• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For the sin of having a targeted stun, Riot made the rest of his kit entirely boring and useless.

Blizzard

Banned
it just happens often enough that you're robbed of decent ranked games. like the reason i play ranked teams is to get away from shitty normals so playing against depressingly terrible bronze players is funny for a second but like it gets old pretty fast and it must not be much fun for em either (i don't really care for this tho, if you're getting elo boosted fuck yourself)

also having people get victorious skins for free out of playing with their diamond players just cheapens the value of getting gold for everyone, and like this peaked pretty hard after they did that limit thing on duo queue so yea, it's just bullshit

like i just want good gamesf
What does it hurt if someone else gets a skin? The perceived accomplishment is lessened slightly? At any rate, it sounds like you're basically saying you wish Riot would remove duo queues, which I rather agree with. That would make everyone be on the same page, get rid of any possible abuse cases besides someone else using your account (which can already happen and which is already supposed to frowned upon), and bring to light any potential problems with playing as a solo player if everyone is faced with them.

If your mmr is high enough, you'll presumably get matched against good players, so the answer to wanting good enemies is to win enough games until that happens. As far as I know, mmr will be taken into account in both normal drafts and ranked teams. If you're playing against terrible people in normals, maybe your mmr is low there.

Or maybe you're saying it's frustrating it takes so long to get your normal mmr higher, which yeah I can understand. League takes forever to grind stuff, I suppose it's just the nature of the thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish thet reverted the lasr batch of Taric nerfs.

For a support who has to all in but lacked mobility, he kinda wanted those.
maybe for the time being, but taric serious needs a rework

his kit is terrible

What does it hurt if someone else gets a skin? The perceived accomplishment is lessened slightly?
pretty much, yea.

elo boosting is bullshit cos it cheapens your own work

if u want a free skin git gud son

it's not even that hard to get gold, cmon

At any rate, it sounds like you're basically saying you wish Riot would remove duo queues, which I rather agree with.
no, i like duo queue existing as long as it doesn't raises enemy team mmr, matches against another team also with a duo queue and can't be gamed with like diamond+silver, etc.

If your mmr is high enough, you'll presumably get matched against good players, so the answer to wanting good enemies is to win enough games until that happens. As far as I know, mmr will be taken into account in both normal drafts and ranked teams. If you're playing against terrible people in normals, maybe your mmr is low there.

Or maybe you're saying it's frustrating it takes so long to get your normal mmr higher, which yeah I can understand. League takes forever to grind stuff, I suppose it's just the nature of the thing.
?

i mean i never get good games since i play against plats, be it solo queue, normals or ranked teams, but at least they're not this mess

it doesn't happen every game but like i said it's like 1/3rd of the games or something to get matched against a team of like 4 golds and a diamond which makes it so that either diamond carries real hard or the rest of em feed enough that it doesn't matter. i don't like having my games decided on some guy elo boosting his friends, games where we play against straight out high golds/plats (or even when it's just straight out diamonds and they stomp us) are much better

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Educate the masses dimb

I tried him a week or so ago and everything about him felt so mediocre
You run the tankiest rune page in existence. You start coin or Ruby Crystal because the Face of the Mountain item path is for scrubs, and mana regen is cool. You try to zone people out and take advantage of the massive burst potential Taric has with R+W combo. Auto junk to keep your cooldowns low. Consider buying Swifties because Swifties are cool. It's pretty straightforward. Skill priority is W > Q > E, and the heal is actually decently strong. Taric is also one of the last supports that can still buff/heal/shield minions.

jerd

You run the tankiest rune page in existence. You start coin or Ruby Crystal because the Face of the Mountain item path is for scrubs, and mana regen is cool. You try to zone people out and take advantage of the massive burst potential Taric has with R+W combo. Auto junk to keep your cooldowns low. Consider buying Swifties because Swifties are cool. It's pretty straightforward. Skill priority is W > Q > E, and the heal is actually decently strong. Taric is also one of the last supports that can still buff/heal/shield minions.

Thanks man

I love learning new champs

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Taric was pretty OP just before the start of the leona/thresh/morg era, i wouldn't be surprised if he was still very strong now that we're getting past that.

Edwardo

NA LCS Summer Split - Week 10 - Day 2

t1406487600z1.png

Evil Geniuses vs Curse
Cloud 9 vs LMQ
Team SoloMid vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Dignitas vs compLexity

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

"I've been trolled three games in a row, I'm near tilting"
"why are you playing"
"that's a good question"
"ready for a fourth, shithead????"

tune in to see how this one plays out!

"I've been trolled three games in a row, I'm near tilting"
"why are you playing"
"that's a good question"
"ready for a fourth, shithead????"

tune in to see how this one plays out!

PRi5uu0.jpg

it played out well! the shaco got a triple kill on a counter gank and I said gj and he said fuck you! he was very mean but very good and nobody trolled. good thing i didnt dodge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
any champion that relies on your teammates doing well is shit.

you are the only constant in your games, if you want elo you have to carry yourself not empower someone elses ability to carry you.

So then nobody should ever play support??

ALN1031

So then nobody should ever play support??

Idk man, when I play Fidd support I usually do enough damage to 1 v 2 their bot lane.

Anyone else get a bugsplat every time the nexus explodes?

I might be getting something similar when spectating. When nexus explodes, game just freezes, and no victory message comes up. I have to manually close the program. Only when spectating though, somehow.

Ketkat

any champion that relies on your teammates doing well is shit.

you are the only constant in your games, if you want elo you have to carry yourself not empower someone elses ability to carry you.

Its this kind of mindset that really hurts team compositions.

So I don't know if there was a stealth change or something, but I've been noticing that the TP effect doesn't show on the minimap sometimes if the ward teleported to is in a brush. What's the deal?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think the ward itself will show on the minimap, but the big circle thing doesn't show up. Happened in my game just now. I'll jump on and try to test it at some point.

Moodmon

Neo Member

Actually really interested in this, as I am sure he is secretly at least decent. Do you start E for the stun? I have been going E>W>Q but very few decent Taric guides out there.

Would armour stuff be usual, or would going frozen/spirit for the cooldowns be a better idea? I think the element of surprise gets people as they simply have no idea how to lane against Taric, because who plays Taric?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
and I know a bunch of gaffers who can't get to diamond cuz they don't play sivir.

I dont' play sivir :(

I can't hit Diamond because I played too much Divinity: Original Sin. I CLEARLY possess the skill for it if I cared enough >_>...

#PlatExcuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom