• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Quinn changes were a mistake.

hahahahahhaahhahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
iori_laugh.gif

Neol

Pretend I'm a toddler and explain what changed on Quinn please.

Basically the ultimate lasts until you want to cancel it. And with it being only a 1 second cooldown at max rank valor all day evrryday.

These changes are crazy. Dragon is ridiculous important now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mid laners are probably the ones least affected by these

Like sure, there's big changes - MP regen, blue buff nerf, crab shrine making for better roaming - but overall playstyle doesn't seem to be changing much.
yea just focusing on the thing i like

not sure what the regen changes mean for mids

Korten

Banned
New monster/buff in the river that gives a speed buff that spawns after 20 minutes.

New Baron buff that promotes one or two quick sieges and not the prolonged sieges you see in the pro games.

Dragon doesn't give global gold and instead gives your team a permanent buff that stacks.

Red buff turns you into a split pusher.

Turrets have unique properties to promote different ways to interact/siege them.

Lots of item changes/new items. Mana regen is based on base regen (percentage), not a flat number.

Woah that is a lot of changes... Feel like Season 5 (I assume if these changes become permanent) will have to relearn a lot. D:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ghostcrawler gets hired and they start putting crabs in the game. Coincidence?

Skux

I really think this is getting way too complicated. There's so many invisible buffs that you won't be able to tell a champion's power level just by looking at their items and kill count.

There's red buff, blue buff, and baron buff. We can live with that.

There's now dragon stacks, which are different for each time your team kills dragon and permanent. Good luck explaining that to a newbie.

There's neutral monster buffs, which they haven't explained about how they work, and now there's a different bonus for each camp.

Now each jungle item gives you a different type of smite, and you have no idea what's going to hit you.

And on top of that, there are now enchantments to jungle items. The main jungle items are already supposed to define your class, why do you need yet another layer of customisation on top that can't be offered by normal items?

It's just too much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought so too, at the start, but I realize that they're probably just going to add a lot of particle effects so you can see "Okay, this dude is clearly decked the fuck out in buffs, I should avoid him". As long as people understand that these particle effects mean this guy is much stronger than his levels/items would lead you to believe, that should be enough. You don't actually need to know the fine details of the numbers or whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the jungle is def gonna be a scary proposition for a new player but it's not like new players are being eased into the game in any way already so who cares

i should be nice to know if the other dude's packing like half a dozen different jungle buffs tho lol

also these are "experimental" changes so who knows what will stick

pigeon

Banned
As Riot mentioned, the dragon already gives your whole team a permanent power buff. It just happens to be in the form of gold. Gold is a little more visible on enemy champs (because it turns into items), but I don't think the clarity will be any worse in most situations.

The damage-related buffs will probably have particles, and the wolf sentry and eagle eye really don't need to be visible to the enemy team.

I don't really see the problem with the jungle enchantments. The whole point of the new jungle item design is that the item you build defines your jungle strategy, not your "class." But in general it won't be useful information, because every jungler is just going to build the one jungle enchantment that's appropriate for them every time.

Burt

Shit is crazy.

But I love the jungle changes, or at least their intention with them. We'll see how it plays out. With it being a lot more specialized, hopefully they'll be able to figure out some jungle-specific buffs for the underplayed champs and get some new blood in there.

bokn

Banned
The enchantments are just an item, so it'll be obvious to see what they're running

I hope the mini-buffs from smite dont stack though, that's potentially quite messy.

90s cd, gets rewritten if you smite something else (60s on smite)

Perfect.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope that in s6 i can ignite blue buff and heal poros

btw i find it really weird that blue elixir gives flat mana regen

elixirofsorcery.jpg

that can't be right

edit: also unsure if i like it, the cdr rounded up your 40% with blue buff+athenes and if i wanted mana regen on a consumable item i'd buy potions. unless the idea is that you get elixir+blue buff and you're like never getting athenes?

40 true damage is really nice tho, specially with like ori or syndra who can proc it almost every time it's off cd

edit2: like depends on the regen, double dorans+elixir is like 25 mp5 if we somewhat count the two dorans passives. that's pretty alright on top of base mana regen and more than enough with blue buff. and it's like 400g so you can buy a whole void staff with the difference between that and athenes. or morellos and you still have the cdr, a shitload of mana regen, etc.

drawkcaB

1.) The jungle is absolutely kicking my ass (Xin and Naut so far). Legit shook about trying Sejuani.
2.) I'm using a ton of mana on two champions who never had issues with it before. Junglers that opened up because of the SS changes may be in trouble as things currently stand (Wu and Pantheon)
3.) Towers may look like stone, but they're totally paper. Just mucking about the jungle, I noticed that two of my inner turrets were down due to minions by 14 mins. Decided to see how well the turrets stand up to a champion. Not well. Took it down from full hp as level ~10 Xin in about 7 seconds.

Neat changes in concept, but the numbers are all sorts of fucked right now.

jerd

If anyone wants to duo NA I'll let you carry me. I'm rusty tho. I work night shift so I'm usually on during the day.

I was I'm teambuilder queue for 25 min today. Finally just quit. Idk what's up with that thing atm

sleepykyo

1.) The jungle is absolutely kicking my ass (Xin and Naut so far). Legit shook about trying Sejuani.
2.) I'm using a ton of mana on two champions who never had issues with it before. Junglers that opened up because of the SS changes may be in trouble as things currently stand (Wu and Pantheon)
3.) Towers may look like stone, but they're totally paper. Just mucking about the jungle, I noticed that two of my inner turrets were down due to minions by 14 mins. Decided to see how well the turrets stand up to a champion. Not well. Took it down from full hp as level ~10 Xin in about 7 seconds.

Neat changes in concept, but the numbers are all sorts of fucked right now.

Do you see J4/Vi making it through the new jungle?

drawkcaB

Do you see J4/Vi making it through the new jungle?

....let's find out!

EDIT: Vi's good. Krugs(smite) -> Wolves -> Red Buff (smite) -> blue buff -> Toad for level 4. About 40% health left. Seems like she *might* be able to gank after blue buff. Blue and Red buff are going to have to give that massive heal smite bonus. Right now I don't see how you can clear to 4 without smiting Red. I've always been complete butt with Jarvan's clear. Wouldn't want to lead people on either way.

Ferga said:
Why wouldn't PBE want me? I'm a jungle main :c

Want to experiment with jungle routes so badly

You have to start with either Toad or Krugs. Smite them to get the increased damage buff (execute or poison). Get any other non-red/blue buff camp and then go to red buff, smite it to get the health bonus. I guarantee that if you don't do this, you will have to back by level 3...if you can even make it that far.

Most success so far, unsurprisingly, has been with S1 high tier junglers, mainly Nocturne and Trundle. But even then I'd never take either of them to go ganking before 6. Just no way. You're always way too beat up.

As of right now, I absolutely hate any non-item related jungle changes. If this is how S5 would start, I'd quit this game. Fortunately, there's no chance in hell of that happening. Item changes are however ace.

Ferga

Single target damage dealing junglers are back?

Hell yeahhhh

Watched a few jungling videos. Those new wraith birds look like they hurt like hell

drawkcaB

Single target damage dealing junglers are back?

Hell yeahhhh

Watched a few jungling videos. Those new wraith birds look like they hurt like hell

The birds are hell. The damage on the small birds is ridiculous.

It's not so much the single target as much is it those old S1 junglers have good sustain. If you can make it red buff and smite for the health bonus you'll be in good shape from tehre on out.

The best path for every jungler is Kruge(smite immediately) -> Wolves -> Red buff(smite). Across the 7 junglers I've tested, there has been no exception so far.

Also, Kruge's buff applies to minions as well as monsters, which is fucking ridiculous when you're pushing a wave.

sleepykyo

The birds are hell. The damage on the small birds is ridiculous.

The best path for every jungler is Kruge(smite immediately) -> Wolves -> Red buff(smite). Across the 7 junglers I've tested, there has been no exception so far.

That's a shame, I was under the impression that they were aiming for some champs to take different paths.

drawkcaB

It can be changed to do that. The problem is two hold: first Kruge is quite a bit easier than Toadie (Kruge buff might be better too, not so sure about that yet) and red buff's heal on smite is way way better than blue buff's mana gain on smite.

Putting a slightly smaller heal + small mana gain on smiting either red or blue immediately opens things up again.

Moakai jungle can't even do the best route I've found so far.

Sofo

I will definitely need some vids once changes go live to spoonfeed me. ;x

Also where exactly in the river is the river buff? Like what stops botlane or top lane to just grab it and make it a skirmish objective?

Edit: Oh, it pops at 20 min what?

drawkcaB

Around that mark, yeah. It's right in the middle of the river where the terrain meets the water (even though on the mini-map is looks like it's close to the bush. The crab speed shrine also pops up right in front Baron/Dragon pit, if you're wondering.

Also, I hate it. Killing some dumbass creep shouldn't complete lock out a gank path.

EDIT: Kinda surprised, but Rengar isn't much worse off in the new jungle, at least to level 4.

just played with the most obvious elo booster of all time, played horrible and got matched up with silvers/bronzies, flamed all game long. what's the point of boosting if everyone knows you're terrible.

God damn, the scope of the PBE changes is ridiculous. And the jungle frikkin' hurts now too: if even Trundle gets his shit pushed in by some camps (like the Razorbeaks), then I don't want to know how bad some of the other champions will have it. Kind of bummed about the new Banner of Command though: yeah it's more team-oriented on PBE and it's probably a change for the best, but I liked the synergy its Live version had with top Elise. Oh well.

Also, is there a bug or intended design choice with the upgraded Smites? I tried Quick Smite earlier and none of the monster perks appeared after using it to kill them off. May have missed a memo somewhere.

I hope the crab is like, rly cute
This little guy:

20008sxjzw.png

I thought so too, at the start, but I realize that they're probably just going to add a lot of particle effects so you can see "Okay, this dude is clearly decked the fuck out in buffs, I should avoid him". As long as people understand that these particle effects mean this guy is much stronger than his levels/items would lead you to believe, that should be enough. You don't actually need to know the fine details of the numbers or whatever.
Some Rioters did bring up that they still have a lot of work left to wrap up to help define these buffs and new jungle items with immediate visual clarity, while also looking into different avenues to teach new / inexperienced players as the pre-season rolls out, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom