• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I kind of hope I get placed in bronze to see what it's like, but I'm guessing I'll get silver V this season.
I was correct, 3-7 put me from Gold V to Silver V.

I know I used to be bad, but I have become a truly awful player. I'm honestly not sure if I should attempt to even get better since with 1000-2000 games under my belt, I'm still doing this poorly. It took hundreds of hours in previous seasons to hit gold.

placementsp7pal.png

I asked Lord Newt to pick arbitrary champions for me, for these placement matches, so thanks to him for doing that. Note that in the last case, Riven vs. Nasus is supposed to be the absolute easiest matchup for Riven, but I still did completely horrible. You're supposed to somehow be able to trade at level 1, or hit with W at level 2, but the Nasus stayed under the tower or out of range. I guess I would have had to properly freeze the lane by level 1 to avoid that.

Miss Fortune was the only game where I had a positive KDA. She seemed fun. Some of the others like Kalista seemed fun, but pretty difficult to play effectively. Same with Riven/Draven.

If I play some more ranked, I think I'm going to try being a Singed main for a bit. Seems fun. It's been a long time since I've played him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shouldn't this have been a pentakill?
(Quadrakill = 26:52; 5° kill = 27:19)

So sad. It was going to be my first pentakill in ranked ever, and with Ahri.

):

I don't know why but I feel like my Q does more damage, but Q was unchanged. Wasn't it? (Except the ms thing)

prolly easier to land doble q

also since you're rushing a cheaper more stat-based build (morellos, blasting wand) instead of spending so much money on the dfg active, your poke is gonna be better i guess

edit: not really on the second thing since it's almost the same money, but maybe you power spike earlier since dfg rush was like either you're fed and have nlr or a pretty slow build up with like fiendish codex into mpen boots or something

Sofo

This is shenanigans. I go 5/4/27 with Ezreal and we win and someone on my team gives me +1 helpful.

lol.

I like to give Helpful in a sassy way as well. I will say nothing to them but in my mind "Helpful" sounds like:

060.png

Just innocent fun. :3

What's the go-to Gnar build these days? I like being tanky, but I normally can't decide which one out of Youmuu's Ghostblade, Blade of the Ruined King, or Triforce to build as my one damage item. In my recent normal, I was sitting on a Brutalyzer and was going to finish it after tanking up and then maybe going for a BotRK. I was planning on skipping Triforce that game.

jerd

yqTQt7M.jpg

Good still of the symbol. Moobeat said it flares up the first time you see it then just dimly lights up after that.

Teaser for new spinoff LoL Bowling imo

DeadNames

Banned
What's the go-to Gnar build these days? I like being tanky, but I normally can't decide which one out of Youmuu's Ghostblade, Blade of the Ruined King, or Triforce to build as my one damage item. In my recent normal, I was sitting on a Brutalyzer and was going to finish it after tanking up and then maybe going for a BotRK. I was planning on skipping Triforce that game.

Sitting on Brut then going full tank is really effective imo. Finish Brut into black cleaver.

jerd

No way that crystalline thing they have going with her just looks weird imo. Neither design really screams "desert land shark monster" to me, but I think that concept is much better

jerd

She's not a desert land shark though, she's a void land shark

Then what's the point of hyping the fact that she terrorizes Shurima if she doesn't have a desert theme?

Besides, it would be nice to get a void champ that wasn't that ugly ass purple

p8i3Ugb.png

irelia carries me

was gold 4, won promos, skipped gold 3 and went straight to gold 2

Congrats, skipping divisions is the best feeling

Sofo

iW1rq3j.png

Had an ok game as J4 today. We weren't doing too hot early but we had better teamfighting and they misplayed a lot. Fizz and Zed were really cheeky trying to get me in my jungle and due to Garen losing hard to Rengar early, I lost control of my blue and top side a lot.

MF and Thresh were not that great (I didn't believe it when I saw Thresh was Plat at the end, like just look how many wards he placed...??) and he always seemed to use lantern offensively, which meant MF was an easy target.

For some reason Rengar couldn't delete Kalista when ulting so then it was just a matter of push and stay together. Once that happened, we were in the clear.

Also idk about that Fizz build, but that guy was putting in work (I guess on-hit build? idk).

Some of you who play J4 often (Rex I'm looking at you), idk how to increase my damage? I keep using everything asap, and keep autoattacking. I am 21/9/0 and offensive runes except armor seals and blue MR/CDR.

Some of you who play J4 often (Rex I'm looking at you), idk how to increase my damage? I keep using everything asap, and keep autoattacking. I am 21/9/0 and offensive runes except armor seals and blue MR/CDR.
J4 is bursty, that's basically it. If you want more damage you need to buy damage.

Sofo

J4 is bursty, that's basically it. If you want more damage you need to buy damage.

Yeah but Garen has more damage than me, that's why I kind of worry that I'm not pulling my weight here. Is it because he's a laner and trading pumps that up? That's the only thing I can think of really.

Yeah but Garen has more damage than me, that's why I kind of worry that I'm not pulling my weight here. Is it because he's a laner and trading pumps that up? That's the only thing I can think of really.
Garen has AoE and spends a significant part of the game in lane trading with champions, yes.

Doing 20k ish damage to champions as a bursty jungler without building any damage besides your jungle item is pretty good. For comparison's sake, when I get super fed with Vi I usually do 22k ish.

Leezard

Jarvan blows his load with EQ+ult, after that he deals rather minimal sustained damage. Garen can spin to deal decent sustained damage in aoe. It's pretty much how Jarvan works. Jarvan brings some cc though, which garen does not.

And yeah, laning will pump up the total damage dealt stat.

Also as Leezard said, you're a initiation/peeling machine, if you're building J4 tanky you shouldn't be worrying about how much damage you're doing because that's not your job.

Sofo

Thanks guys! That kinda makes me feel better. I really wanted to go with more damage, but since we were not doing that hot and they were mostly AD, I thought it was a better investment to go full armorino.

Pd. I still need to improve on knowing the distances of R and E though! Sometimes I kinda try to spam R but I have my cursor too far away and it's not like it works like aimed skillshots!

garath

Thanks guys! That kinda makes me feel better. I really wanted to go with more damage, but since we were not doing that hot and they were mostly AD, I thought it was a better investment to go full armorino.

Pd. I still need to improve on knowing the distances of R and E though! Sometimes I kinda try to spam R but I have my cursor too far away and it's not like it works like aimed skillshots!

I don't play J4 very often but this holds true for almost all the jungle champs I play. I always buy a minimum of one damage item for solo queue. A strict tank build relies way too much on teammates doing something.

An early brutalizer or doing the warriors jungle item can go a long way. If you just build straight tank, you're just a CC machine.

Edwardo

I like straight tank, but i think triforce is the way to go if you want a damage item.

Einbroch

Banned

My favorite build on him is Brutalizer into straight tank.

No idea if it's good or not. Been working for me.

Bacon

Tried Nidalee Jungle. Ehh, I dunno if she's that much improved in there. Seems like she will be totally feast or famine.

Thinking about yorick jungle. If he has red, does that get applied to his creeps? I don't think it does.

Also how valuable is it to max w? I know it is his only cc, but I always liked when playing him to get ghost and boots of swiftness. All you have to do is get in range to q them and you can stick to them like glue. Plus it does a pretty sweet amount of dmg if you max it second after e.

DeadNames

Banned
So that symbol is appearing in videos a la Velkoz hype.

I love things like these. Riot can always hype their champs well imo (although I wish vk got more hype).

garath

My friend tried jungle nid and went like 0/5. I just don't see why you'd go her over someone else.

Fits well into a poke comp. Has huge mobility (probably the most mobile jungler I've ever played). Great damage. Ganks are pretty good just for the ability to dash in with damage and get out (gotta land that spear though).

She's definitely not the worst jungler I've ever played. I haven't even played her post patch yet. That's going to make life even better.

Plus Nidalee is fun to play. I kind of like the two form management. Reminds me of Elise and how sad I am that she sucks now.

Newt

Fits well into a poke comp. Has huge mobility (probably the most mobile jungler I've ever played). Great damage. Ganks are pretty good just for the ability to dash in with damage and get out (gotta land that spear though).

She's definitely not the worst jungler I've ever played. I haven't even played her post patch yet. That's going to make life even better.

Plus Nidalee is fun to play. I kind of like the two form management. Reminds me of Elise and how sad I am that she sucks now.
I feel like Elise is actually a decent pick nowadays, just high skill requirement. Gotta definitely go like full tank tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom