• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ghost broke my league client.

i tried to spectate him and his game ended while i was loading in, and the client froze.
now i cant spectate anyone.

Blizzard

Banned
ghost broke my league client.

i tried to spectate him and his game ended while i was loading in, and the client froze.
now i cant spectate anyone.
Would you say that your client is now...HAUNTED?

By a GHOST?

(My client actually completely froze when I alt-tabbed earlier today, and I had to kill it with task manager)

garath

I still can't invite friends to games. I even opened up a ticket with riot ages ago. They had me do all sorts of weird stuff with my PC settings and internet. Eventually they just stopped responding.

I'm half tempted to just blow away the client completely and re-install just to ensure it's not my PC. My laptop suffers the same problem but I had copied the install from my main machine so it still might be in the install. It's not my internet settings like they were having me mess with.

garath

Maybe I will just re-install the damn thing. I'll be sad losing my logs and I have no idea what custom settings I've done over the years but oh well. The directory is pretty bloated anyways.

got carried by an amumu

iZ6T0OkoP3CSe.png

Edwardo

So frustrating losing a game like this. They were up 3 drags and a baron and we held on. They go for another baron and I steal it. Next baron, my duo buddy steals it. We still lose. Fkn Viktor and Riven getting caught out all game long. So annoying. UGH

HamrY46.png

drawkcaB

Ditch the Mpen, AP and MS, get attack speed and more armor

Yep. AS marks, Armor yellows, Armor quints (choice blues) consistently outperform all other runes sets on tank junglers when I practice my jungle clears. Even on champions where there's another viable rune set (e.g. health heavy on Sejuani) the AS/Armor pages are as good, so save yourself a rune page.

Jeff-DSA

They're doing a blood donation event by my house tonight. I'm going at 7:00 to do my good deed and bleed for those in need. That means that I'll play my last 3 placement matches light headed and a little dizzy. I don't care though. Zyra overcomes.

awww, I lost one of my ranked positions thanks by Yasuo

The guy allowed Veigar to farm as he pleased, not trying to farm but to kill veigar all the time. then Veigar started one shoothing everyone

drawkcaB

They're doing a blood donation event by my house tonight. I'm going at 7:00 to do my good deed and bleed for those in need. That means that I'll play my last 3 placement matches light headed and a little dizzy. I don't care though. Zyra overcomes.

You missed an opportunity to be the first one there when the blood drive opened. Then you could told everyone you got first blood, but it didn't matter because everyone else in the line was too heavy to carry.

honhonhon oui oui baguette.

*mouth pop*

Baguette Zed hidden passive: only Zed needs to surrender to end the match.

Whelp, I'm off until tomorrow now. G'night er'bodeh!!

Blizzard

Banned
I really REALLY dislike when people trashtalk their lane opponents.

I wanted to go top lane, but someone said they mained Nasus 2 seasons, they'll go against Nasus. They'll destroy a Nasus, no question, they said. They went Darius.

Ingame, they got first blood against the Nasus. Yep they said, this Nasus is trash. They only have 35 stacks now. They'll never get over 300, they said.

The Darius is Gold I, they said. The Nasus is career Bronze or Silver, they said.

Can you guess what happened? The Darius disconnected for 5-10 minutes, the Nasus got 400-500 stacks or more, and our team was crushed.

garath

Tried the new Trist. Eh. Lategame power seems down.. Of course my entire team got stomped so hard to say for sure lol. I dislike the reduced attack range. That was one of her major strengths :( I think I'll stick with my favorites - Varus, Ashe and Jinx.

I do NOT like laning against a Nami though. Made my Alistar seem pretty useless, even with a tear first Ez on their team. Sadness.

Nekofrog

Banned
First 3 levels should be the same. E-W-E. The 2nd level of E + a max stacked W proc will decimate anyone. If you have a bully support like a Leona, it's so good.

Bricky

So I made it to Plat V this week for the first time (hurrah!) and we have this easy game that gets thrown by a mechanically good Nidalee thinking she should engage and frontline tons of shitty teamfights (leaving us to die soon after she does). So everyone in the team happens to be very civil and nice and tries to explain to here why the way she approached teamfights wasn't the best idea, and she basically just reacts like 'lol XD look at my score look at your kd'.

*Sigh*, my hope for this cocky braindead logic to be eradicated at higher elos was in vain. Guess this is the start of me understanding why everyone says Platinum is true hell if it's still filled with that kind of arrogance.

Blizzard

Banned
So I made it to Plat V this week for the first time (hurrah!) and we have this easy game that gets thrown by a mechanically good Nidalee thinking she should engage and frontline tons of shitty teamfights (leaving us to die soon after she does). So everyone in the team happens to be very civil and nice and tries to explain to here why the way she approached teamfights wasn't the best idea, and she basically just reacts like 'lol XD look at my score look at your kd'.

*Sigh*, my hope for this cocky braindead logic to be eradicated at higher elos was in vain. Guess this is the start of me understanding why everyone says Platinum is true hell if it's still filled with that kind of arrogance.
As far as I've been able to tell from the thread and spectating people, even at diamond+ levels, you still have arrogance, AFKs, trolls, bad decisions, and so forth.

Maybe some get weeded out by reports and the leaverbuster system, maybe some stay. Hopefully there are FEWER people like that, but I don't think it ever goes away.

Bricky

As far as I've been able to tell from the thread and spectating people, even at diamond+ levels, you still have arrogance, AFKs, trolls, bad decisions, and so forth.

Maybe some get weeded out by reports and the leaverbuster system, maybe some stay. Hopefully there are FEWER people like that, but I don't think it ever goes away.

I've never doubted all that crap to be there even at the highest levels of play (heard of enough toxic players even at challenger tier) but it surprises me I've made it to Plat and there are still people who don't understand your K/D doesn't mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things. Figured that Call of Duty mentality would've been weeded out by the simple fact people were able to make it that far up the ladder, but alas.

Oh well, I'm getting matched with more nice co-players than flamers or assholes these days so I shouldn't complain I guess. Could be far worse *shudders while thinking back to Silver V*.

I've never doubted all that crap to be there even at the highest levels of play (heard of enough toxic players even at challenger tier) but it surprises me I've made it to Plat and there are still people who don't understand your K/D doesn't mean jackshit in the grand scheme of things. Figured that Call of Duty mentality would've been weeded out by the simple fact people were able to make it that far up the ladder, but alas.

Oh well, I'm getting matched with more nice co-players than flamers or assholes these days so I shouldn't complain I guess. Could be far worse *shudders while thinking back to Silver V*.
Things like this is why I wish I could find a group to form a team with, so I never have to deal with randoms and their shitty attitudes.

Blizzard

Banned
In all my recent awful games, my one bright spot was doing the cheesy Rammus gank maneuver: Speedballing into lane, then flashing over the minions when an enemy thinks they are safe.

After they died, the player on the other team said in allchat that they did not expect the flash. I was like, that's the point. :p

Nekofrog

Banned
i have no intention of finishing 99% of the stuff thats "in progress"

most of my music is from before i started playing league

and now it's all just league.

i have no intention of finishing 99% of the stuff thats "in progress"
Welp, last I'll say of it is this. It's all pretty awesome. I've been playing guitar nearly 10 years now, and I just feel like I've never been able to get over the hump from intermediate to "aww yeah". I'd love if I could've done half of what I hear on your channel. Good shit, Neko.

Also....that Vel'Koz skin is damn beautiful. The new animation for W is a thingy of beauty.

30% off runes on Garena right now. Deciding on the following:

Quints - Hybrid Pen, MPen, ArPen, ASPD, Flat HP,
Blue - CDR (Flat or scaling?), the missing Flat and Scaling MR,
Red - Hybrid Pen, the missing Flat Armor

I really don't get the point of +1.5% HP Quints. It's just +15 per 1000HP. Lame next to flat +26 HP quints.

DeadNames

Banned
Wow. Another 22 game chat restriction. WTF DID I DO???

Literally the most BM thing I possibly could have done was say "gg ez"

In other news, ranked has been going well for me. I'm sitting at 80 LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom