• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Interested in what GAF thinks Sion should build.

His ratios aren't great in general, so clearly tank is the right direction with maybe a BORK or TF later. Sion scales with health, so he wants to build it, but he also has infinite health scaling, so any health you buy gets progressively less efficient. I dunno! I'm torn between Randuins first or Frozen Heart first.

I would probably do Randuins. He has a bit of stickiness to one target, but his AoE control is lacking. Randuins ==> Q smash would be a pretty good amount of AoE control.

His ratios aren't great in general, so clearly tank is the right direction with maybe a BORK or TF later. Sion scales with health, so he wants to build it, but he also has infinite health scaling, so any health you buy gets progressively less efficient. I dunno! I'm torn between Randuins first or Frozen Heart first.

In the jungle I went Elder Lizard, Randuin's, Warmog's, Locket and Thornmail.

In lane, I'd go BT/Hydra into full tank. Jungle Golem into AD item into full tank.

Jeff-DSA

Played a match last night where the other team picked Rammus. I kid you not, he had 5 kills by 10 minutes. At level 3 he rolled into mid, got a kill, rolled up top, got a kill. Backed and bought, did his jungle route, and then rolled bot and got a double. You can't even counter gank him because the moment you see him going to gank, you already know you can't get there in time because he's moving so fast. Then when you do get in a fight with a fed Rammus, his taunt lasts an eternity and it's a hopeless fight.

Dude needs a hard nerf.

Ferrio

Banned
Played a match last night where the other team picked Rammus. I kid you not, he had 5 kills by 10 minutes. At level 3 he rolled into mid, got a kill, rolled up top, got a kill. Backed and bought, did his jungle route, and then rolled bot and got a double. You can't even counter gank him because the moment you see him going to gank, you already know you can't get there in time because he's moving so fast. Then when you do get in a fight with a fed Rammus, his taunt lasts an eternity and it's a hopeless fight.

Dude needs a hard nerf.

Just wait till end of season pls thx

the new lee sin splash is pretty gross

like, looking at it makes me feel unpleasant

Would I do better to start playing ranked now or just wait until the start of next season.

just start now since it won't really matter all that much. use the time to get over any anxiety and then wreck your placements at the start of next season.

zkylon

zkylewd
i had a dream that lux got like a model update and i could download her zbrush model and just stare at her perfect face topology all day

Dude needs a hard nerf.

Ward deep and body block him if you're bot. I'm not sure what they could do to patch him though: lower his bonus damage from his passive? Taunt already got nerfed before; remove the decreased armour? Make Powerball slower?

professional interest you guise

toplogy is srs business
attachmentp2u3c.jpg

So I ended up on some guy's stream when I was playing Maokai mid and having a hell of a game.

At the start of the vid the guy says I should have taken ignite instead of tele, but my whole plan was to keep Xerath pushed and unable to roam by using teleport. That way, I got a super quick ROA and then bought Abyssal and Sunfire as well as Mercs, which makes Mao "burst" tanky, allowing him to initiate with his ult and W, do a LOT of damage, and get out.

His ratios are bad but his flat damage is solid, so if you build straight pen with sorcs and abyssal and have sunfire, you hurt, which he catches on to at the end of the vid where Janna says she has more AP than me but I'm slapping bitches around.

I honestly think Mao mid is really solid and I'd like to see more people play it.

Jeff-DSA

Ward deep and body block him if you're bot. I'm not sure what they could do to patch him though: lower his bonus damage from his passive? Taunt already got nerfed before; remove the decreased armour? Make Powerball slower?

Well, his ult is problematic. But even if you're warding up near dragon, he's still coming in so fast that you're going to get caught. Dude is stupid fast. So yeah, slowing him down would help too. If he gets ahead, he just because an unkillable, impossible to run from, impossible to catch, AOE damage dealing, long taunting nightmare. I wasn't playing bot lane, I was jungling. It was hopeless watching my team just get murdered by him on ganks right and left and unless you can get to a lane before him, you're not going to be able to be there when he shows up. But even if you do, he'll just taunt you and the lane champions will kill you anyway.

Even if you ward deep and you're careful, he can just barrel down the lane and he'll be on you before you're able to get out.

But whatever, it sounds like jungle is going to change a lot. Maybe he'll naturally fall more into line as things change there.

Einbroch

Banned

Can I touch you?

My friend and I were on stream with Pokelawls a few months back. My friend and I were bot lane against him. Sivir (him), Quinn (me). Talked about how much he's going to dominate the lane, that only morons pick Quinn.

We completely dumpstered him. He blamed his support, was a toxic ass, and was whining like a little baby. He cut the stream like 15 minutes into the game because he was getting stomped.

Streamers suck.

Newt

Can I touch you?

My friend and I were on stream with Pokelawls a few months back. My friend and I were bot lane against him. Sivir (him), Quinn (me). Talked about how much he's going to dominate the lane, that only morons pick Quinn.

We completely dumpstered him. He blamed his support, was a toxic ass, and was whining like a little baby. He cut the stream like 15 minutes into the game because he was getting stomped.

Streamers suck.
I was on a stream with Bekkuh and Hafu a while back. Bekkuh sucks, she just fed like crazy midlane. I thought Hafu was really good.
You'd think that the change to akali's W would nerf her but that would only makes it easier for her to kill you.
It's a big late-game nerf.

clemenx

Banned
Well, Sion's failed ults are pretty funny.

We were defending our inhib turret and I want to ult them as they were grouped up. I missed and ran all the way up to their inner turret, lol.

Felt pretty dumb :(

pigeon

Banned
Well, Sion's failed ults are pretty funny.

We were defending our inhib turret and I want to ult them as they were grouped up. I missed an ran all the way to their inner turret, lol.

Felt pretty dumb :(

Don't forget that you can "detonate" your ult by hitting R again, you don't have to actually make contact.

idlewild_

So how should kha be evolved/leveled with the void spikes nerf now?

Personally I never did the max/evolve W first, didn't really fit my playstyle. What I've been doing is:
Max R > Q > W > E
Evolve E > Q > W/R in most games (sometimes swap Q and E if snowballing)

It's been working pretty great for me.

Bacon

Personally I never did the max/evolve W first, didn't really fit my playstyle. What I've been doing is:
Max R > Q > W > E
Evolve E > Q > W/R in most games (sometimes swap Q and E if snowballing)

It's been working pretty great for me.

Can you explain why you evolve e first? To get in and out of fights easily?

Q8D3vil

Top pick pantheon buy boots with pots feed ryze and complain about ryze being op.

support Bruam who only buy wards (no sightstone).

Xerath doing good early to mid game then getting caught late game (happened 4-5 times) 1v5 (extremely bad positioning with no vision) then proceed to flame that it was our fault for not being with him.

How do i even with noobs like those ?

Jeff-DSA

Top pick pantheon buy boots with pots feed ryze and complain about ryze being op.

support Bruam who only buy wards (no sightstone).

Xerath doing good early to mid game then getting caught late game (happened 4-5 times) 1v5 (extremely bad positioning with no vision) then proceed to flame that it was our fault for not being with him.

How do i even with noobs like those ?

Some matches are completely unwinnable. Sometimes you just get a heavy, heavy team.

Edit: Heaviest team ever: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1547801031/210181856

pigeon

Banned
Does this apply if autocast option is On? I just press R, then when I'm in range, I press R again and boom?

I don't know actually, I have still not played Sion :( I know that's what the tooltip says!

I will get a chance to play him tonight and figure out how the controls actually work. I think recast abilities sometimes work differently for smartcast and non-smartcast?

Can I touch you?

Streamers suck.

You have a link? I'd love to see that.

Tizoc

I don't know actually, I have still not played Sion :( I know that's what the tooltip says!

I will get a chance to play him tonight and figure out how the controls actually work. I think recast abilities sometimes work differently for smartcast and non-smartcast?

Well if it's not like Vi's charge attack, you press the key to start charging, then again for the impact attack.
If it IS, then you gotta hold R then release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom