• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Tried Kayle jungle and got killed by jungle creeps several times. Could you guys post the jungle path you're using and the runes/masteries/item build?

I love Kayle but got wrecked and still fail to see how she could ever be viable in the jungle.

Also, is Zac good yet?! I love the champ, but he has been so weak for the longest time.

Zac got a buff this patch. Which is actually just reverting a nerf he got ages ago lowering his E damage. His biggest nerf which he got a long time ago was removing the tenacity from his ult. But the small buffs have added up and I suspect he's pretty good in the new jungle. His sustain is good, damage is back a little more in line with release Zac and he still has the insane gank angles.

V_Arnold

Tried Kayle jungle and got killed by jungle creeps several times. Could you guys post the jungle path you're using and the runes/masteries/item build?

I love Kayle but got wrecked and still fail to see how she could ever be viable in the jungle.

Also, is Zac good yet?! I love the champ, but he has been so weak for the longest time.

Standard 21/9/0 runes.
Start with the golems for the stun buff.
Rush the 4th jungler item that gives you stun, hp/mana on smite.

IAS, IAS, IAS.
Rush to the new Feral Flare, to Wit's End, add some proper defenses to the mix as well.
When fighting pre-6 jungle mobs, I found that it is best to focus the small mobs first, but that does not matter much on Kayle once you got some buffs on your E.

Use your W to heal between camps.

I did ok

iVikDaa.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
Voli's definitely a strong and fun to play jungler. Decent ganks, good objective control, and a great tank with damage to boot.

1/2/3, that's some high impact jungling, lol

yeah she's learning the role

to be fair our mid was diamond 2 against silver in a mirror matchup and she did do an early gank bot that won us the lane really hard, so she did ok. Didn't have a whole lot to do honestly. It was one of those games where you wouldn't really learn much cos we snowballed so hard off the early game

Bacon

I love seeing the voli love in here. Such a good champ. I love how you can get super tanky and also put out a lot of damage with his bite/ultimate. Plus it seems like everyone in the world forgets about his passive when they duel you.

Plus he basically carried me through bronze.

GPtyfjH.jpg

cwmartin

Oh! And I took one of your guys advice and I'm doing a little abstinence to get my head back in the game. I didn't play at all the past 24 hours, might make it 48 to feel like i'm reset.

Bacon

Oh! And I took one of your guys advice and I'm doing a little abstinence to get my head back in the game. I didn't play at all the past 24 hours, might make it 48 to feel like i'm reset.

It's a good strategy. You'll come back refreshed and ready to go when you play again. Sometimes when you get on a losing streak you start thinking too hard and make dumb mistakes because of it.

drawkcaB

I feel like Voli is super underrated.

Yup. One the best pure bruisers in the game.

Edwardo said:
A friggin voli support went 3-0 against me in lane last night.

I've faced that a few times as a support. Not sure what's more shocking - that the support Volibear players think it's legit or all the dumbass ADCs I play with by virtue of being completely brain dead make it legit.

Negaduck

Yeah when I get on one with voli I feel super strong. The execute and smite make taking objectives super easy.

I prefer him jungle but top lane isn't bad.

The only problem I really came across was a Darius that just barely killed me before I killed him each time.

And I guess its not really an execute since its based off of voli's health and not health missing.

Still learning him but I can't stop lol.

He feels pretty damn good and you guys are right that it feels like people underestimate him for sure.

Bacon

For as much hate trick gets for his udyr madstone, I still think he is a valuable resource for learning Voli. He's definitely one of the best Voli players I've seen play and I learned a lot from watching his Voli my ways.

So the Ahri skin is confirmed to be the opposite of Championship skins, so that's why it just uses an opposite color scheme. It'll also be legacy, gotta love the limited swag.

Negaduck

For as much hate trick gets for his udyr madstone, I still think he is a valuable resource for learning Voli. He's definitely one of the best Voli players I've seen play and I learned a lot from watching his Voli my ways.

I love trick.

Yeah the only reason I know anything about voli is from him. I made sure to check his skill build order to know how to go with him and kinda what to do.

I think he's actually super super informative when he isn't being silly and entertaining.

YOOOO LAAASSSSEEEEERRRRRSSSS!

Edwardo

Yes
No
Maybe

All valid possibilities!

I think no would make sense since I'm literally the best ever and couldn't get better at this game anyways.

I've faced that a few times as a support. Not sure what's more shocking - that the support Volibear players think it's legit or all the dumbass ADCs I play with by virtue of being completely brain dead make it legit.

7hCRE72.gif

I feel like Voli is super underrated.
Can't say I'm too impressed by Voli when I already have Trundle whenever the urge to bite people arises, and then there's Udyr that covers the "let's be a tanky pretend-bear that walks like a man" aspect. Who shoots fire. Which is cooler than having lightning hands.

Also Nunu if I want to be a fat furry with objective control.

Nekofrog

Banned
so what do you do as support when your adc gets first blood thanks to your thresh hook on their midlaner on an invade and then she recalls as minions are about to hit each other so she can get a 2nd dorans and ends up missing an entire wave

i was even telling her not to back

ffs

Sofo

I kinda wish they added the amount of true damage Nunu's Consume does ._. Like with Smite! Would that be needed? I only played Nunu a couple of times but I feel it would be a nice QoL fix.

so what do you do as support when your adc gets first blood thanks to your thresh hook on their midlaner on an invade and then she recalls as minions are about to hit each other so she can get a 2nd dorans and ends up missing an entire wave

ffs

lol, that's pretty hilarious. What did the ADC reply with? Would love to hear their logic.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

ffs
Take all the cs that the adc left behind.
But that adc was pretty dumb.

Nekofrog

Banned
fuzzery and i were pinging her and telling her to stay but noooo 2nd dblades is so important

me, their corki, and their janna almost hit 3 by the time she finally hit 2.

idiot.

zkylon

zkylewd
There is not even a debate to be had. There are like five dozen, FIVE DOZEN champions having way less skin than Ahri. End of story.

End of the ******* story. I do not care if you are a fan of Ahri, of course then it is fun. But it is VERY hard to argue math. Come back to me when Jinx had the third skin. Or really, anyone but Ahri. (And a few other hyper-popular champions.)

Also, when I was new to LOL (in terms of not knowing what champions are and how powerful they are, etc), I judged whether they were favorite or not by looking at the skin numbers. Old champion with only one skin? Other champion having 8+ skins already, with ultimate skins as well? Yeah, that is just bullshit.

i dunno, i think you guys are making a big deal out of anything. let's look at the last few released skins (not counting launch skins)

battlecast skarner and kog, reaper soraka, ravenborn leblanc, underworld wuko, championship shy, dunkmaster darius, lotus karma, the whole fnatic thing, sandbug kha6, headhunter caitlyn, metal gear yasuu, final boss veigar, arcade miss fortune, debonair vi and ez, pacific rim malph and aatrox. and next up are gonna be a skin for elise, thresh, malzahar, sejuani and ori and then that ahri skin

like, i don't see an overwhelming amount of skins being released for only the popular champions (lux is crying in a corner :<). there's a lot of variety, veigar gets his 19230123 skin but leblanc also finally got a new skin and skarner and khazix and ori.

the champions that are ignored mostly have issues in some way or another. they either are difficult to make skins for (zac), they have vus incoming (warwick, chogath), are very unpopular (galio) or like yorick or irelia or olaf i get the impression that riot wants people to forget about them since their gameplay is so awful (tho that pac man yorick ghost thing actually sounds pretty cool)

as you can see it's not purely "economics", riot just does what makes more sense for them for various reasons. popular champions may get more skins but it's not an absolute thing (lux :<)

ahri getting one more skin is just that. i really don't know why riot doesn't do a jinx skin already, but it doesn't have anything to do with ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom