• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carica Papaya

Neo Member
So my 9 game win streak was broken by a tf that afked when I took the first blue...

He didn't really afk either. He stood in base and kept spamming spells for the next 13 minutes..

I feel like if you turn on scarra's stream and he's not feeding, something is horribly wrong

b787015eb6711f418004fa400448d277.png

Bacon

FUCK. Most aggravating game of my life. Had a Brand who was a "diamond smurf" (he made sure we all knew) who racked up like 10 kills in lane and then lucian "stole a kill from him" so he went around farming jungle the rest of the game. We somehow got an ace 50 minutes in and won but seriously fuck that guy. I'm in my promos too, what an ass.

Bacon

d[-_-]b;135207919 said:
If thats ranked doesn't sound like silver, because morg and trist are banned 90% of the time.

Oh it's ranked, and it's silver. We had hot bans like garen and malphite.

We lost.

Early? Like within the first 5 minutes?
It's Ryze against a melee champion with zero gap closers and no ranged spells. Ryze can start Rune Prison and Darius can't do shit about it, all of Ryze's skills outrange Darius' pull.

Ryze isn't weak early. He's vulnerable early. Big difference.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, even if the range advantage ryze has over darius pull is small, if the ryze manages it well there's nothing darius can do about it short of a flash and even then it's just a trade

it's even worse cos ryze doesn't need to do anything in that lane to win, just chill farming from range and outscale while darius keeps becoming more and more irrelevant :/

but considering it's players like you and me it could've gone either way

yeah, even if the range advantage ryze has over darius pull is small, if the ryze manages it well there's nothing darius can do about it short of a flash and even then it's just a trade

it's even worse cos ryze doesn't need to do anything in that lane to win, just chill farming from range and outscale while darius keeps becoming more and more irrelevant :/

but considering it's players like you and me it could've gone either way

I hate Ryze players. I don't even know why. Maybe it's the complete lack of any sort of skill shot in a game designed around skill shots (or skill abilities).

Ferga

Plus ryze spell vamp on ult can pretty much negate darius ult if they are standing on top of a minon wave.

Plus the option of skipping tear to go catalyst into glacial. Lane's over.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I hate Ryze players. I don't even know why. Maybe it's the complete lack of any sort of skill shot in a game designed around skill shots (or skill abilities).
The infinite scaling on a tank/damage dealer who has good single target and AOE damage is what does it for me.

Schmattakopf is still okay though.

zkylon

zkylewd
well i don't hate ryze players but i don't like the champion lol

i actually think the no skillshots thing is the one cool thing that makes ryze a unique mage and even difficulty isn't really a matter, many other champions are easy to play (annie) and i find to be really fun

i think what does it for me is the mana scaling thing. being a tank and a hypercarry at the same time just doesn't mesh well for me, i get it that he needs tankiness since his range is so low but at the same time like caitlyn has like only 50 more range than him and builds squishy as fuck so what gives

he's also way too safe in lane since he has super reliable cc and range and pretty fat ms for a mage

so yeah:
330 ms
lower mana scaling, higher ap scaling

there could be all other changes that make him have a bit more decisionmaking but i think i'd be cool with those two things

Blizzard

Banned
i'm exaggerating. or lying, you decide. it's not real infinite but it might as well be.
I wasn't sure if you were mistaken or if I was just overlooking something.

To clarify for anyone who doesn't know, Ryze scales with mana, and he can get a lot of mana through items like Tear of the Goddess -> Archangel's -> Seraph's. But, as far as I know, all mana item max out at a certain point.

This is in comparison to champions with true infinite scaling, like Nasus farming Q, or Veigar farming Q.

Edwardo

I dunno why, but I feel like I'm generally a happier person when I'm playing support. I think there's something about saving lives that puts me in a good place. Even in a loss.

How is Ryze's scaling infinite? I must be missing something obvious.
It "high enough". If he can blow up squishies in one of two rotations while being almost impossible to kill, that's as infinite as this game goes.

A farmed 6 item Nasus will explode you with 500 or 5000 stacks, the infinite scaling only really matters to a point.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I dunno why, but I feel like I'm generally a happier person when I'm playing support. I think there's something about saving lives that puts me in a good place. Even in a loss.
You've made the best choice. There are solo laners you can play that feel like playing a support though. You know, for when other support mains show up who seem lost in solo lanes.

Ferga

Ryze's cdr passiveS gives him this so called 'infinite scaling'

Spamming a 500 damage Q 3 times in one skill rotation (which cost very little mana compared to his total mana bar from his mana items)

Blizzard

Banned
Ryze's cdr passiveS gives him this so called 'infinite scaling'

Spamming a 500 damage Q 3 times in one skill rotation (which cost very little mana compared to his total mana bar from his mana items)
Did dimb mean the passive though? I thought he was talking about the mana scaling.

I only see one primary passive for Ryze ("When Ryze uses an ability, all of his other abilities have their cooldown reduced by 1 second.") and one other passive (Passive: Ryze gains cooldown reduction.). Spamming != scaling unless I am totally misunderstanding the terms. Yes though, if my math is right Ryze can use Q 1.1 seconds apart with 40% CDR.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wasn't sure if you were mistaken or if I was just overlooking something.

To clarify for anyone who doesn't know, Ryze scales with mana, and he can get a lot of mana through items like Tear of the Goddess -> Archangel's -> Seraph's. But, as far as I know, all mana item max out at a certain point.

This is in comparison to champions with true infinite scaling, like Nasus farming Q, or Veigar farming Q.
don't read too much into the infinite part

he's got super high scaling

that's the point

Bacon

Yay, promoted to silver 4. Morgana is free right now. Luckily I was first pick and she didn't get banned by the other team.

Blizzard

Banned
don't read too much into the infinite part

he's got super high scaling

that's the point
Yeah I figured that out now. :p I was just confused seeing that mention followed by the spell spamming mention. Both Ryze's high scaling and Ryze's spell spamming are understandable causes for annoyance.

bokn

Banned
ryze is pretty gud in a 1v1 but if hes extending so far as to try to kill the darius u shud just beg ur junglr to gank him to keep him honest

ryze is pretty gud in a 1v1 but if hes extending so far as to try to kill the darius u shud just beg ur junglr to gank him to keep him honest

you'd like to think a jungler would keep an eye on an over-extended solo laner with no escape mechanism and punish him repeatedly.

They just need to hit Ryze' early game. He hurts so damn much early on. His mid-game ranges from OK to powerful depending on how well he did during laning. Late game is no question. Higher early mana costs, lower early base damages, lower early MR shred, anything.

Actually maybe removing the shred from E would be a very significant way to nerf him. It would prevent him from getting a big early-mid damage spike. It will force him to try considering Void Staff earlier so he can output more damage but be more squishy.

Rhaxas

They just need to hit Ryze' early game. He hurts so damn much early on. His mid-game ranges from OK to powerful depending on how well he did during laning. Late game is no question. Higher early mana costs, lower early base damages, lower early MR shred, anything.

Actually maybe removing the shred from E would be a very significant way to nerf him. It would prevent him from getting a big early-mid damage spike. It will force him to try considering Void Staff earlier so he can output more damage but be more squishy.

Ryze already has a pretty weak early game. I Imagine why he is hurting you so much during the early game is he is running mana glyphs.

The best way to destroy a ryze is to have your jungler gank him at least once in the early game, allowing you to snowball the lane and prevent him from ever getting too big to handle around the mid game. champions like Rumble and Akali destroy ryze, if he is ganked even once.

Higher early mana costs won't do anything as you are already building a tear+RoA. Riot is most likely just going to remove his mana scaling and make him a regular AP mage at this rate.

A few PBE patches ago they removed his mana scaling, but that was quickly changed back, so it seems like that is the path they are currently pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom