• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
lc6gG6FjkY6O2GBB

just pick annie and tower dive him at level 3 :D

Rhaxas

i'd play ryze if I didn't have to make a rune page for him
he seems like he'd be a soothing champion to play

He's actually one of the best champions to learn mechanical skill in my opinion, as he requires you to memorize all the different combos and proper timings of skills with and without your ult.

Bacon

He's actually one of the best champions to learn mechanical skill in my opinion, as he requires you to memorize all the different combos and proper timings of skills with and without your ult.

Proper combo for me when I play ryze is roll my face across the keyboard and hope for the best.

brian!

im already a mechanical god
deus ex machina

i dunno if i'd say ryze needs any special mechanical skill tho
like maybe you could be bad at steadying your mouse and end up spamming all ur spells all over a creep wave instead of the dude you want to hit but

Rhaxas

Proper combo for me when I play ryze is roll my face across the keyboard and hope for the best.

Q>R>E>Q>W>Q Midgame with a frozen heart,RoA and tear is hilarious.

im already a mechanical god
deus ex machina

i dunno if i'd say ryze needs any special mechanical skill tho

Yea I don't mean that he requires special skill to play, it's just that the way his kit works will help your understand skill timings. I don't know your rank obviously, but a lot of people who I see in Bronze to low gold, don't even understand how their champions skills work in conjuction with each other.

There have been so many j4's i've seen who delay their E+Q combo by a second in low elo. It brings a tear to my eye.

bokn

Banned
Err Ryze isn't as a big of a problem as some of you are making him out to be.

Usually it is the failing of the team if Ryze is able to get out of control early game.

He sits at about 50.5% win rate in all ranked ladder, starting at 49% at bronze and rising to around 51% in gold and then falling to 50.75% from plat to diamond.

Hitting his early game anything more than minutely will put him into a cassiopeia rework situation. IIRC there was a stats article that showed ryze's winrate was below 50% for sub 25min games and rose to 52% at the 40 minute mark. This shows that ryze does have a pretty sub par early game compared to other top laners who can properly snowball after a few kills but does indeed have pretty decent scaling.

Part of his inability to 'properly snowball' is that not only does he stay squishy until he completes 1.5 items (RoA+Tear), he lacks a major escape. Junglers pls gankerino

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Err Ryze isn't as a big of a problem as some of you are making him out to be.

Usually it is the failing of the team if Ryze is able to get out of control early game.

He sits at about 50.5% win rate in all ranked ladder, starting at 49% at bronze and rising to around 51% in gold and then falling to 50.75% from plat to diamond.

Hitting his early game anything more than minutely will put him into a cassiopeia rework situation. IIRC there was a stats article that showed ryze's winrate was below 50% for sub 25min games and rose to 52% at the 40 minute mark. This shows that ryze does have a pretty sub par early game compared to other top laners who can properly snowball after a few kills but does indeed have pretty decent scaling.

Part of his inability to 'properly snowball' is that not only does he stay squishy until he completes 1.5 items (RoA+Tear), he lacks a major escape. Junglers pls gankerino
Looking at global ranked win rate across the entire ladder doesn't really offer solid ground for what is balanced. Stuff like old Leblanc sat at pretty awful winrates, but it didn't change the fact that she was broken. I don't really think that gank vulnerability is something that champions can be balanced on, particularly when late game scaling is their goal. I think it is very easy for Ryze to play a safe early game if he has to, although the option to be the aggressor is always on the table.

Generally, I have less of a problem with specialized champion picks that have high winrates. Ryze is one of the top ten most picked champions in Diamond play, and he carries a 53%+ winrate over the last week. Ryze is a low skill, low risk champion who wins by surviving. I don't think that's healthy, and it certainly doesn't make for interesting games to watch or play.

For me the top problem champions in the game right now are Janna, Ryze, and Lucian. There are different things wrong with each of them, but what stands out the most is the safety net they share. They are forgiving, easy, and have no qualms about pushing to a late game.

Newt

Looking at global ranked win rate across the entire ladder doesn't really offer solid ground for what is balanced. Stuff like old Leblanc sat at pretty awful winrates, but it didn't change the fact that she was broken. I don't really think that gank vulnerability is something that champions can be balanced on, particularly when late game scaling is their goal. I think it is very easy for Ryze to play a safe early game if he has to, although the option to be the aggressor is always on the table.

Generally, I have less of a problem with specialized champion picks that have high winrates. Ryze is one of the top ten most picked champions in Diamond play, and he carries a 53%+ winrate over the last week. Ryze is a low skill, low risk champion who wins by surviving. I don't think that's healthy, and it certainly doesn't make for interesting games to watch or play.

For me the top problem champions in the game right now are Janna, Ryze, and Lucian. There are different things wrong with each of them, but what stands out the most is the safety net they share. They are forgiving, easy, and have no qualms about pushing to a late game.
All of those 3 champions are low skill, low risk. You could also add Rammus, Fiddle and possibly Amumu to the brew.

I gotta start dodging if the game is unwinnable at champ select.

I ban, get first pick.

Last pick: top/jg only
Last pick: top/jg or feed

Someone else called ADC and support so I went Kat first pick (hahaha). Their mid was Annie.

We didn't do that badly (their Corki went Essence Reaver and was irrelevant) but last pick went Jax and fed (kept trying to 1v1 their fed Udyr).

At least I never died to Annie pre-6 but it was still a nightmare lane.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1593954695/85040

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I think my brain is a bit fried from trying to level my account. It is not easy.

Just played a bots match because I was bored and got matched with some lower level people. Oh dear lord, thank god I picked Heimer because there is no other way I could've carried these people. They were getting into arguments with bots...

YB3CntV.png

Never again.

Sofo

Just played a bots match because I was bored and got matched with some lower level people. Oh dear lord, thank god I picked Heimer because there is no other way I could've carried these people. They were getting into arguments with bots...

YB3CntV.png

Never again.

Wait what? Was this Intermediate?

Newt

I gotta start dodging if the game is unwinnable at champ select.

I ban, get first pick.

Last pick: top/jg only
Last pick: top/jg or feed

Someone else called ADC and support so I went Kat first pick (hahaha). Their mid was Annie.

We didn't do that badly (their Corki went Essence Reaver and was irrelevant) but last pick went Jax and fed (kept trying to 1v1 their fed Udyr).

At least I never died to Annie pre-6 but it was still a nightmare lane.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1593954695/85040
Going Essence Reaver is not the reason Corki was irrelevant.

Ferga

YB3CntV.png

Never again.

I just go tear-frozen gauntlet on ryze every game to push towers and kite bots. If I don't get a solo lane worth of xp, games last for 5-10 more minutes depending on how much people feed.

I seriously cannot win half of the 3v3 co-op intermediate bot games. People just afk and it's impossible to split push in twisted tree line.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I just go tear-frozen gauntlet on ryze every game to push towers and kite bots. If I don't get a solo lane worth of xp, games last for 5-10 more minutes depending on how much people feed.

I seriously cannot win half of the 3v3 co-op intermediate bot games. People just afk and it's impossible to split push in twisted tree line.

You gotta player Heimer if you wanna win 3v3 bots 100% of the time.

Jeff-DSA

Heaviest pieces of trash in existence. Freakin' Leona takes support after Fid already called it and says, "I'm going AD Leona, lol." Then I'm an unstoppable force in the game, but they can't get it through their heads that they can't fight without me. Downright worthless. Their mothers would spit in their faces had they witnessed that debacle.

I handed that game to them on a silver platter and they decided to bronze it.

That throw tho.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ezreal has randomly turned into my favorite ADC as of late. Double flash rage is just too much fun.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
When leveling the smurf (now main) over two years ago I have about 14 losses from bots, granted 10 of those were from pre-10 botting. Some people just legit gave up on the game I think and never played again.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

YB3CntV.png

Never again.
I played a dominion intermediate bot game for the first time today because I didn't realize it and I made the idiot decision of choosing Teemo.
The enemy blitz was a monster.

Ferga

Jumped on my main to go solo queue drafting.

I share last pick with another guy. Support and mid are open.

Guy picks Ashe. I go Zyra support.

Last second before the game starts, he types Ashe support. So i'm forced to go zyra mid with support runes and masteries.

It's even worse than smurfing.

Newt

Jumped on my main to go solo queue drafting.

I share last pick with another guy. Support and mid are open.

Guy picks Ashe. I go Zyra support.

Last second before the game starts, he types Ashe support. So i'm forced to go zyra mid with support runes and masteries.

It's even worse than smurfing.
If you're playing Ashe or Sivir, you're basically the support anyways :^).

pigeon

Banned

High level win rate is also not a great metric because of self selection. High level pick ban is probably the most accurate barometer of what's really breaking the game.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here have an in-game handle of Snowbell?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Dude in ranked yolo q got so mad someone else picked adc before him he locked in a ww revive clarity support.

Got what he wanted though, instant-dodge.

Edit: checked his lolking and 8 losses in a row and dude doesn't even play adc. jeez.

Sofo

Dude in ranked yolo q got so mad someone else picked adc before him he locked in a ww revive clarity support.

Edit: checked his lolking and 8 losses in a row and dude doesn't even play adc. jeez.

Warwick and psycho personality, sounds like a match!

Leezard

I bet he was about to pick vayne so he could carry.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
High level win rate is also not a great metric because of self selection. High level pick ban is probably the most accurate barometer of what's really breaking the game.
I don't trust the community enough to use pick/ban as a reliable power barometer. Tristana is awful right now but still carries one of the highest ban rates in the game.

I don't trust the community enough to use pick/ban as a reliable power barometer. Tristana is awful right now but still carries one of the highest ban rates in the game.
Yeah. Solo Q bans are basically like playing chinese whispers with millions of people.

V_Arnold

What's the preferred skill/build order on jungle Sion?

First, gauntlet (for the scaling health). Then go for some Phage, tank items mostly, get a BoRK if you can, finish your triforce if you can, build full tank to endgame.

I see no reason to build a non-tank Sion to Jungle. His W makes no sense otherwise.
As for skills, W first, then Q, and from onwards, ignore E beisde the initial point, imho. But I am a scrub, so better ask someone who actually has an idea.

jerd

Just bought some % max health quints to try jungle Sion.

What else am I going to spend that IP shit on

Edit: Holy shit qtpie is a free agent now? Wonder if he'll try to get Kiwi to come with him

Bacon

Admittedly I don't follow the pro scene closely at all because its fucking boring but didn't dig have a pretty average bot lane?

I like Qt's personality, he could easily be one of the top streamers (he probably already is) if he committed to it full time. He would probably also be forfeiting a lot of money by doing that too so I don't know how he would feel about that.

Maybe he will join NB3's team lol.

Admittedly I don't follow the pro scene closely at all because its fucking boring but didn't dig have a pretty average bot lane?

I like Qt's personality, he could easily be one of the top streamers (he probably already is) if he committed to it full time. He would probably also be forfeiting a lot of money by doing that too so I don't know how he would feel about that.

Maybe he will join NB3's team lol.
Dig's bot lane was average because Kiwi is really, really bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom