• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're throwing ability ideas out---give me a champion who has an ult that pulls another champion and himself into an alternate reality. 5-10 seconds maybe? After time, you both return. You could pull squishy support and make clean work of them. If you pull an ADC though, and get whacked, the ability immediately ends. Just seems like a fun idea, to be in a team fight and two people disappear.

bokn

Banned
And then neither of you can leave until somebody dies

I'm still gunning for a champion that creates clickable holes in the ground that teleport ppl to the other end

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
While we're throwing ability ideas out---give me a champion who has an ult that pulls another champion and himself into an alternate reality. 5-10 seconds maybe? After time, you both return. You could pull squishy support and make clean work of them. If you pull an ADC though, and get whacked, the ability immediately ends. Just seems like a fun idea, to be in a team fight and two people disappear.
Riot would have a hard time doing that on their engines. I mean, they used minion coding as the wall of jarvans ult for a while. So it probably won't be possible until they released a new game.

DeadNames

Banned
Sigh, I hate how I have to carry along with me Elo terrorists like Vel'kozes who AFK the entire match and Kha'Zixes who build Bork.

I just came up with the next skill idea for Riot.

There are at least three tether skills that break if you get out of range, a pull-to-yourself (Blitz), some pull-to-them (Thresh, Leona), and a pull-to-middle (Nautilus).

But maybe a new skillshot or ultimate skill could apply a tether that cannot be broken for a couple of seconds. If it's a skillshot then that would allow counterplay. The idea would be that if someone flashes or ghosts away, it will drag you along with them so that they cannot fully escape until the tether breaks.
just play dota bro you described batrider :/

clemenx

Banned
I just suffered the terrors of a Zed throwing described in this thread :(

Dude was actually good laning but it seems he thought he could 1v5 everytime after midgame.

Dude was actually good laning but it seems he thought he could 1v5 everytime after midgame.
This drives me crazy, and seems to happen 24/7. You get a Zed, Yi, Akali, etc. who does a great job in lane---perhaps they've been fed a decent amount? They get to a point where they win every 1 v 1 engagement. Then their dick grows one too many sizes for their britches. At this point, the teams have grouped up. But no. Not Super Zed. This guy looks for every opportunity to not be with the team during team fights. And for every opportunity to run 1 v 2, 3, 4, 5. These games are easily won if Super Zed would just stay with the group, but his head has grown too large to listen to any suggestions of sanity.

I want to break my monitor every time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can't play this game without troll team-mates.
d5de7bc59d94dbcac875ae9a9a6071c4.png

NeoGAF Troll Adventures in Normals (Heimer)

Videographic proof of horrible horrible Sivir trolling.

Ferrio

Banned

Very similiar to void's ult premise, but slightly cooler.

pigeon

Banned
Okay, I guess I can't play Mundo :(

Five games in a row lost in the exact same way -- laning goes fine with maybe one lane getting somewhat behind, then for some reason in teamfights we just come totally apart. I'm generally the last to die, but there are usually two or three left on their team.

With this much consistency I'm guessing I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm definitely not winning lane by much, and I'm not sure how to engage a 5v5 effectively (when my team is even together). I'm just missing something about how Mundo works.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
mundo is trash tier so its okay
Whoa. I won't stand for this.

Five games in a row lost in the exact same way -- laning goes fine with maybe one lane getting somewhat behind, then for some reason in teamfights we just come totally apart. I'm generally the last to die, but there are usually two or three left on their team.

With this much consistency I'm guessing I must be doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm definitely not winning lane by much, and I'm not sure how to engage a 5v5 effectively (when my team is even together). I'm just missing something about how Mundo works.
Maybe you're just not building him right? I dunno. Only other thing I can think of is that you are missing cleavers. It's usually better to peel than to dive, you'll survive longer than their frontline and Mundo is pretty strong against other tanks. You don't really have to engage on Mundo in 5v5s because his poke is incredible, but if you want to it's just ult and cleavers to force a fight in open territory.

nbraun80

Even winning lane by a little is a plus for mundo because he's building for late game. generally you want to get a SV pretty quick unless its an all ad comp or something. But honestly, Mundo is awesome and fun to play, BUT without a team that understands that you're a late game champ and to not feed a lot before 30 it's hard to play him in solo que. You're much better off just playing a carry champ top lane than a mega tank and be worthless because it's 15-3 20 minutes in.

Sofo

This drives me crazy, and seems to happen 24/7. You get a Zed, Yi, Akali, etc. who does a great job in lane---perhaps they've been fed a decent amount? They get to a point where they win every 1 v 1 engagement. Then their dick grows one too many sizes for their britches. At this point, the teams have grouped up. But no. Not Super Zed. This guy looks for every opportunity to not be with the team during team fights. And for every opportunity to run 1 v 2, 3, 4, 5. These games are easily won if Super Zed would just stay with the group, but his head has grown too large to listen to any suggestions of sanity.

I always enjoy when there's a Zed in the enemy team. You KNOW they will get that false sense after winning lane (if they do). It's even funnier when you see them without Sweeper and waiting in a warded bush. Frigging idiots.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's really easy to have good laning with zed, i can't play him for shit and have gotten first bloods and have zoned enemy mids, etc.

his skill floor kicks after laning when you have to actually be useful in some way and that's when everybody fumbles

just dodge zeds, they all suck

the thing is, playing yi or akali or kat to a useful level doesn't require as much not throwing ability as zed does. they just go to a teamfight sort of mash all the buttons and if the other team's none the wiser they win. with zed it's so easy to shut him down in teamfights, so it's worse if you group but also you can just send your supertank to deal with splitpushing zed and most of the times they won't know how to deal with that situation and you'll just get your easy 4v4 or even 5v4 if zed goes to do wraiths while your supertank tps in

seriously zed is the most dodgeable champion the game imo

or like maybe azir

i'm like 4-0 with azir tho so maybe he's secret op or something

probably isn't too bad with jinx get a damage and AS boost. The deathcap is a worse choice to me, rather than a Mikaels
imo deathcap is better

but both are terrible

Newt

probably isn't too bad with jinx get a damage and AS boost. The deathcap is a worse choice to me, rather than a Mikaels
It's really bad. Ardent Cencor is never good in any situation. If there's a need for offensive stats, Zekes should be the choice.

Regarding Zeke's... was I dreaming? I remember reading something where Riot thought it was awkward for a support to buy Vampiric Scepter as an ingredient but it's still part of the recipe for Zeke's.

zkylon

zkylewd
all of them

snowy sivir's pretty rad

Are you using your charges on your gold item? I'd expect you to have more gold than what you ended up with! Or maybe it's the masteries? GJ though!
tank gp10 is pretty bad, i always sell it for shurelyas. he has 25 cs so i'd say he used it a fair bit

also u should try and get mobi boots with threshie specially against a low cc team like that one

tho lvl 25 so nvm

Are you using your charges on your gold item? I'd expect you to have more gold than what you ended up with! Or maybe it's the masteries? GJ though!
I was doing pretty bad with that actually...I could not possibly tell you why, but I kept confusing when I actually had a charge to use. I have it all squared away now. I saw "1" on my little icon and I would say, "Oh. I have a charge" and then kill a minion and get nothing. I don't know why it took me so long to put together what was going on---I think I was just focused too much on everything else. I quickly became afraid of angering my bot buddy by screwing up when I had a charge ready or not that I hardly touched minions and used my charges. It seems silly and dumb, but I blame it on new champ and new role. I'm about to go into a 4th game. We'll see how it goes.

TomShoe

Banned
Godddddddd Fuck Riot.

Stupid West Coast bullshit. Looks like us East Coast second class citizens will be stuck at 100+ ping forever. Fuck them. I'm moving to LAN.

Sofo

I was doing pretty bad with that actually...I could not possibly tell you why, but I kept confusing when I actually had a charge to use. I have it all squared away now. I saw "1" on my little icon and I would say, "Oh. I have a charge" and then kill a minion and get nothing. I don't know why it took me so long to put together what was going on---I think I was just focused too much on everything else. I quickly became afraid of angering my bot buddy by screwing up when I had a charge ready or not that I hardly touched minions and used my charges. It seems silly and dumb, but I blame it on new champ and new role. I'm about to go into a 4th game. We'll see how it goes.

Yeah don't worry! I had a bit of trouble with Thresh and the Relic Shield passive when I started with it (last hitting) and sometimes I just decide to go coin if I can't communicate with ADC on which minions I'll be getting.

I agree with Zky though, I kinda prefer the Coin's active.

GL on your Thresh adventures! It's one of the supports that are most fun to play with and both Lantern and Death Sentence help you being aware of map pathings/escapes. Feels super good when you can save a team mate with it.

Ferga

Start doran shield on Thresh if you don't feel confident in last hitting with relic.

Coin is just a tad weak compared to everything else. You put the whole lane in a bad position early on.

bokn

Banned
Godddddddd Fuck Riot.

Stupid West Coast bullshit. Looks like us East Coast second class citizens will be stuck at 100+ ping forever. Fuck them. I'm moving to LAN.

Didn't they say they had a seperate team to address the east coast ping issues

Start doran shield on Thresh if you don't feel confident in last hitting with relic.

Coin is just a tad weak compared to everything else. You put the whole lane in a bad position early on.

or start ruby crystal for sightstone rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom