• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be as excited as I am? It's taken me a long time to track down the first game even though I've had the sequels for years.
Let's put it this way, having played the sequels first will probably be a biiiiig hindrance.

The game hasn't aged well. It plays and looks like a 1995 PS1 game.
He broke the real servers. I already don't like him.
I'm scared of how buggy his patch will be now.

Subtle

So completely unrelated, but I hadn't check up on my AP Sona Mid guide in months and holy shit it has 540,200 views! Wow. Guess there is a small, but dedicated Sona mid playerbase.

RFKxMxq.png

:^)

Type2

Let's put it this way, having played the sequels first will probably be a biiiiig hindrance.

The game hasn't aged well. It plays and looks like a 1995 PS1 game.

I'm scared of how buggy his patch will be now.
I didn't play the sequels. I've been waiting to play them all in order. I'm alright with ugly graphics as long as the story is goofy and gameplay is fun.

Edit: think I misread what you were saying.
I'm just looming for a quirky rpg.

Blizzard

Banned
So completely unrelated, but I hadn't check up on my AP Sona Mid guide in months and holy shit it has 540,200 views! Wow. Guess there is a small, but dedicated Sona mid playerbase.

RFKxMxq.png

:^)
You need to update it about how Riot keeps nerfing her for mid, and how the upcoming Sona rework will make her worse/better.

I think it's cool it has so many views.

Tizoc

Korea style Kayle can still wreck people. Helps that while you're focused on attacking you can heal or Ulti a near dieing ally.

Subtle

You need to update it about how Riot keeps nerfing her for mid, and how the upcoming Sona rework will make her worse/better.

I think it's cool it has so many views.

yeah I'm gonna wait for the patch notes to theory craft and update it. but after the athenes nerf, lich bane nerfs, s4 support ratio nerfs, and now the rework. idk how many nerfs she can take before being straight up unviable.

Blizzard

Banned
Movespeed boost, can interrupt Katarina ult, tanky and burst damage, gap closer, escape, slow, stun, melee and ranged damage, two champion forms for 6+ abilities, sounds like we've checked the boxes here! :p
I neglected to mention "AOE CC", "% health damage" and "attack speed boost" as well. *edit* Oh, I missed "manaless" and he's only ranged damage?

It sounds like only having partial control over when he transforms may at least be a significant aspect, though.

When they talk about champions feeling good to play against, though...do many people HONESTLY feel that enemy champions "feel" good to play against, if the person in question is losing? If so, which champions do you enjoy losing to?

Newt

I neglected to mention "AOE CC", "% health damage" and "attack speed boost" as well. *edit* Oh, I missed "ranged" and "manaless".

It sounds like only having partial control over when he transforms may at least be a significant aspect, though.

When they talk about champions feeling good to play against, though...do many people HONESTLY feel that enemy champions "feel" good to play against, if the person in question is losing? If so, which champions do you enjoy losing to?
I'd lose to a Draven or Sivir any game. It's always a treat to see someone play those champions correctly, although very rare.

can't wait for Gnar to TP into a dragon fight with full rage, Hop into the enemy team (thus transforming) and slamming everyone into the wall

also he's adorable

Adding Gnar to the "RIOT PLS MAKE PLUSHIES OF THIS" list.

------------------------------

Also, PBE patch going out now.

Including Arcade Miss Fortune and a new Kayle skin

Newt

can't wait for Gnar to TP into a dragon fight with full rage, Hop into the enemy team (thus transforming) and slamming everyone into the wall

also he's adorable

MISS FORTUNE, KAYLE. TY RITO

DeadNames

Banned
Kits horrendously loaded lol. If he builds tanky he'll be Ryze v2 with an escape.

I'm still gonna get him, hopefully he ends up like Braum where nobody recognizes how freelo he is until 2 or so weeks after release so I can get mad LP.

garath

also he's adorable

Arcade MF?? whoa.

Gnar looks like a jungler to me. They said his jump works on units. He'll burst from bushes, bounce on his teammate and land on the enemy in big GNAR form. Smush.

OP

He can't just turn into Mega Gnar in a teamfight. It seems he'll have to build up rage first and then go in. Hm..

It's probably going to be along the lines of Rengar. Prep your rage before a fight and be ready to unleash it.

ALN1031

Arcade MF?? whoa.

Gnar looks like a jungler to me. They said his jump works on units. He'll burst from bushes, bounce on his teammate and land on the enemy in big GNAR form. Smush.

OP

It's probably going to be along the lines of Rengar. Prep your rage before a fight and be ready to unleash it.

Riot said he's designed to be a top laner. But that doesn't mean anything. If his clear isn't too bad, and he isn't too squishy in mini form, he could work as a jungler.

EDIT: Also, Gnar is probably gonna push out traditional melee top laners even more if he finds a place there and his early numbers are good.

I have Aether Wing so I'll likely never use Riot Kayle

but I do like the MF skin.

remember those are model viewer shots (the Kayle skin in particular looks fucked up) so they'll look better in game

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't really like the visual look of Gnar. It's like those virtual Furby pet simulators you found back in the 90s.

ALN1031

Don't really like the visual look of Gnar. It's like those virtual Furby pet simulators you found back in the 90s.

I actually agree. I'm fine with Mega Gnar though, it looks big and buff and sorta cool. Mini one looks pretty meh, and his auto attack animation lacks power imo.

Subtle

Arcade MF?? whoa.

OP

I think Mini Gnar would die on his first clear. If you build it up and don't cast an ability he transforms automatically. You can't transform into Mega Gnar on whim.

ALN1031

I think Mini Gnar would die on his first clear. If you build it up and don't cast an ability he transforms automatically. You can't transform into Mega Gnar on whim.

You can still fill it like 90% then come to fight. Or, depending on how long his Mega form lasts, you can just turn to it and fight.

CRS

Hahahahahha that is incredibly adorable. I want two.

I like how he still transforms into Mega Gnar regardless if you use an ability or not once you have full rage.

And even though he got hard CC, it being tied to just his Mega form is a nice compensation.

Can't wait to try him out.

garath

I can't think of a single champ that straight up dies on the first clear. It can be slow or requiring many pots, but anyone can do it. One you get a sustain item, it becomes trivial. It'll only be clear speed that defines his early strength or weakness as a jungler. He has the tools for ganking with a slow and gap closer. Need to see his numbers.

It doesn't say his rage decays in mini-gnar form. It's just like Rengar. You use enough abilities to be within 1 ability of transforming and that's your engage time. Two abilities later you are Mega Gnar.

Subtle

This is the worst.

but hes a qt

edit: yeah i was joking. idk. i don't think he'll be that strong of a jungler personally, but we'll see once his numbers come out yea. that'd be kind of hard to manage methinks. his bar fills up slowly early on. so if you fuck up it'll be hard to recover.

DeadNames

Banned
I like how he still transforms into Mega Gnar regardless if you use an ability or not once you have full rage.

Yeah I like this too. He can't just say FU to melees like Jayce/Nid can. If he keeps spamming his spells he's gonna have to go into melee form.

His kit is still horrendously overloaded :p he's cute though, I'll pick him up.

I can't think of a single champ that straight up dies on the first clear. It can be slow or requiring many pots, but anyone can do it. One you get a sustain item, it becomes trivial. It'll only be clear speed that defines his early strength or weakness as a jungler. He has the tools for ganking with a slow and gap closer. Need to see his numbers.

It doesn't say his rage decays in mini-gnar form. It's just like Rengar. You use enough abilities to be within 1 ability of transforming and that's your engage time. Two abilities later you are Mega Gnar.

it is noted in the reveal that his early game rage generation is slow. Probably to not make him too strong in lane by having it up often and also to slow his jungling down.

I'd be surprised if he was a good jungler, but we'll see.

ALN1031

If you're too low after doing the camps, you can be easily counterjungled and killed by any Lee Sin or Elise worth their salt. Also, from his ability previews, you can see his rage decay while in his mini Gnar form, I think it's a safe bet that it'll decay on release as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom