• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make a lot of sense if Sion wasn't being worked on for two years and Riot could make a kit worth a damn in 6 months.

did you know:

Talon's kit was designed in 2 weeks.

The expression is obviously hyperbole, but seriously, there's no denying Riot had this god in mind when making Sion's kit.

eh. As Stone points out, champions are in development for long periods of time before they are released

that Smite god came out in April, so about 6 months before Sion. I would be very surprised if Sion came together in 6 months.

Also, taking inspiration from something good isn't a bad thing. If you see a good idea and find a good way to implement it into your game, I think that's a great thing.

jerd

Yeh I have no doubt that Sion's kit was far from finished when Kumbha was released

But I doubt they modeled a bruiser's kit after a support. I mean, Kumbha is a walking CC machine, with hard CC on 3 of his 4 abilities. He has a ton of shit to set up that snare. They both have a minion toss and a charged slam, but even those abilities work in completely different ways.

Nev

Banned
Yeh I have no doubt that Sion's kit was far from finished when Kumbha was released

But I doubt they modeled a bruiser's kit after a support. I mean, Kumbha is a walking CC machine, with hard CC on 3 of his 4 abilities. He has a ton of shit to set up that snare. They both have a minion toss and a charged slam, but even those abilities work in completely different ways.

The concept of support in Smite is not quite like in Lol and you know it. There a lot of supports in Smite that are basically tanks while in Lol there's only Leona, Alistar and Braum. Kumbha is a tank, and so is Sion, regardless of their lanes.

Einbroch

Banned
Hmm, Talon, Talon.

Let's give him some kind of AoE, but not too far away cause he's like Altair and we gotta make him all assassiny. How about Morde's Q? OH OH, BUT IT SLOWS AND COMES BACK TO HIM. I'm so smart.

Well, he needs to close gaps. Just give him a blink-to-target ability, I can't be assed to think of anything else. Make it silence, whatever.

His ultimate should be all sneaky. That Q idea I had was so damn smart, let's just do that for his ult. But make it a circle and he goes stealth! Guys, I'm really onto something here.

Oh shit, he needs a third ability. I dunno, a bleed or something, who cares.

jerd

Yeah I think all viable supports in Smite are tanks and are built straight tank. Honestly doesn't change my opinion though. He still has a support kit in respects to the game. I'm not saying they didn't look at him, but probably not any more or less than HiRez looked at Shen for Athena, Brand for Agni, Jarvan for Odin, etc. etc.

Bacon

Not everything is going to be 100 percent original. There are hundreds of champions in all mobas so there is bound to be some similar abilities. I really don't see the issue.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
AMA about Lissandra. She's my second waifu.

What difficult matchups to be aware of? Ice blast people behind minions for harass? Skill order? Early itemization?

jerd

That too. I mean, unless you're pulling the majority of your kits from other games I don't think there is anything wrong with using a cohesive kit from another game as inspiration. They honestly aren't even usually that similar after they're molded to fit the context of each game. Smite was releasing new Gods every 2-3 weeks for a while so it would honestly be super difficult for them to all be 100% original.

Ferga

I dont care mucn for originality in a kit. All I want in a new champ is for it to feel different.

Sure, originality is a part of that but even the smallest things like cast time or a wind up can make a huge difference in determining whether a champ fits your playstyle.

zkylon

zkylewd
What difficult matchups to be aware of? Ice blast people behind minions for harass? Skill order? Early itemization?
r>q>w>e

q poke will push the lane but that's alright, just don't be caught with your e on cd while doing it

i personally like to do double dorans->dfg->zhonyas or regular mid with athenes rush into zhonyas. athenes build is for more rough matchups like ziggs or xerath who can poke you down and permapush your lane

Korten

Banned
Hey guys, I found my new background!

d6fb.png

Annnd!

e6fb.png

Isn't that just beautiful? Anyone want to place bets? Want to see how low I can go? Dare I say, back even to Silver III by Monday night?

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't know what you're trying to accomplish dude

why are you playing the game if you're losing and feeling miserable

srs

I don't get this. NA match history doesn't load for me, it just shows a big blank box, yet EUW match history works fine. I liked in-game match history better. :(

jerd

Alright, I'll just keep losing. Should be able to make it to 0 LP by the end of tonight!

If anyone thinks I'm joking... I'm not- I just have lost all hope. There is no point in trying anymore.

You could always just come play Infinite Crisis with me.

You may never get challenger in league but you're pretty much one of the top 100 players as soon as you queue up in IC

forgrim

Alright, I'll just keep losing. Should be able to make it to 0 LP by the end of tonight!

If anyone thinks I'm joking... I'm not- I just have lost all hope. There is no point in trying anymore.

i assume you play top. literally top has very little influence on the game unless you roam and try to help your other lanes out. you are at the mercy of your other maybe terrible players.

and do what i do when i lose when i play top. blame my botlane for being terrible (they usually are)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't get this. NA match history doesn't load for me, it just shows a big blank box, yet EUW match history works fine. I liked in-game match history better. :(
I can see your match history. Why is Newt still playing Ashe?

Korten

Banned
i assume you play top. literally top has very little influence on the game unless you roam and try to help your other lanes out. you are at the mercy of your other maybe terrible players.

and do what i do when i lose when i play top. blame my botlane for being terrible (they usually are)

Oh I play mid as well. Lost there as well- see no point. In my 6 latest matches, not a single lane has won.

Holy_Chic

Banned

seems like you fed gnar (top) and your team was garbage. sounds pretty standard for silver players.

unless your god tier at top; stick to mid or jungle. more impact on the game usually

zky how has Lissandra been doing mid lane lately?

Trying to start a mid pool from scratch and looking at champions I haven't played in forever.

brian!

If sion remake was earlier this season, then he would have dominated the top lane. I have very little doubt on that.

Im not sure about next season though.

i dunno, a lot of the good tanks had ways of going in and are more mobile than sion

i like that he is a tanky dood from the jungle right now that builds an item no one really builds tho

Newt

Armor quints? Is that an error or some weird korean strat, Most sivir players run attack spd at high mmr.
Attack speed is a viable option, but I feel it's not as relevant when you have a reliable auto attack reset. Armour quints feel really good, and allow you to take more risks. I feel they're invaluable against someone like Caitlyn.

zkylon

zkylewd
zky how has Lissandra been doing mid lane lately?

Trying to start a mid pool from scratch and looking at champions I haven't played in forever.
i think she's pretty good

probably not worth maining cos she's so weird but i like her as a counter to high mobility assassins and i like her crazy cc and how easy it is to dfg blow up ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom