• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

http://promo.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/dj-sona/

DJ Sona’s hijacking the airwaves! Sona transforms League’s music into high-energy Kinetic beats, hard-hitting Concussive rhythms and atmospheric Ethereal vibes.

"Dynamic musical styles
Throughout the game, DJ Sona can spin one of three evolving songs – Kinetic, Concussive and Ethereal. Each one has its own distinct style and transforms Sona entirely, from her outfit and turntable to the look and feel of her abilities. She kicks off every gig in Kinetic but typing /toggle in the in-game chat cues up the next tune. The tracks will always go in order of Kinetic → Concussive → Ethereal → Kinetic, no remixes allowed.
Warning: Switching tracks mid-teamfight threatens to ruin your team’s rhythm."

"Music sharing
Music’s also made to be shared. If you’re on a team with DJ Sona, you can tune in to her beats by bringing up the in-game scoreboard. On the left side of the screen, next to her portrait, you’ll see a button. Click it and Sona takes over your in-game music, pumping her own songs through your speakers. Though you can’t pick what piece she performs, you can pull the plug on her show at any time by clicking the button again."

Kinetic sounds great. This skin is nuts

I just hope they're still doing the 50% sale for the first week thingy. Very much ready to drop 15 bucks on this, 32 bucks however not happening.
Unique in-game portrait, as well. That's new.

I wish they did that for all champions and their skins.
They don't do that to not confuse new players with multiple portraits for the same thing. Ultimate skins are a special case.

jerd

I just hope they're still doing the 50% sale for the first week thingy. Very much ready to drop 15 bucks on this, 32 bucks however not happening.

They don't do that to not confuse new players with multiple portraits for the same thing. Ultimate skins are a special case.

Same here. I don't even play Sona often but I'd definitely drop 1800 RP for it. Looks great. No way I'd pay 3200 or whatever tho

Music sharing
Music’s also made to be shared. If you’re on a team with DJ Sona, you can tune in to her beats by bringing up the in-game scoreboard. On the left side of the screen, next to her portrait, you’ll see a button. Click it and Sona takes over your in-game music, pumping her own songs through your speakers. Though you can’t pick what piece she performs, you can pull the plug on her show at any time by clicking the button again."
This reminds me of cs go or dota where you are use other people's music or voice pack for free.

drawkcaB

I'm not sure where you are grabbing your win percentages

champion.gg. They only use ranked info plat+ and use heat maps, summoners, and other such stuff to breakdown data by role.

If we balanced everything about the top 2% of players then we'd be in trouble.

You're correct of course, but what you do in those cases is add "separate the great Nidalee from the good" changes. Changing human-Q so that the CD is doubled on a whiff would go a long way to make Nidalee better to play against while minimizing the hurt felt my high level, experience Nid players.

Sure her spears can chunk someone but that takes quite a bit of AP to do so (I don't really think a single anecdotal complaint warrants a nerf).

It's a 1.2AP ratio on a 6s cooldown with a maximum base damage of 450. More AP the better as usual, but you already see a huge spike in spear damage when Nid completes her first big ticket AP item. She doesn't actually need that much for it to hurt.

Also, I don't think "I don't see her much" is a valid argument for balance. Amumu, Rammus, Fiddlesticks are just ~4 months removed from having disgusting win rates (Fiddle still does). I get that champs with higher play rates require more immediate attention, but that sort of attitude is a blank check Riot uses to let S4 Amumu, etc. continue on. But that's balance philosophy stuff. I'm pretty unabashed about how I don't like the way Riot goes about it.

Base numbers aren't super great.

I'm stumped. What are "great" base damages? Can we agree that Rumble has great base damages? Because his best-case on a full skill rotation - which is hard to land because so much damage is in his DoT ultimate - is a bit shy of 2000.

Nidalee has a damn large gap between worst-case and best-case damage, granted, but base numbers aren't super great? Javelin toss is 450, best-case. Takedown is 550+ best case. Trap is 100 + 18% of maximum health, add in another 450 between Swipe and Pounce.

Is it harder to land best-case damage on Rumble or Nidalee? I don't know, honestly, I don't have much experience with either. But I know that Rumble needs an active ult on a 75s cooldown to do max damage. Nid doesn't.

...man I really want to try jungle Nidalee now. I'm playing Sion and Gnar in the top and I keep trying to figure out another champ to add that and Nid might be a good fit...

Edwardo

Yea there's no way i'd drop that much. Maybe if I get Sona I would consider it for $15, but then again I could just buy 4 or 5 mystery skins >:)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I will, during the initial sale. It seems great, and will probably bring some life to playing Sona.

Sadly I think it will the exact opposite. Do you remember all the amazing Udyr mains that started being played when SGU came out? Get ready for a surge of complete trash Sonas who level E in lane and have no idea about powerchord effects.

That, and Riot has systematically nerfed her so much that popular picks like Annie and Leona almost always lead to a lost lane. At least it will be fun for normal shenanigans.

Leezard

Sadly I think it will the exact opposite. Do you remember all the amazing Udyr mains that started being played when SGU came out? Get ready for a surge of complete trash Sonas who level E in lane and have no idea about powerchord effects.

That, and Riot has systematically nerfed her so much that popular picks like Annie and Leona almost always lead to a lost lane. At least it will be fun for normal shenanigans.

Of course people will be playing her a lot and suck with her. Right after skin release will be Blitzcrank day.

I meant for me, personally. I find Sona relatively uninteresting as is, but the skin with the different styles of music will bring a bit of life into playing her.

Newt

If it gets rid of the trash players who call supp, lock in Thresh and just aggro the fuck out of lane I'm happy.

Edwardo

I've seen a good number of people asking to support lately. It's really nice since normally nobody wants to and i'll just default to support so someone doesn't get stuck with it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Of course people will be playing her a lot and suck with her. Right after skin release will be Blitzcrank day.

I meant for me, personally. I find Sona relatively uninteresting as is, but the skin with the different styles of music will bring a bit of life into playing her.

Ah, yea for sure. I'll bring back my yolo AP Sona rune pages and masteries for botlane for shits and giggles.

I've seen a good number of people asking to support lately. It's really nice since normally nobody wants to and i'll just default to support so someone doesn't get stuck with it.

No, this is awful :(. It's forcing me to learn jungle and top zzz.

garath

champion.gg. They only use ranked info plat+ and use heat maps, summoners, and other such stuff to breakdown data by role.

You're correct of course, but what you do in those cases is add "separate the great Nidalee from the good" changes. Changing human-Q so that the CD is doubled on a whiff would go a long way to make Nidalee better to play against while minimizing the hurt felt my high level, experience Nid players.

It's a 1.2AP ratio on a 6s cooldown with a maximum base damage of 450. More AP the better as usual, but you already see a huge spike in spear damage when Nid completes her first big ticket AP item. She doesn't actually need that much for it to hurt.

Also, I don't think "I don't see her much" is a valid argument for balance. Amumu, Rammus, Fiddlesticks are just ~4 months removed from having disgusting win rates (Fiddle still does). I get that champs with higher play rates require more immediate attention, but that sort of attitude is a blank check Riot uses to let S4 Amumu, etc. continue on. But that's balance philosophy stuff. I'm pretty unabashed about how I don't like the way Riot goes about it.

I'm stumped. What are "great" base damages? Can we agree that Rumble has great base damages? Because his best-case on a full skill rotation - which is hard to land because so much damage is in his DoT ultimate - is a bit shy of 2000.

Nidalee has a damn large gap between worst-case and best-case damage, granted, but base numbers aren't super great? Javelin toss is 450, best-case. Takedown is 550+ best case. Trap is 100 + 18% of maximum health, add in another 450 between Swipe and Pounce.

Is it harder to land best-case damage on Rumble or Nidalee? I don't know, honestly, I don't have much experience with either. But I know that Rumble needs an active ult on a 75s cooldown to do max damage. Nid doesn't.

...man I really want to try jungle Nidalee now. I'm playing Sion and Gnar in the top and I keep trying to figure out another champ to add that and Nid might be a good fit...

I hear ya.

Trick here is a max distance Q is pretty hard to land for that 450 damage. More likely you're hitting closer range spears and without some AP to back it up, it's not hurting a lot. She can build tanky from the jungle but loses a lot of damage for it. Compare that to someone like release Rek'sai who had very high base damage or even Gnar who just builds straight tank and still wrecks face.

I do like your suggestion of a whiffed Q having a higher cooldown. That would go a long way to reducing the blank check poke aggravation of a nidalee that has a stacked tear or something.

When the nerfed the AD ratios and shrunk the Q hitbox, she really felt a lot better. She was really OP before (especially top lane as a bruiser). But she's been rolling in her current state for quite a bit without being bad for the game. This jungle change might push her over the edge though. Who knows. She really works in the current mobility meta.

definitely give her a shot. I've been having a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom