• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've played like total shit the last few days and it's getting to me. Like I can't farm for shit and it's so frustrating. I do ok during laning phase but as soon as that ends I get like 40-50 every 10. It's easily the weakest part of my game and I have no idea how to fix it.

Edwardo

I've played like total shit the last few days and it's getting to me. Like I can't farm for shit and it's so frustrating. I do ok during laning phase but as soon as that ends I get like 40-50 every 10. It's easily the weakest part of my game and I have no idea how to fix it.

I'd say take a couple days off of playing. You can watch some streams if you need your league fix. Probably will pick up a thing or two.

How long do you keep decent farm up? 20 minutes? 30?
deadnames is in his gold v promo series, playing with him:

twitch.tv/pandagaf
Nid mid against Morde

I expect some rage incoming

Fracas

#fuckonami
How long do you keep decent farm up? 20 minutes? 30?

Until we stop laning phase, basically. I usually get about 70-80 by the 10 minute mark (which even then isn't anything crazy) but I fall off the second we start teamfighting. I have no idea when it's safe to branch out into other lanes and farm, even if I've got wards.

sleepykyo

No Last Whisper on Vayne or Zed.

I've won lots of games as a full AD team "since" i go AD TF because of LW

No. You won despite going AD TF and making the team full ad. There is a difference.

You made defense itemization for the enemy extremely cheap and the team had to compensate for that. Like you could have simply ask for an ap top and someone could go with ryze or rumble to provide ap damage.

Until we stop laning phase, basically. I usually get about 70-80 by the 10 minute mark (which even then isn't anything crazy) but I fall off the second we start teamfighting. I have no idea when it's safe to branch out into other lanes and farm, even if I've got wards.
If you're unsure if a lane is safe to farm, wait till it pushes while looking at the minimap, if anyone shows on the minimap, clear the wave and bail out.

No. You won despite going AD TF and making the team full ad. There is a difference.

You made defense itemization for the enemy extremely cheap and the team had to compensate for that. Like you could have simply ask for an ap top and someone could go with ryze or rumble to provide ap damage.
Little known fact: AD TF does 60% AD and 40% AP damage. It's always a 60/40 split in post-game stats.

Blizzard

Banned
With the advent of gold, may Deadnames treat others with respect and kindness, maintaining an even temper and improving society.

sleepykyo

Little known fact: AD TF does 60% AD and 40% AP damage. It's always a 60/40 split in post-game stats.

I'm not disputing whether TF is better as AD or AP. You obviously have your mind set anyway.

I'm disputing that you going AD TF benefits your team; especially given how you don't provide them an opportunity to build around it. When the team goes full ad, the benefit of armor is more pronounced. So regardless of whether you take AD TF, Yasuo or Zed to the mid lane instead of a more traditional mage, that puts a burden on the rest of the rest of team.

As a bad player in low silver/bronze, it annoys me to no end when someone is surprised/frustrated with players, that haven't picked up the conventions yet, can't adapt to something unconventional. Like you could probably could have been gold ages ago if you didn't ask as much of your teammates.

I'm not disputing whether TF is better as AD or AP. You obviously have your mind set anyway.

I'm disputing that you going AD TF benefits your team; especially given how you don't provide them an opportunity to build around it. When the team goes full ad, the benefit of armor is more pronounced. So regardless of whether you take AD TF, Yasuo or Zed to the mid lane instead of a more traditional mage, that puts a burden on the rest of the rest of team.

As a bad player in low silver/bronze, it annoys me to no end when someone is surprised/frustrated with players, that haven't picked up the conventions yet, can't adapt to something unconventional. Like you could probably could have been gold ages ago if you didn't ask as much of your teammates.
I'd have been gold ages ago if I could play TF every game with this 60% win rate, but that's life.

Just had a horrible experience as Sona.

Blizzard

Banned
Like you could probably could have been gold ages ago if you didn't ask as much of your teammates.
This is probably true in general. Part of the game, potentially a large part, is adjusting to teammates. One might play "correctly" for Summoner's Rift, or ARAM, or whatever, if everyone were at a platinum or diamond skill level. However, I would hypothesize that same correct play might do poorly in bronze or silver if it depends on teammates also playing appropriately. Adapting one's play to that may be important.

In my case, I doubt my problem was playing at a high level, it was just playing badly. I thought I was taking forever to get to gold (over 450 ranked games this season after placing in silver 1), but I still got there ahead of a few people chronologically. I used to play tons of Katarina, I like Katarina, she's probably easy for most everyone but me...yet I fail miserably with her, most of the time since her remake. Whether I try tanky, AP, hourglass, DFG, or whatever, I fail to do damage or fail to get in the right fights at the right time.

Over 62 Katarina games in season 4, I had a miserable 46.8% win rate, though one of my better KDA's (9/5/8 rounded). Now, I could have continued maining Katarina, and maybe even improving eventually, but instead I switched to some different champions that might be better for team fights. In particular, Fiora for a while, and ultimately the key for me, Maokai (69.0% win rate out of 29 games). Switching around to something that worked better for me, while also fitting into the established meta so people didn't rage, seemed effective. It didn't hurt that Maokai was strong at the time, and many teams lack tanks otherwise.

Overall point: Sometimes it may not matter how good, bad, or dedicated you are at one particular thing. Sometimes if your goal is purely a ranking number / color, it may be best to adjust some things. Of course the attitude is one of the most important things to adjust for everyone, and that's difficult.

Japarican

Banned
When will the people of soloq realize that corki is the best and most fun adc

I noticed him last year, but here is this year
zXid3rU.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played another ranked game and yeah I'm on full tilt. Blown out in like my last 4 games.

Taking a break from League. I'm not even that mad I lost, it's just the toxicity is endless.

Burt

Yup, Lissandra kills it on Hexakill TT. Not a wall on that map you can't reach over, and the tight jungle means her ult just murders entire teams.

I'd have been gold ages ago if I could play TF every game with this 60% win rate, but that's life.

Just had a horrible experience as Sona.

Sona is still pretty pasive if you build her support so you have to let it the support mentality and go agressive but if you get caugh in one CC is over.

Type2

If you're not playing aggressively with Sona, you're doing it really wrong.
Really goes with any squishy mage. If you play zyra afraid of skillshots and do nothing in lane eventually you'll get hit by one. Same goes for sona. You have to poke and abuse the sustain. I've seen many sona players in gold just being a w bot in lane then getting wrecked in all ins because they put no dmg back in trades. There is also the opposite where they play too aggressive and get caught out of position away from their adc.

Edit: is anyone have heavy frame related lag on this patch? It's usually in random bursts for me but frustrating all the same. Wondering if I should repair client or run some diagnostics on my machine.

Burt

Really goes with any squishy mage. If you play zyra afraid of skillshots and do nothing in lane eventually you'll get hit by one. Same goes for sona. You have to poke and abuse the sustain. I've seen many sona players in gold just being a w bot in lane then getting wrecked in all ins because they put no dmg back in trades. There is also the opposite where they play too aggressive and get caught out of position away from their adc.

Edit: is anyone have heavy frame related lag on this patch? It's usually in random bursts for me but frustrating all the same. Wondering if I should repair client or run some diagnostics on my machine.
I've started getting 1-2 second lock ups randomly, but I think it has something to do with AMD's Raptr thingy. Do you have it on your comp?

that pretty much confirms the kalista leak

wasn't her thing supposed to be her marking those targets for revenge or something? that's what the cards with the Xs look like to me.
Translation goes something like "These champions have sinned so the Dark Mist will get'em, the Dark Mist will come to Summoner's Rift soon"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
going into ranked with heavenly hammer:

twitch.tv/pandagaf

gonna make it into the wall of shame with all these link posts.

edit: oh damn, great teammate ribbon on hammer.

Sofo

I broke the curse! ;o It only took watching something spooky on netflix to get back into Hexakill!

I love pushing mindlessly while my team keeps racking up kills. ;3 Got carried by an Annie that had the same number of kills AND assists as double of my total kill participation, that's how little impactful I was lol.

Good thing is, while everyone was busy bot, I managed to take inhib turret before they even realized. :3 Victory in 24 minutes!

I didn't get an icon yet though? ._.

Blizzard

Banned
I broke the curse! ;o It only took watching something spooky on netflix to get back into Hexakill!

I love pushing mindlessly while my team keeps racking up kills. ;3 Got carried by an Annie that had the same number of kills AND assists as double of my total kill participation, that's how little impactful I was lol.

Good thing is, while everyone was busy bot, I managed to take inhib turret before they even realized. :3 Victory in 24 minutes!

I didn't get an icon yet though? ._.
I thought you had to win 3 games to get an icon. At least it's not as obnoxious as the Ascension icon requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom