• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

6bsPQQ0.png

erghhhhhhhhhh

Nerf Kayle. One of the coaches here suggested that Kayle would work well with my play style so I gave her a shot and I wrecked my first ranked game with her. Well actually my champ dmg sucked, but I clicked R on the hyper carries so same difference I suppose.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1573349252/249532

Since I was too lazy to take photos, here's 13 photos of the RMU gaming room. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/70c2...l-bets-video-game-scholarship-can-draw-talent

the esports coordinator looks so shady i love it

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Had fun in Aram. Alistar is the biggest bully on that game mode. Spam abilities all day, take all the hits and then come back with barely a scratch.

brian!

i've updated my journal....
9 likes

when i said that it was already better than persona 4 that was just after watching the intro

in the intro the protagonist screams as he is given 90s hair
forever.....

Ferga

From watching high elo adc streams a couple of months ago, TF/Botrk Ez is an assassin build.

You pretty much ult from the fog of war then arcane shift into people and use everything to assassinate them then e back out. It's a weird play style but people pull it off pretty well with good vision control.

It's a shitty team fighting build though. It's completely focused on 1v1s.

Oh blind pick, you so crazy.

why you stealing my karma jungle

GAF thinks i'm trolling with karma jungle but I take it pretty seriously. I have rune and mastery pages made specifically for her too. 10% cdr Level 1 to keep shield up for 80% of the first clear is no joke.

Newt

why you stealing my karma jungle

GAF thinks i'm trolling with karma jungle but I take it pretty seriously. I have rune and mastery pages made specifically for her too. 10% cdr Level 1 to keep shield up for 80% of the first clear is no joke.
I'll take your Karma jungle seriously if you take my Sword of the Occult rush on Sivir seriously. I mean, it's just like Mejai's with Janna right?
Diamondprox ran Karma jungle several times in LCS.
Didn't win once with it though.

Ferga

If sion wasn't getting released tonight, I would have mained Karma jungle for a very long time. Long enough to make a guide so good that it would bring her into the jungle meta.

Maybe I'll come back to it when I get bored with Sion.

Don't Diss on Mejai Janna. That shit is legit.

Ferga

Yeah I was practising it for a couple of weeks. Was going to play it in ranked but then Spirit Guard Udyr was released.

I noticed Xin was on free champ rotation this week and decided to give him a go. I've seen him played before top, but I always felt his top lane was weak in comparison to other top laners, so I decided to build him ap.

Sweet monkey Jesus that dmg and heals was ridiculous.I was vs a Nasus that seemed to know what he was doing. About lvl2 I went all in and got him to half hell in one combo. My only mistake was not chasing him, but I was in my smurf and I've been surprised on how useful mysteries and runes really are. That led me to the point where I worked out the weakness of AP Xin. Burst. I could duel nasus really well, but his q just did far too much dmg. He got two kills off me before I realised, that unless you have nashors, you should always wait for Nasus to waste his mana.

So lvl 9 comes, I've got nashors, I've got magic pen boots and a tome. Time to go in. my burst brings Nasus to half health. He ults so I run to turret just as he get's ready to kill me. Along the way I stack my q on minions and then turn on him as soon as he enters turret range. The knock up combined with my combo kills him instantly. Just as well as the enemy yi appears. I bait him into turret range, repeat my q and burst and then just e him. I have less than a quarter health left, he was on full. My burst takes him to half and then my auto's just wreck him. It's was crazy. By the end I am on half health and he tried to run from me. My e comes up and he dies and from that point I snowball.

Xin can be crazy strong ap, but his weakness is cc. He needs to autoattack to get his heal, one on one against most champs I feel ap xin has a real chance of winning, unless that have CC. In tf's I wrecked, but it wasn't until I got crystal scepter that I was able to tank the dmg properly. I was more of a dueler/assassin. Once I got that It was just impossible to kill me or run from me.

Anyone else played Xin AP? I'm kinda interested in playing him some more. He feels very viable with the tank heavy top lane metta right now.

Sofo

I can't believe how cheesy Annie is, I fucking love it. I got a double kill on our first engage, and that set me rolling. After sighstone was done I could go full damage and mobi boots and the roam began.

Was kinda scared on the match because Lee Sin and Ezreal had a bit of a dispute over who would ADC (Lee Sin asked for it but Ezreal locked in). Also the Lucian was Platinum V so I was kinda wary. I kept zoning him out and giving him warning shots and after 6 it was kinda over for him. I told my ADC to play safe if I wasn't in lane and that also allowed him to get some solo EXP.

It helped that almost nobody built Magic Resist, considering the damage Lux and I were putting!

vd1vKNj.png

Pd. Nightblue just said Veigar is hard wut... >_>; Like I get it, stun can be tricky but c'mon..

Wait.. what?

Are you saying gun blade is bad on Akali?

You're kidding, right?
Yes, it's absolutely bad on her. It seems acceptable ONLY because Akali's design is obscene. Gunblade is an inadequate item that literally no champion should ever buy in its current state and an assassin like her is better off with damage items that are actually worth a damn. I've also seen numerous Diamond-level Akali mains / die-hards transition into Lich Bane for their on-hit item replacement (mind you I'm not saying to rush it), with various other pick-ups like an eventual Rabadon's along the way. I don't know their exact build order but the majority of them avoid Gunblade like the plague for good reason and they get sufficient sustain through their runes / masteries anyways. Plus if they ever do need more of it, they just stick to the Hextech Revolver only to sell it later down the road.

Gunblade used to be a no-brainer, but for the past year it's been the fuckin' definition of a trap purchase. Never mind that an extra slow is already easily acquired elsewhere, so there goes that reasoning regarding its active.

Mean spoilers
Could've been worse, like me spelling out who exactly said boss is to make the notion of what I wrote even more of a joke.

Ferga

Please stop. Gunblade is essential on Akali and has always been essential on her since her release. I have no idea what you've been watching.

It's one of the main reason why Akali is so snowball-y. The sustain in gunblade plus its synergy with her passive plus the fact that she can reduce the cooldown on its active in mere seconds.

I can't take it. Trying to argue such an obvious item choice on akali is all kinds of dumb.

Holy_Chic

Banned
not trying to but mean but...im definitely going to trust probuilds as opposed to some random statistics from a guy im not even sure what their MMR is. gunblade is a core item on akali. theres just no arguing it.

Am I wrong for loving Gunblade on Evelynn?

its dumb

Einbroch

Banned
Gunblade might be good on Akali but I went 33-14 last season with her and never built it.

Revolver into Rylai's into Void into Deathcap into Lich.

Please stop. Gunblade is essential on Akali and has always been essential on her since her release. I have no idea what you've been watching.

It's one of the main reason why Akali is so snowball-y. The sustain in gunblade plus its synergy with her passive plus the fact that she can reduce the cooldown on its active in mere seconds.

I can't take it. Trying to argue such an obvious item choice on akali is all kinds of dumb.
Akali is the reason why Akali is so snowball-y. Not some has-been butchered item that's officially on the brink of being removed from the game entirely for Season 5. It used to be great, but it hasn't been for a long-ass time now with how many nerfs it received with far better alternatives replacing it. And I've been spectating Diamond-level Akali's, some of which have been playing her since Season 1 and have a 60% winrate if not more with the set-up I described (albeit vaguely) whilst completely ditching the Gunblade. Everything you mentioned can be gotten elsewhere or without completing the thing.

I mean really now, why is this even a debate when practically everyone knows just how terribly inefficient Gunblade is in every aspect? I've even seen Akali's be a bigger threat with god damn Blade of the Ruined King of all purchases than that piece of shit item, and that's already preposterous in itself.

I present exhibit A in the case for the defense of Gunblade on Akali:

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Akali

(Voyboy, Nientonsoh, Westrice, Scarra, Innox, Alex Ich, PoohManDu all build it on Akali. I would think they know something about how to play her.)
I don't care what pro players build when their itemization is regularly questionable and an exhibit of them sticking to what they know (to a fault) rather than appropriately building for a given situation. Never mind that out of the names you brought up, only Westrice used to main her and he has the tendency to make some dumb calls too. Pro players are known for their mechanical superiority more than anything.

Revolver into Rylai's into Void into Deathcap into Lich.
This is a more sensible build with actual bang for buck.

I mean really now, why is this even a debate when practically everyone knows just how terribly inefficient Gunblade is in every aspect? I've even seen Akali's be a bigger threat with god damn Blade of the Ruined King of all purchases than that piece of shit item, and that's already preposterous in itself.
Umm

Statistical Value

45 attack damage = 1620g
65 ability power = 1414g
12% life steal = 660g
20% spell vamp = 550g
Total Gold Value = 4244g
Statistical Efficiency

The base stats are 124.8% gold efficient, without the passive and active effects.
That's not even counting the extra stats she gets out of her passive and the active which is a big fucking deal, not a single stat is wasted and she makes so much out of the reset passive on the item's active. Gunblade gives her a massive power spike in damage thanks to the extra burst she gets from all the stats and active, dueling power thanks to all the sustain she gets and lets her postpone or ignore completely Rylai's thanks to the active. There's hardly anything inefficient about it, specially when the item has an amazing build path for Akali with components that range from 360 to 1400 gold and help her laning a fuckton, and once she gets nerfed next patch she'll need the lifesteal/spell vamp more than ever.

Also I find it hilarious that you use diamond players as an argument but completely diss challenger players building her in solo Q because of some bizarre competitive prejudice.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not sure I ever knew Gunblade had the reload passive.

Reload: Your basic attacks and single target spells against champions reduce the cooldown of this item by 3 seconds.

If I did I guess I forgot. That seems cool.

Ferga

groaaaaan

If Stone Ocean's maths doesn't prove anything to you, then look at these players who main akali.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/akali#summoners

I just checked nearly all the diamond akali players. All have gunblade in their games.

If you want even more proof, here's a EUW Master tier player who has 800 games this season on akali. All of his games, he went gunblade.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21605738#matches

Are you seriously going to argue you have more game knowledge than a master player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom