• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
speaking of Renekton, does anyone pick that champ anymore?

I haven't seen Renek in more than 1 match in the last 2 months.
I do sometimes. Too hard to pick it without seeing the enemy top laner though, and Ryze shows up too often.

Newt

I got a treat for you Zkylon :).
zbNYWfS.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Played on my nerf account last night. I picked Annie to support, because I really wanted to dumpster someone. Well, I got first blood and then my ADC died and immediately quit. So I played in bot 2v1 with Annie, and I completely wrecked the lane. No deaths, and I satisfied my blood lust. The other team surrendered when I teleported into a bush on a ward, stunned three with Annie's W, and melted them with Tibbers.

It was fun.

Edwardo

Whose a good adc pairing with sona?

Someone with burst? I remember getting smacked around by graves and sona a while ago.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Should be decent enough. I just don't want to have to play Lissandra or some shit.
I dunno. There's other stuff to play top lane that are just way better choices. Irelia, Gnar, and Rumble are all worth learning right now. Lulu's solo lane is pretty tough right now.
can't help but notice a lack of taric
If I can get Braum I would rather play Braum. Easier to get stuff done, and with all the double or triple AP comps it's hard to find a situation fit for Taric.

Leezard

i mostly bought it for the MR but thinking back abyssal probably would have been a better option.

i don't play much mid at all and my laning with velkoz totally sucks so I'm trying to get better at it

No. Get a real MR item if you want to be able to survive enemy mages. It's ok to go with Grail instead of Morellonomicon in the case of heavy AP, but don't buy abyssal as an MR item.

Bacon

I never know what to buy when I play as a mage because I do it so infrequently. I just go deathcap every time for the sick damages.

Had a decent game but we still lost. I blame bad shotcalling for that one and the lack of map awareness on my team. There's no reason why Syndra and Ez would be pushing mid when they're all up and our top inhib is down. That just forces a team fight (which we lose because we're out of position) and they easily get our mid inhib and take our nexus.

We started out well: I was Leona with Ez against Sona and Caitlyn. Knowing how squishy Sona is I told Ez to go in if we hit level 2 first. We do, and Ez kills Sona but we miss firstblood by a second. It is enough to keep Sona back and Ez free farms safely. However we end up pushing the lane and with no ganks from either side I'm sitting in lane for a long time with an empty SightStone and no pots (i.e. too low to go in). While I wouldn't say this cost us the game I think we missed the chance at a couple more kills (we tower-dived with our jungler and killed them both later). I also forgot that Ez had TP so he could easily return to lane.

Teamfights were also a mess because of Fiora and Talon being invisible/untargetable and our mages dying too early or too late.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mostly bought it for the MR but thinking back abyssal probably would have been a better option.

i don't play much mid at all and my laning with velkoz totally sucks so I'm trying to get better at it
i dunno which order you did it but athenes rush against ori is 100% great choice. if you started something weird like haunting guise into morellos or something then not really unless you're in full poke mode. but then you need mana regen for the sustained damages and ori is gonna most definitely rush an athenes herself and tank some of your poke so i dunno. i see very little reason to start anything other than athenes with most mages

zhonyas would've been a great half defensive item to buy specially since enemy team had ad top laner and crazy build lee sin.

and if you were scared of ori just get banshees. tbh banshee's not the greatest item against ori since you can't really prevent any of ori's cc with it since she'll usually pop banshee's passive with her q, but at least it's a lot of mr

abyssal is just weird cos all your spells are so high range that you would be wasting the passive. could've been good if you were a shorter range mage like annie since corki was in your team

I never know what to buy when I play as a mage because I do it so infrequently. I just go deathcap every time for the sick damages.

just ask in neogaf :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom