• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

ARAM should be one of if not the most popular non-SR game mode.

Well, you can probably make an argument that anything that isn't SR Is unpopular. For instance, if 95% of all games played are on SR, then fighting over which mode has 1.2% compared to the other have .8% seems immaterial to the larger observation that none of them are remotely popular compared to SR.

Obviously, I'm not sure where the breaking point is. If 20% of games are ARAM, then that is meaningfully popular with such a large player pool. 5%? I'm not sure.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, since Sona doesn't have a lot of skins, it makes sense she'd get an ultimate. I can't even think of a good Sona skin.

...Fuck Sona.

That isn't a reason to avoid improving it. The mode being unpopular could be. But Riot has made improvements to other modes in the past.
He wasn't talking about popularity, he was talking about competitiveness. Whether it's popular or fun or whatever, ARAM is like a casual, informal game.

Edwardo

7hCRE72.gif

Einbroch

Banned
Man, if it is Sona, it could be really cool, though. Each time you use Q, W, or E, your entire skin changes clothing to match the music tone. Q puts you in rock garbs, etc.

It could be cool, but please, no Sona.

Leezard

Well, you can probably make an argument that anything that isn't SR Is unpopular. For instance, if 95% of all games played are on SR, then fighting over which mode has 1.2% compared to the other have .8% seems immaterial to the larger observation that none of them are remotely popular compared to SR.

Obviously, I'm not sure where the breaking point is. If 20% of games are ARAM, then that is meaningfully popular with such a large player pool. 5%? I'm not sure.

Indeed. I don't know whether Riot has released fractions of time each game mode is played, but if it is say 0-3% of games that are ARAM I can see that they see little value in improving it. Any larger changes that require more resources for any of the smaller game modes might cannibalize users of the other game modes rather than tapping people from a new market.

Edwardo

So ADCs around the world have to suffer through a week of shit Sona players getting caught by aggressive supports and feeding the fuck out of their lanes?

Ya it'll happen during preseason 5 so youll have nothing to worry about.

other than your sanity

Leezard

Man, if it is Sona, it could be really cool, though. Each time you use Q, W, or E, your entire skin changes clothing to match the music tone. Q puts you in rock garbs, etc.

´Something like that is what is rumored.

Ambient mode, Electric mode, Dubstep mode.

I hope it's not Sona. I already have arcade which I love. Don't want people to whine about her super pokes either. :(

My last match taught me the importance of always carrying 1-2 pinks as support. I usually just plop it in my favorite spots and only buy a new one if it gets destroyed. Now I fully appreciate its importance while dancing at dragon/baron/inhib turrets. Pretty much ensures blind spots against enemies trying to ward over walls. Also, I appreciate the importance of moving pinks now. That was such a great match. I learned a lot.

drawkcaB

I play Sona, really like her as a support and will likely buy the skin, but she has enough skins that her getting an ultimate is unwarranted, to put it mildly.

The amount of people playing ARAM at any given time is more than 99% of other multi-player games' total online players.

Can't carry these people. Ignore the Kat's score, she got a triple at the end when it was over, but she and kha fed the Aatrox like 10-12 kills early in top lane. What am I supposed to do? If they were just half-way decent we would have won late game because I was getting fed.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1595974062/32574845

By the way, a fed Aatrox is ridiculous.

Edwardo

Really? Why? The LoL thread has always put lcs info besides matches in here.

Unless there was some discussion about it recently?

All lcs stuff generally gets posted in the lcs thread. Some things trickle into here. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I figure its easier to just have lcs stuff in there and actual game stuff in here.

zkylon

zkylewd
ultimate skin being for sona is such a bad idea. she's got so many good skins already

also i'm gonna be poor as fuck :/

Thank god for that. Least interactive champion in the game. I think I prefer Ziggs.
yup

xerath is awful, awful

Mothman91

All lcs stuff generally gets posted in the lcs thread. Some things trickle into here. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I figure its easier to just have lcs stuff in there and actual game stuff in here.
True, I guess. Thing is, don't think many people check it out. It's really slow thread compared to this one.

Because you have to post in his thread!
He's trying to keep his thread on the front page!

I feel like we always put roster stuff in here and the LCS thread is for match days to discuss what's going on.

especially if it's big news like QTpie leaving Dig or Curse picking up Piglet.

zkylon

zkylewd
shushei has a badass dog

Old Xerath is best Xerath. Can't stand anything about the rework.
no, new xerath is much better than the old one

the old one was warwick levels of bad. if he had his ult up you were dead, if he didn't he was useless

problem is new xerath is boring as fuck for the one playing as xerath and the one playing against him, pew pew is boring cos it's uninteractive, i'm really confused rito made him a pew pew champion in his rework

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Thank god for that. Least interactive champion in the game. I think I prefer Ziggs.
Uh, Xerath has multiple spells that can be interrupted, lacks an escape, has cast timers, and requires three skill shots for his ultimate. How is that less interactive than Ziggs? At his worst, Ziggs would just spam spells non-stop from safe zones that had extremely forgiving hitboxes, and his zoning tools were excessively forgiving.

Newt

Uh, Xerath has multiple spells that can be interrupted, lacks an escape, has cast timers, and requires three skill shots for his ultimate. How is that less interactive than Ziggs? At his worst, Ziggs would just spam spells non-stop from safe zones that had extremely forgiving hitboxes, and his zoning tools were excessively forgiving.
I'm talking about current Ziggs.

pigeon

Banned
I'm not opposed to the change, but I can guarantee you that with Riot's code base it would be much more than 10 min's of work. I can understand that it might be either a) some design decision or b) they have it on a low priority. In case of a), we probably won't see it until they change their mind. In case of b), we will probably not see it for a very long time since new tasks will most likely have higher priority and the perceived value of adding it is very small.

There was a Riot post about this pretty recently. Basically, they don't like ARAM-only accounts either but they are trying to figure out how to address the issue in the "right" way, and they aren't sure unlocking everything in ARAM is the right way.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem is as anything with a huge playerbase such as league's

you make a tiny change, you gotta playtest the shit out of it and they probably just thought of arams as a done project and have no one working on it

it's a change that should happen, i remember arams being so much fun in those few weeks they allowed all the champions for everyone in my server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom