• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

playing as kat vs orianna was incredibly annoying just now. i would have lost the lane 100% if it werent for ganks.

That's one of the hardest match ups for Katarina, don't feel bad about struggling there.

Honestly, Katarina has so many counters. Anybody with CC, slows, and stuns can deal with her just fine. She's 100% vulnerable during her ult, and it's easily interrupted.

As for starting with Katarina, I agree that you should go boots with 4 pots. You really need to move around a lot with her behind your minions in most match ups and it helps you get to your Sorc's boots all that much faster as your second item. You can roam earlier/easier, and you need those pots to stay in lane early because her Q is the only ability that offers any range.

there are few things in life more fun than dunking salty Rivens

Vhyc2yo.jpg

Bungie's

¡HarlequinPanic!;135565930 said:
I get using her seeds but I've always found zyra REALLY needs the health early on. I build it after nomad's on her typically. Maybe I'm wrong?
good point, first item is usually haunting guise which give you a bit of health. but yea she's extremely squishy, if you get hooked by a thresh or blitz hook you're pretty much dead.

Einbroch

Banned
I approve of these splashes as they seem to be updating them frequently. The first two were out of place, but they're really pumping them out.

Sofo

that's not meant as a malicious dig against u heavy, I've never played with you, but the one time I played with sofo in a bot game he would call out mistakes that he didn't even make

FTFY <:

Oooh, I remember that time! Was fun! I think I was Lulu and you were Kat with the Penta? ;o

To be honest, I raged a lot half a year ago, but I changed my mentality because it wasn't healthy and it was really counterproductive. Like it would just put me on tilt and what not, and my performance degraded (from trash too!)

well i dunno about that game, seems like your team was pretty set on losing with like the volibear with tp and shit

i feel like yo might've wanted to max e (imo you should always start e unless you very high % catch at lvl1) if you were fighting their bot lane a lot. like hook isn't gonna help you a lot against leona and trist while juicy aoe damage from flay plus passive is pretty good. if game was a lot about roaming and looking for picks then max q was ok but i see lucy and trist were killing each other all the time and like e passive gives you like 30 more ad per rank when supercharged which is pretty nice.

also vs a brawly lane like that you might want to get tankier masteries, go for like 16-14 or something

i wouldn't recommend getting that armor attack speed reduction thingie either, at least not as your first item. you could've tried going for mikaels (you can start with the cdr item with thresh since he doesn't need chalice all that much) since they had annie+leona (tho tbh there's very little you can do to save someone from an annie) or just starting with giants belt or maybe glacial shroud or something. like as a support you're not gonna be tanking much, just peeling for adc. getting randuins is useful so you can body block a bit and get the slow and generally don't be one-shot but overall i feel like it's better

other than that i dunno, your team got pretty shit on and since your frontliners were idiots and your backline was feeding there's not much you could do. picture i see in my head is a lot of landed hooks turning into aces for the enemy team.

To be completely honest, I did land some hooks but we didn't/and obviously couldn't follow up, so it was kinda eh. They also started grouping while we were trying to scrap for EXP ._.

I will take your word about the masteries! Those are the kind I use for Leona I think. I never thought about switching masteries and not just be like "dis 4 thresh and 4lyf". I am still the kind of person to overlook these kind of things, or at least I like to favour utility (I love that movement speed).

You are totally right on the Giant's belt/Warden's Mail thing! I actually used to do that a lot, or to favour Health over stats when building parts of future tank items (this was going to be a Randuin's!). I'm not entirely sure about Mikael's here, because Leona wasn't that great herself (her R's were way off and I would flay her out when she tried to E).

All and all, I'm still bummed for a loss, considering (and I'm scared) that I will get teamed up with some Bronze team mates (Leona and Shaco landed on Silver 1 after this match - they were on placements as well) and I am a bit worried that unless I can land Annie, I can't really "carry" or help win.

I'm glad I'm losing my fear overall about ranked. I hope that even if I land on Bronze (nothing wrong with that I guess) I can push for at least Silver! But really, just want to shake off the fear for the upcoming season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
yea like i said before i don't really like the zilean nerf

i guess the exp thing is super op in competitive or something but i thought unlike janna's thing it was more interesting
I don't really understand how a flat global experience boost is interesting to anyone.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't really understand how a flat global experience boost is interesting to anyone.
makes the lvl 2, lvl 3 rushes more unpredictable in other lanes (i mean still predictable but u know), so gives me more to think about

i like that

i mean i don't mind if they want to just nerf zilean out of the game while they rework him cos he's not that great of a champion but in general i don't mind global buffs on supports (it was dumb on tf tho), tho i can see how they can make balancing those champions hard.

brian!

They speak Chinese in China.

yah i noticed that

But that is me ;_; I swear!

i skip like half the posts in this thread and my eyes and mind often glaze over as I peruse and a lot of boarders just blur together for me, so you were probably part of this hybrid theory poster, it's my b

like I definitely swear that sometimes some posters switch their avatars to fuck with me, but it's mainly that I'm not paying attention
I could have sworn there was another totoro avatar in here tho

zkylon

zkylewd
it's hard for me cos if it's a cute deer like the one that hops around merrily i'd be all for that but this one seems like a true detective kind of deer

bidguy

Banned
That's one of the hardest match ups for Katarina, don't feel bad about struggling there.

Honestly, Katarina has so many counters. Anybody with CC, slows, and stuns can deal with her just fine. She's 100% vulnerable during her ult, and it's easily interrupted.

As for starting with Katarina, I agree that you should go boots with 4 pots. You really need to move around a lot with her behind your minions in most match ups and it helps you get to your Sorc's boots all that much faster as your second item. You can roam earlier/easier, and you need those pots to stay in lane early because her Q is the only ability that offers any range.

thanks for the help, appreciate it

i found that ganking is really really easy with her once you hit 6. porting back to minions or wards also helps when getting ganked lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom