• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

But she was already getting nerfed with removal of DFG. Ahri was balanced around DFG existing, there was no way she would be fine without it specially considering she wasn't even a top tier pick.

You're right. We're much better of having a major nerf and then have Riot throw darts at a buff labeled dart board to see where it lands instead of doing something sensible like removing DFG, having a list of potential buffs in place, and then waiting two weeks to see how things shake out and applying buffs from the compiled list that would move the champion in question in the desired direction.

Having Ahri below 50% win rate for a few weeks - where she hadn't been for over a year - is ok.

Meanwhile, Fizz has dropped like a rock. For people who enjoy a nice bowl of Schadenfreude that's cool, whatever. I don't play Fizz; I don't have skin in this game. But it is another example demonstrating Riot's ability to "feel" the effects of a nerf(s) is, to put it mildly, lacking. And you know, it is genuinely hard get a feel for changes in a game with so many variables before any of these changes get into players' hands, and that's ok. What's not ok is pretending that's not true.

zkylon

zkylewd
old ahri without dfg would've been pretty weak, as old rylais ahri was fun, but super situational

you just nerf her a little bit if her numbers were too high from the rework

no need to question rito's balance philosophies or whatever for a numbers problem

Sofo

There are just so many better ideas ;_;

I mean... Aatrox as a character is so uninspired it's kinda hard what to design for it. Not talking about lore, but I mean, a demon-looking guy with wings and a sword isn't what I would call novelty character design.

Not saying Sona deserves the skin but I mean she is very popular and has a bit more variety in her themese to add this one.

Newt

zky

you better hope your NA players are better than my NA players or you're going down

also i changed my team name

2150fafffae2d6c35d5f7086084026a7.png

I had a pretty nice team. Azir started 0-6 and informed us that it was his first time playing Azir. But my team didn't rage at all. We were pretty coordinated for the most part. Some people got caught out, including me, but everyone remained civil. He built a Nashor's Tooth in the last five minutes because I told him to. Isn't that a core item on Azir? Ah, well, he landed one or two nice ults that helped us win team fights.

Ranked is exhausting. It's scary queuing up for another game after a game like this because I feel like if I lose the next one, I struggled for this game for no reason.

Jeff-DSA

Has anybody tried a full AP with Hextech Gunblade build on Vladimir since the patch? I feel like it could be disgustingly strong by mid-game if you went Mejai's first.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oops. I guess I should research before giving advice. :c
yeah, it's not that great of an item unless you're splitpushing

his build in general was pretty terrible, way over 40% cdr, not a single nlr item and liandry's

no need to do anything fancy with azir, just build him straight ap mid: athenes/morellos, deathcap, void staff and zhonyas.

Link looks like he really doesn't want to play league anymore

Zky I'm coming for your butt this weekend

iMjFYnbot2Dl2.gif

(my computer is fixed so i can link gifs again yay)

drawkcaB

Isn't nashors a noob trap on azir?

Nope. A lot of people were saying it's a noob trap because his soldiers don't proc the on-hit damage, but that's missing the forest for the trees. Nashor's is over 115% gold efficient on stats all of which Azir can use.

The catch is that Azir needs to pick up some form of early mana regen, typically in the form of Morello's these days. So there's 20% CDR right there. With decent CDR already, Azir players have other priorities like Deathcap, Zhonya's, Void Staff, etc. Nashor's becomes a "win more" item at that point, you'd only find opportunities to buy when you're well ahead anyways. That said, the plat+ games I've spectated with Azirs who were ahead and had a opening to pick Nashor's go from strong to wtfwasthatholyshit.

I really hope to see lots of balance changes next week. PBE news this week was awfully disappointing.

Tizoc

I'm certain that if our Zed didn't Solo, we would have won this match @_@
Fed badly as Trista, but mainly cuz my team would just leave me alone....

DeadNames

Banned
Nice. I fucking love morons who pick Ashe into Shaco and Rengars who fuck up a level 2 gank.

I wish people would look at my stats and let me carry them on top lane. So fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom