• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As was already mentioned, neither Jinx, Quinn, nor Vi seem to fit into your categories unless you are arguing Jinx is inappropriate.

jinx_the_loose_cannon_by_yumedust-d6tdopu.jpg

It's my fault for not being more clear. What I meant to say was that almost every female champion in League is either: a little girl, a yordle, or someone with a body type that could belong to a model. The "D-cup" was just to poke fun at all the waifus with giant racks that adorn every League promotional image.

lol-5.jpg

Look at all the female icons. They're nearly all:

1) Obviously female
2) Thin lips and small, sharp noses
3) Blemishless faces

On the male side of things, however, you have K-pop idols like Ezreal, Varus and Vlad. Old men like Gragas and Zilean. Roidheads like Xin, Jayce and Garen. Manly men like Olaf, Graves and Draven. Mutants like like Mundo, Urgot, and Singed. Beastmen like Rengar, Khazix, Cho'gath, Warwick, Volimar, Wukong and Alistair.

The message is quite clear. Women are there to be looked at, men can be anything at all.

DAMN IT GIB PBE STORE.

It's my fault for not being more clear. What I meant to say was that almost every female champion in League is either: a little girl, a yordle, or someone with a body type that could belong to a model. The "D-cup" was just to poke fun at all the waifus with giant racks that adorn every League promotional image.

lol-5.jpg

1) Obviously female
3) Blemishless faces

On the male side of things, however, you have K-pop idols like Ezreal, Varus and Vlad. Old men like Gragas and Zilean. Roidheads like Xin, Jayce and Garen. Manly men like Olaf, Graves and Draven. Mutants like like Mundo, Urgot, and Singed. Beastmen like Rengar, Khazix, Cho'gath, Warwick, Volimar, Wukong and Alistair.

The message is quite clear. Women are there to be looked at, men can be anything at all.
dat analysis.

you are correct as usual, my friend. carry on.

Haly

That only makes things worse! Riot gave all of their girls plastic surgery as time went on.

#kpopculture

Soraka_Splash_0.jpg

Behold the purple unicorn goat lady.

This really kinda makes Haly's point. Instead of it being acceptable that she was unattractive/tougher and leaving her that way, they had to give her a "waifu makeover". Because lord knows people will reject a less than pretty female character. Right, guys?

idlewild_

his scaling is on the low side but that's cos he gets free resistances from mega form.

his scaling in mini form looks pretty terrible. second highest hp L1 to 4th lowest, lowest armor/level, low base ad and average scaling, low aa range.

will have to try him out before fully forming an opinion though, his kit looks fun and he's super cute

zkylon

zkylewd

lol-5.jpg

1) Obviously female
3) Blemishless faces

sure

i'm obviously biased playing em pretty girls but i wouldn't mind more lady void creatures and different body types and whatnot. i think next female will probably be pretty unique as riot seem to be getting the idea that syndra-shaped babes are kind of passé and they've been progressively putting more clothes on their champions

imo sexy ain't bad, it's just problematic when it gets boring cos they release like zyra and elise and syndra and they're all design by zeronis who just likes to give everybody huge t and a

2 late yo

Bungie's

that gnar skin , 10/10. dont play top much but will probably still buy.

have been playing zyra mid lately, damn she does dmg. only champ ive had issues with is fizz, he can 1 shot you with his q e combo and dodges your abilities with his e.

ALN1031

This really kinda makes Haly's point. Instead of it being acceptable that she was unattractive/tougher and leaving her that way, they had to give her a "waifu makeover". Because lord knows people will reject a less than pretty female character. Right, guys?

Actually I believe they gave Soraka a makeover because her splash art quality was horrendous and terrible compared to their standards now. Also cause she looked ugly as piss, but w/e.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Until LoL doesn't rely on teen boys to pay their bills all the female champs are going to be waifus and there's nothing anybody can do about it.

Haly

Actually I believe they gave Soraka a makeover because her splash art quality was horrendous and terrible compared to their standards now. Also cause she looked ugly as piss, but w/e.

Yeah, Soraka was always supposed to be "attractive", the splash art was just from a time when their asset standards were too low.

New Soraka art merely reflects their intent.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm curious

are there many non mega hot girls in doto

i know spider is a girl but other than that all the doto girls i can think of are totally woulds

zkylon

zkylewd
Dota2_Medusa02.jpg

if this is her i don't think she counts

like waist size and boob armor kind of undo the uglyness of her face

(not really looking to compete, just looking for games to draw inspiration for)

---

if you ask me i really want an old lady like the witch from spirited away

chihiro-yubaba-spirited-away-399712_953_516.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i'm curious

are there many non mega hot girls in doto

i know spider is a girl but other than that all the doto girls i can think of are totally woulds

Most of the girls in Dota aren't very sexed up/waifu material like they are in LoL, but otherwise most of them conform to a typical thin/big boob body type. Exceptions are the few females that are half-creatures like Naga Siren and Medusa.

Edit: Also it might be worth noting that Dota's male to female ratio is atrocious. They gender bent one of the male characters from OG Dota into a black woman to ad some diversity which is commendable, but they have a long way to go once they reach parity with Dota All Stars and start adding original characters.

Haly

Yeah, BM and Dusa, that's about it.

Same problem there, really, although when you're working off Blizzard's art assets there's only so much you can do.

Legion Commander was a good change of pace, however, having went from a racist, white human to a strong independent racist black woman who don't need no support.
Most of the girls in Dota aren't very sexed up/waifu material like they are in LoL, but otherwise most of them conform to a typical thin/big boob body type. Exceptions are the few females that are half-creatures like Naga Siren and Medusa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20FEGlkdzcw (NSFW)

Haly

Spectre is mai waifu leave her alone dreams.

Kenai

1) Obviously female
3) Blemishless faces

I don't think Quinn, Vayne, Shyvanna, Sejauni, Anivia, Jinx or Kayle really fit that (Vi maybe too?), which is a fair amount of the female cast if you aren't including yordles, more if you are (why don't yordles count?). They definitely don't seem designed as eye candy anyway (except maybe that valentine Vayne skin)

I would really like to see more "unique" species that are female though, like Anivia. I would also like to see them used more in art instead of the more revealing champs all the time. i would like to see a female champ displayed in those that are designed to be "cool" rather than just "cute" or "sexy".

zkylon

zkylewd
so doto's the same eh

sucks

i think riot's aware of the issue tho. latest skins have been pretty tasteful. even the more sexy ones like heartseeker ashe is a lot less exploitative than heartseeker vayne

but hey bring on the sexy, bring on the nasty, bring everything on, i want cleavage, i want monsters with sultry creepy voices, i want chihiro witches, young, old, big, small, i want em all

very fitting choice of music

So still no eta?

tomorrow i think

btw in case someone missed it sona site hints soraka rework at the end

lol, Gnar is so broken.

Braum's best ability? check.

Vayne's best ability? check.

Tristana-grade mobility? check.

Ranged? check.

AOE slow? check.

Rush something like BoTRK --> Ghostblade --> TF and some defensive items and it's a wrap. If he has a weakness, I'm not seeing it. He's great small and just gets even better when big. I'd expect him to have a little trouble with Fiora and similar because he doesn't have hard cc, but lots of champs have trouble with fiora.

while it's a smart move and technically within LCS rules, I think it's bullshit that they can choose to skip a week and get a head start in practice over the other teams.

I hope Riot closes the loophole and doesn't allow them to do it again.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
lol, Gnar is so broken.

Braum's best ability? check.

Vayne's best ability? check.

Tristana-grade mobility? check.

Ranged? check.

AOE slow? check.

Rush something like BoTRK --> Ghostblade --> TF and some defensive items and it's a wrap. If he has a weakness, I'm not seeing it. He's great small and just gets even better when big. I'd expect him to have a little trouble with Fiora and similar because he doesn't have hard cc, but lots of champs have trouble with fiora.

Yet he essentially turns into a different champ when his ult his up so people will then have to adapt to his new playstyle with obvious weaknesses and advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom