• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of champions DeadNames hates:

Jarvan
Darius
Irelia's E
Fizz
Zed and Yasuo because the people that play them are morons
Akali
Vayne
Tristana
Lucian
Caitlyn
Braum
Leona
Lulu
Gnar (even though I play him, he's so annoying to lane vs)
Kat
Nidalee
Orianna
Zilean

and NeoGAF's favorite waifu-

-none other than-

Syndra!

Leona is perfect. Leave her out of this.

Ferga

What is the correct reaction to an unexpected 2v1?

Just stay within experience range?

That, coordinate tp ganks to 4v2 their bot/top lane or if you are on the same page as your team, you can lane swap back.

If you do not do this well, the other team will follow along and you will lose a tonne of exp and cs trying to follow their swaps.

In the season 2 GAF ranked 5s, we practiced lane swapping for 10 or so games and destroyed every team that attempted to swap back. They could never keep up and their laners were all 1 or 2 levels behind. We got free dragons when we knew they were backing for swaps.

Holy_Chic

Banned
Has someone kept a count of which champions you hate at this point?

Vi is a jungler with strong clears, potent mid/bot ganks post 6, that suffers from weak early pressure and a rather large vulnerability to being invaded. Like most junglers with strong hard cc ganks (rammus being another good example) you will want to try and ward her jungle to find our her position, rather than simply warding the side bushes of your lanes.

You don't seem to realize that if a champion is strong in some areas it doesn't make them broken, it means you have to alter your play around them.

I feel like the litmus test for this behavior is playing against Annie mid. She's extremely one dimensional and squishy. If you're bad, you get destroyed, if you make adjustments to counter her, you will quickly demolish her.

think that guy is like 1300 mmr? i wouldn't put too much stock in it.

zkylon

zkylewd
What is the correct reaction to an unexpected 2v1?

Just stay within experience range?

i'd say try to stay between exp range and harass range

cos if you're like half health they'll dive you

but oftentimes ppl won't be able to coordinate a low level dive on someone with 100% hp

Wait.. you dont hate Talon? I'm surprised.
why, if he hated talon he'd maybe have a point

(tho tbh that list isn't so terrible)

Nev

Banned
What difficult matchups to be aware of? Ice blast people behind minions for harass? Skill order? Early itemization?

Easy - Fizz, Twisted Fate, Akali, Talon

Medium - Zed, Yasuo, Orianna, Ahri

Hard and annoying as fuck - Xerath, Syndra, Ziggs

Please note that Fizz, as the bullshit champion he is, will snowball with one or two undeserved kills even if he sucked in lane, so never stop following him and tell your idiotic botlane to stop overextending without vision.

Of course, ice blast people behind minions for harass, except if you don't want to push.
R-Q-W-E
Doran - Athene if against Syndra, Ziggs or Xerath. Rush Needlessly Large Rod recommended if confident/against champions with non retarded lanes.

Tips - Wait for R's stun to be over to use W, especially in ganks/picks. Make good use of the passive and you won't need chalice in lane, use E in ganks after the enemy has used their CC if you can survive it and can't avoid it. Use E to help you burst people down. Use E + Flash to pick carries unexpectedly (efectiveness not guaranteed in decent elo). Don't always use ALT + R, try to ult the adc. Learn to use E so the ground particle is hidden or partially hidden with terrain (example, near the wraith corners); calculate where you're gonna appear when aiming it to a wall and make an advantage out of it. This is very important because it means you can appear totally out of nowhere, but you can also fail and appear behind the wall if you don't know the particular outcomes depending on the part of the map.

Sofo

Wanted to say thanks to EUWGAF for the ranked 5v5 team matches yesterday evening. Man, was a lot of fun but I also realized I'm pure trash. ._.

Oh well, they say the first step is to accept it and improve from there!

If any of you has the replays from yesterday, hook me up! I'd love to analyze them a little bit (I forgot to turn on lolreplay, with all the skype shenanigans).

Fun times!

Wow Ahri's Q is broken as fuck. Playing Zed and my Q would do minimal damage to her. Just one hit from her Q and I would lose 1/3 of my health... Like wtf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xxWt4hF7fw

This video has the exact same matchup in case you wanna pick up some tips. I like the commentary and he generally gives good advice without thinking too high of himself.

23qwerty

Wanted to say thanks to EUWGAF for the ranked 5v5 team matches yesterday evening. Man, was a lot of fun but I also realized I'm pure trash. ._.

Oh well, they say the first step is to accept it and improve from there!

If any of you has the replays from yesterday, hook me up! I'd love to analyze them a little bit (I forgot to turn on lolreplay, with all the skype shenanigans).

Fun times!

Try looking up your name on op.gg maybe someone recorded it in the match history. For future reference that's a thing you can do when you start a game.

Sofo

Try looking up your name on op.gg maybe someone recorded it in the match history. For future reference that's a thing you can do when you start a game.

You're right! Sadly nobody did ._. But does it work always? I've tried using it before and it gave me an error message in Korean. ty btw!

Newt

This game I had with Panda, holy shit.
9e2bc363d5ae230cf252586e8681e5ba.png

The Hecarim that went 25/6 was so salty, lol. I miss Gold because of stuff like this.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's sad that wrongnames has to pin it on the waifu thing that ppl here actually defend syndra

Easy - Fizz, Twisted Fate, Akali, Talon

Medium - Zed, Yasuo, Orianna, Ahri

Hard and annoying as fuck - Xerath, Syndra, Ziggs

Please note that Fizz, as the bullshit champion he is, will snowball with one or two undeserved kills even if he sucked in lane, so never stop following him and tell your idiotic botlane to stop overextending without vision.

Of course, ice blast people behind minions for harass, except if you don't want to push.
R-Q-W-E
Doran - Athene if against Syndra, Ziggs or Xerath. Rush Needlessly Large Rod recommended if confident/against champions with non retarded lanes.

Tips - Wait for R's stun to be over to use W, especially in ganks/picks. Make good use of the passive and you won't need chalice in lane, use E in ganks after the enemy has used their CC if you can survive it and can't avoid it. Use E to help you burst people down. Use E + Flash to pick carries unexpectedly (efectiveness not guaranteed in decent elo). Don't always use ALT + R, try to ult the adc. Learn to use E so the ground particle is hidden or partially hidden with terrain (example, near the wraith corners); calculate where you're gonna appear when aiming it to a wall and make an advantage out of it. This is very important because it means you can appear totally out of nowhere, but you can also fail and appear behind the wall if you don't know the particular outcomes depending on the part of the map.

good tips

btw its good to know that e can go deeper than the ground claw particle thingie shows. if you aim it at a wall you can go from like from dragon/baron to red buff and through wolves to the bot/top inner turret

also remember you don't have to be an assassin with lizzy, if you feel like your bot lane's carrying you can just turn into peelmaster and just stick close to that fed trist and ult fizz or whoever jumps at her for foolproof insta-peel.

also always do the walking fakeout when e'ing out for the style points

Tizoc

2 straight losses in ranked and now I am at 1 LP.
This last match our Ahri was trash and our ez would fucking solo.
Feeling so pissed right now.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Never had a stomp this big. Not as far as I can remember at least

yUYwHLz.png

Ferga

Why would ypu go ad soraka without lifesteal. I mean imagine the glory of an unkillable support from raka heals tagged with an infinitaley sustaining soraka.

Oh god, im think im going to try it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
have you ever had a match

where you swap where your flash usually is

and oh god the plays would be hilarious if it wasn't you flashing randomly in lane

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
D for flash.

F flash users are renegades and uncultured savages.

Musician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xxWt4hF7fw

This video has the exact same matchup in case you wanna pick up some tips. I like the commentary and he generally gives good advice without thinking too high of himself.

As the new resident Ahri expert I feel confident in saying that that Ahri was extremely shitty. Starting off dorans against Zed, having 3 cs at 5 minutes, walking into a Zed shadow while at half hp and then, after dying three times, building a chalice against an ad champ. She's pretty much trolling. There's some good advice on how to use your momentum, though.

Ferga

F is only for flash when I have smite or teleport.

Otherwise D is for "DAMN you so smart for putting flash closer to your index finger which has a faster reflex!"

Sofo

As the new resident Ahri expert I feel confident in saying that that Ahri was extremely shitty. Starting off dorans against Zed, having 3 cs at 5 minutes, walking into a Zed shadow while at half hp and then, after dying three times, building a chalice against an ad champ. She's pretty much trolling. There's some good advice on how to use your momentum, though.

Yeah she wasn't the best Ahri out there but was probably on tilt at that point, who knows! But the core was that foxdrop was pointing out things both Ahri and Zed could/should do better, so I think it manages to get the point across.

F is only for flash when I have smite or teleport.

Otherwise D is for "DAMN you so smart for putting flash closer to your index finger which has a faster reflex!"

I have long fingers! Definitely have no problems reaching for F as fast as I can reach the D! (get it? get it??! huehue)

maybe I'm in the minority here, but I rest my 4 fingers on my left hand on the QWER keys, so my index finger is closer to the F key. Makes pinging easier too.

But I've heard that I'm weird for using my baby finger so...

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ring, middle and index rest on qwe. Thumb on spacebar so I can reset camera with space or spam laugh on c. Ring finger moves down for a click and middle up to two for w/e is smartcasted there (crucible, botrk or dfg) and index moves over to ult. Never had any problems that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom