• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

Zyklon, I picked Vlad vs Leblanc in that game. I don't pick TF vs her anymore, stopped a while ago. It's impossible.

Anyway, this is second time in a row I've had a great Cho jungle game and still lost due to well... take a look:

FBxi4dE.jpg

What am I supposed to do? Monkey and I could only carry so much. Game after game I get stuck with this type of shit.

Looked at it, didn't you convert your early kill over vi into a 3 for 1 in the opponent's favor? Thankfully the one kill went to ADC trist and 3 kills went to support Kayle. Vi has one less assist, the same number of kills and half as many deaths and early kills were converted into turrets on their side.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Unfortunately, I feel like I'd need a whole day of duo play with someone competent to get to gold. I'm still getting 23-27 lp for wins, but...man i don't have a whole day to do it. Maybe Saturday if anyone is available, let me know.
ill be around all day saturday.

unfortunately your 7pm-2 schedule is at odds with my night shifts during the weekdays.

low elo itemisation is honestly the most infuriating thing.

Support Morganas building Zhonya's, Void and Ruby Sightstone before a Mikael's or Locket.

Full AP Amumu in the jungle when we need a tank line.

Gnar building Sunfire into Trinity Force.

Shit itemisation is the number 1 way to lose games at low elo

Support Morganas building Zhonya's, Void and Ruby Sightstone before a Mikael's or Locket.

Nothing really wrong with this imho. I build Zhonya when I know I'll get blown up before my ult finishes. Zhonya, Ruby, Crucible and Locket are all situational. I find that my core items are just Mobi, Sightstone and Spellthief.

V_Arnold

Gnar building Sunfire into Trinity Force.

Shit itemisation is the number 1 way to lose games at low elo

Nah, that must be your high ELO skewed perspective.

It is like when I am playing with the gold/plat dudes in this thread. I had devil freak out on me for building BT for THIRD instead of Last Whisper with Jinx. No shit. Good decision making and not making general mistakes are MUCH more important than details like that. Overall. It is micro vs macro, where decisions are macro, builds are micro.

(And of course I not only build like a SUBHUMAN, I do mistakes as well. :) That is okay, I am low elo scrub. But still, good roaming wins games in silver ranked, good positioning and good engagements, not strict build orders.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
None of those itemization examples seem super weird. You could see stuff like that at any level of play.

As long as you're not building dumb shit like BT rush on ADC or being one of those Madstone idiots, itemization matters little in low ELO.

Leezard

Nah, that must be your high ELO skewed perspective.

It is like when I am playing with the gold/plat dudes in this thread. I had devil freak out on me for building BT for THIRD instead of Last Whisper with Jinx. No shit. Good decision making and not making general mistakes are MUCH more important than details like that. Overall. It is micro vs macro, where decisions are macro, builds are micro.

(And of course I not only build like a SUBHUMAN, I do mistakes as well. :) That is okay, I am low elo scrub. But still, good roaming wins games in silver ranked, good positioning and good engagements, not strict build orders.)

The thing with builds and build orders is that it is extremely easy to fix. Getting better mechanics and decision making requires more time, but builds and build orders can be fixed with so little effort.

The following is not directed at you specifically, it is more of a general statement:
I think there is no excuse to have a bad build if you want to win.

edit: there are situations when a BT instead of LW as third item can be the better choice as well.

Bacon

When I'm morgana and I've got 2-3 kills coming out of laning phase you bet your ass I'm going zhonyas before locket or mikaels. If your team can't get it done you have to do it yourself sometimes, even as a support.

acfan

Neo Member
5e77d0b256.jpg

thresh is so god damn fun in aram (and in general); i singlehandedly helped cass get a penta

HOOK. CITY.

Ocho

Not all games require Mikael or Locket on support. Zhonya/damage is pretty good on Morg.

I wouldn't play non AP Amumu.

Both builds approved by Ocho to be Challenger tier.

Leezard

¡HarlequinPanic!;135565930 said:
I get using her seeds but I've always found zyra REALLY needs the health early on. I build it after nomad's on her typically. Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't think nomad's is something you usually build on Zyra, but I agree that Zyra really needs the health. I sometimes buy the health component of haunting guise before the AP component if I have a tough lane. Sightstone first, of course. It is important to have the vision to judge when you can all in.

dimb

AP Amumu is just really counter intuitive for a build. You're building AP stats on a tank initiator.
It doesn't really matter in most situations. AP mummy's burst is high enough to avoid much retaliation because his ultimate is so devastating and difficult to work around, and his base stats and E passive provide a decent amount of tankiness. AP mummy can snowball games really hard.

Newt

It doesn't really matter in most situations. AP mummy's burst is high enough to avoid much retaliation because his ultimate is so devastating and difficult to work around, and his base stats and E passive provide a decent amount of tankiness. AP mummy can snowball games really hard.
It's just the inferior build. Of course it can work, but you're better off just going the tank version.

Looked at it, didn't you convert your early kill over vi into a 3 for 1 in the opponent's favor? Thankfully the one kill went to ADC trist and 3 kills went to support Kayle. Vi has one less assist, the same number of kills and half as many deaths and early kills were converted into turrets on their side.
Wait, we can watch replays?

Started my first game of the day, loading now. I had two egg white sandwiches from McDonald's and coffee at home with peppermint mocha creamer. Let's do this. I'm so fucking ready, friends.

Tizoc

Started my first game of the day, loading now. I had two egg white sandwiches from McDonald's and coffee at home with peppermint mocha creamer. Let's do this. I'm so fucking ready, friends.

There are times when I envy people with such free time, in your case I hope you the best at winning and ranking up!
WRECK THIS ISH BRAH!

There are times when I envy people with such free time, in your case I hope you the best at winning and ranking up!
WRECK THIS ISH BRAH!
Yeah I'm in nursing but it's only a few days a week. Next semester I'll be working again along with it so probably not much time.

Anyway, first game was a blowout, we won. An early ult to bot lane got our Jinx 2 kills, and then another one and she snowballed from there. Our Warwick completely destroyed the Ryze top, which shocked me. I figured he'd lose since he's melee.

Just had one of the most awful experiences of all time. I was Braum and did great. Got our Corki fed and we destroyed bot lane.

But we had a Nasus. You know where this is going, right? I've never encountered such a... I don't even know the fucking word to describe him. All he did was overextend WAAAAAAY too far to farm and get stacks. All they did was keep 3-4 man ganking him.

The last team fight, at the end of the game, he of course did it again (died 10 times total). They' 4-man ganked him and then just pushed and won 5vs4. The game was basically 5vs4.

He was so awful in chat too. One of the worst experiences of all time.

E: Just checked his match history. Out of his last 10 games:

0-9-0 Nasus
3-17-2 Yorick
0-15-2 Urgot

Guarantee he was top lane in all of those and did the same exact thing. What am I supposed to do?

Jeff-DSA

Just had one of the most awful experiences of all time. I was Braum and did great. Got our Corki fed and we destroyed bot lane.

But we had a Nasus. You know where this is going, right? I've never encountered such a... I don't even know the fucking word to describe him. All he did was overextend WAAAAAAY too far to farm and get stacks. All they did was keep 3-4 man ganking him.

The last team fight, at the end of the game, he of course did it again (died 10 times total). They' 4-man ganked him and then just pushed and won 5vs4. The game was basically 5vs4.

Nothing worse than a Nasus that can't CS responsibly. Seriously, it's infuriating.

dimb

I watched your game. You did not do great. This is a recurring problem throughout the community, but you are so obsessed with what your teammates are doing that you fail to notice your own mistakes.

You did not know what to build. You had your Face of the Mountain before you'd even built a Sightstone. You did not know what skills to level. You did not ward properly. You were slow to react in fights and failed to accomplish what you needed to.

I watched your game. You did not do great. This is a recurring problem throughout the community, but you are so obsessed with what your teammates are doing that you fail to notice your own mistakes.

You did not know what to build. You had your Face of the Mountain before you'd even built a Sightstone. You did not know what skills to level. You did not ward properly. You were slow to react in fights and failed to accomplish what you needed to.

Oh give me a fucking break dude. We won our lane, I got our Corki fed. This isn't the LCS. I had 18 assists and did my job.

Even if I had done exactly what you just said, it wouldn't have mattered. Did you not watch the Nasus? It was 5vs4. He 100% cost us the game. He's a total troll.

0-9-0 Nasus
3-17-2 Yorick
0-15-2 Urgot

Those are in his match history. All he does is farm top lane by himself and get constantly ganked all game. Look at the assists. He is NEVER with the team. One of the enemies even said in post-game chat, "if he was with you it would have been hard".

dimb

Oh give me a fucking break dude. We won our lane, I got our Corki fed. This isn't the LCS. I had 18 assists and did my job.

Even if I had done exactly what you just said, it wouldn't have mattered. Did you not watch the Nasus?
I watched everything. Your inability to analyze your own mistakes is your undoing. You can shift the blame all you want but it doesn't change the fact that you were slow in team fights to jump to and shield targets, and even slower to break CC chains with your ultimate. Yes, your Nasus made mistakes, but he was 10/10/1 with the earned significantly more gold than your AD carry. He at least drew attention, and it wasn't as though he was doing nothing all game.

Newt

I watched everything. Your inability to analyze your own mistakes is your undoing. You can shift the blame all you want but it doesn't change the fact that you were slow in team fights to jump to and shield targets, and even slower to break CC chains with your ultimate. Yes, your Nasus made mistakes, but he was 10/10/1 with the earned significantly more gold than your AD carry. He at least drew attention, and it wasn't as though he was doing nothing all game.
There's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Download this:

https://obsproject.com/

Record your games. And rewatch to see how badly you played. Helped me get to Platinum all the way from Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom