• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ok, I hardly EVER go white knight and defend someone by throwing statistics around. But seriously, I'm catching up on the thread and I run across this. It's time for statistics -- old and new.

I was on a stream with Bekkuh and Hafu a while back. Bekkuh sucks, she just fed like crazy midlane. I thought Hafu was really good.
Back when this happened, I watched the stream of that game live because I heard you were on stream. As I pointed out at the time, from Behkuh's stream, she had been doing some sort of marathon (18-hour?) stream shortly before and seemed pretty out of it. She was also apologetic and realizing she wasn't playing well that game.

She's also currently 33 points higher than you in Diamond V, though that's obviously pretty close.

Last time, you followed up by posting this:
Hafu is actually pretty good. Bekkuh seems like the standard female streamer that doesn't actually have any skill.
I thought then that it was pretty lame to call someone a "standard female streamer" without any skill from one game, especially if they weren't playing their best. I think now it's lame to claim she sucks, especially since you're both still in diamond -- neither of you has fallen out, and you said maybe she belonged in platinum.

When you said this last time, I checked some of her win rates to see if she did indeed feed regularly.

I just checked some of her ranked stats this season from lolking:

198 Lux games, 55.6% win rate
121 Ziggs games, 57% win rate
69 Orianna games, 55.1% win rate
67 LeBlanc games, 58% win rate
59 Blitzcrank games, 57.6% win rate
56 Cho'Gath games, 55.4% win rate

On the flip side, her commonly-played champions I saw with a low win rate was 81 Caitlyn games with 42% win rate, 66 Vi games with 47% win rate, and 55 Kennen games with 43.6% win rate.

Regarding whether she belongs in diamond, overall she seems to have quite good records for mid lane, though I don't know at what levels those games were at. Plus, 4 out of 5 people on the team playing against you were platinum (one of them platinum 2). So, who knows how the MMR was working out on both teams.
Posting 55% or higher win rates with her commonly-played champions at the diamond level seems pretty good to me, and her KDA on her primary champions also seems reasonable, certainly not "sucks" or "fed like crazy" level.

Now to the present. In her last 10 ranked games alone, she had a 10/5/15 Orianna, a 10/5/12 Kennen, and a 15/6/14 Ziggs, all victories. That's neither sucking nor feeding like crazy.

She's 7 wins, 2 losses, for her last 9 visible ranked games (the 10th was a normal). You're 1 win, 4 losses, for your last FIVE visible ranked games (the other 5 were normals).

You had a 12-death ranked ADC loss and a 10-death ranked support loss in your 5 games. The highest she had was two 8-death games in her 9 ranked, and one of those was still a victory. Doesn't look like "fed like crazy" or "sucks" to me.

Everyone has bad games. Dismissing or insulting someone based on one isn't cool.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Really impressed with the changes. Should make sieging much less frustrating now that minions seem to matter more.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's a good thing, in my opinion. Dota has a lot going for it that I adore, but the core gameplay (feel) is just off.

It's probably for the best in the long run, but as someone that just started getting a feel for the game these are some huge changes.

DeadNames

Banned
So Riot's reason for not having an invoker styled champ is "burden of knowledge", but holy shit, there's so much being changed with the new towers/jungle items/XP things that burden of knowledge is a thing of the past.

Give invoker riot.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy crap all these changes. I'm glad Riot isn't making the same mistakes that Blizzard made when SC2 was huge. They're not letting the game stagnate.

pigeon

Banned
Banner of Command now has the Aegis of the Legion unique passive. I assume it builds out of that now? Unclear from the Reign webpage.

According to that page, Warmog's now costs 1300. I am guessing that's an error.

clemenx

Banned
Looking at those smites I predict a situation where everyone picks the one that gives a slow regardless of the champion... idk. The slow is pretty significant.

The enchantments look better!

pigeon

Banned
So Riot's reason for not having an invoker styled champ is "burden of knowledge", but holy shit, there's so much being changed with the new towers/jungle items/XP things that burden of knowledge is a thing of the past.

Give invoker riot.

That's not how burden of knowledge works. You don't have to know any more than you used to, it's just that the stuff you already knew is now wrong.

But for a new player, the experience of League will probably be, if anything, more clear. There are probably much fewer situations where you want to clear the camps even though you're not the jungler or you're playing jungle and don't really know which jungle item to build. The hardest part will be identifying what jungle item the other jungler is building.

Really impressed with the changes. Should make sieging much less frustrating now that minions seem to matter more.
Yeah, and baron buff is now more important now that it's being repositioned (didn't push through last season) for sieging. 80% damage reduction for melee minions, tower outrage + aoe for siege minions? Ohmwrecker / Banner might be better now, and I think Banner builds out of Aegis now?

dimb

Looking at those smites I predict a situation where everyone picks the one that gives a slow regardless of the champion... idk. The slow is pretty significant.
The one that reveals targets and deals true damage on hit sounds pretty strong to me.

dimb

Yeah, and baron buff is now more important now that it's being repositioned (didn't push through last season) for sieging. 80% damage reduction for melee minions, tower outrage + aoe for siege minions? Ohmwrecker / Banner might be better now, and I think Banner builds out of Aegis now?
I'm happy that they've fundamentally changed what kind of push Baron Buff enables. I'm expecting faster single effort pushes than drawn out sieges where you try to take advantage of health regen.

Einbroch

Banned
I can't see a single change that makes me immediately go "no".

I'm still not convinced on Dragon giving a perma-buff, but we'll see.

Einbroch

Banned
Base mana regen sounds weird now. 25% regen and no numbers?

It might be a little jarring at first, but you can always look on your mana bar at the bottom of the screen and see the change.

It's a great change because it lets Riot balance mana regen based on the champion. They can give mana hungry champions higher base regen, which in turn means mana regen items are more important to them, whereas those with low base mana regen can compensate by making their mana pool bigger, which would in turn make their base regen better. In the current game, 10MP/5 is 10MP/5 for everyone, but 25% could be 5MP/5 or 7.5/MP5.

I love it.

Yeah, the MP5 changes seem really cool.

No more buying Athene's and having infinite mana on anyone, now if Riot wants you to be mana gated you'll be mana gated.

I'm happy that they've fundamentally changed what kind of push Baron Buff enables. I'm expecting faster single effort pushes than drawn out sieges where you try to take advantage of health regen.
Also stealing Baron can give behind teams a real chance to comeback since if you get aced your turrets are going to get mowed down.

Bacon

This is the first preseason I've really been paying attention to. Is this the biggest change they have ever done from one season to the next?

This seems like it has the potential to change how every single champion plays/builds etc.

Ferrio

Banned
This is the first preseason I've really been paying attention to. Is this the biggest change they have ever done from one season to the next?

This seems like it has the potential to change how every single champion plays/builds etc.

Easily the biggest.

Einbroch

Banned

Season 3 to 4 was the introduction of trinkets and changed the way warding works.

This patch is changing basically everything else.

I don't think all of these will push through. Stuff last pre-season didn't push through that I remember:
- Baron buff repositioned for sieging (bonus damage to towers)
- Players locked in fountain for the first 30 seconds, but gains massive initial movespeed buff
- Various summoner spell effects, like Cleanse knockback

zkylon

zkylewd
just read the whole thing, holy shit the world is crazy now

i think most of the changes sound fine, they're pretty scary and i dunno what any of this means for mages

probably overall power decrease since siege sounds weaker and blue buff nerf

just read the whole thing, holy shit the world is crazy now

i think most of the changes sound fine, they're pretty scary and i dunno what any of this means for mages

probably overall power decrease since siege sounds weaker and blue buff nerf
Mid laners are probably the ones least affected by these

Like sure, there's big changes - MP regen, blue buff nerf, crab shrine making for better roaming - but overall playstyle doesn't seem to be changing much.

pigeon

Banned
BTW, Sion is a lot of fun. I feel like he does not have as much early pressure as I thought he would (probably my fault), but minion billiards is great. Accidentally hitting Q instead of holding it down is a big problem. The ult is incredibly fun and actually very effective, especially for countering disengage.

I need to work on his early more as I feel Sion should be able to bully Nasus early but I couldn't get it done. But still won.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1576273423/85040

Another game where we win lane (I baited so many Morg shields just by moving towards her and Cait) and our team does squat.

Worst part was when we were doing dragon and somehow they stole it.

Oh yeah heavy AD and Brand doesn't build Zhonya's. That's nice.
*Brand builds rod of ages instead of zhonya's and morrellicon*
ae8.gif

Aren't they affected the most? Bonus flat mana regen got changed to base mana regen %. I did random checks for the changes to health/mana regen and the regen is usually lower, and at the very best equal.

Korten

Banned
I don't know if possible... but can someone give the a tl;dr dumb child version
of the changes in this latest PBE? Doesn't even need to be all of them, just the "major" changes.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh god, my display drivers are starting to blow up after a power outage.
You might want to double-check in case it's your monitor going bad and not your videocard.

My monitor was doing this crazy thing where it goes black for a few seconds, and I was afraid my videocard or drivers were screwed up. Then I finally got a second monitor, and the second one NEVER goes black, so I'm thinking it's just the old left monitor dying.

Einbroch

Banned
of the changes in this latest PBE? Doesn't even need to be all of them, just the "major" changes.

New monster/buff in the river that gives a speed buff that spawns after 20 minutes.

New Baron buff that promotes one or two quick sieges and not the prolonged sieges you see in the pro games.

Dragon doesn't give global gold and instead gives your team a permanent buff that stacks.

Red buff turns you into a split pusher.

Turrets have unique properties to promote different ways to interact/siege them.

Lots of item changes/new items. Mana regen is based on base regen (percentage), not a flat number.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As far as I can tell, the game will be less snowbally but also less grindy.

I don't know how that works but whatever.

Also, more roaming, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom