• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

Unlocked Jayce last night... (Never played as him before.)

My first 3 games...

9hnb.png

Recently got him too. He's amazing

nerf j4 pls

i shouldn't have to waste a ban on him and gnar every game because they're fucking invincible while having 1000000000 damage and 10 years of cc.

Nekofrog

Banned
had my very first penta last night denied because my cooldowns wouldn't come up fast enough as Irelia to get the jerkass Zed :(

took out my frustration by denying fuzzery his penta kill as ahri in the same game >:3

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder why i haven't gotten many pentas myself

like i played like 5 games with newt and he got one and a quadra i think, while i have gotten like 3 pentas in my life (one with corki, one with syndra and forget the other) and not that many quadras either

so i wonder if it means i'm just bad or just the type of champions i like to play or whatever

Jeff-DSA

I played with an elo booster on my team last night. They used Ahri and completely murdered the other team. Ended up with almost 30 kills. It was pretty crazy.

Then I played Poppy. Won a 1v4 and got a quadra kill when they sent 4 to deal with my split push. Poppy's ult is so dumb/awesome. A full build Poppy is just terrifying.

Last thing, I spectated a Zilean/Tristana bot lane. That looked to be the most annoying thing ever. Bombs on bombs.

Ambition

i wonder why i haven't gotten many pentas myself

like i played like 5 games with newt and he got one and a quadra i think, while i have gotten like 3 pentas in my life (one with corki, one with syndra and forget the other) and not that many quadras either

so i wonder if it means i'm just bad or just the type of champions i like to play or whatever

Play Kat. Pentas all day

zkylon

zkylewd
Play Kat. Pentas all day

i don't like kat :p

i generally lose interest on a champion when she's overpowered. kind of the reason why i played one game of new ahri and never again

not saying kat's overpowered, but kat's pretty bullshitty and i don't like her

How hard is Jayce to use? Why is Muramana a core item on him
gives him infinite mana to poke with q+e thing and gives him a lot of burst with lots of pen and the muramana active thing

muramana is core because it gives you a huge amount of mana to spam spells and it's extremely cheap. (2200 gold.) muramana also procs extremely hard on his w which amps his muramana damage by about 120%

Jeff-DSA

Play Kat. Pentas all day

I've had two pentas and a hexakill with Katarina. I can confirm that she's the one to use if you just want a penta. That sort of falls off if the other team isn't totally stupid though and they save a CC ability to kill your ult. I've also had a penta with Miss Fortune. Her ult and W are so good in jungle team fights.

Blizzard

Banned
I got lots of multikills with Katarina, but oddly enough I think my only ever SR pentakill (maybe ranked?) was with Draven.

I suspect it's even more difficult now since they made it more difficult to reset Katarina's ult.

edit2: this is also very cool (in-client match history)

2.jpg
I wish there were a way to see the ward placement history for both teams, maybe as a toggle option.

Newt

I've got quite a lot of Pentas. I think most were probably with Draven.

Though getting Pentas isn't that hard in placements :lol.
Aq1tG7I.png

Nekofrog

Banned
"hey gais i main a primarily damage champion and play almost nothing but that champion look at my pentas"

PLAY NAMI SUPPORT AND DO IT NEWT

DO IT

Newt

Well the difference here is Deadnames will play a ranked game, get outplayed ie (rush hydra against Vayne on Aatrox and wonder why he's getting kited) and instead of blaming his own mistakes, he'll blame the champions.

Those that are in favor of Jarvan nerfs understand that Jarvan doesn't have a lot of counterplay. He's already one of the most picked champions in solo q and competitive, and arguments towards lowering his power are definitely warranted.

Nekofrog

Banned
oddone summed it up on his stream last night

"noooo, nobody banned jarvan. i don't want to play him anymore but he's up so i have too. i'm so sorry guys"

he was being serious, too. he's tired of being forced to play jarvan because the enemy will get it if he doesn't take it

Type2

I can't really see what they could nerf about jarvan. It's either hitting his burst by nerfing q or messing with his passive. Otherwise it's a kit issue. Honestly what they need to do is to stop destroying other junglers and get back to a healthy spread of strength and viable picks.

Junglers always have either a huge disadvantage over all via gold and levels or are too strong and everyone screams for nerfs. I think an extra pot might actually help with a reduced machete cost. Keep the upgrade prices as they are or higher and force junglers to either full clear and place some deep wards before they back or actually work for a kill.
I don't like the pattern of clearing 4 camps and backing with abysmal hp or locking in a high tier jungler who can gank and hoping enemy lanes are vulnerable.

DeadNames

Banned
Well the difference here is Deadnames will play a ranked game, get outplayed ie (rush hydra against Vayne on Aatrox and wonder why he's getting kited) and instead of blaming his own mistakes, he'll blame the champions.

Those that are in favor of Jarvan nerfs understand that Jarvan doesn't have a lot of counterplay. He's already one of the most picked champions in solo q and competitive, and arguments towards lowering his power are definitely warranted.

Getting kited isn't even whats wrong with aatrox.
And besides, if the vayne operates at at least 5 outplays per second, they can kite any bruiser.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've only played him like twice but he reminds me of pre-nerf Vi back in like 2013. Wayyy too much damage even if you build full tank.

Korten

Banned
Is there any way to check when skins go on sale?

I really want to get Full Metal Jayce since I got him and love playing as him- but I think the skin is too expensive. I checked and the skin (at least according to Surrender at 20), was last on sale in December of 2013...

drawkcaB

Stone Ocean said:
His damage needs to go. Big time.

This is what really chaffs my ass about Jarvan going back to S2. What do you call a champ with 3 forms of AoE CC, solid base defensive stats, big disruption power, and a defensive active? I call that tank. Riot calls that an AD Bruiser and gives him the commensurate base and scaling damage.

I can't really see what they could nerf about jarvan. It's either hitting his burst by nerfing q or messing with his passive.

Well, for starters figure out what the Jarvan actually is. Tank? Pare down his AD ratios. Bruiser? Get rid of the slow on his shield. Could always think out of the box and make it so that Jarvan's ult has a ~1+ second delay after selecting a target to give champions a chance to avoid it, compensate by it dealing damage to all champions trapped in the circle after he lands instead of just the targeted champion if necessary.

Fracas said:
I've only played him like twice but he reminds me of pre-nerf Vi back in like 2013

Well...if we're being fair Vi still has too much damage.

Newt

Nah, the thing they have to change about Jarvan is make a distinction between his E and his Q. They might as well be one ability at this the point.

squadr0n

Just installed LoL after being a Dota player for awhile and wanted to see the new changes. Love the way the game looks now. Just have one question, I cant seem to find where to buy the DJ Sona skin. Im not rushing to purchase it or anything but Its not on my store anywhere for some reason and just was curious. Where are other people finding her or is she not available as of yet?

What are some good heroes to checkout as a beginner coming from other MOBAs to get a feel for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom