• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well if it's not like Vi's charge attack, you press the key to start charging, then again for the impact attack.
If it IS, then you gotta hold R then release.
What? On Sion you press R and he will begin to charge. If you want to stop it just press R again.

SeigO

Banned
KowszeZ.jpg

Oh snap, I was on local Canadian news for .6 seconds, time to retire and become a caster. (Far right)

download GeDoSaTo asap

may the power of durante save game from being low res

he said he's looking into it. dunno if he'll be able to fix it or not.

does GeDoSaTo help?

I'm already forcing AA and AF in Nvidia control panel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY

EUW PEOPLE

I need someone to duo with if Dob isn't around.

requirements: must not be dumb.

Also no higher than gold cos then I can't play with you

I'll be playing tomorrow. Need to get that LP

Newt

does GeDoSaTo help?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY

EUW PEOPLE

I need someone to duo with if Dob isn't around.

requirements: must not be dumb.

Also no higher than gold cos then I can't play with you

I'll be playing tomorrow. Need to get that LP
Just get someone from work.

Ashhong

I was on a stream with Bekkuh and Hafu a while back. Bekkuh sucks, she just fed like crazy midlane. I thought Hafu was really good.

It's a big late-game nerf.

Becca can play pretty well in her games. She just tilts really really really hard

Tizoc

Zileans players be like what is a ward? better go full AP to nuke the enemy team and feed myself
I like using Supp Zilean and I build sightstone, I prefer Spellthief on him.

A build I would make if I'm not against CC enemies would be
Max Spellthief+Magic boots+Sightstone+Hourglass+Unholy Grail+Void Staff

I'd swap out Grail with Mikael if they have CC, if they have AoE abilities, I'd get Locket instead of Void Staff.

Send me a malbec.

hah!

There's actually a really nice Argentinian wine on offer right now. Blend of Cab Sauv and Malbec. Collaboration between an Argentinian producer and a Bordeaux producer.

It's really good. A lot of the guys in my store are big malbec fans.

If you're ever in Ireland, I'll recommend you some stuff :p

You might be able to find a bottle over in the States somewhere. The U.S. distributor (Pasternak) apparently sells their stuff in all 50 states, so. Yeah.

It's called Amancaya.

Leezard

does GeDoSaTo help?

Oh I see. GeDoSaTo helps with many different games without them (usually) needing to be individually configured by Durante, but it might not work with all games. It is supposed to be able to do stuff like forcing increased resolution for different games though, so I was just guessing that it might help.

Ferrio

Banned
hah!

There's actually a really nice Argentinian wine on offer right now. Blend of Cab Sauv and Malbec. Collaboration between an Argentinian producer and a Bordeaux producer.

It's really good. A lot of the guys in my store are big malbec fans.

If you're ever in Ireland, I'll recommend you some stuff :p

You might be able to find a bottle over in the States somewhere. The U.S. distributor (Pasternak) apparently sells their stuff in all 50 states, so. Yeah.

It's called Amancaya.

I'll keep an eye out.

Oh I see. GeDoSaTo helps with many different games without them (usually) needing to be individually configured by Durante, but it might not work with all games. It is supposed to be able to do stuff like forcing increased resolution for different games though, so I was just guessing that it might help.

yeah I'll take a look into it, thanks!

i'm prolly the only argie that doesn't drink wine

pity, you guys make really nice wines.

I had no real interest in wine until I took the job, but I've really started enjoying it since. Takes a bit to acquire the taste, but it's really nice when you do.

Then again I'm an Irish guy who dislikes Guinness so...

zkylon

zkylewd
i like it with club soda like my dad used to drink it but that's like super cheap wine, you shouldn't be doing that to expensive imported wine

generally tho, argieland has pretty good and cheap wine everywhere but i just don't like alcohol in general all that much

not too stressed about it tho

First New Sion game went about as well as I expected. The ult is easy to dodge with all the getaways in LoL. He also doesn't seem to do much damage. His Q is just stupid... who's going to stand there for 2-3 seconds for a full blast? Damn is he fun to play tho. I legit lol'd several times when ulting. Completely cost our team the match, btw. In fact the last team fight was me ulting from our nexus and starting the fight and us getting obliterated. Man was it fun tho.

MObKcQc.jpg

Also my last TF game in the pic. Why? Just cuz

zkylon

zkylewd
sion feels like a follow up guy rather than initiator

or like for flanking like shyvanna or something

like if he comes running out of the flank even if he misses his ult he just detonates it in the middle of the enemy team and they all flash in different directions sounds like pretty good disruption

i feel that sion's gonna love it when i play mid lizzy

sion feels like a follow up guy rather than initiator

or like for flanking like shyvanna or something

like if he comes running out of the flank even if he misses his ult he just detonates it in the middle of the enemy team and they all flash in different directions sounds like pretty good disruption

i feel that sion's gonna love it when i play mid lizzy

The ult just feels like an initiator. It should be an initiator. You're charging into battle with an epic roar... should be an initiator. If it's currently not playing like one, they gotta change it so it is. Most fun skill to use in the game.

First New Sion game went about as well as I expected. The ult is easy to dodge with all the getaways in LoL. He also doesn't seem to do much damage. His Q is just stupid... who's going to stand there for 2-3 seconds for a full blast? Damn is he fun to play tho. I legit lol'd several times when ulting. Completely cost our team the match, btw. In fact the last team fight was me ulting from our nexus and starting the fight and us getting obliterated. Man was it fun tho.

MObKcQc.jpg

Sion is pretty much a destroyer of ADCs its like a Vi but without boobs

clemenx

Banned
The ult is a good initiator. But as fun as it is running around being a hulking dude, I've had more success using it point blank. You should be tanky enough to just get near and press R.

Tizoc

MObKcQc.jpg

The total charge takes 2 seconds IIRC. Only reason I would get hit by is it cuz I wanted to kill a minion :p

Einbroch

Banned

MObKcQc.jpg

You played your first Sion game in ranked?

Scum.

Sofo

MObKcQc.jpg

I don't think Hydra was the right pick imo, considering the active is pretty useless to you as far as clear speed goes. BotRK might be better, but I'll leave that to the itemization gurus.

Also kinda troll to go with first time new champion on ranked btw.

The ult is a good initiator. But as fun as it is running around being a hulking dude, I've had more success using it point blank. You should be tanky enough to just get near and press R.

Same. I blew three ults at the start of the game and only got a hit once. Started using it point blank and it worked way way better.

Jeff-DSA

Anyone got any tips for Darius to make him more viable for late-games? Items I need to build?

You sort of need to end the game as quickly as possible with Darius, kind of like Renekton. Be super aggressive early and win your lane so you can roam and help everybody else snowball. In team fights, save your ult until you can get a kill on it and get the reset and then chunk someone else down right away. If you can do that, you'll be a big help in late fights.

Darius isn't a great late game champ, but you can really get him going and make the mid game super difficult for the other team. His Q, W, auto, E, auto, ult combo will kill most champs.

I build Tiamet (upgrade to Hydra if fed after first tank item) on him early, and then go full tank. You can also start with Randuin's or Sunfire and just go hard tank the whole game, but I feel like you'll do better getting early damage from the Tiamet and pushing to take that tower down as quickly as possible.

drawkcaB

You played your first Sion game in ranked?

Scum.

Some hairless...whatever the fuck that thing is just want to watch the world burn.

I don't think Hydra was the right pick imo, considering the active is pretty useless to you as far as clear speed goes. BotRK might be better, but I'll leave that to the itemization gurus.

Champion dependent. Also depends on which camp you're talking about. Lots of things to consider. Max on-hit damage vs. monsters from BotRK is capped at 85 (25 + 60 from passive) but the attack speed increase gives it more DoT compared to Hydra. Hydra is return has AoE passive and the AoE active. End result is that - with all else being equal - Hydra is much better at clearing the regular camps, BotRK is a bit better than Hydra at Dragon and Baron.

But all things aren't equal. Champions with good, reliable attack speed steroids but not much in the way of AD ratios (Xin Zhao) will clear better with BotRK. Champions with good AD ratios but bad/no attack speed steroids (Kha'Zix) will clear better with Hydra. It's pretty irrelevant in the end though. Clear speed as a determining factor of which items to buy is pretty low on the list.

With all that said, on Sion I suspect SoteL -> Brut -> tank -> finish brut into either Ghostblade or BC is the way to go unless you're quite fed early on where Hydra or Trinity Force (paired with a heavy CDR build) become optional. Sion's attack speed steroid is unreliable since it's attached to his death passive and the max. 180% AD ratio on Q is deceptive. It's not particularly that good for something that requires a 2s charge.

Korten said:
Anyone got any tips for Darius to make him more viable for late-games? Items I need to build?

Don't think items. Think your place in your team. Darius will never be a good diver. He just doesn't have the tools to do it. When a fight breaks out, peel for your squishies. AoE pull, low CD slow if you can get enough hemorrhage stacks on your target and a "bruiser-buster" ult that'll deal ~900+ true damage with even a sliver of extra AD through items and runes. In the late game, give your carries the help they need to carry you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom