• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great OP.

My winning streak ended because I was last pick and they counter-picked us hard. Fizz and Lee were owned by Ryze and Jayce even though they swapped. And our support Blitz didn't build SightStone (I placed more wards than him).

Lost 18 LP but won my next game and got 23 so that's a good sign.

Tizoc

Ah the smell of a new thread.
I am 1 LP in Silver 4. I am too scared to play another ranked match in case of being de-moted.
Yet at the same time I want to at least reach Silver 3 before the end of the season @_@

Newt

I am 1 LP in Silver 4. I am too scared to play another ranked match in case of being de-moted.
Yet at the same time I want to at least reach Silver 3 before the end of the season @_@
If you're in silver, don't worry about being demoted. You have nothing to lose.

I lost four games in a row at 0 lp in Silver III. You can do it for sure! I'm still trying to go for gold but it's not looking too likely.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Don't pretend you're innocent.

Guilty of posting amazing ahri fanart?

ahri.jpg

After a loooong break, I've started to play LoL again. Is there any sort of numerical ELO available, either for ranked or normals, or is it completely hidden at this point?

Edwardo

After a loooong break, I've started to play LoL again. Is there any sort of numerical ELO available, either for ranked or normals, or is it completely hidden at this point?

It's hidden. Some websites have elo and mmr calculators or w/e but they're just estimates.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you have enough ranked games in your match history you can go to http://na.op.gg and use the "Calculate my MMR" tab. It isn't completely accurate but it's as close as you're going to get.

Bruh, I just played with a jungle Yi that managed just north of 1k damage in a 40-minute match.

It's like people don't even want to win.

just as a follow-up. The Yi in question:

P3klrJl.png

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1590532817/42941535?tab=stats

help me understand how to carry these. My Jayce's back is only so strong.

edit:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflege.../1590532817/42941535?tab=builds&participant=7

he didn't even have runes....in a mid-silver ranked match...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
how many games in a row can I get last pick? jesus

1.1 k damage to champs

lolololol

In 30+ minutes. I'm not sure if this has ever happened in the history of League before. It's fucking impossible to NOT deal damage in fights with Yi. If you Q more than once in a fight, you're going to hit 1k champ damage.

like...it shouldn't be this hard to win games, man.

Korten

Banned
Did you get rekted?

Yeah we lost. Darius vs Cho... Just nothing you can do. Cho can build damage or tank and regardless of either, he will do shit ton of damage and have more defense and health than you...

I also may or may not have accidently been using my Syndra mastery page...

Korten

Banned
Played top against Jayce as Darius... I fed sooo badly. First I got caught in an invasion at the start, and I was killed for first blood. Then Jayce kept killing me till I eventually killed him and I was 1/4 and he was 4/1.

Then... While I would still die 6 more times. I got soooooooooooooooo fucking tanky that Jayce began to do negible damage to me and I could fight him easily.

We won.

Jeff-DSA

Just played against a Ziggs in the mid. Haven't been seeing him hardly at all since the nerf. He can still clear waves well, but he's not so great anymore. He's so easy to all in and he's just too fragile with all these high burst mages and assassins in the mid.

Tizoc

Played top against Jayce as Darius... I fed sooo badly. First I got caught in an invasion at the start, and I was killed for first blood. Then Jayce kept killing me till I eventually killed him and I was 1/4 and he was 4/1.

Then... While I would still die 6 more times. I got soooooooooooooooo fucking tanky that Jayce began to do negligible damage to me and I could fight him easily.

We won.

lol nice, what'd you build on Darius? Did this Jayce forget to get Armor Pen?

Guilty of posting amazing ahri fanart?
That Ahri's creepy as fuck.

Yeah we lost. Darius vs Cho... Just nothing you can do. Cho can build damage or tank and regardless of either, he will do shit ton of damage and have more defense and health than you...
What? Masteries mishap notwithstanding, Darius has the edge early on and if Cho started with Rupture at level 1 + built Rod of Ages eventually, then he had no idea what he was doing.

Korten

Banned
That Ahri's creepy as fuck.

What? Masteries mishap notwithstanding, Darius has the edge early on and if Cho started with Rupture at level 1 + built Rod of Ages eventually, then he had no idea what he was doing.

Not sure that's true... Honestly Cho can easily beat Darius due to his range of attacks. I always felt like I could never do enough damage. He only built one armor item and yet my damage just fell off instantly on him.

lol nice, what'd you build on Darius? Did this Jayce forget to get Armor Pen?

UZfb.png

(should note that pre-hydra item I bought last...)

Musician

How do you carry a botlane with a combined death toll of 38 and a jungler who died three times to different jungle camps?

You don't.

Not sure that's true... Honestly Cho can easily beat Darius due to his range of attacks. I always felt like I could never do enough damage. He only built one armor item and yet my damage just fell off instantly on him.

UZfb.png

(should note that pre-hydra item I bought last...)
Cho'gath is fairly weak initially by top lane standards. As someone like Darius, you have up until level 4 to hurt him before he can return respectable damage (as well as him not having Ignite); creating opportunities for that isn't particularly difficult to do if you position yourself correctly. If he started Rupture, he's a non-threat outside of ganks from the enemy jungler. If he started Feral Scream then it'll be more difficult to approach him with your own skills, but he still can't CS safely without spending mana if you position yourself correctly. You are underestimating just how mana-intensive he is early on. Having looked through your match history, that Cho'gath also built like shit; Catalyst rush so he continued to be a wet noodle for a relatively long time + Dumbfire Cape on him is sad too considering Cho'gath never needs that for any reason. No CDR of any kind up until the 26 minute mark, leaving plenty of room to exploit the long-ish cooldowns on Rupture / Feral Scream. You definitely could've been a larger threat to him than you made it out to be, excluding the possibility of gank pressure, which is something Cho'gath had to be wary of anyways since Nunu and Swain can keep up the chase on him.

EDIT: and I noticed said Cho also selected AD damage + armor penetration runes. ಠ_ಠ

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Really need to spend more time watching my own replays than high elo matchup videos. I've hit some kind of wall that's putting me on tilt. Win lane, lose game kind of thing where I have little impact in the mid to late game. Kinda depressing to watch that bot lane that you stomped climb back into relevance through bad teamfights

500 AP Sona with Lich Bane in ARAM.

ymnln80z2swf.gif

Fun comp eitherway. GP, Sona, Kayle, Soraka, Nami. Their Ryze didn't have any HP/MR so one Power Chorded Q chopped 80% of his health off.

Sofo

just as a follow-up. The Yi in question:

P3klrJl.png

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1590532817/42941535?tab=stats

help me understand how to carry these. My Jayce's back is only so strong.

edit:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflege.../1590532817/42941535?tab=builds&participant=7

he didn't even have runes....in a mid-silver ranked match...

Holy fuck that was ranked. That Akali must have been a relative to the Yi because that's pretty wtf as well.

Decided to pick up Thresh again after getting bored
(losing badly)
with Nami. I forgot how toxic he is when played correctly.

I would never bore of the fish but people can't react to Aqua Prison plays properly.

Subtle

Nid's and Kass's cone abilities will always cast away from your cursor if you use your dash ability right before your cone ability.

Edit: Using Nidalee's Swipe and Kassadins Force Pulse right after Pounce/Riftwalk will make it so that Swipe/Force Pulse will always cast backwards

xerath can crash the game for anyone who has vision of him by Qing backwards while he's on the fountain platform.
One of the most random bugs in the game I've heard in a while.

Reminds me of TF2 where you can crash servers by suiciding as DR Spy disguised as Heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom