• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Do you mean his R? His E doesn't have a passive

I mean his W passive (the bonus %HP damage) and his E doing % damage. God damn, that's insane.

I think he'll be Lucian V2. People will find some cheesy shit with him, he'll spend months in the PBE, be nerfed to shit, released, then buffed back to being OP.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
his transformation is long and notably stopped auto attacking during the change [although that could just be because the person in the video is a jerk]

I mean his W passive (the bonus %HP damage) and his E doing % damage. God damn, that's insane.

I think he'll be Lucian V2. People will find some cheesy shit with him, he'll spend months in the PBE, be nerfed to shit, released, then buffed back to being OP.

you should really keep your balance opinions to yourself at times mate

CRS

I think he's just fucking with the thread at this point. Calling him Ryze AND Lucian 2.0 is a bit obvious now.

DeadNames

Banned
you should really keep your balance opinions to yourself at times mate

Why? If you build Bork you'll shred through tanks. Between the % damage, bork active, and the MS bonus, you'll be unstoppable.

I do however like that you can't control the transformation.

I think he's just fucking with the thread at this point. Calling him Ryze AND Lucian 2.0 is a bit obvious now.

Why? People were finding some cheesy shit like 10k damage on Lucian with his ult and he spent months in the PBE until he was released at an underwhelming state.

Also I think Gnar may have an interaction with Garen. At around 1:40 he says something that sounds a lot like "demacia"

garath

10 damage on his boomerang level 1 with a 20 second cooldown? Is that real? That might be the lowest damaging ability in the game.

I'd start W jungle. He'd be ok with a typical attack speed jungle page. That low damage Q might be a dealbreaker though. 10 damage to first monster, 5 subsequently is nothing :(

Why? If you build Bork you'll shred through tanks. Between the % damage, bork active, and the MS bonus, you'll be unstoppable.

I do however like that you can't control the transformation.

Why? People were finding some cheesy shit like 10k damage on Lucian with his ult and he spent months in the PBE until he was released at an underwhelming state.

none of that Lucian stuff is true. He wasn't nerfed to shit on PBE, they just changed the AP ratio on his ult. He was released in a fine state and was under appreciated, with some quality of life buffs making him see more play.

And first you're calling Gnar Ryze 2.0, now Lucian 2.0

At least wait to see it in action before making balance comments. We don't even know ratios or anything

10 damage on his boomerang level 1 with a 20 second cooldown? Is that real? That might be the lowest damaging ability in the game.

I'd start W jungle. He'd be ok with a typical attack speed jungle page. That low damage Q might be a dealbreaker though. 10 damage to first monster, 5 subsequently is nothing :(

It has a total AD ratio, and it can hit twice so it's probably not too bad in terms of damage.

ALN1031

He's not a stance switcher, his transformation works like Shyvana's. You'll only get multiple leaps if you time stuff just as you're about to turn back into Mini.

Ah, that's good. I thought that would be it, since his abilities only listed one cooldown, but wanted to make sure.

I think overall, Gnar is a relatively well designed champ. His kit may seem overloaded, but he has definitive areas of weakness where he can be exploited, his mini form. If he's too lane dominant as a ranged top, they can make him squishier, if he's stomping everyone in Mega form in teamfights, they can make his bar fill up slower or tone down his damage. I think this is pretty healthy overall, it's not like Thresh or Yasuo where you can't really nerf certain parts of their kit without reworking the ability entirely.

CRS

Since his Q is the similar to Sivir's Q, I think Riot just want to lower his wave clear ability at lower levels and mainly use it as a kiting ability if the enemy champ tries to get close to you. Since Mini Gnar might be more on the squishy side from what I understand.

Also, there's this "If Gnar catches his boomerang or picks up his boulder its cooldown is reduced by 60%" but it still depends on you catching the boomerang.

ALN1031

%health on w passive

vayne is that you

Well Vi has that too, but the thing to note on his W passive is that it is magic damage, and from the looks of it, Gnar is going to be played AD Bruiser/tank and won't get mpen items. 14% might be a bit too high, but with some magic resist it'll be a lot less scary.

DeadNames

Banned
If DeadNames thinks Gnar will be absurdly, wildly OP then I'm excited to see the champ in action now

He's got 400 range and melees have a window of time to get to him (mega gnar).

I dunno. On paper he seems broken as hell. I'll have to play vs him to see for myself.

CRS

BtvLKxlCMAAIDJv.jpg:large

Arcade MF plays Duck Hunt when she recalls.

Also, she has a defect Gameboy. I would return that if I were her.

Edit:

She's watching Spongebob?

BtvLKzWCIAAzhX-.jpg:large

ALN1031

PBE is online \o/

Gnar unavailable though, dang, will post impressions when he goes available I guess.

Bonus: Gnar TIPS!

Playing as Gnar:

-Managing your Fury is very important. Try to time out your transformations so you can get maximum benefit from both forms.
-Position yourself next to walls to bait your enemies into getting stunned by your ultimate.
-Know your strengths! Little Gnar is fast, squishy, and has high sustained damage. Big Gnar is slow, tough, and has high burst.

Playing Against Gnar:

-Gnar can't gain rage for 10 seconds after he turns from big to little. Use this chance to engage on his team.
-Gnar's animations and resource bar change as he gets closer to transforming.
-Gnar's ultimate stuns if he hits you into a wall. Be careful when fighting him near one.

Ferrio

Banned
Arcade mf going to be purchasable?

Damn gone almost two weeks and I feel like I missed a ton of shit. Any notable nerfs/buffs?

pigeon

Banned
* All of Gnar's cooldowns are really high! 20 second Boomerang (so even if you catch it it's lousy poke early) and 18 second Hop. He's going to be incredibly vulnerable if he whiffs his escapes. Worth noting that Hop is also his AS steroid, so in order to burst he'll have to blow his escape offensively.
* 14% max health damage is pretty strong, but every third attack means it's basically 4.5%, which is way less impressive. In lane you'll probably want to do something like AA->Q->AA and retreat quickly for your poke, which will do a pretty sizable chunk. Like Trist, he'll use E to go in for a kill, but unlike Trist he won't get a reset if he gets it, so he'll be more vulnerable.
* Unclear as to whether you get to chain Hops repeatedly if you keep landing on guys. This is actually kind of a risky mechanic since you presumably don't get control back until you're done hopping.
* Melee AoE Condemn is a fun-sounding idea. With good mechanics you could hard carry whole games with this sucker. I want to see how quickly you can go from Crunch into GNAR.

Looks like Gnar mostly scales with AD and AS, gets a lot of free slows and movement bonuses, and really wants cooldown reduction. I'm guessing Black Cleaver and BorK?

ALN1031

Fucking mobility creep. Gnar is making it worse.

To be fair, mobility creep has already progressed to a point where new champions who don't have some form of mobility have a really hard time making up for it. I'd like to list Vel'Koz, who does quite a bit of damage, some true damage to boot, but he's not really played mid as he was designed because he's really immobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom