• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so too, at the start, but I realize that they're probably just going to add a lot of particle effects so you can see "Okay, this dude is clearly decked the fuck out in buffs, I should avoid him". As long as people understand that these particle effects mean this guy is much stronger than his levels/items would lead you to believe, that should be enough. You don't actually need to know the fine details of the numbers or whatever.
All the smite buffs have particles around you, and you can only have 2 buffs at the same time at most unless you're a powerclearer with the reset smite mechanic or something.

olympia

Is there a good guide on jungling for a beginner? I tried it on my own with Zed and I totally fucked it up. Wanna try jg Nasus too

So I've been trying to get back into League, and I have this issue where when I start the patcher/game, sometimes it locks up my computer. Well, frequently it locks it up.

Anyone had this issue before?

Leezard

So I've been trying to get back into League, and I have this issue where when I start the patcher/game, sometimes it locks up my computer. Well, frequently it locks it up.

I have a friend with the same problem. He hasn't solved it, but he says that he should try reinstalling the next time it happened. I would recommend you to try it as well, unless you already did that. Repairing the client might work as well.

The patch probably got corrupted

Click on the gear icon on the patcher, click on Repair and come back in a couple hours, should do the trick

Bacon

Is there a good guide on jungling for a beginner? I tried it on my own with Zed and I totally fucked it up. Wanna try jg Nasus too

I wouldn't use either of those champions in the jungle really, maybe Nasus to fuck around, but not seriously. Try Amumu, Rammus, or Warwick as some beginning junglers. All of them are really beginner friendly while also being quite strong. Rammus has one of the highest winrates in the game throughout all levels of play.

I have a friend with the same problem. He hasn't solved it, but he says that he should try reinstalling the next time it happened. I would recommend you to try it as well, unless you already did that. Repairing the client might work as well.

I probably will try reinstalling.

The patch probably got corrupted

Click on the gear icon on the patcher, click on Repair and come back in a couple hours, should do the trick

It's not the patch itself, it's opening the patcher(Er...that's what I call the window with the 'Start' button, but I guess they removed that and added a new window?) just the act of opening it would lock up my computer.

bokn

Banned
Play her as a support

Peel, heal reduction and a massive AS% steroid? daamn

Not to mention her ward clearing is pretty safe with that range

Leezard

Play her as a support

Peel, heal reduction and a massive AS% steroid? daamn

Not to mention her ward clearing is pretty safe with that range
Massive AS% steroid to the enemy team. Best support in game
When picking a champion meaning a insta win for the enemy team is taken to a whole new level

Now if only Riot would fix the bug that makes people want to play Vayne

Maybe they should make her ult give invisibility to the enemy adc, that should fix her.

LeagueGAF any tips on how to play Irelia? I've been enjoying playing her but am getting rocked in lane considerably: even against the likes of Riven despite team's bitching at me that I'm a hard counter.

Halp? I already bought aviator irelia I can't go back.

¡HarlequinPanic!;133739534 said:
LeagueGAF any tips on how to play Irelia? I've been enjoying playing her but am getting rocked in lane considerably: even against the likes of Riven despite team's bitching at me that I'm a hard counter.

Halp? I already bought aviator irelia I can't go back.
If you don't have flat HP regen quints get them and use them in lanes with heavy harass
Max E first, the stun is too valuable and helps turn trades in your favor, not to mention if the jungler comes around it can be a certain kill

Tizoc

If you don't have flat HP regen quints get them and use them in lanes with heavy harass
Max E first, the stun is too valuable and helps turn trades in your favor, not to mention if the jungler comes around it can be a certain kill

I've been buffing her W mainly because of its true damage and healing >_>;
Build wise, Trinity+BoRK then tank up. She becomes unkillable by the late game.

Nunu no longer shit tier like he is in Season 4 with the current PBE patch, at least. Got a 1000 bonus gold from the counter-jungling machete upgrade, took next to no damage from Baron, Blood Boil helps negate the slower attack speed of the Baron buff'd cannon creep (which you can buff some more with Banner of Command funnily enough) and a number of new utility items he can choose from. Has a rougher start in the jungle now though like everyone else and if the PBE skill level was actually higher I'd probably get easily punished due to wards, but he's a true asshole again. Results for anyone who might care, I guess.

Thanks for the Irelia tips, I tried maxing E against that Riven. Well, they had a good jungle too. The one time I had a clean window to all in with shaco popped up behind me the second I engaged :$

Just wish her aviator hair didn't look so awful.

Bacon

Nightblue is bitching? Oh good, now we can know the changes will be great

He's always wrong, it's great. Cries about Kha nerfs every time and Kha is still always strong. Cried about Elise nerfs when they were incredibly minor.

I think these changes are going to help the jungle in the long run for sure.

drawkcaB

He's always wrong, it's great. Cries about Kha nerfs every time and Kha is still always strong. Cried about Elise nerfs when they were incredibly minor.

It's a good thing people don't moan, bitch, and cry about nerfs destroying champs on GAF. No sir, nope, never happens.

So, time to share some jungle observations. Might even mosey on down to the official LoL boards to provide some feed back:

*Birdies might actually be the toughest camp when considering the smite and jungle buff changes. The camp is only marginally easier to do than Frog/Krugs but the catch is that you pretty much have to save your smite because Birdies' camp bonus isn't that good. I avoid doing it at all before level 4.
*Jungle buffs on non-red/blue camps aren't really that interesting. It's complexity for the sake complexity. You're pretty much forced to start either Krug or Frog. The buffs are also completely out of whack. Wolf buff is stupid (he doesn't patrol shit, he stands at the 4-way intersection on blue buff side). Red buff smite bonus is way better than Blue buff mana bonus.
*Crab is stupid. Kill a camp in the river and get vision control that can't be removed and a meandering speed buff. I think the idea of a neutral camp going along the river might be interesting, but I don't know what buff it should give. Like the jungle camp buffs, this feels like complexity for the sake of complexity.
*Camp timers are pretty bad. Even with slow clearers like Trundle it's possible to clear the 4 non-red/blue buff spots and get back to the first one you cleared before it's up (this is around level 6). It just seems so boring. I imagine the jungler will often find himself in a situation where he doesn't see a gank or counterjungle opportunity, the camps are cleared, and the only sensible decision left is to Back. Going back to base is never a fun decision. I'd like to see the camp timers reduce and their health/damage reduced as well to make up for the fact you'd be fighting more of them. I'd say power farming junglers like Yi and Shyvana won't like the new jungle even though they may be fine sustain wise in it. The camps just don't come up often enough.
*If S5 jungle is supposed to help tank junglers, it ain't working. They have on average the hardest time clearing it. Naut's actually in good shape. Sej got beat up but I was able to get level 4 with sliver of health left. Moakai can't clear to 4.
*I don't have an actual issue with the overall difficulty increase, the numbers are just wrong. It's actually kinda nice from a gameplay perspective that at later levels (5+) I can't just sit in the jungle full health, although it's still a bit too hard on mana consumption and health, but mostly mana. That said, holy hell are those first ~4 levels brutal. Of the ~10 junglers I tried, about three I'd feel confident ganking after double buffs, about 6 I could gank at level 3 at the expense of getting blue buff. Reducing the cost of machete to pick up a 3rd pot would go a long way.
*Jungle items are nice save for the AD enchantment. Should be +AD +10% CDR like the other items, ditch the lifesteal. Machete upgrade need to be balanced. The "gank" upgrade doesn't seem that great.
*Camps need XP and gold increases if Riot is intent on keeping the jungle at this difficulty. Right now it's S1 jungle difficulty but S4 jungle carry potential.

Sofo

He just dodged because Qt is going mid Sion and he wanted Sion jungle and "qt trolls on this account".

He's so salty -_-

I think these changes are going to help the jungle in the long run for sure.

Elise has a 44% win rate with a less than 3% pick rate

elise nerfs weren't minor.

Was her winrate any better than that before though? I honestly can't remember. But I know that NB can still fuck shit up with her, even with the nerfs.

it was a little better. Maybe like 47%, but she also had one of the highest pick rates in the game to go with it.

When very few people play a champion and it has an even worse win rate then it's in a bad spot.

sleepykyo

He just dodged because Qt is going mid Sion and he wanted Sion jungle and "qt trolls on this account".

He's so salty -_-

I kind of like watching NB, but this is kind of pot and kettle situation. Actually, that is being generous, given that QT seems to do well in the jungle or in support where as NB does pretty bad in most roles outside the jungle.

Bacon

it was a little better. Maybe like 47%, but she also had one of the highest pick rates in the game to go with it.

When very few people play a champion and it has an even worse win rate then it's in a bad spot.

Ok that's a fair point, however I'm not really sure what they could do to get her pick rate up. She probably will never have a high pick rate in lower elo because she's just too complicated.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok that's a fair point, however I'm not really sure what they could do to get her pick rate up. She probably will never have a high pick rate in lower elo because she's just too complicated.

elise is just poorly designed

like all double form champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom