• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Just had the nicest guy support me as Vayne in coop vs AI. I asked him where he wanted to go and he went support J4, and I didn't feel like playing Ezreal so the other free this week was Vayne. After I had 10 kills I was like, idm if you get some kills o.o and he insisted not to.

Anyway, nice to see nice people around, 2015 starting great!
Can't wait for my first defeat ;E

Newt

Just had the nicest guy support me as Vayne in coop vs AI. I asked him where he wanted to go and he went support J4, and I didn't feel like playing Ezreal so the other free this week was Vayne. After I had 10 kills I was like, idm if you get some kills o.o and he insisted not to.

Yeah, I had a pretty decent dude supporting me too in ranked. The dude was playing Blitz and he got cheesed twice in lane by getting headbutted into turret. I got pretty annoyed, but didn't really say anything. Anyways, we later won the game because him, Rex and me were playing well (and Yasuo being a trash champion in diamond). The dude was like, "I got carried thanks guys, I sucked in lane". I told him that he deserved the win.

Indignate

So I got back into playing this because of ARAM but apparently that mode is full of bots unless I play with my friends who are lvl 30s so Yay I guess?

Nekofrog

Banned
JyX3kHA.jpg

mid inhib down

BETTER KEEP PUSHING MID

+ an idiot vayne

she didnt deserve the lp

Sofo

Yeah, I had a pretty decent dude supporting me too in ranked. The dude was playing Blitz and he got cheesed twice in lane by getting headbutted into turret. I got pretty annoyed, but didn't really say anything. Anyways, we later won the game because him, Rex and me were playing well (and Yasuo being a trash champion in diamond). The dude was like, "I got carried thanks guys, I sucked in lane". I told him that he deserved the win.

Aww, that's so nice! Is it true that supports Diamond and up are toxic? I once supported a Diamond Vayne on EUW (teambuilder matchmaking.. lol) and he/she was super happy that I was helpful/not ragey. Is it the same in NA?

Tbh I don't blame that Blitz, sometimes it feels kind of an undeserved win if you're not getting "omg" hooks, but sometimes decent ones are ok too I guess!

Leezard

Aww, that's so nice! Is it true that supports Diamond and up are toxic? I once supported a Diamond Vayne on EUW (teambuilder matchmaking.. lol) and he/she was super happy that I was helpful/not ragey. Is it the same in NA?

Tbh I don't blame that Blitz, sometimes it feels kind of an undeserved win if you're not getting "omg" hooks, but sometimes decent ones are ok too I guess!

Not any more than other people in higher ranks are toxic.

No, but I am pretty tired of reddit. Instead of talking about the game, they just jerk it over what qtpie said on stream, some Korean play(which are usually just average plays), my gf/be/sister/cousin/dog/mom made x for my birthday, riot pls, east coast servers, or bugs. No real talk about balance or the meta. And when you try to talk about it, they just say to use another subreddit. It's kinda gross really, I would love for all the lcs shit to go in its own subreddit.
The plight of someone who hates Reddit but still frequents it every day anyways. Logic is lost on you.

Fizz is the most bullshit champion in the game.
Fuck you
Pick Elise and Cho'gath for mid to make his laning phase miserable if you really want to stick it to him.

Tizoc

THIS MATCH GAF
GI7nV2.png

THIS 1 HOUR GAME me and Zed carried the shit out of it and we were 3v4 (Fiora may as well had been AFK, and I only count Teemo cuz he tried to push lanes or clear them, despite being drunk throughout the entire end game).
Yi, Darius and Riven got the 5th dragon buff, and wasted us in a few team fights; their Vayne and Braum were afk! Did I mention that both our nexus turrets were down. It was a tough ass fight but we did it in the end, I can't push for shit with the build I made for Shen SINCE i was tanking, but thankfully we managed to take down all 5 enemies when vayne and braum reconnected, especially with Zed and ashe getting most of the kills.
Best Fiora ever did in this match was take top+its inhibitor while we did team fights, but oh god if we ever cleared mid, I was the only one pushing especially since Zed ended up dieing.
I even told Zed that even if we lost this game I'd honor him and honored him I did @_@

Sofo

Not any more than other people in higher ranks are toxic.

But like, with being in such elos (Diamond 4+/Master/Challenger) I'd just assume toxicity would drop? I mean, I get it to be a rampant thing in Silver/Gold and particularly Platinum, but should (from a logical standpoint) toxicity drop once everyone has more of a game-sense/experience?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
But like, with being in such elos (Diamond 4+/Master/Challenger) I'd just assume toxicity would drop? I mean, I get it to be a rampant thing in Silver/Gold and particularly Platinum, but should (from a logical standpoint) toxicity drop once everyone has more of a game-sense/experience?

It's broken up into every other tier in my experience.

Bronze - Decent
Silver - Toxic
Gold - Decent (Unless gold 1/2 and/or Vayne Ezreal players)
Plat - MEGA toxic (esp Riven and Yi)
Diamond - Decent

Leezard

It does happen everywhere. In my experience (D3-low D1) the toxicity has dropped off compared to the lower ranks. From what I've heard, people in the really high ranks (Master/Challenger) get worse. I'm not sure if that's accurate as I do not have extensive experience playing there. There's certainly been a couple of examples of toxic highest-rank players such as Nukeduck, Forgiven, Mithy, Hjarnan, etc, but I don't know how it stacks up in general.

What I meant was that a support in higher ranks is no more likely to be toxic than any other role in the higher ranks. Unless it's someone "forced" into support, then they might get quite salty when things go wrong. It was not a general statement about toxicity in higher ranks.

Skills go up, egos go up. Challenger has basically 3 types of player, goofy guys that joke around and have fun, neutral players that just play normally and absolute dickwads that will eventually get permabanned for racial slurs.

Sofo

Hmm I guess it makes sense. It's just I tend to watch QT and it seems Challenger/Master in NA is a bit more "lax" compared to EUW? Or at least it seems. In EUW I've seen people flame while Krepo was streaming and that shit was hella embarrassing.

Like why bother? lol

Happy new year you guys!
Spent the bast part of 7 hours hallucinating about Leeg whilst rushing on MDMA. Wouldn't change it for the world.

Tizoc

Thinking of going Top Maokai; any tips to how to use him properly at top? Do I spam the sapling at enemy champ?

DeadNames

Banned
The plight of someone who hates Reddit but still frequents it every day anyways. Logic is lost on you.

Pick Elise and Cho'gath for mid to make his laning phase miserable if you really want to stick it to him.

I go on Reddit, just not the league on. I'm still subbed to check for PBE updates or something because Riot doesn't use their own forum.

Nekofrog

Banned
I go on Reddit, just not the league on. I'm still subbed to check for PBE updates or something because Riot doesn't use their own forum.

From the last month:

Thinking of creating a 'r/leaguerelatedthingsmygirlfriendwifebrothersistersondaughtermotherfathergrandmothergrandfatheruncleauntinlawdog Subreddit to consolidate the front page.

Champion Hate thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Kalista passive is one of the stupidest things Riot has released.

I honestly hate crit chance so much.

Faker goes to Chipotle on LC$ Esports feat Phreak's reaction to QTpie's stream with a drawing by my quadriplegic Korean challenger exchange student and a Lee Sin/Riven/Yasuo/Vayne montage. xDDDDD

[NORMAL HUMAN BEING] You're all disgusting disgraces to humanity and I hope Natural Selection eradicates you. - oh whoops this was your post to the incest subreddit

Riot, if you intend for Morello's to be the go-to mana item, then healers will need some changes.

Please submit all eSports articles to /r/lolesports

Kalista is the first CertainlyT champ to be released that isn't horrendously broken on release.

Can we make the inhib turrets pack more of a punch?

Write a Haiku about your favorite champ. (funny, coming from someone who accuses redditors of posting shitty threads)

Aatrox needs some buffs.

Rek'Sai and Shen will be top tier top laners.

Riot's "Giant" champs have increased in quality so much

Can we talk about knockup creep?

Does anyone else just forget some champs exist?

Can I report Yasuo players for trolling?

I don't like the term "toxic".

Gnar is a slap to the face to top laners.

Please stop banning Yasuo

Why has Riot been giving melees the D with the past few champ releases?

Gnar is an abomination

Korean and Faker are the "MLG" of this subreddit.

Is Rammus really OP, or is he so strong because of how broken ADCs are in the meta?

ITT: We list things more annoying than Korean voice acting.

Why am I literally punished for beating Irelia?

it's not like I wanted to play a melee champion anyways Riot.

----

that was just the threads you SUBMITTED to the subreddit in a month. you know for someone who complains about redditors and the state of the league subreddit, you sure do your best to throw shit at it constantly and clog it up.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah it's a shithole so I troll it from time to time. It's beyond redemption. Occasionally I'll make real threads but most of the time I'm just screwing around.

That's really mature of you by the way. You know, to go digging through peoples past like that. You want my Facebook/email/Twitter too?

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah it's a shithole so I troll it from time to time. Occasionally I'll make real threads but most of the time I'm just screening around.

That's really mature of you by the way. You know, to go digging through peoples past like that. You want my Facebook/email/Twitter too?

you're missing the overall point to the post. you're not trolling anyone on that subreddit with your dumb threads, you're just making it more difficult to parse through.

DeadNames

Banned
you're missing the overall point to the post. you're not trolling anyone on that subreddit with your dumb threads, you're just making it more difficult to parse through.

Oh please, most of the shit on the new page doesn't even reach the front page anyways, and there's not much traffic. If someone is bothered by one shitpost then they need to grow a pair.

I'm just still surprised you actually posted my reddit threads.

Nekofrog

Banned
Oh please, most of the shit on the new page doesn't even reach the front page anyways, and there's not much traffic. If someone is bothered by one shitpost then they need to grow a pair.

i'm not talking about the main page. you're still missing the point in your own righteous indignation

DeadNames

Banned
i'm not talking about the main page. you're still missing the point in your own righteous indignation

Then what are you talking about? My low quality bait shitposts?

It's beyond redemption dude. People are already asking for subreddits about everything. I just look at the rubble and add my own destruction.

Nekofrog

Banned
Then what are you talking about? My low quality bait shitposts?

It's beyond redemption dude. People are already asking for subreddits about everything. I just look at the rubble and add my own destruction.

How's this for an idea

Click the links you're interested and ignore the ones you're not

Blizzard

Banned

J4 support plus Vayne is a lot of fun if it starts well, since J4 does a lot of damage early, and after that Vayne can start condemning into the ult wall.

Speaking of Rek'Sai, I had an enemy jungler Rek'Sai the other day place an invincible tunnel in bot lane close to my turret. Couldn't push the enemy bot lane past river without her ulting behind us. It was really quite frustrating.

Sofo

Good idea.

It's a terrible site that promotes circljerking and a hivemind.

Like when Riot tried to change Lee Sin and the Lee Sin CJ singlehandedly out CJ'd every other vocal CJ and Riot changed their mind on Lee Sin.

You got that only half right, reddit IS MADE for circlejerk, I mean it literally is meant to show what the majority wants a to see. Hivemind? Not so much the platform's fault but the users..

Btw, neko may have posted the posts but I posted your username on reddit when I found you and I wondered in the thread if that was really you (I think you replied to them on chat?).

I personally enjoy everything on there, most videos are enjoyable, Korean plays are cool to look at, I love that goofy motherfucker of QT, and some of the things people draw are actually fairly cool!

Idk, I think you let things bother you too much, or at least it comes across like that on your posts. Have some fun with it, man!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
not to throw you under the bus or anything but if that surprises you, why were you using them to message the forum during your ban? it'd be odd to send a message you'd be surprised to ever see received.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2n6v27/lolgaf_i_will_return/

---

dont get me wrong though, neko is bm as fuck.

he almost had me feeling bad for a Vayne player today.
a Vayne player.
almost.

Was that you I saw in a twitch steam recently? CritPlank is hilarious, but I rather go Statik+Inf. Edge+Tank+BoRK/Hydra. More Crit chance is nice though.

I don't stream, but I could've been on someone else's I suppose. I like Hydra on GP but I felt like going full damage + triforce. We were against a troll Vayne and a jungle Kennen so I figured why not.

Tizoc

I don't stream, but I could've been on someone else's I suppose. I like Hydra on GP but I felt like going full damage + triforce. We were against a troll Vayne and a jungle Kennen so I figured why not.

Hydra's 'wave' doesn't crit/scale with crit damage does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom