• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

just get rid of mana entirely

you have no mana burn, break or leak so whatever

the only champs that have mana problems are really old and could do with a re balance anyhow

embrace the spam
I play a really old champion that has been rebalanced but still has ridiculous mana problems.

zkylon

zkylewd
would be interesting if they made more mana refund thingies

i really like that mechanic in dorans rings

Mana does still matter a lot for laning and during mid game for most champs

the spam is overstated

yeah that's why i said you buy one item and your problem is gone -_-

don't u people ever read

Sofo

Kinda scared of these changes. I've gotten to the point where I am really comfortable with the game to a point. ._.

drawkcaB

Mana does still matter a lot for laning and during mid game for most champs

the spam is overstated

Yeah, like I enjoy the intended functions of mana, energy, and other resources, but I never felt like Riot truly got a handle on how to balance it all out properly.

I personally dislike blue buff because several champions, particularly mid mages, are balanced around the belief that they will have access to it. Well, turns out that's not a guarantee which led to the need for Athene's which then led to, etc.

I'd much rather Riot re-evaluate the need for either blue and red buff. It would be neat to make it a team wide buff of some sort.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, like I enjoy the intended functions of mana, energy, and other resources, but I never felt like Riot truly got a handle on how to balance it all out properly.

I personally dislike blue buff because several champions, particularly mid mages, are balanced around the belief that they will have access to it. Well, turns out that's not a guarantee which led to the need for Athene's which then led to, etc.

I'd much rather Riot re-evaluate the need for either blue and red buff. It would be neat to make it a team wide buff of some sort.

i dunno i think buffs are actually a really fun mechanic that make a lot of interesting stuff happen. making it a team wide thing removes the element of forcing a jungler to smite it to deny it from the mid laner/adc and also makes it so that something that happens top can turn around a fight on the other side of the map

i don't like that idea at all

i mean i really don't think the athenes rush is too big of an issue but it is an issue and better to fix it now than deal with it later i guess

Like 5 but really 4 because no one plays urgot.
lol you cray

i can't even think of on adc outside of noot's troll builds that buys essence reaver

not even ezreal or corki or other adcs that should theoretically be all over it

Are there any charts/stats on when it's better for an ADC to use auto-attacks instead of skills? For example, at what point in itemization/level/etc. is it better for Ashe to just AA instead of using Volley?

drawkcaB

i don't like that idea at all

So you think there would be less action around an objective that everyone on each team has a stake in obtaining as opposed to an objective that one person will benefit from? You think that if the opportunity arose to deny the opposing team a team-wide buff by smiting the objective, the jungler wouldn't bother?

...it's like saying people don't want to fight over Drag or Baron. I don't get where you're coming from.

Lone_Prodigy said:
is it better for Ashe to just AA instead of using Volley?

A chart? Can't imagine. I've never come across such a thing personally.

Personally, did the skill cause me to stop moving when in a position to receive damage or does the animation interrupt my AA flow when I'm in AA range? Answer yes to either question starting mid-game and I don't use the skill.

Are there any charts/stats on when it's better for an ADC to use auto-attacks instead of skills? For example, at what point in itemization/level/etc. is it better for Ashe to just AA instead of using Volley?

I still dont know where to use Cait's Q but I rarely use it outside hitting running enemies to their tower

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm not even sure if Urgot buys that.

Jayce and Blue Ezreal are the only champions that I can think of that might want that thing, and even then I rarely if ever see Jayce players buying that.

There's also Newt but he's a weirdo
Well i counted ezreal, corki, lucian, koggy, and urgot. I forgot about jayce.
Newt is his own champ.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think that's chart-able

and i'd say that it always depends on the champion

like caitlyn is gonna want to auto a lot more than lucy

So you think there would be less action around an objective that everyone on each team has a stake in obtaining as opposed to an objective that one person will benefit from? You think that if the opportunity arose to deny the opposing team a team-wide buff by smiting the objective, the jungler wouldn't bother?

...it's like saying people don't want to fight over Drag or Baron. I don't get where you're coming from.
i'm saying we already have baron and dragon for that while buffs are unique in that they only benefit someone

like if you have yasuo mid you can give blue buff to corki or kog for poke. or if enemy mid is anivia you can try and force enemy jungler to smite the blue buff to deny it from anivia. you can also make the decision to who you give the kills so that the buffs can transfer (say blue for mid, red for adc)

you lose all of that and instead get another baron

i don't think that's more interesting at all

pigeon

Banned

It's not really a contest -- you should auto-attack, cancel the post-attack animation with a Volley, and then auto-attack again. Same with Cait's Q, etc.

i don't think that's chart-able

and i'd say that it always depends on the champion

like caitlyn is gonna want to auto a lot more than lucy
no lucian and other caster ads auto just as much as cait.

they have to use abilities between autos to maximize triforce or passive damage. otherwise 50% of their damage is gone.

Leezard

I don't even buy it.

Oh, you've stopped buying it on Sivir now? Then we can safely say barely anyone buys it

It's not really a contest -- you should auto-attack, cancel the post-attack animation with a Volley, and then auto-attack again. Same with Cait's Q, etc.

Cait can't do that once she gets a decent attack speed. She will reduce her own damage output.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Essence Reaver isn't truly good until it gets a component that gives mana back each hit, rather than having to complete the item.

By the time you have it finished, mana isn't that big a concern.

Newt

Essence Reaver isn't truly good until it gets a component that gives mana back each hit, rather than having to complete the item.

By the time you have it finished, mana isn't that big a concern.
Essence Reaver if actually fine as is. The problem is that IE is way too good.

I wouldn't want them to change the components.

Newt

huh how is that any different from what i said -_-
lol, gotta get dem posts in

1b6f597930663711e07215738a5651ea.png

Tizoc

Time to try ADC Twisted Fate.
I don't know who my support is...
Although Trinity TF could work but I'm going with a build a gaffer recommended.

Well i counted ezreal, corki, lucian, koggy, and urgot. I forgot about jayce.
Newt is his own champ.
None of those aside from Blue Ez build it. Corki and Lucian hardly have any mana problems, Kog is too busy getting actual damage to worry about resources, Urgot does not auto enough to justify getting it.

Ferrio

Banned
Just up default mana regen really high, but regen is disabled for X seconds after taking damage.

Or not, I don't know. At that point mana is pretty much energy.

drawkcaB

Oh god he convinced someone to do it.

And so it has come to pass.

Jesus Christ, how does zkylon has almost as many posts as the next two people combined?

Ferrio said:
Just up default mana regen really high, but regen is disabled for X seconds after taking damage.

Or not, I don't know. At that point mana is pretty much energy.

IIRC the intent for mana as a resource is that it acts as a significant gate early on, but largely goes away between champion and item stats as the match progresses. Seems like adjustments to mana and not mana regen, or make mana regen exponential would let it keep it's distinction from energy.

Ferrio

Banned
And so it has come to pass.

Jesus Christ, how does zkylon has almost as many posts as the next two people combined?

IIRC the intent for mana as a resource is that it acts as a significant gate early on, but largely goes away between champion and item stats as the match progresses. Seems like adjustments to mana and not mana regen, or make mana regen exponential would let it keep it's distinction from energy.

Maybe base mana regen on Max mana, and nix any mana regen items completely?

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno about the mana regen thing

i maybe would rather have the difference between having lots of mana and having lots of mana regen to be accentuated more than just removing one buying option altogether -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom