• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
you dont have to worry about plat anymore.

I still need to worry about placements in which I'm getting retards who jump in 1v5 and complain about bad team. I would rather just start me off at gold 5 and let me work my way back up instead of dealing with this shit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I still need to worry about placements in which I'm getting retards who jump in 1v5 and complain about bad team. I would rather just start me off at gold 5 and let me work my way back up instead of dealing with this shit.
we both know the true path to freelo.

zyra is forgiving, if you accept her into your heart she will uplift you from your watery ways.

Why continue to suffer? just give in.

Ferga

First game of the day and I get queued with 2 koreans who don't want to play anything other than mid and jungle.

So they troll pick when i go jungle. Great way to start the diamond 5 grind.

Newt

now we cant duo newt D:
We can still duo.
we both know the true path to freelo.

zyra is forgiving, if you accept her into your heart she will uplift you from your watery ways.

Why continue to suffer? just give in.
He's right you know.
826b4cb9df426a87de79373f944a4041.png

well we just played a game together and i was annie

so noot is my chosen one
~_~

Blizzard

Banned
I'd like to think that Tristana AD mid could work, but I only won the game, laning against an Ahri, because of an awesome Master Yi jungle.

I'm not sure how though, since you'd have to survive 2+ seconds against assassins mid lane to charge up the E.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Those are the first three champions on the korean client, so high elo kr players ban them so they can practice vs actual competitive picks.

and low elo players ban them because they want to be faker

Korten

Banned
Freaking just played a game with two chinese players, I'm sure there is many nice chinese players but holy fuck these two were just pricks. Complaining for the get-go. So I lost my lane against Teemo, honestly it's kind of hard to lane against him as Darius. Why? Well like any ranged champ vs melee champ, it's so easy for him to poke you. Sure you can grab him, but that doesn't take away from his massive poke damage... Worse thing is, the Hecarim who was calling me out went freaking 0/7.

Ugh... Matches like that really show why I can't wait to get to Gold V and leave rank till Season 6 to do the same thing again.

Newt

Freaking just played a game with two chinese players, I'm sure there is many nice chinese players but holy fuck these two were just pricks. Complaining for the get-go. So I lost my lane against Teemo, honestly it's kind of hard to lane against him as Darius. Why? Well like any ranged champ vs melee champ, it's so easy for him to poke you. Sure you can grab him, but that doesn't take away from his massive poke damage... Worse thing is, the Hecarim who was calling me out went freaking 0/7.

Ugh... Matches like that really show why I can't wait to get to Gold V and leave rank till Season 6 to do the same thing again.
You learn to just laugh it off.

BlazinAm

Really heartbreaking loss. After we get their inhibitor Jax starts pushing bot while Talon pushes top, we are already one person down why spread the team that far thin. So of course they get nothing for it and in the last fight Thresh recalls apparently while I was going in on Jinx. Just so fucking tiring.

Tizoc

Someone explain how Liandry is supposed to work on Brand? I get that its passive will deal extra damage due to his own passive, but the extra damage is barely noticeable.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Someone explain how Liandry is supposed to work on Brand? I get that its passive will deal extra damage due to his own passive, but the extra damage is barely noticeable.
every tick of brand passive refreshes liandry's and being able to consistently refresh liandry's is the only way the item is worth anything, which is why it's popular with champions that have DOT's or have continous damage in their kit [like zyra], the lower scaling a champion has the better too, because other ap centric buys then become less valuable.

so if you hit a spell with liandry/rylai you do spell damage+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% max hp+1% current hp+1% current hp+1% current hp+1% current hp+1% current hp+1% current hp+1% current hp

since brand has low to average scaling some people take all those 1% current hp ticks as a way to tank bust with poke.

also the important thing about liandry's is that you should never finish it first. you can build haunting guise first, but then finish your second or third item. guise is a very solid item so it doesnt hurt to sit on it and liandry's, as all percent hp skills, gets better in lategame as enemies get more health. a lvl 9 champ with liandry's is gonna suck. a lvl 9 with guise, amp tome and a blasting wand is much better off.
You have massive AoE burst but you buy an item to slowly trickle someone's HP over 7 seconds.

brand has large base damage, so the penetration stat is particularly useful on him.

Rylai + Liandry really isn't that bad on Brand. It's not as much of a noob trap as RoA on Morgana.

You kinda have to shit a while after blowing your combo if you're building pure nuker.

brand has large base damage, so the penetration stat is particularly useful on him.
Lol true that. I wanted the Haunting Guise for some more magic pen and just ended up finishing it.

0xwXyLU.png
Grabbing a Guise and sitting on it isn't a bad idea if you need some extra Mpen. But seeing Brand players rush Liandry's or grab it anywhere before a CDR + Large Rod item makes me vomit
Also Lich Bane is just bm
Rylai + Liandry really isn't that bad on Brand. It's not as much of a noob trap as RoA on Morgana.

You kinda have to shit a while after blowing your combo if you're building pure nuker.
He has 4~6 second CDs while building like a nuker, with Rylai's plus landing his stun he has very little downtime.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll give Brand another go and sit on Guise and see how well I do.
Course I'd say my main issue would be positioning myself as brand, I always have this problem with long range champs :p

DeadNames

Banned
I think a big part of climbing ranked is knowing when to get carried. Like last night I was on gnar and I was kinda down in lane, but the rest of my team was doing really well. Instead of trying to make big plays, I let my team set them up and I responded accordingly.

Plat is in sight boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom