• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandoric

Banned
Sona is still pretty pasive if you build her support so you have to let it the support mentality and go agressive but if you get caugh in one CC is over.

That's why she's out of meta. Her tradeoff for effectively having a dual-carry laning phase before transitioning to engage and utility later is that she's extremely vulnerable to hard engage early on, and most of her counterparts have spammable hard engage that's difficult to reliably dodge and/or a shield designed to shut down ranged or magic damage.

On the other hand, if you have the footsies to walk around bubbles/hooks/binding, or if you're playing against an all-utility support like Janna in particular, then you can easily hand your team a win in bot on a silver platter.

Blizzard

Banned
I did! Pre the 10-game losing streak I had 2 wins! Or do they have to be consecutive?
According to the internet it's just 3 total wins. It might take a day or two for the icon to show up, though. Also try restarting your client if you haven't already.

*edit* Aww, I don't think I've ever seen the Curling Veigar skin before. That's funny.

Edwardo

Yea sometimes it can take until the end of the event for it to show up.

Well that happened quicker than I thought.
2lQVLFH.png

I don't even like Morgana though :/

Congrats

Teremap

Banned
Okay, I have to ask.

Is it just me, or is Hexakill TT the worst featured game mode they've ever released? Tiny advantages snowball out of control extremely quickly, the pacing is shot to hell with there only being enough minions and jungle mobs for an intended 3 players, there's no comeback mechanic whatsoever... it just seems bad.

I think a lot of the badness could be reduced if they used Dominion-style pacing (bonus passive XP & gold and everyone starts at level 3), but using regular TT rules with 6 players is just... it doesn't make any sense to me.

bakeray

3rd game today someone on my team dies 3x by 10 minutes and afks.

I'm never getting out of silver. I was so close, now I'm back down to 0lp S2.

so fking stupid.

Bacon

Okay, I have to ask.

Is it just me, or is Hexakill TT the worst featured game mode they've ever released? Tiny advantages snowball out of control extremely quickly, the pacing is shot to hell with there only being enough minions and jungle mobs for an intended 3 players, there's no comeback mechanic whatsoever... it just seems bad.

I think a lot of the badness could be reduced if they used Dominion-style pacing (bonus passive XP & gold and everyone starts at level 3), but using regular TT rules with 6 players is just... it doesn't make any sense to me.

I thought ascension was way worse. I hated every second I played of that game mode.

Ferga

Hexakill doesn't reward any minor victories such as catching 2 people out. You can't push or rotate in treeline before people respawn when it's 6v6.

Even when you're winning, you can't end the game. You're forced to wait until the late levels so death timers are long enough for you to push into the nexus turret.

It's just really bad.

Treeline is not designed for so many players on it.

i guess i'd buy an announcer pack for rex's uncle who just woke up

I'll tell him that. He's going to get RICH

Blizzard

Banned
Hexakill doesn't reward any minor victories such as catching 2 people out. You can't push or rotate in treeline before people respawn when it's 6v6.

Even when you're winning, you can't end the game. You're forced to wait until the late levels so death timers are long enough for you to push into the nexus turret.

It's just really bad.

Treeline is not designed for so many players on it.
This was my initial experience, and maybe it's the experience when you're matched with good players.

With randoms, and then queueing with one friend, however, I just won 3 in a row. One or two of them even took around 20 minutes to kill the nexus.

The key things I am taking away from it are that whittling towers down is good, and the jungle is basically a giant trap for people to waste time in or deathmatch in until a lategame loss ends the game. Keeping lanes constantly pressured with a group of 3-ish in each lane seems to work better, except for the cases where you are trying to capture an open altar. Vilemaw every 6 minutes or whatever too of course.

The thing is that neither outer tower heals, so even if you die early in a group push to damage the tower, your team MAY be able to defend or respawn quickly enough that the other team doesn't hurt your own tower. Once you've whittled the tower down a few times, you can take it and keep going from there, and do the same for the inhib tower.

Opiate

qILIMCq.jpg

Everyone built dps except our Blitz. It was a bloodbath, and felt like it would never end. No one could get clear aces, except their team one time. They got on our nexus turret, but Fiddle spawned and immediately ulted in to them and killed 4 near instantly.

qILIMCq.jpg

Everyone built dps except our Blitz. It was a bloodbath, and felt like it would never end. No one could get clear aces, except their team one time. They got on our nexus turret, but Fiddle spawned and immediately ulted in to them and killed 4 near instantly.
Yikes.

GREAT champ

if only I could play him ever game. speaking of great champs,

ohIwtUS.png

the work done on this Nami. I had *at least* 3 4-man ults into 2 or 3-man bubbles. with the damage buff on trist...I could damn near cry it was so pretty.

Random-ass question: Nasus Q. Is that magical damage or physical?

edit: holy shit. I did as much healing as Jax did hero damage.

Nami carried a lot of GAF to Gold last Season.

Nasus Q is physical and applies on-hit (including lifesteal). People really overestimate the damage of his Q on targets with decent amount of armor if Nasus can't utilize Spirit Fire / buy Last Whisper.

Nami carried a lot of GAF to Gold last Season.
I can see why. I don't know if I've had a bad game with her this season. I've had some losses to be sure...but I don't think I turned in any poor performances. She's just fantastic.

edit:
1ewl5FL.png

yea I think I'll play more nami.

Nasus Q is physical and applies on-hit (including lifesteal). People really overestimate the damage of his Q on targets with decent amount of armor if Nasus can't utilize Spirit Fire / buy Last Whisper.

ah ok ty. and yea, he was fuckin Lee Sin's shit up. We had to repeatedly 3-man gank him with my ult and 2 or 3 bubbles and he'd still kill at least one person even through my heal spam.

http://i.imgur.com/qILIMCq.jpg

Lmao at those scores.

Katarina seems like she would be a beast in Hexa

Tizoc

Last game I played I went Poppy Top against a Nida. Luckily the Nida wasn't aggressive and I managed to farm fine. She only killed me once but Rammus and the others would help me take her down and I in turn would help out against other champs in team fights.
Went 9/1, had Sheen built first then Banshee to help against Nida, would've gone for another tank item next but by then they surrendered.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nami is cool...

But Janna.

She's the one

Both are amazing when trading in lane but Nami is more foolproof since she heals herself and damages the enemy laners. Plus the nonultimate sustain is nice.

Edwardo

Both are amazing when trading in lane but Nami is more foolproof since she heals herself and damages the enemy laners. Plus the nonultimate sustain is nice.

Yea definitely. Nami s sustain with her heal is nice. I Just like Janna so much because she was the first support i liked to play.

DA5YfwY.jpg

6-10-10 Anivia... most passive player ever in Hexakill. Anivia does huge AoE so you should at least be piling up a ton of assists, but she had 10, which is 3 lower than the lowest on the team. Despite getting blown out and feeding Mord 50 kills, this mode is pretty damn fun. Poppy is a fun pick since you can slam them into walls very easily. Lollipoppy, of course!

So when you do that thing with Poppy where you tackle then auto attack then Q, do you only do it when you tackle them into a wall for the stun or do it after every tackle? Only after the stun, right? Because it seems they can get away. But then how do you proc Sheen if you don't do it after the tackle

Newt

So when you do that thing with Poppy where you tackle then auto attack then Q, do you only do it when you tackle them into a wall for the stun or do it after every tackle? Only after the stun, right? Because it seems they can get away. But then how do you proc Sheen if you don't do it after the tackle
You can do if after every tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom