• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
active items aren't the end-all of strategy and whatnot

items like rylais, aegis, frozen heart, they all add interesting stuff without needing active abilities

unlike doto where there's no summoner spells and most champions i've seen have one or more passive abilities while their regular spells aren't used as often as in league, having lots of active items is cumbersome in league

league just needs more items, with interesting actives and passives that opens up more options

less deathcaps and more zhonyas, basically

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
rex was playing karma jungle a year ago u fukkin noobs

So much wonderful memory, I remember Rex's jungle karma speed boost himself to my lane, ult q my minion wave, then rush to aa the enemy twice with powerful red buff as they run back to tower screaming in terror.

So much wonderful memory, I remember Rex's jungle karma speed boost himself to my lane, ult q my minion wave, then rush to aa the enemy twice with powerful red buff as they run back to tower screaming in terror.

scrub Ahri didn't land charm before the gank, gotta tax the wave for wasting his time.

active items aren't the end-all of strategy and whatnot

items like rylais, aegis, frozen heart, they all add interesting stuff without needing active abilities

unlike doto where there's no summoner spells and most champions i've seen have one or more passive abilities while their regular spells aren't used as often as in league, having lots of active items is cumbersome in league

league just needs more items, with interesting actives and passives that opens up more options

less deathcaps and more zhonyas, basically

You're right I shouldn't say it's exclusive to actives. Just items that do more than stats. Passives and unique effects would be okay as well in my earlier writings.

"Based on the criteria that I only build what I'm comfortable building, that item is not good."

are you like intentionally missing the point or what

Sofo

What to buy, fnatic Janna or chamiponship thresh?

I bought Championship Thresh and love it! I tend to only buy skins on sale but made an exception for it and never looked back. I don't regret it one bit. :)

I also have the Deep Terror one, which tbh is really inferior in comparison.

I agree as well, more items variet with different passives as well as actives. Not asking for Ohmwrecker but idk, something definitely useful and maybe more tailored to particular champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're right I shouldn't say it's exclusive to actives. Just items that do more than stats. Passives and unique effects would be okay as well in my earlier writings.
kk we agree

i think it's important that there are options so you can build for teamfights, splitpushing, picks, etc.

it's one of the reasons why i like lizzy so much, you can basically do that cos she doesn't 100% need athenes and her kit's versatile enough for you to rush different things

so there's some of that in the game already, we only need more

brian!

Please stop. Gunblade is essential on Akali and has always been essential on her since her release. I have no idea what you've been watching.

It's one of the main reason why Akali is so snowball-y. The sustain in gunblade plus its synergy with her passive plus the fact that she can reduce the cooldown on its active in mere seconds.

I can't take it. Trying to argue such an obvious item choice on akali is all kinds of dumb.

Yla rex: i can't take it
yla rex: erghhhhhh

clemenx

Banned
Just bought LeBlanc and dumpstered with her. Must have been a pain to deal with the silence.

I wonder why her win rate is so low? I know she's super duper squishy but W -> R has to be one of the best escapes in the game and I loveee her damage. The only problem I ran with was farming. I expected my W to delete waves earlier in the game (Was maxing Q) so I was on the low side of CS.

Just one game but I think I'm in love. Love high skillcap mids. Any LeBlanc tips from you guys?

pigeon

Banned
"Based on the criteria that I only build what I'm comfortable building, that item is not good."

People in games have two desires (more, but two that are relevant here): to do the thing that's fun to them, and to do the thing that's most effective.

Trying to solve this problem by creating a "fun" option and an "effective" option creates cognitive dissonance. People will do the effective thing and complain that you won't let them do the fun thing.

So it's good game design to make the fun option also as good as the effective option, which means that if you want people to buy Ohmwrecker or Hexblade or whatever they need to be balanced aggressively, not conservatively.

Newt

Just bought LeBlanc and dumpstered with her. Must have been a pain to deal with the silence.

I wonder why her win rate is so low? I know she's super duper squishy but W -> R has to be one of the best escapes in the game and I loveee her damage. The only problem I ran with was farming. I expected my W to delete waves earlier in the game (Was maxing Q) so I was on the low side of CS.

Just one game but I think I'm in love. Love high skillcap mids. Any LeBlanc tips from you guys?
She falls off super hard later on in this game. She's like a Veigar with less CC at that point.

I wonder why her win rate is so low?
losing silence makes it impossible for her to trade favorably against other midlaners and it absolutely destroyed her already shit late-game.

So it's good game design to make the fun option also as good as the effective option
Agreed.

Well, not "as good as the effective option". All options should be interesting and effective. Ideally.

are you like intentionally missing the point or what
uh oh!!!!

There, fixed that for you.
Who cares what's good for you. It is not useful information that you want to do some weird thing. I only want to move pawns in chess. Great. Good talk.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Sure she has high mobility but if you don't get ahead early you're always gonna be behind for the rest of the game. Kiting is her best option.

Jeff-DSA

LeBlanc can still wreck a lane and is great for picking off people when your team has a vision advantage, but man, I do not miss the days off her having that stupid silence. I'm so glad that she's gone.

zkylon

zkylewd

she's ap version of zed, enemy carries buy banshees and you're useless and contribute very little to the team (shitty waveclear, no poke, shitty cc)

also maxing w first isn't a bad idea if you're having trouble csing

How is not building Gunblade and instead another AP item a "weird thing"?

You seem upset for some reason.
I mean, it's literally weird as in deviating from the norm.

Sorry if I come off as upset. I'm not. I don't like statements that sound like "nothing is objective!!!!"

Einbroch

Banned
I mean, it's literally weird as in deviating from the norm.

Sorry if I come off as upset. I'm not. I don't like statements that sound like "nothing is objective!!!!"

Well, when you're talking about an individual and how they play a game, nothing is objective. If you want to number crunch and take the individual out of the equation, of course.

Is tank Malph or AP Malph better? You can't answer that without taking a ton of factors into account. Same with items. Same with champions. Throw in the individual, and their mannerisms, and "Gunblade is better than Rylai's" in a blanket statement is just as false as saying "you should never build Gunblade, it's shit".

That's all I'm saying. Crab was dismissing outright, and I don't agree with that. Steve was saying basically exactly what I'm saying. You can't say X is better than Y for everyone.

pigeon

Banned
Well, when you're talking about an individual and how they play a game, nothing is objective. If you want to number crunch and take the individual out of the equation, of course.

Is tank Malph or AP Malph better? You can't answer that without taking a ton of factors into account. Same with items. Same with champions. Throw in the individual, and their mannerisms, and "Gunblade is better than Rylai's" in a blanket statement is just as false as saying "you should never build Gunblade, it's shit".

That's all I'm saying. Crab was dismissing outright, and I don't agree with that. Steve was saying basically exactly what I'm saying. You can't say X is better than Y for everyone.

To push the other way, I'd be interested to know what situations or playstyles call for not building Gunblade on Akali. It does seem pretty ideal for her! What factor plays into it not being the right move?

Einbroch

Banned
To push the other way, I'd be interested to know what situations or playstyles call for not building Gunblade on Akali. It does seem pretty ideal for her!

It's not that it's a bad item, I just like the tankiness that a Rylai's gives you over a Gunblade. It also lets you slow much longer than Gunblade without worrying about a cooldown or misclicking on the wrong target in the chaos of a teamfight. I just like it more. It becomes the only tanky item you need until your last item. The extra HP can save you against Tryn, Kayle, and other champions that are invincible for a bit.

I just go for the Revolver and don't finish it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I started playing Ryze and holy hell how has Riot not nerfed him yet.

He does insane damage while building nearly all tanky.

pigeon

Banned

Good stuff.

* Killing the Dragon gives a permanent "Dragon Blooded" buff to your team that stacks with itself and gets stronger/buffs more things. So instead of the power spike from Baron it's a pressure objective that makes you incrementally stronger each time you get it.
* Create more distinction between different tiers of turrets (outer, inner, inhibitor, nexus) so that different strategies are better at taking down different turrets. Split pushing might be great on outer turrets but less good on base turrets.
* And more!
* New item called Radiant Glory that provides an initiation ability for tanks without one. "Focused design" so it won't be a generic "speed boost" item for everybody to build.
* New item called Zz'rot Portal designed for tanks to splitpush. Summons turret-pushing minions.
* Triple the out-of-combat regeneration on Warmog's and reduce its max health, so that it is a more useful item to build for skirmishing and sieging than for generic "lots of health."

pigeon

Banned
if dragon gives permanent stats, then whats stopping teams from just blasting so many dragons over and over that barons etc become irrelevant?

The other team?

I think that's actually the point. They're trying to offer a meaningful choice between Baron and Dragon instead of just "Dragon early, Baron late".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom