• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Champion dependent. Also depends on which camp you're talking about. Lots of things to consider. Max on-hit damage vs. monsters from BotRK is capped at 85 (25 + 60 from passive) but the attack speed increase gives it more DoT compared to Hydra. Hydra is return has AoE passive and the AoE active. End result is that - with all else being equal - Hydra is much better at clearing the regular camps, BotRK is a bit better than Hydra at Dragon and Baron.

But all things aren't equal. Champions with good, reliable attack speed steroids but not much in the way of AD ratios (Xin Zhao) will clear better with BotRK. Champions with good AD ratios but bad/no attack speed steroids (Kha'Zix) will clear better with Hydra. It's pretty irrelevant in the end though. Clear speed as a determining factor of which items to buy is pretty low on the list.

With all that said, on Sion I suspect SoteL -> Brut -> tank -> finish brut into either Ghostblade or BC is the way to go unless you're quite fed early on where Hydra or Trinity Force (paired with a heavy CDR build) become optional. Sion's attack speed steroid is unreliable since it's attached to his death passive and the max. 180% AD ratio on Q is deceptive. It's not particularly that good for something that requires a 2s charge.

Well yeah, I was talking specifically about his Sion built. ;o

oh I'm not online yet

I'm going to have a shower in a sec and then I'll log on in like 20 mins

I'm Rango Knife Cat btw

Gotcha!

Bacon

I want to attempt to rank up from silver 5 to gold 5 before the end of the season but I'm too worried that I will get demoted to Bronze and get nothing!

Decisions need to made.

Jeff-DSA

End of season is fast approaching, which means it's my favorite time of the year: preseason.

The chaos is so good.

I've never seen a preseason. I went through season cycles in StarCraft 2, but this is the first season I've played League. I jumped in right when Hexakill came out. Took me all season to get to Gold. :|

Ferrio

Banned
I want to attempt to rank up from silver 5 to gold 5 before the end of the season but I'm too worried that I will get demoted to Bronze and get nothing!

Decisions need to made.

You don't get anything for being in silver anyways, besides a border that people don't give a shit about.

edit: What season ends on 11th? Crap... bah I need to start playing ranked again. Also realized I don't care about the rewards, right now it's the principle about it...but I think I burnt myself out good. Having a hard time getting the motivation to play.

Ferrio

Banned
Ferrio duo with my smurf is silver 1 but had mmr of mid gold

You're not the only one offering. I'm going to go solo, once it gets closer to November and I'm still not gold I'll take people up on their offer.

edit; I take that back. With the date set up closer, and me with barely any motivation to play I should just get it done as quick and easy as possible. Currently being matched with gold 4/5s when I queue too.

Just message me when I'm or visa versa. Same goes for you newt.

Jeff-DSA

Anyone wanna carry me to gold? Silver 2 60 LP atm.

You're like two wins from promos, and Silver 1 was a short stay for me. I'd give it a shot and see if things start coming down to the wire and then see if you need help. I might be able to duo with you if it gets close, but I can't straight up carry you out as easily some of the others here.

DeadNames

Banned
You're like two wins from promos, and Silver 1 was a short stay for me. I'd give it a shot and see if things start coming down to the wire and then see if you need help. I might be able to duo with you if it gets close, but I can't straight up carry you out as easily some of the others here.

DW, I most always get fed when I'm playing top. If you play like mid or ADC we can win EZPZ.

zkylon

zkylewd
k one month seems doable

i should probably not play any other game if i want to do it cos i don't have all that much time to grind out games

i'm just too rusty as support to climb tbh

i should prolly stop watching new girl too

Anyone wanna carry me to gold? Silver 2 60 LP atm.

just play ad tf mid

Jeff-DSA

As soon as I hit Gold, I stopped playing ranked and switched to Normals and my nerf. I have a question though. Someone told me to fall out of Gold your MMR has to tank down to Bronze 1 level. Is this true? I've promoted a division only to lose a couple in a row and get dropped right back down again. This doesn't happen between tiers? Like, I could lose 3-4 in a row in Gold 5 (sitting at 0 LP from promoting), and it's not going to drop me back down to Silver 1 right away?

If that's the case, I'm going to keep climbing. Might as well. I just didn't want to screw up and find myself scrambling to get back out of Silver 1 again before time runs out.

brian!

it has to be pretty low
and your mmr is not necessarily @ gold 5, depending on how many games you've played, even if u lolkinging some gold doods in ur game

Jeff-DSA

it has to be pretty low
and your mmr is not necessarily @ gold 5, depending on how many games you've played, even if u lolkinging some gold doods in ur game

op.gg has me higher than the average Gold V elo. 1,608 vs. the 1,547 average. Don't know how accurate that is, but apparently I'm on the high end of the average.

zkylon

zkylewd
As soon as I hit Gold, I stopped playing ranked and switched to Normals and my nerf. I have a question though. Someone told me to fall out of Gold your MMR has to tank down to Bronze 1 level. Is this true? I've promoted a division only to lose a couple in a row and get dropped right back down again. This doesn't happen between tiers? Like, I could lose 3-4 in a row in Gold 5 (sitting at 0 LP from promoting), and it's not going to drop me back down to Silver 1 right away?

If that's the case, I'm going to keep climbing. Might as well. I just didn't want to screw up and find myself scrambling to get back out of Silver 1 again before time runs out.

yea don't quote me on it but i'm pretty sure your elo has to be a full division/tier below to fall

like the idea is that you're pretty much safe when you get to gold/diamond/whatever and that the only ppl that fall are the trolls/absolute hellspawn players

i think they just add it so that gold 5 isn't like a pit of monstruos players with like bronze 5 elo just trolling every game

pigeon

Banned
What I have read is that, if you're in Gold V, you won't get demoted until you get to about a Silver V elo, in which case you will be dropped down to Silver III (but still at a Silver V elo, so you will probably keep falling from there).

zkylon

zkylewd
on the other hand being constantly matched against mid-high plats makes me feel like not even bothering with climbing and just hoping i'll have better luck in s5 placements

zkylon

zkylewd
A division a week to get plat... sounds doable. Someone teach me how to be good at this game real quick
don't use chat

ward baron after taking inhibitor

get as many dragons as possible

don't pick high skillcap assassins (yasuo, zed)

don't play vayne

learn how to support

yeah. I'm using it right now

DEE452E2EB1EC6DAC4F781D4D00BD8D3FF62D5EB

:bow :bow :bow

Might throw him a donation once it's fully finished and the mini-map thing is fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom