• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

it's funny cuz the chat is more full on average these days
it's probably connected to ppl who get salty about inhouses tho

Ferga

rex do you ever feel like u are watching cycles repeating in this thread

Yup.

One wave goes out, Another wave of new players come in. People fill the roles of the thread (chill dude, the inviter, informative maths thoery crafter, rager etc), and the game while the ancients like you and I kind of drift here and there trying to fit into new generations of lolGAF.

Haven't experienced this many bans though during this season. This god damn generation is full of rebels.
Boken is a disgrace.

brian!

oh my god "the inviter"
boken is an ancient disgrace

i havent noticed a math theory crafter because the math is always wrong

Ferga

I remember when I could make a game any time and I would get a full room within seconds.

I've long lost that gift after scy clone #46 started posting in the thead. The gift seems to have died with him and his generation.

R.I.P. "The Inviter"

brian!

respect to the inviting god southerndragon....
holy shit i just realized ornery ragey dude who irrationally like sonic the hedgehog went from jrizzle->gamma8

wait nm gamma likes megaman

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Get off ma lawn
tumblr_inline_n0t4ywyx761qlikls.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We can still fill a room up very quickly but the appeal of normals has kinda waned.

respect to the inviting god southerndragon....
holy shit i just realized ornery ragey dude who irrationally like sonic the hedgehog went from jrizzle->gamma8

wait nm gamma likes megaman

I miss southerndragon.

I don't miss that racist ragey jerks tho. Basically stopped playing with GAF for a very long time because of those guys.

Maybe with the season crunch being over people will be open to more inhouses.

I'm still crunching.

And getting robbed game after game. Just had a 4v4 (one on each side quit)...really strange game. Two of the enemy said they were plat smurfs. This is the kind of shit I get stuck with.

Game before that I dominated as Cho jungle. Our top also dominated. But our bot lane fed 27 times... 27 of our 44 deaths were bot lane. They kept going out alone and dying.

I can't advance like this.

I should calculate my win rate when I don't play support. It's not that I don't really lose lane either, I just happen to get the most toxic players for some reason.

EDIT: Now 2 games in a row when Braum is picked. Strange to see him.

zkylon

zkylewd
iVI1m9UWEG8oZ.gif

(not the greatest and i was super fed but still i liked it a lot... so smooth)

viktor is a weird champion, i was like 3k and he still could pretty much oneshot me. gave me a pretty hard time in lane, tho i wouldn't recommend viktor players to start q against ori unless you're really good at getting free autos.

also i feel in love with ragdoll ori. wish it had a better splash

Yeeeeesssss, got a penta kill with Miss Fortune. So good.
nice, good job :)

mf is a cool one to get a penta with too, not one of those cheap ones like vayne or something :p

Jeff-DSA

Nice dude, but does she still have the bug where her ult does no damage?

I didn't see any ult bug happen. I got it without using her ult though. I got all four in the team fight and Lee Sin ran like a little pansy. Caught him just outside the jungle pit when our Veigar stunned him and I cleaned up. He was probably just hitting Q when we caught up. Janna's passive combined with my passive probably made that possible otherwise Veigar would have had to just take the kill.

grPzM2p.png

I think I'm done with this season. Sorry guys, but it shouldn't be this difficult to get a win. I had time for exactly 3 games today. In those 3 games, I ended up a combined 17/7 playing top lane with Jayce and Garen, winning the lane then rotating around trying to find a way to help salvage the other lanes (or just pushing the won lane to try to make space). Nothing noteworthy but certainly not poor.

My teammates in those 3 games, however, combined for: 17/63

Yes, that's correct. In 3 games, it took a total of 12 different players to reach the same number of kills I got damn near by myself, while managing 9x the deaths. How am I supposed to feel about this, GAF? Nobody in GAF can be bothered with a duo or 3v3 group (people are busy doing their own thing), so I get this kind of shit in solo nightly. I can accept that some games simply can't be carried by yourself. Fine. But *every* game shouldn't start out being down 8 kills to 1 inside of 10 minutes. In 3 games, I shouldn't have to accept a total jungler contribution of 0/15 with a handful of assists. A safelane contribution of 10/37 over that stretch just doesn't really feel fair. Some games, sure. But not every game. Not all in the same game.

I've been fairly discouraged before, but this is, "retired from this game"-grade discouraged. I'm probably a decent win streak away from Gold, but how can I expect to get a win streak when I have limited time to play and when I do play, I can't get remotely competent teammates?

zkylon

zkylewd
i've been trying this new program for recording replays that sounds pretty cool: http://dries.io/projects/opggrecorder/

basically what it does is activating the op.gg replay function automatically for you. you just tell it your name and server, set it to start and it does all the rest

and then you can just go to op.gg and watch it there

i like it, even less of a hassle than ahri.tw even if the name isn't nearly as cool

well like it's only three games, shitty streaks like those happen to everyone (i've had 32 kills in my last two ranked games and lost both of them, and the one before too, in which i was support). chill for a few days maybe, then try again if you want

don't rush it cos the season is almost over, if anything you should find some respite in the fact that the shitty gold skin is for morgana of all shitty champions

but yeah, it's not really worth it, if it's not this season, it'll be the next one

Holy_Chic

Banned
I think I'm done with this season. Sorry guys, but it shouldn't be this difficult to get a win. I had time for exactly 3 games today. In those 3 games, I ended up a combined 17/7 playing top lane with Jayce and Garen, winning the lane then rotating around trying to find a way to help salvage the other lanes (or just pushing the won lane to try to make space). Nothing noteworthy but certainly not poor.

My teammates in those 3 games, however, combined for: 17/63

Yes, that's correct. In 3 games, it took a total of 12 different players to reach the same number of kills I got damn near by myself, while managing 9x the deaths. How am I supposed to feel about this, GAF? Nobody in GAF can be bothered with a duo or 3v3 group (people are busy doing their own thing), so I get this kind of shit in solo nightly. I can accept that some games simply can't be carried by yourself. Fine. But *every* game shouldn't start out being down 8 kills to 1 inside of 10 minutes. In 3 games, I shouldn't have to accept a total jungler contribution of 0/15 with a handful of assists. A safelane contribution of 10/37 over that stretch just doesn't really feel fair. Some games, sure. But not every game. Not all in the same game.

I've been fairly discouraged before, but this is, "retired from this game"-grade discouraged. I'm probably a decent win streak away from Gold, but how can I expect to get a win streak when I have limited time to play and when I do play, I can't get remotely competent teammates?

One thing I noticed in silver is that everyone sucks and literally no one can handle split pushing. If you crush your lane i would just keep applying pressure non stop all game.

subtles

I missed a Penta with Jayce by a single aa as Thresh missed THE hook and I was only living through lifesteal. Lost the game despite being 24/11 as our Nasus built full AD items and melted quickly.

I certainly prefer Jayce mid over top, but feel that champions like Ori and Syndra work better in Silver (teamfights have been one dimensional.)

39 points in SII and I just know I won't be making gold. T_T

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What an OP.

Worlds (not finals) made me want to play again for a little bit but I didn't want to update so I didn't. S'all I got. Maybe after all the new Season changes I'll give it another few games.

MaxiLive

I haven't been playing much LoL since Destiny came out but I popped on for a game last night and played ADC for the first time in a few weeks and got a Penta as Jinx :D

We were winning fairly handily but it was a 4v1 clean up by me which I very nearly died >.< Victory screenshot though!

axNmcPy.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Yup.

One wave goes out, Another wave of new players come in. People fill the roles of the thread (chill dude, the inviter, informative maths thoery crafter, rager etc), and the game while the ancients like you and I kind of drift here and there trying to fit into new generations of lolGAF.

Haven't experienced this many bans though during this season. This god damn generation is full of rebels.
Boken is a disgrace.

hey now, I actually posted in the original league gaf thread. I just never really stuck around

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ye I was watching Trick and sir nasus guy play and dude couldn't stack.
Every time nasus q'd he would just apply a frost shot

Brand's attacks turned into his ultimate post 6. Weird stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom