ways.

You're like singlehandedly the worst poster in this thread because you don't understand the most basic of champion concepts, then when it's pointed out to you the reason for their existence and why they work the way they do and that there are counters you ignore it and keep bitching pages and pages later

If you're going to do nothing then might as well AFK in base until 20 minutes.

I agree. The game is lost, what do you have to lose? You can continue farming your lane until they 5-man gank you top, your team starts flaming each other, and then refuse to surrender at 20.

Or you can make your way bot, die, and learn that if the Trist was 2-0 instead of 8-0 you would've won that fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
top lel

so now they actually have to think about using their spells instead of poking you down then pressing R on you (Hi, Syndra!)
applies to fighters and bruisers and melee champions all the same

That would probably mean reducing base mana pool and max mana items, so that buying max mana was the "burst" option and buying regen was the "sustain" option. Tough to balance effectively, but could be interesting.

In some ways the real problem with mana balancing is that there are too many champions that have mana as an explicit non-resource, like Volibear. Basically it's clear from their design that a lot of champs aren't meant to be gated by mana but for some reason have mana as a resource anyway. I am not sure what the point of that is, but maybe they need to go through and take that off some of them.
yeah i'm thinking cases like kass or kog ults in which mana costs go high up to levels that are impossible to sustain with just athenes

maybe making some more champions rely on that with very pronounced highs and lows?

or something?

i'm really curious what riot means with all of this, i kinda wish they hadn't said anything as this just makes me confused

Bacon

No it's just the fact that even if they burst down a target then they're probably out of the fight too making it a 1 for 1 trade without even dying. Then they more of a liability than ever because when veils and ga's start showing up then there's literally no use for them

We already see this with shit like LeBlanc even before her nerf. Can get fed as fuck but once those items come out offers next to nothing. So now a burst mana gated champ will fall of faster in multiple ways.

You're like singlehandedly the worst poster in this thread because you don't understand the most basic of champion concepts, then when it's pointed out to you the reason for their existence and why they work the way they do and that there are counters you ignore it and keep bitching pages and pages later

The ether coming out tonight.

Nekofrog

Banned
Like I get some people's hate of ziggs when he was stronger. I didn't agree with it but I understood it. I just can't fathom hating syndra the way she is right now. She has basic mechanics that people can pick her up and be ok with her but to actually be good with her you need a lot of practice in positioning, lane matchups, and power spikes. It's also easy to outplay Her based on your own positioning

DeadNames

Banned

Except Syndra provides way more utility and AOE over LB.

The reason I hate Syndra is because her ult turns her from a skillshot reliant burst mage to one who can miss most of her spells and just press R. And her Q costs like no mana. It's annoying but manageable.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Syndra isn't a broken champ overall, but she's like Annie in lower elo. What I mean by that is her lack of escape doesn't really mean anything, as positioning doesn't mean jack shit down here.

When I'm playing Syndra in silver, I don't have to worry about the other team peeling for their squishies. I can just walk right in, nuke them and walk out lol. Annie might be even easier.

Nekofrog

Banned
Except Syndra provides way more utility and AOE over LB.

The reason I hate Syndra is because her ult turns her from a skillshot reliant burst mage to one who can miss most of her spells and just press R. And her Q costs like no mana. It's annoying but manageable.

Ok

Go on and get in range to try and use that utility.

Better make sure you have perfect positioning and timing on your skillshots or you ain't coming out alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom